Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 21:57   #1816
BHPian

Hi..

Test drove the Ciaz ZDI + today.
Liked the space and overall features on offer.
But have doubt about the quality as the TD car had plastic rattles from rear side as well as from doors.
The car had run for approx 22k km.
This could be the only reason I may think of SCross over Ciaz.
Please suggest
Old 27th September 2016, 09:49   #1817
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hi..

Test drove the Ciaz ZDI + today.
Liked the space and overall features on offer.
But have doubt about the quality as the TD car had plastic rattles from rear side as well as from doors.
The car had run for approx 22k km.
This could be the only reason I may think of SCross over Ciaz.
Please suggest
Its going to be head vs heart for you now...

I faced the same dilemma when we bought the Ciaz.
I felt the ciaz is more practical - Space, fuel efficiency, Boot space, rear AC vents, overall back seat comfort (was relevant because my dad was using it) and cheaper

However playing the devils advocate I felt the SCross more loving- Higher ground clearance, goodies (we were comparing 1.3 alpha vs Ciaz Zdi+), stylish, better built, black interiors, excellent steering & handling,

Choose any one of them and am sure you will not not go wrong with either of them
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 10:17   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Its going to be head vs heart for you now...

I faced the same dilemma when we bought the Ciaz.
I felt the ciaz is more practical - Space, fuel efficiency, Boot space, rear AC vents, overall back seat comfort (was relevant because my dad was using it) and cheaper

However playing the devils advocate I felt the SCross more loving- Higher ground clearance, goodies (we were comparing 1.3 alpha vs Ciaz Zdi+), stylish, better built, black interiors, excellent steering & handling,

Choose any one of them and am sure you will not not go wrong with either of them
Thanks for your inputs. But have you obeserved any such rattles inside your car?
Old 27th September 2016, 19:32   #1819
BHPian

Booked the ZDI version. I wanted to go for the dignity brown, but was not available in the ZDI or VDI+ versions. Went for Glistening Grey. The waiting period is a month if one wants a colour of choice. Silver and white are the fast moving ones and the dealer has a stock of them.
Does one require a seat cover. The SA told me the ZDI has a seat cover(leather + fabric). I work in a factory atmosphere with lot of dust.
There was an exchange bonus of 25000.I asked them to give me the foot mats and a body cover.
It was difficult parting with my 2002 Accord.Low slung and better looking than its latter versions. I was finding difficulty sourcing parts and Honda was quoting astronomical rates. However i will miss the surge and all the comfort it had to offer. I wish i could post my experience's with the car at a suitable place here. Maybe we should have an obituary section for cars here.
Old 28th September 2016, 00:00   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your inputs. But have you obeserved any such rattles inside your car?
I have a Ciaz ZDI, covered 30k km in 1.8 years. There are quite a few rattles from the doors, glove box and light area on the roof. They dont create a racket but its way more then my 6 year old figo which was generally known for its rattles. I have tried rectifying some of them but they reappear. If you ask me, rattles are not a dealbreaker, we have kind of gotten used to it.

There are some Ciaz owners who have few rattles, and some without a single. Our car is driven roughly so i assume rattles are caused by the way my dad drives.

If your satisfied with the car then dont worry too much about rattles, they can be reduced/fixed, since we have gotten used to it we haven't bothered much, however if you have rattle/squeak phobia then i assume the heavier/well built S cross would be a better choice.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 28th September 2016 at 00:01.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 14:38   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayk View Post
Forum Experts, Please help a friend of mine on deciding between Honda City and Ciaz, both petrol versions. I have gone through the reviews for both the cars and not in a position on what the final verdict is.
Well I was in the same dilemma a few months back when I was in the market for a new sedan. On a head to head comparison the following were my personal observations,

1. With projectors, controlled use of chrome, neat alloys and formal styling, the Ciaz appears more mature than city which seems to wear heavy make-up.

2. Interiors of the Ciaz appeared slightly more spacious.

3. The Ciaz with GC of 170mm comes slightly more raised than the City. The City during the test drive and five on board, managed to kiss a few speed breakers (including those of moderate size). Whereas my Ciaz could even clear the unscientific speed breakers of Kalyan Dombivali (suburban areas of Mumbai) effortlessly.

4. The City hosts a more powerful motor and it shows both on city roads and Highways as well. The Ciaz however is equally quick within urban limits. In an open highway, the Ciaz gains speed and reach the legal limit, in no time. Since I drive at sane speeds, the extra BHP’s on the city would not be of much help.

The price difference of more than 1 lakh Rupees (on road) between equal spec’ced variants sealed the deal in favor of Ciaz.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 15:07   #1822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Ciaz owners check your local dealership for any circular regarding suspension bushings. Two of my customers complained of some noise while traversing potholes at low speeds and the service advisors said something about a circular for suspension bushings. I'm not clear on the exact component. Heard it verbally. Part wasn't in stock, hence asked to come next week. It'll be covered under FOC.
We have this issue in our week old AT.

Did not know the existence of a circular, thanks. The issue was diagnosed today and as expected, no spare. Dealer said he would call me when it arrives to get it changed.

Looks like a supplier issue for a particular batch then?
Old 28th September 2016, 15:43   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Looks like a supplier issue for a particular batch then?
Yes. not all cars affected. Some of recent make cars exhibiting this issue.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 16:39   #1824
BHPian

Do you guys also have slightly notchy gearshift in Ciaz? I reported this issue earlier in this thread and was hoping it will get better. But, even after few months, I have to apply some amount of force to engage to any gear from middle (neutral) position.
Recently I drove a Honda jazz which was bought at the same time & with similar odo reading. In that jazz, a slight push was sufficient to slot in gear whereas it requires more effort in my car.
Any insights?
Old 28th September 2016, 19:03   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply...

My Ciaz zdi+ has covered 15k upto now.

I have observed minor rattles here and there but nothing which irritate me to the point of switching cars. I have used Tata Manza before this and trust me this car is way better than the manza.

Of course i use a GT Tsi and its not as good as a VW either.

In short- Rattles are liveable-nothing which will irritate you.

The service guys ar friendly and fix the rattle each time you tell them but they do seep in every 2.5k to 4k kms
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 19:44   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Ciaz owners check your local dealership for any circular regarding suspension bushings. Two of my customers complained of some noise while traversing potholes at low speeds and the service advisors said something about a circular for suspension bushings. I'm not clear on the exact component. Heard it verbally. Part wasn't in stock, hence asked to come next week. It'll be covered under FOC.
Thank you for mentioning this. Mine is a new Ciaz RS petrol Aug manufactured. I experienced the exact same noise when moving in low speeds over small bumps or pot holes. checking with SC on Monday, will keep you posted.
Old 30th September 2016, 13:05   #1827
BHPian

Checked with my service centre in Noida. They confirmed , there is a curcular from Maruti for Ciaz regarding some bush replacements. My workshop manager advised to wait for a few days as the parts are awaited. Lets keep each other posted. My Aug 2016 Manufactured Ciaz makes noise on small bumps and the noise has changed from just a mild one to a little higher sometimes after being driven for 1600 kms apprx.
Old 30th September 2016, 23:47   #1828
BHPian

Hey

Did my 30k km servicing today. I used mobil delvac 1 5w40,sourced from outside,to which the SA agreed, They dint seem to care about specs as long as its 5w30/40. I had the EGR cleaned as well. After the oil change i haven't felt huge difference in engine noise/clatter vs the maruti filled castrol profession 5w30 semi synthetic. I found the engine to be its usual smooth when you fill new oil but the difference i feel is after 2.3k rpm. Feels less strained, pick up is better and eager to rev, though for now not much difference below 2.3k rpm, will drive some more to see if there is any considerable change.
Besides the standard oil change(mobil delvac 1) and EGR cleaning there was nothing else done in this servicing.

Couple of issues prior to the service and discovered during service and their solutions are as follows:
ISSUE 1.Hollow knocking sounds from the suspension over rough road at 40kmph and higher
SOLUTION: After a test drive the SA jacked up the car and found a slight leak in the left rear shock .They also found the right rear shock to be weak. They offered to replace both shocks under warranty without any fuss. Sadly they had only one shock in stock so i have to make another appointment to replace the right rear shock.
Cost of Shock- 2261/-( free under warranty)

ISSUE 2. I had observed over the past 4 months, while turning the steering wheel left to right(vice versa) quickly while stationary,i used to and still feel hardness at a particular spot while turning.
This hardness is intermittent and doesn't repeat every time if do the same procedure over and over again. It doesn't happen when i turn the steering slowly or while at driving speeds.
SOLUTION: The Service guy hooked up the laptop and was monitoring in real time different values for torq /amperage/voltage shown on the screen while i was trying to repeat the issue. even though i could repeat the issue there was no anomaly in the readings, but a slight lag in the readings corresponding to the steering wheel being turned.

Now when i had first told the SA about the steering issue he informed me that there was a circular from maruti to replace something called " balancer rod"and bush. I was shown where the part is located(seemed like a a rod connecting what looks like the sway bar, not entirely sure).
The SA casually asked the mechanic to replace the part since the mechanic dint seem to know or later realized that there is such a circular. Sadly the part wasn't in stock so this issue will be attended to once the part is replaced.
If anyone has come across such a circular please share it to clear any doubt.

ISSUE 3.While the car underbody was being checked they found engine oil sprayed all over the sump and lower engine block.I never found oil drops under the car nor i found oil to be low while checking the dipstick.
SOLUTION: Issues diagnosed to loose intercooler inlet pipe. The clamp that holds the pipe was insatlled at an angle and according to the SA,as the car was run,it has slipped and caused some oil to spray out.
If this is the case then maruti really needs to do better Q.C at its plant.

ISSUE 4.Interior Rattles and hard engaging of reverse gear.
The usuall rattles and hard gear shift since the car was bought.
SOLUTION: A couple of door trims were removed,foam and double sided tape added. Still rattles are heard from the seat, some doors and from the C/D pillar.I have ignored them for 1.8 years knowing the rattles re appaer so wont bother asking them to solve it, unless the rattles increase beyond a threshold.

For hard reverse gear shift, as usual they greased the area inside the car, at the end of the gear stick. They dont lubricate the gear bush which is present outside and under the car as they do for My ford Figo. The maruti guys say its dangerous to open that area since the bush can slip and cause problems( this only hints at their laziness and nothing else). For now the gear seems fine, will check and see if it stays this way for long.

So final bill came up to 3994/- for EGR cleaning, greasing of calipers/brake cleaning and labor.
Even though maruti service is expensive, i found the attitude of the SA to be very customer centric. They take the time to attend to all your issues, even though they are overloaded. They arent stingy when it comes to replacing parts under warranty like some other dealers/brands and overall very friendly.
Hopefully when the parts are in stock i can fully rectify the above issues but looking at all the issues being faced for a less than 2 year car, we usually dont expect this from a Japanese manufacture, i guess with the astronomical volumes maruti suzuki has to deal with, some parts from vendors may not be to the highest Japanese standards. Though im glad got 2 years extended warranty.

Sorry for the long post.
Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 30th September 2016 at 23:49.
Old 1st October 2016, 15:10   #1829
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki September 2016 sales report released.
No. of Ciaz sold in Sep 2016 : 6544,
an increase of 52.5% from 4291 in Sep 2015.
Old 1st October 2016, 16:53   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
Have been driving ZXi+ AT for the past ~4 months and have following comments to share:-
2. Highway overtaking - No sweat on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, Pune-Bangalore highway. Didn't have to shift to 2 or L so far for overtaking. Overtaking is always a calculated move whether you are driving MT or AT. Of course, for a last minute move to overtake in an AT, you may have to floor the pedal and you will get a grunt from the car for 1-1.5 secs before the transmission finally comes to term with your choice of speed. If this 1-1.5 secs delay matters much for your overtaking, think twice about AT. Frankly, I wouldn't advise such aggressive overtakes with even a MT. I actually think AT makes you a more disciplined driver..
Thanks very much for your valuable input. I test drove ciaz AT... I usually have to drive interior parts where there are always single carriage roads. So I feel ciaz AT doesnt justify my case. I am exploring to check rather AMT which is Renault Duster but it would suit my driving style and purpose. However, its really off the budget for now :( Only issue with renault duster it has become outdated now. Since I would be looking forward to using it for at least another 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post
3. Cruise Control - It's a convenience (and who doesn't want more features for the same price) but don't miss it too much since my 80% use case is city or city-highway driving where I won't get to use it. Instead, give me SHVS in petrol any day! I think City has cruise control + sunroof for ~1.2L extra. On a lighter note, having both the legs unoccupied would be so boring.
Yeah I would not say Maruti shall provide cruise control at same price. They are offering it on Vitara Brezza. It would have been better if they offer it on at least Zxi+ variant with some premium.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks