Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:22   #1726
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Sorry, I misread the price of Verna.
It may seem a crude option to you, but Tata Zest AMT looks like a better bet.
It all depends on your mind if it can overcome the Tata-phobia.

75 KMs a day means a lot and diesel AT seems the viable option.
In your budget, I see two options either MS Dzire AT or Tata Zest AT, provided you don't want to buy those Ghostly Mahindra sub-4 meter SUVs.

MS Dzire comes with 74 bhp mill while Zest has a more powerful mill and more features on offer.

Now I might have confused you further and have started a new war in your mind on Status vs Practicality or Brand Value vs. Affordability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Actually only a diesel AT makes sense for your requirements. City petrol AT gives 9 kmpl in average conditions, will it be OK for you? If not, then drop petrol option altogether.
If I were you, I would book a Zest XTA and be happy. Yes, its not as long as the Ciaz, but Zest is loaded with features too, is spacious on the inside and rides like a dream over any surface. No speed breaker can touch underbelly of a Zest. In city conditions, it's reduced length is a boon and afterall, it uses the same engine as the Ciaz does.
High speed stability of Verna is poor, so whenever you would leave city limits for a highway run, the Verna is going to let you down. Plus Hyundais have not fared well in really long term ownerships.
Zest is going to surprise you at really high speeds. It just glides mate. Much mature suspension than City/Ciaz.
With VW/Skoda, you get the best AT with the most powerful engine. Don't ignore this. Also, there are many Rapids on our roads, I don't think servicing is as a major issue as we think.
Thanks Guys, it seems i ll have to rework on my decision. I ll just checkout Tata Zest atleast once and see if it works for me.
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:25   #1727
BHPian

Guys,

Got a call from a lady - she told me that its from Maruti,and that I have purchased a new vehicle in 2015. They want to run a 30min survey. She had my address, and took an appointment to meet at residence on Monday. In return, Maruti is paying 1000rs !

Is this a con in making ?
Anyone else got a call ?
Something fishy ?
Old 22nd July 2016, 16:00   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys,

Got a call from a lady - she told me that its from Maruti,and that I have purchased a new vehicle in 2015. They want to run a 30min survey. She had my address, and took an appointment to meet at residence on Monday. In return, Maruti is paying 1000rs !

Anyone else got a call ?
Something fishy ?
If she is from Maruti, she can drop a note saying the same in an email with Maruti's domain.
Old 23rd July 2016, 15:58   #1729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Anyone else got a call ?
Something fishy ?

Please deny. This is definitely a fraud. Maruti will never give out cash. At most you'll get some vouchers (eg 500 off purchase of min 2500,etc) that too after you visit showroom. Outright cash is never given.

Maruti feedback is always over telephone and incase of complaints over email.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:10   #1730
BHPian

Car went in for an express 2nd service, actually the 2nd checkup. Only involves water wash, general checkup and wheel rotation. costed me Rs30 and 2 hours of my time.

At the service bay

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20160716_171509.jpg

Finally after the glossy wax spray
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-picture1.png  

Last edited by Visaster : 26th July 2016 at 14:14.
Visaster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 16:40   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Anyone else got a call ?
Something fishy ?
Not necessarily. Maruti may be trying to find out the user satisfaction levels through a survey which is common in the auto industry. The caller probably is from the research agency contracted by Maruti who may have said '1000' bucks but AFAIK, freebies like vouchers are given and not cash.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 16:52   #1732
BHPian

Dignity Brown VDi+ comes home
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz1.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz2.jpeg  

krish.sathish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 21:56   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
Not necessarily. Maruti may be trying to find out the user satisfaction levels through a survey which is common in the auto industry. The caller probably is from the research agency contracted by Maruti who may have said '1000' bucks but AFAIK, freebies like vouchers are given and not cash.
I asked a simple question to the lady, please share the info you have over an e-mail...no one responded and thats the end of my story!!
Old 26th July 2016, 22:13   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
Dignity Brown VDi+ comes home
Congrats! The spoiler looks nice. How much does that accessory cost?
quadmaniac is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 07:24   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Congrats! The spoiler looks nice. How much does that accessory cost?
11K including labour. In fact the entire RS kit (bumper kits and side skirts) costed 32K
Old 28th July 2016, 16:55   #1736
BHPian

Hi All,
I went over a huge block of stone which was used to block a road illegaly without noticing it. One of my tyres is damaged. I have a zxi+. Was given apollo 195 R16s. I am now planning on swapping out all 4 tyres to bridgestone B290s.

Wanted to know what would my apollos be worth? I've completed around 9.8K kms.

Thanks.
Old 28th July 2016, 18:47   #1737
BHPian

I was planning to pick wheel lock nuts from US, any idea what is the tread size of the wheel nut i should pick?

A quick online search said the size should be M12*1.25 for ciaz ( http://www.wheel-size.com/size/suzuki/ciaz/2016/#).

Has anyone else installed these?
Old 29th July 2016, 23:42   #1738
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
Wanted to know what would my apollos be worth? I've completed around 9.8K kms.
Hardly anything since you have used them for around 25% of their life. Anything above 1000.00 per tire is worth it.

To get a good deal on them, go to a store where a lot of taxi wallahs come to change their tires. They are your target customers.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 17:15   #1739
BHPian

Did any one had any issue with ciaz suspension. My Zdi has done about 19k KMS. For the past 4-5k kms. I am finding pathetic ride quality and horrible handling. All roads fell undulated. Tried alignment and balancing. It holds good for 500 kms and issue crops back. I took to khivraj service, they told me that suspension is okay and onen of the rim is slightly bent. I am surprised that alloys could get bent. Steering vibrates even on slow speed and overtakes are nervous. My stock tyres are MRF. Any known suspension issues? Or could the tyres be the culprit?
Old 31st July 2016, 18:07   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Did any one had any issue with ciaz suspension. My Zdi has done about 19k KMS. For the past 4-5k kms. I am finding pathetic ride quality and horrible handling. All roads fell undulated. Tried alignment and balancing. It holds good for 500 kms and issue crops back. I took to khivraj service, they told me that suspension is okay and onen of the rim is slightly bent. I am surprised that alloys could get bent. Steering vibrates even on slow speed and overtakes are nervous. My stock tyres are MRF. Any known suspension issues? Or could the tyres be the culprit?
The wheels appear to be the culprit, please physically examine each wheel closely, and I am sure you will be able to identify the rogue tyre/wheel (s)

Please carry out a dynamic balancing of your alloy wheels (the balancing emulates real-world conditions), Madhus of Bangalore has it. It can address moderate issues.

And of course, one or more of your tyres could be a culprit too, if the MRF are replacement tyres, please check the date/month of manufacture of each tyre, Old tyres get hard and contribute to uncomfortable rides!

And yes, the current crop of alloys DO get bent. Although the very purpose of using alloys was to avoid deformation (read: high rigidity and thereby lesser tensile strength), probably due to our pathetic roads, I presume the manufacturers have gradually reduced the rigidity and increased tensile strength to avoid replacement claims on fractured alloys! :(

Last edited by cpbopanna : 31st July 2016 at 18:10.
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks