Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2016, 01:08   #1846
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
The reason why I omitted high wattage halogen lamps is due to some bad experiences with them.............................

Hope that ciaz headlights are robust enough to withstand the higher heat produced by these lamps.
In my 30k km covered in the ciaz, a good amount of that was with the headlights on. In addition i am running 90/100W setup on my 6 year old figo and 4 year old alto since the time they were new and haven't had any issue, touchwood but yes, its a risk using higher wattage bulbs so i wont persuade you since you have experienced the negatives of it.

If you do find a solution to your problem kindly keep us updated. wish you luck in solving your problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
My friend, what were the symptoms observed before the change happened ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Noise from the suspension at slow speeds on undulations, especially when you are driving alone. More pronounced when you take speed humps when on a turn, or when front wheels take the hump one after the other.
I was told there is a circular by maruti to replace this part under warranty, havent seen any documents to support this though.
I was given this reason when i complained about hard steering movement while the car is stationary.

Since the part wasnt in stock i dint probe further , though ill keep youll posted if this part will solve my hard steering as they claim.

Quote:
Damn.................

Suggestions please ??!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I suggest you do not put in 5W40. The oil would be more viscous(thicker) when heated and this might cause problems. Usually a lot of testing , research goes in before manufacturers suggest a oil grade and I wouldn't consider going against the recommended grade if I were you.
Maruti used 5W40 semi synthetic Mobil oil for my 10k service. I raised this at the time but they assured me that it can be used and since it is printed on the bill and used by maruti there wont be any issue with warranty.
Next service they used 5w30 castrol professional.I haven't felt any difference between the two oil changes,just the normal effects of putting new oil at 10k and 20k.

The swifts and fiats used 5w40 engine oil and swift was recently changed to 5w30 similarly the 2012 alto k10 i have recommends 5w30 but now for alto k10 maruti recommends 0w20. I continue to use 5w30 even though the SA persuades to use 0W20 oil, which they use on other older k10 cars.
So i dont think there will be much difference but i dont have any hard evidence to claim that 5w40 wont cause an issue with the ciaz engine so choice is upto you if maruti allows your own oil ,else stick to them till warranty expires.
Bdw i used my own oil for 30k service(Mobil Delvac 1 5W40) without any fuss from maruti. Only time will tell if i made a blunder or not

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 5th October 2016 at 01:11.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 12:51   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
In my 30k km covered in the ciaz, a good amount of that was with the headlights on. In addition i am running 90/100W setup on my 6 year old figo and 4 year old alto since the time they were new and haven't had any issue, touchwood but yes, its a risk using higher wattage bulbs so i wont persuade you since you have experienced the negatives of it.
Kindly check the following threads in team-bhp

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...onfused-4.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

There are posts mentioning the deterioration of reflectors and plastic covers, as I had experienced in my Getz Crdi. Hope that this problem wouldn't appear in your cars. These threads also give ample solutions to headlight modifications.
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 22:01   #1848
BHPian

Guys, how can we make sure the infotainment system continues to play video files while the car is in motion ?
Old 5th October 2016, 22:23   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, how can we make sure the infotainment system continues to play video files while the car is in motion ?
Isn't that an interlock? The OEM infotainment systems are usually configured to play videos only when the car is stationary(based on the parking brake sensor), this info was shared by a sales advisor. Do not remember if it was a Maruti.
Old 5th October 2016, 23:01   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Isn't that an interlock? The OEM infotainment systems are usually configured to play videos only when the car is stationary(based on the parking brake sensor), this info was shared by a sales advisor. Do not remember if it was a Maruti.
Exactly. But maybe there is a workaround available ? something to emulate that parking brake is engaged ?!
Old 5th October 2016, 23:23   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. But maybe there is a workaround available ? something to emulate that parking brake is engaged ?!
Don't you realize the reason behind it? Already our roads are very dangerous. Why would you want one more distraction?
Old 5th October 2016, 23:39   #1852
BANNED

Quote:
No offence buddy but that is set so that the driver didn't get distracted from his job of driving rather than half concentrating on the road and half on the infotainment screen.

The interlock is set consciously by the manufacturer by keeping road safety in mind. So it is best NOT to go around searching to break that interlock.

IMO if you want the rest of your passengers say at the rear to watch movies as you drive then it is advisable to add screens on the front headrest facing your rear passengers so they can continue to watch the movie and the driver can 'drive'.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th October 2016 at 06:26. Reason: Typo - as requested
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 11:46   #1853
BHPian

Hello all felow Ciaz owners,

I have got my Ciaz ZDi delivered yesterday in Pearl Snow White shade.
Can anyone of you help me with best option for floor covering / mats?
The Maruti Genuine Accessory (MGA) custom Ciaz floor mat fall horribly short in footwell area.
I'm confused between floor lamination and 3D mats.
Can you help me with the choice from the above two? Any other option is also welcome.

I don't understand how Maruti can offer floor carpet in beige shade!!

Thanks in Advance.!
Old 10th October 2016, 15:07   #1854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Can anyone of you help me with best option for floor covering / mats?
The Maruti Genuine Accessory (MGA) custom Ciaz floor mat fall horribly short in footwell area.
I'm confused between floor lamination and 3D mats.
Can you help me with the choice from the above two? Any other option is also welcome.
Congrats on the purchase!

You can try 3M noodle mats. It's pretty effective for all seasons. I've been using it for past 10 months and satisfied with it. It is bit expensive (~Rs.250/sq.ft), but it's worth considering the convenience. There are cheaper similar materials. But not sure about effectiveness & quality. Some other bhpians have tried those. Please search the forum for more details.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 16:47   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If ready-made mats aren't covering areas well, please explore DIY mats.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 12:22   #1856
BHPian

Got my Ciaz ZDi delivered two days ago, in pearl snow white shade.
Got lucky as the vehicle was delivered in flat 10 days post booking, as the initial waiting period quoted was of 1 month.
Overall happy with the purchase, just facing issue while down shifting from 5th to 4th.
Anyone with same experience?
Old 13th October 2016, 12:42   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
If ready-made mats aren't covering areas well, please explore DIY mats.
Maybe get to a handloom shop where they have rolls of noodle mats in various colors. Purchase them by metres and cut them as per requirement. Check out my ownership thread for details.

Quote:
just facing issue while down shifting from 5th to 4th.
Anyone with same experience?
Congrats for purchase!
What is the issue? Hard to engage ?
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2016, 12:46   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Noise from the suspension at slow speeds on undulations, especially when you are driving alone. More pronounced when you take speed humps when on a turn, or when front wheels take the hump one after the other.
I seem to have the same issue on my 2 yr old ertiga zxi. At Slow Speeds, there is noise from the suspension and speed bumps as well. Trying to see how i can describe this to the service center who are hell bent on changing parts !!
Old 13th October 2016, 13:24   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe get to a handloom shop where they have rolls of noodle mats in various colors. Purchase them by metres and cut them as per requirement. Check out my ownership thread for details.

Congrats for purchase!
What is the issue? Hard to engage ?
Sorry, forgot to clarify.
While shifting down from 5th to 4th gear lever feels hard to move or feels notchy.
Old 14th October 2016, 14:47   #1860
BHPian

Came across the ciaz suspension noise as a complaint on http://www.consumercomplaints.in/mar...nsion-c1399519

Quoting the words here

Quote:
Vi Vishi seth on Oct 8, 2016 Submit a Complaint
I bought a ciaz zxi + engine no 7135472 on 21 aug 2016 from rohan motors, gurgaon after three weeks, i drove the car to kandaghat, solan hp, a distance of 350 kms from gurgaon and reading was 410 kms.in a day or so, i experienced major loud noise from suspension even on a slight road bump as if the shockers had packed up. No problem on the highway though. Came back immediately and car was sent to rohan motors, service centre gurgaon with this specific complaint for first servicing.
To my utter dismay, i was told that the jumping rod bush had gone and new modified bush would only be available after 4th oct. I also gathered that at least 40 ciaz vehicles were pending modification at rohan itself and all ciaz are affected.
I have seen my brand new car completely opened up twice and they had difficulty assembling the steering back even. Destroyed my confidence in maruti and car lying in my garage as no info from dealer or service centre. User of maruti for nearly 20 years will hesitate to buy a maruti again.
My question why general recall was not issued for ciaz? How can you see a new car opened up twice and yet to be repaired? Will maruti replace this car for me or guarantee me trouble free service/ who compensates for the harassment i am going through?
Need an urgent reply and future plan

Also, i see some of us facing the same issue including me . As the complainant reported , the steering assembly problem after the repair, is it something to worry ? Does that needs opening up of a major part/assembly

Quote:

Got the stabiliser bar bush changed today. .
Can you let us know , if your work done is satisfactory. I am assuming that this is the same part being talked of here .

I am still waiting for my service centre to confirm the availability of this part and intent to get it replaced soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks