Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:27   #2911

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi Folks,

My i20 Elite Asta diesel turns 7 soon. I have been servicing it regularly at Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore since the beginning. However, lately, the service has turned quite costly. Does anyone have a suggestion on an alternative to Advaith? Is there a non Hyundai service station that does a good job?
scorp77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:33   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp77 View Post
Hi Folks,

My i20 Elite Asta diesel turns 7 soon. I have been servicing it regularly at Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore since the beginning. However, lately, the service has turned quite costly. Does anyone have a suggestion on an alternative to Advaith? Is there a non Hyundai service station that does a good job?
Hi, I dont have an answer to your question, but would like to understand the reason for the increase in cost? Is it more expensive labour/spares?

I service my vehicle at Trident/Advaith and didnt find any increase in cost. I do have to refuse a few 'SA recommended' services as always. My car is 5 years old, and the last service was ~6k

Last edited by udainxs : 23rd April 2021 at 17:34. Reason: adding more details
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 17:40   #2913
BHPian

I own a 2017 model i20 Asta(o) crdi. My average spend on yearly service will be around 7k-8k. I am getting it serviced from Advaith Mission Road / BSK.
I am using Synthetic oil (Shell Helix).

I have one more query to the users of the pre-facelift period. is there someway of getting an update of your instrument cluster so that we get the DTE option ? This was a glaring omission by Hyundai in our models. We cant get to know the mileage.
Rajesh K R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 12:42   #2914

Mod note: Please avoid back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Hi, I dont have an answer to your question, but would like to understand the reason for the increase in cost? Is it more expensive labour/spares?

I service my vehicle at Trident/Advaith and didnt find any increase in cost. I do have to refuse a few 'SA recommended' services as always. My car is 5 years old, and the last service was ~6k
I do not look very closely at the job sheet (maybe I should), but I was surprised to see a bill of about 20 odd thousand in the last service. There was no complaint which needed to be sorted and the items were all regular consumables (abt 4200 for engine oil, 2k for decarbonizing being the most expensive items) and labor (~ 5k). Is this amount normal for a 7 year old vehicle that had driven about 40k Kms? I have been paying anything from 10-15K previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
I own a 2017 model i20 Asta(o) crdi. My average spend on yearly service will be around 7k-8k. I am getting it serviced from Advaith Mission Road / BSK.
I am using Synthetic oil (Shell Helix).
This sounds very reasonable.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th April 2021 at 13:54. Reason: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
scorp77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 15:15   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp77 View Post

I do not look very closely at the job sheet (maybe I should), but I was surprised to see a bill of about 20 odd thousand in the last service.
I paid ~6k for 5years/38k km service at Trident. 20 grand is a lot! Did you ask for synthetic oil?

If you dont mind, could you share the bill details here? You've likely paid for other 'options' like brake cleaning, ac cleaning etc. A lot of it is not necessary

Last edited by udainxs : 27th April 2021 at 15:17. Reason: information update
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 11:45   #2916
Distinguished - BHPian

Situation: i20 Elite just back from servicing at HASS. Navigation unit seems to get power (as seen on screen). However, no display.

Any idea what would the problem be ?
Old 12th June 2021, 10:25   #2917
BHPian

Hello everyone!

I own an Elite i20 Asta(O) 2018 petrol model. I had a query about the engine check light.
So I had gone to a relative's place out of town and there, the car is parked on an approx. 30 degree slope with the front end dipping and the boot higher up. The car was parked like this for 4-5 days straight without being used. Now when I started the car and started driving, it showed an engine check light. The car runs smooth, have checked the essentials and all liquids are there in recommended quantities. Even the car was serviced 3000 km ago.
I have encountered the exact same scenario last year too. Last time the same thing happened at the same place and I went to Hyundai A.S.S to get it checked and even they couldn't figure out what's wrong. They just cleared the code for the light and it never returned.
Could it be because of the sloped parking? Or should I raise a serious concern with Hyundai?
Any help is appreciated.
Old 23rd June 2021, 08:47   #2918
BHPian

Dear fellow bhpans. Am having this sound from inside the dashboard area maybe under steering wheel. Can any one recognize what this is? Is it related with the ac? This comes in between and goes abruptly. Say 1% time of overall driving am experiencing this. Sound is same at all rpms. It can be heard max at idle. Is it in any way related with the timing belt? I opened the bonnet to check but sound cant be identified from the bonnet area due to engine running sound. Please help
Old 2nd July 2021, 21:52   #2919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
This is much less than the price quoted by Mumbai service center. They quoted 800 plus gst per liter which would come around 3500 for Mobil synthetic blend. I opted for the servo mineral oil but I am not happy with it. I called them to check if I can visit to change the oil and they said it is not possible. They can do it only if I opt for full service. Honda offers engine oil change and even CVT oil change with a nominal labor charge then why can't Hyundai provide. Even the 0w-20 synthetic oil from Honda is really cheap (Rs. 450 per liter )

Which synthetic oil did they use in your car ?
Did anyone try to change just the oil from service center ?
Any idea when to change the CVT oil change ?
Just get yourself required amount of synthetic oil as per spec and change it yourself or ask a local garage to do it. There is no way for them to know and it’s a borderline scam asking you to do another service just for oil change. Make sure to get a Hyundai oil filter as well from online vendors or from another service center
Old 29th July 2021, 11:44   #2920
BHPian

My car has done 71k and have been regular maintained at authorized service centers, expect for one time during Covid, when I got it serviced on a Friends workshop. I did my paid service yesterday, got a huge bill, got me thinking if Maruti and Hyundai are cheaper to maintain is a myth, in this servicing I had to replace brake pads, few suspension components (as there was a dhap dhap noise from front left side), a cracked stud bolt (for this the labor charges seems to be outrageous) and a parking bulb. I said no to wheel alignment and did that part outside, attaching invoice for the same as well. it would be interesting to know views of other members on the invoice and what could be done to avoid unnecessary expenses on maintenance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-servicing-invoice1.png  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-servicing-invoice2.png  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-alignment.png  

EmpyreanKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:03   #2921
BHPian

5 years and 47,000km. Well I know the usage is less. The car was primarily used as a weekend mode of travel. In Bangalore i always preferred 2 wheeler for the ease of commuting. But the usage has increased after the onset of Covid-19. Let me list out a list of pros and cons based on my usage.

Pros:
- Quality interiors. I was used to Maruti's hard plastic before this.
- Tons of features compared to My parents 2010 Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire (sold and replaced with Ciaz Alpha AT)
- Better build quality compared to Maruti
- Aftersales service has been really good
Cons
- Engine. Well to be blunt, it's underpowered. I have remapped my and is also using BMC aftermarket replacement filter. Still
it's lethargic to drive.
- Clutch issues - Clutch issues are reported by many users across the country. I have also had my own share of clutch issues.
- Fuel efficiency. Well its not really one of the most fuel efficient car out there. My car is basically a fuel guzzler. May be i have a
heavy foot
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20211114_175733_bokeh01.jpeg  

Last edited by Kottayamkaran : 15th November 2021 at 11:09.
Kottayamkaran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 13:36   #2922
BHPian

Hello Guys ,

I need a suggestion on a weird issue with my Elite I 20 ,2015 model. My car is absolutely running fine mechanically but there is a problem with AC. When I drove it on the highways for longer run i.e is about 3 / 4 hours continuously, the AC air throw automatically stops through the front AC vents. When I stop for some time and again start the car the AC flow is back . Has someone faced the same issue? What could be the reason?

Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 09:22   #2923
BHPian

Anyone faced issue with the tailgate opening switch
It's water proof covering went kaput and water entered inside.
Now its not functioning. SC told 2500+ for repair. Planning to repair it myself
Old 22nd November 2021, 13:04   #2924
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I own Elite i20 CRDi Asta(O) 2016 model which completed 5 years last month and has run a total of 48,000 Kms. Recently, I have started facing a very strange issue where whenever I'm in a traffic or idling, it either shuts down automatically or it starts making a sound like a tempo/generator (Kat Kat) with heavy vibrations and it goes away as soon as I start driving.
There are no warning signs of any sort in the console whenever this issue occurs. Could this be because of bad fuel? I recently filled up the diesel full tank at Bharat Petroleum in Lucknow Cantt and this problem kind of started popping up after the refuel. I'm little worried as the car is now out of warranty and I drove down to my hometown Lucknow from Mumbai a few months back and now I have to go back and this is not very confidence inspiring.

I searched the forum for similar issues and could not find threads matching the description of this issue. Car is serviced regularly at HASS and has run only 4K since the last service.
Old 22nd November 2021, 13:46   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Anyone faced issue with the tailgate opening switch
It's water proof covering went kaput and water entered inside.
Now its not functioning. SC told 2500+ for repair. Planning to repair it myself
Hey Vishnu, the below video talks about how the tail gate issue can be sorted at home. Hope you find it useful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks