Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2016, 17:51   #1831

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

The cabin light console in my two year old ZDI was malfunctioning and was changed under warranty recently. Have checked with someone else who owns a year old ZDI and it was confirmed that the cabin light console in his vehicle too had gone kaput! Maruti has not issued any official recall but considering this to be a manufacturing defect it should do so immediately! Have asked the Service Advisor to check for any other notices from Maruti regarding defective parts in the Ciaz ! This is not expected from one of the most trusted and reputed manufacturers in India! Id say lets wait and watch how Maruti reacts!
Old 2nd October 2016, 17:42   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Has anyone got the projector bulbs changed? I am planning to swap the manufacturer fitted bulbs as night drives are usually on unlit highways. Which one should I opt for?
I am facing a similar problems with the headlights. They are insufficient on a dark highway. Though i went through some of the replies given, i am still not clear. Please help me with this.

Since, the projector unit is for low beam and normal one for high beam, if one needs a better vision at night, do we change both? or changing the High beam would suffice? Some info i got in my search are these snaps.
Kindly help with your advices
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20161002_170146.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20161002_171357.jpg
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:21   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
I am facing a similar problems with the headlights. They are insufficient on a dark highway. Though i went through some of the replies given, i am still not clear. Please help me with this.

Since, the projector unit is for low beam and normal one for high beam, if one needs a better vision at night, do we change both? or changing the High beam would suffice? Some info i got in my search are these snaps.
Attachment 1561730

Attachment 1561731
I have been dabbling with various headlight options and had settled with hid conversion kits in my earlier vehicles. But with Ciaz, the high beam comes in H1 and low beam in H7 configuration.
Phillips xtremevision and osram night breakers are but just a slight improvement over regular halogen lamps.
Hid conversion kits are costlier when compared to LEDs. They are also a bit clumsy, while installing. Will need a cut or two in the wiring. If you can get hold of Philips led headlights with H1 and H7 configuration, then it will make a significant difference.

And fogs lamps in our cars do not give clear visibility. Due to smaller reflectors and lower mounting height, it won't be worthwhile to change the stock lights with higher intensity ones.

Last edited by mithunvvijayan : 2nd October 2016 at 23:28.
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 00:29   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post

Attachment 1561730

Attachment 1561731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
I have been dabbling with various headlight options and had settled with hid conversion kits in my earlier vehicles. But with Ciaz, the high beam comes in H1 and low beam in H7 ..............................................
I have upgraded both the low and high beams to Philips rally 80w, using a full wiring harness/relay kit. Been using this setup for the past 1.8 years without any issues.

There is tremendous improvement in the high beam and adequate improvement in the low beam.They key after upgrading the bulbs is to correctly level the headlight throw.The ciaz has a screw in each headlight to adjust the throw over and above the factory default.

I am not sure how much difference the nightbreakers/xtream vision will make w.r.t 80w halogens but if you find LED bulbs expensive or untested, upgrading to higher wattage halogens will solve your problems.

With this setup you will mostly use the low beams and high beams for the occasional open straight highway or pesky motorist who wont dip their high beams.

Reagrds
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:26   #1835
BHPian

Guys, a quick question!

I have ordered shell synthetic oil 5w40 during amazon shopping fest at 3300. The question now is, I called Maruti service centre, and they have flatly denied changing an oil we bring from outside. As per them, they are not authorised.

I will get it changed outside, but is this statement true?

Hope no warranty issues later?
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:41   #1836
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Yes. They do not agree if customer brings his own oil.

When I gave my oil MGDO Mobil Super 5W40 during the 90K service, they were hesitant. Even though it is Maruti recommended.

I told them warranty is out anyway so just do it. I was asked to mention in writing in the job card - "Customer has provided his own engine oil for service".

Indirectly washing their hands off if something goes wrong and customer goes to claim warranty later.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th May 2017 at 07:36. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:16   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a quick question!

I have ordered shell synthetic oil 5w40 during amazon shopping fest at 3300. The question now is, I called Maruti service centre, and they have flatly denied changing an oil we bring from outside. As per them, they are not authorised.

Try pitshop if you are located in Bangalore. You can book the same from amazon and pitshop folks will come to your place. If not in Bangalore buy Oil filter from Amazon and visit any service center. They will charge 250 to 300 bucks
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:25   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes. They do not agree if customers brings his own oil.

Indirectly washing their hands off if something goes wrong and customer goes to claim warranty later.
Damn. The only reason I wanted to have it done at MASS was to get it on their records that oil have been changed at xxxx kms mark. But I guess thousands of us are already following the practice of service outside of MASS once warranty wears out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
They will charge 250 to 300 bucks
My known garage would charge me around 100 for the same.

The question was not about charges.

The question is, what if something goes wrong with the engine - would they entertain the warranty, or would eventually try to wash off the hands saying that oil was not changed at MASS, and moreover the manual says 5W30, and you have put in 5W40 !!

Man, it seems I have made a mistake in ordering

Should I cancel the order ?

Suggestions please ??!!

Last edited by ptaneja : 3rd October 2016 at 17:27.
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:50   #1839
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please ??!!
Practically and Logically, it no more makes sense in buying it online. Cancel the order, in my opinion.
Old 3rd October 2016, 17:56   #1840
BHPian

Quote:

The question is, what if something goes wrong with the engine - would they entertain the warranty, or would eventually try to wash off the hands saying that oil was not changed at MASS, and moreover the manual says 5W30, and you have put in 5W40 !!

Suggestions please ??!!
I suggest you do not put in 5W40. The oil would be more viscous(thicker) when heated and this might cause problems. Usually a lot of testing , research goes in before manufacturers suggest a oil grade and I wouldn't consider going against the recommended grade if I were you.
Old 3rd October 2016, 18:28   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I suggest you do not put in 5W40. The oil would be more viscous(thicker) when heated and this might cause problems. Usually a lot of testing , research goes in before manufacturers suggest a oil grade and I wouldn't consider going against the recommended grade if I were you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Practically and Logically, it no more makes sense in buying it online. Cancel the order, in my opinion.

Cancelled the order.

Would go with what junk they have in large barrels and no sign of marking or labels. I would not be surprised if they put in semi-synth instead of fully synthetic.
Old 3rd October 2016, 21:55   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Got the stabiliser bar bush changed today. Apparently it is a 36 bucks part which was annoying in such a new car.

The work took 2 hours and the front axle had to come down.

No more noise for now. Though the glovebox rattles and the seat creaks in a brand new car. Well, it's a Maruti and I guess we should live with it.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 23:33   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post

I am not sure how much difference the nightbreakers/xtream vision will make w.r.t 80w halogens but if you find LED bulbs expensive or untested, upgrading to higher wattage halogens will solve your problems.

Reagrds
The reason why I omitted high wattage halogen lamps is due to some bad experiences with them. I had to learn the hard way that the high heat produced by these bulbs tend to damage the reflectors as well as the plastic covering of the headlights, giving them a dirty yellow tint over time. An experienced auto electrician identified the problem and cautioned me not to use them, unless the headlight cover is made of glass, as in commercial vehicles.

Hope that ciaz headlights are robust enough to withstand the higher heat produced by these lamps.

Last edited by mithunvvijayan : 3rd October 2016 at 23:41.
Old 4th October 2016, 06:51   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

Got the stabiliser bar bush changed today. Apparently it is a 36 bucks part which was annoying in such a new car.

The work took 2 hours and the front axle had to come down.
My friend, what were the symptoms observed before the change happened ?
Old 4th October 2016, 09:12   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend, what were the symptoms observed before the change happened ?
Noise from the suspension at slow speeds on undulations, especially when you are driving alone. More pronounced when you take speed humps when on a turn, or when front wheels take the hump one after the other.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks