Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2016, 14:02   #1786
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
It is indeed feather light, when compared to Sx4.
Totally agree with this point!! Since my previous car was SX4, I can very well relate.
The image of nano bashing ciaz is going viral, I have received it multie times via various groups/social media/whatsapp.

Wish I could somehow reinforce the panels? Would bullbar at rear help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Is it any known problem? How can I resolve it?
No noise from my steering column too. Are you sure its from steeeing and not from tyre etc?
Old 5th September 2016, 14:59   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It seems to be an unique problem with your car. Mine is silent. Btw how many km have you completed. Mine has run just 23.5k km. May be it may crop up later I am not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
not from tyre etc?

It is very much from the steering, not from anywhere else. That too only at stand still.
It is some kind of friction noise, may be will know only if the motor is removed and the bush is checked.
Car has done only 5800km. I guess i need another visit to the service center.
ABT Maruti Chennai lacks attention to details. Every time I am forced to supervise the whole service but mostly in vain.
Old 5th September 2016, 15:07   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Totally agree with this point!! Since my previous car was SX4, I can very well relate.
The image of nano bashing ciaz is going viral, I have received it multie times via various groups/social media/whatsapp.

Wish I could somehow reinforce the panels? Would bullbar at rear help?

No noise from my steering column too. Are you sure its from steeeing and not from tyre etc?
Don't even think about the bull bars, it will only worsen. Chassis will deform within no time, in case there is a slight touch by LCV/HCV.

Earlier, I was thinking of CIAZ, but now inclined towards S-Cross.
Old 5th September 2016, 21:31   #1789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Having a new problem with the Ciaz the power steering is making noise while turning the wheel on stand still. Does anyone else notice the noise or is it dead silent. It is a bit annoying. Don't remember hearing that noise in my previous car. But I checked another which seemed to have that sound but was minimal.

Took it for a check at ABT, wasted half of my Saturday. The company guys worked on the car for 5 hours and came up with nothing, the noise is persistent and irritating since I know of it.

Is it any known problem? How can I resolve it?
Check Strut Pads.. Had seen such noise in my Punto and the issue was with worn out strut pads...
Old 6th September 2016, 13:15   #1790
BHPian

So, of Honda City VX CVT & Ciaz Zxi+ AT, i had made up my mind to go for Ciaz Zxi+ AT (due to Vitamin M), but work now requires me to go on site for about 2-3 months. I would thus be buying the vehicle only in December / January.

Speaking of December / January, i read on this forum about a Ciaz facelift on the cards with a 1.5 ltr petrol engine sometime in 2017. So i got in touch with a couple of batch-mates of mine working in Maruti Suzuki as of now.

As per them, it is almost sure that Ciaz facelift will have the 1.5 ltr petrol engine and may also feature a sunroof on the top model, however, the 2017 Ciaz is nowhere in sight as of now, and an early 2017 launch might be too optimistic considering the current scheme of things in MS.

As per him a new Ciaz will be on the cards only in Q2 / Q3 of 2017-18 and possibly around the festival season.

What this means for me, since a 2017 Honda City is very much on the cards i might get pocket some cool discounts on the Honda City come December (if a new City is on its way in early 2017), and thus i might have to re-consider my choice
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 13:18   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
Guys, how do you find the headlight illumination of the ciaz?
I find it grossly inadequate for highway use with really poor throw. Got the same checked at the service center who focused them again claiming it be fully effective but it was just a flawed effort.
Had put in a mail to maruti as well regarding this who did not provide any positive feedback asking me to get it checked at the service center.
What all options can be explored to remedy the situation? Kindly advise.
Well, it is no secret that the headlamps on the Ciaz are mediocre at best. The weakness in illumination by these projectors would appear more obvious, even if you are upgrading from ordinary halogens.

Forget the narrow width of the beam, the length of throw is also very short, even when the level is set to ‘0’ position. This eventually dampens the driver’s confidence in handling the night conditions effectively.

Personally, I feel absolute lack of confidence, when the vehicle hit speeds more than 50 Kmph and eventually end up slowing down to mid 40’s. This not only increases the journey time but also induces fatigue rather quickly. During the first month of ownership, I have personally faced near miss from hitting a person, a pole, a pothole, a speed breaker etc., during night due to inadequate illumination. Coming from the clear halogen lamps of the Indica Vista (which I presumed as just adequate for night driving), I do not find Ciaz writing a strong case for itself, when it comes to night visibility.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 17:38   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
This is called one-sided reporting dude.
It might be a one sided reporting. There was a mention of the damage to a Baleno upon rear ending a Jetta.

My intent to share the same was only to make others aware , specially the cars which are chauffeur driven. Those drivers have a tendency to brake hard without a glance in the rear view.

Also, such minor accidents are a major dent to expenses. Replacing a rear/front bumper and boot denting every now and then is a costly affair.
Old 9th September 2016, 18:59   #1793
BHPian

My ciaz zdi has 2 problems.

1. Whenever there is load on the front suspension ie when the car is in incline position and if the steering is turned fully on either side a loud metal clunking type noise occurs. What must be the issue?

2. When the doors are opened only the rear cabin lights lit up. The front cabin lights do not light up even though the switch is in the central (door) position. Is it same with all ciazs?
Old 10th September 2016, 12:37   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
My ciaz zdi has 2 problems.

1. Whenever there is load on the front suspension ie when the car is in incline position and if the steering is turned fully on either side a loud metal clunking type noise occurs. What must be the issue?

2. When the doors are opened only the rear cabin lights lit up. The front cabin lights do not light up even though the switch is in the central (door) position. Is it same with all ciazs?
1. Absolutely no idea. It seems some metal plate is fouling with the front suspension. Do you see any foreign object stuck / misaligned panels anywhere in the wheel-well? Please get it inspected as soon as possible.

2. No. In Ciaz all four lights turn up if either of the doors is opened.

Does the front map lamps light up when operated manually?

If yes, then it could be the contact switch in the front console that is at fault. Get the entire assembly replaced under warranty.

If not, then it could be the case of blown out fuses, it can be set right by any of the MASS.

Good luck.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 10th September 2016 at 12:45.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 12:44   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
1. Absolutely no idea. It seems some metal plate is fouling with the front suspension. Do you see any foreign object stuck / misaligned panels anywhere in the wheel-well? Please get it inspected as soon as possible.

2. Does the front map lamps light up when operated manually?

If yes, then it could be the contact switch in the front console that is at fault. Get the entire assembly replaced under warranty.

If not, then it could be the case of blown out fuses, it can be set right by any of the MASS.

Good luck.
Thanks for the solutions bro. From yesterday the cabin lights are working. I think it was due to moisture which dried out in the heat.

The metal noise i read on one of the ownership threads on he forum may be from the caliper plate touching the lower arm. Will get it checked at the MASS.
Old 12th September 2016, 23:07   #1796
RWD
BHPian

Anyone's birdies chirping yet, about the Ciaz facelift launch? I have pretty much decided on buying a Ciaz, after booking and cancelling a bunch of cars, a S-Cross 1.6 alpha, a Creta petrol SX+ AT, and a Vento TSI DSG highline (in that order).
Now, if I do go ahead with Ciaz, I don't wanna end up with a pre-facelift model within a month or two of buying a new car. Especially so, because facelift is rumoured to be launched with the new 1.5L Petrol engine. If anyone has any details, I'd greatly appreciate.
Old 13th September 2016, 17:11   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
Anyone's birdies chirping yet, Especially so, because facelift is rumoured to be launched with the new 1.5L Petrol engine. If anyone has any details, I'd greatly appreciate.
Ciaz facelift with the rumored 1.5 Petrol Engine is on the cards for launch sometime towards the end of the next year (perhaps coinciding with the festive season).

I was in the same boat as you and wanted to wait for the facelift version, but that seems pretty far off for someone who has been bit by the new car bug .

Read my earlier post on this posted a few days back.
Old 18th September 2016, 22:47   #1798

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD View Post
Anyone's birdies chirping yet, about the Ciaz facelift launch? Especially so, because facelift is rumoured to be launched with the new 1.5L Petrol engine. If anyone has any details, I'd greatly appreciate.
No firm ETA on facelift launch scheduled for 'sometime' in 2017. It may likely be timed somewhere close to or after City and/or Verna facelift launch.

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/20...e-specs-13309/
Old 19th September 2016, 19:12   #1799
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Last year, when I purchased my car, i20/Etios was one of most attractive options, until Ciaz appeared on arena with ABS + Airbags from base variant.
In fact, due to budget constraints, I was never looking to buy a mid size sedan, rather a premium hatch or compact sedan.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciazetios.jpg

I was having a look at the refreshed Etios prices. MSIL is offering a mid size sedan in the price segment where only cut-size sedan like Etios/Sunny/Scala were available (factor in the discounts). For an average buyer, the choice is very simple.

I think it's a mistake to think that Ciaz is getting preference over just Honda City by the buyers.

A lot of people are cross shopping Ciaz instead of i20s, Xcents, Dzires or Etios. I, my neighbor, and one of my BIL; all three were looking to buy i20.
Old 20th September 2016, 00:43   #1800
BHPian

Hey guys,

I had posted a more detail description on the 'All about Diesel engine oils 'thread but just wanted to know if any Ciaz diesel owner have used mobil delvac 1 5w40 oil in their car Or if they have used Mobil Super MGDO 5W-40 oil.
Any experiences with the difference between regular oil and these two??
My ciaz 1.3 is due for its 30k service in 1.8 years and i wanted to shift towards full synthetic.

The car is more or less performing well but only for a couple of issues:

1. First issue is with the suspension, it makes alot of sound. Dad feels its due to worn out bushes. I feel its maybe due to weak bushes and noise due to almost worn out tyres. Current set of tyres have hardly 3 to 5k km of life left.

2. While at parking speed, the steering wheel gets hard midway while turning quickly.It only happens when turning the steering wheel from left to right or vice versa quickly. The steering wheel is all smooth and then suddenly while turning it feels as if its not a power steering at that moment.

3. The usual rattles the have persisted since the car was a month old, though haven't multiplied but still gets annoying from time to time.

Other than these issues the car behaves well and is a simple car to transport one from A to B in comfort while not burning a hole in your pocket due to running cost, but at the end of the journey youll be bored to death if your the driver

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 20th September 2016 at 00:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks