Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2016, 23:50   #1681
BHPian

Has anyone got the projector bulbs changed? I am planning to swap the manufacturer fitted bulbs as night drives are usually on unlit highways. Which one should I opt for?
Old 11th July 2016, 01:09   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Has anyone got the projector bulbs changed? I am planning to swap the manufacturer fitted bulbs as night drives are usually on unlit highways. Which one should I opt for?
You can opt for the XtremeVision bulbs which they sell as MGA. The part number is 990J0M67L11-050. It is compatible(H7 type) for projector equipped Marutis-Ciaz, Stingray and Vitara Brezza and costs Rs. 700 per bulb.

I have used Xtremevision in H4 configuration and can vouch for its excellence. While keeping the stock rating, its the best upgrade you can possibly get. Hence I guess it should perform better in the H7 rating too.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 09:24   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Hello Bigwheels,

Please update as whether you were successful in cracking the setting or not. I suppose the information you are looking for is contained in page 2-43 of the users manual.
@Bigwheels,

Two points which i missed out, The vehicle must be in the ON mode. Will not work in the ACC mode.

Secondly, you need not press both stalks simultaneously, the one on the right side will do. Just keep it pressed till you see the "door" displayed. From here onwards, you can push to select and navigate through the various options.
Old 11th July 2016, 09:41   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Do let me know when you get the bulbs upgraded. I'll change mine too - just note that warranty is not affected !
Old 11th July 2016, 12:00   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Go for Osram Nightbreaker. They are the best, certainly better than NightVision. Buy at Amazon:
Osram H7 P64210 Night Breaker Unlimited NBU Duo Box (12V, 55W) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00EPLCPRG/..._OWZGxb5DN20WD
And fit yourself in 2 minutes. Its just a holder, remove the older bulb and put the new one. It's just ₹1975 whereas local shops charge about ₹2400.
If still uncertain about installation, just go to any nearby service station and ask them to install the bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Do let me know when you get the bulbs upgraded. I'll change mine too - just note that warranty is not affected !
Old 11th July 2016, 12:06   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Go for Osram Nightbreaker.
And fit yourself in 2 minutes. Its just a holder, remove the older bulb and put the new one. It's just ₹1975 whereas local shops charge about ₹2400.
Hey ! H7 is for low beam or high beam in Ciaz ?
What about fog lights ? Do we need to replace them for something better ?

Fog Light is H5 ?
High beam is H7 ?
Normal light is !?!

I am all confused

Last edited by ptaneja : 11th July 2016 at 12:10.
Old 11th July 2016, 13:31   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Go for Osram Nightbreaker. They are the best, certainly better than NightVision. Buy at Amazon:
Osram H7 P64210 Night Breaker Unlimited NBU Duo
Installation is not an issue, but will it fit as i read on the verna review in this forum, a member had ordered a particular bulb and it was not fitting in his 2015 verna due to some pin issue. Though those were compatible with the previous version verna's. My only doubt is because of the projector thing.
Old 11th July 2016, 14:49   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Installation is not an issue, but will it fit as i read on the verna review in this forum, a member had ordered a particular bulb and it was not fitting in his 2015 verna due to some pin issue. Though those were compatible with the previous version verna's. My only doubt is because of the projector thing.
Car make and model doesn't matter. Bulbs are not compatible with a particular car model. If you know which bulb it is that came with your car, then no reason to think twice. If it's h7, you get h7. If it's h4, you get h4. It will fit.
Zest's projectors for low beam come with h7 bulb, I don't know what's there in Ciaz's projectors. Any car electrician will tell you the bulb model in one look. Just drive to your local service centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Hey ! H7 is for low beam or high beam in Ciaz ?
What about fog lights ? Do we need to replace them for something better ?

Fog Light is H5 ?
High beam is H7 ?
Normal light is !?!
To know for sure which bulbs are there in which light type, please take your car to nearest service centre and ask an electrician to check for the same for the low beam lights.
Trust me, low beam Nighbreaker are sufficient. As it's a 5 minutes exercise, if you like the performance and if you travel on highways, you can go for a high beam upgrade too.
Fog lights are quite OK generally. So, only lowbeam will suffice. Still, if your usage is where its foggy for long, you can go for a fog lamp upgrade.
Old 14th July 2016, 17:10   #1689
BHPian

Ciaz Bulbs

Headlight H7 12v 55W
Front fog H8 12v 35W
Position light w5w 12v 5W
Turn signal Wy21w 12v 21W
Py21w 12v 21W
Side turn LED
Tail brake P21/5w
High stop light LED
Reverse light w16w 12v 15W
License plate W5W

Interior
Front 12v 5W
Rear 12v 10W
Trunk lid 12v 5W

Even I am considering on getting a better bulb. Something whiter and brighter. Any experienced help is much appreciated.
Even looking to put on a shark fin on top, suggestions on its look please. Thanks.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 17:40   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Ciaz Bulbs

Headlight H7 12v 55W
Is this for low beam or high beam ?
Old 14th July 2016, 19:33   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post

Even I am considering on getting a better bulb. Something whiter and brighter. Any experienced help is much appreciated.
Eyes closed, go for Osram Nightbreakers. I have shared Amazon product page URL above. Just order it mate, no two ways about it.
In my new car, I got 3 upgrades done.
1. Tyres - Yoko Earth 1, best for the buck.
2. Low beam: Nightbreakers
3. A proper ECU remap from Tune o tronics.
Old 14th July 2016, 20:28   #1692
BANNED

Quote:
3. A proper ECU remap from Tune o tronics.
This is what caught my attention.

What has been the difference after the remap? I know the warranty is no longer valid (not a point of concern) but how did you measure the effect of the remap?

Did you try/think of other options like a tuning box before the remap? What did it cost you?

Finally, which variant of the Ciaz do you own?
Old 14th July 2016, 23:49   #1693
Distinguished - BHPian

There it is. ASEAN NCAP crash test of Ciaz. 4 stars is not bad at all, but child occupant safety is a miss. To rest the argument that ciaz is the lightest of the segment and hence it is not safe, this crash test comes as a relief to worried owners like me.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 14th July 2016 at 23:52.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 06:54   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=H7joVWm9q1I

There it is. ASEAN NCAP crash test of Ciaz. 4 stars is not bad at all, but child occupant safety is a miss. To rest the argument that ciaz is the lightest of the segment and hence it is not safe, this crash test comes as a relief to worried owners like me.
This is actuaaly a relief. I had argued for a Vento only because of the safety gear. But the family decision voted for Ciaz. 7 months & 10000 kms after buying Ciaz the video brings immense relief to me.

Thanks a lot for sharing
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 07:10   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
What has been the difference after the remap? I know the warranty is no longer valid (not a point of concern) but how did you measure the effect of the remap?

Did you try/think of other options like a tuning box before the remap? What did it cost you?

Finally, which variant of the Ciaz do you own?
After the remap, the car has been transformed into a "beast", a name given by a dear friend.
Of course losing warranty in a new car is a matter of concern. But as it is not traceable by the A.S.S. guys and hence warranty would keep intact, I went ahead.
I measure the effect the old fashion way, drive it. When I say the car is transformed into a beast, that is enough.
I went through all those such threads on our forum and then there was no point of trying a tuning box.
It cost me 30k.
It's a Ford Fiesta, not a Ciaz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks