Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2016, 10:53   #1906
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Dear Ciaz Owners,

I have a ZXI+ variat purchased in May 2016. Today morning when driving to work, i had to engage the reverse gear to get the vehicle out of the parking slot, but after i had driven a few hundred meters, i noticed that the touch screen disply was frozen on the camera view. It was just like a snapshot was taken and permanently displayed.

I tried switching the car of and back on, but the display stubbornly remained on the camera. The steering mounted controls for Voice, telephone and mode was not functioning either. The only operable control was the volume button on the steering stalk and on the touch screen.

Similarly the other buttons ont he touch screen like home etc were also not functioning. So I drove it to office, and then disconnected one connector which was attached to the battery terminal. This sort of reset the system and now everything is back to normal.

My question is, how do i reset the audio system in case of such freeze without removing the battery terminals?

A second question is, when you have armed the security system and then open the boot using the boot soft button, does the Alarm sound? In my car now it does not sound hence wanted to check if this is a feature or trouble ticket to be addressed by Maruti

Appreciate your help. TIA
Old 8th December 2016, 13:43   #1907
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoos View Post
My question is, how do i reset the audio system in case of such freeze without removing the battery terminals?
You can try to locate the wire that provides power to the sound system head unit alone and pull out that connector, wait for some time and put it back. However, it is simpler to disconnect the battery terminals since finding that wire hidden behind the dashboard is going to be a painful procedure.

There is no other "Hard Reset" button that can be used.
Old 15th December 2016, 10:20   #1908
BHPian

Just booked the automatic version metallic silver and I am super excited.

Honestly this thread Click led me to deviate away from the Honda City towards Ciaz.

Most of the comments and reviews here are positive for Ciaz hence there was no doubt in booking the car.

Thanks to all the members comments - Team Bhp Rocks !!
Old 15th December 2016, 14:20   #1909
Senior - BHPian

We have a Ciaz AT at home and we are thoroughly disappointed with the suspension.

The rear sags to the floor whenever there are 2 pax or more, and even with the slightest undulations on the highway, the car bobs up and down, giving the rear passengers motion sickness and the driver jitters, to slow down the car.

The car handles decent when driven alone, or with one passenger.

I have ordered Rogerabs and going to give that a try, do we have any other Ciaz owners who are running such a setup? Would like to hear feedback.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 18:54   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Just booked the automatic version metallic silver and I am super excited.

Honestly this thread Click led me to deviate away from the Honda City towards Ciaz.

Most of the comments and reviews here are positive for Ciaz hence there was no doubt in booking the car.

Thanks to all the members comments - Team Bhp Rocks !!
I too booked auto petrol zxi+2 days before , expected delivery by next week , what discounts did you got, i got in all 25000 plus exchange bonus of 30000
pabheda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 19:12   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
I too booked auto petrol zxi+2 days before , expected delivery by next week , what discounts did you got, i got in all 25000 plus exchange bonus of 30000
I got 25000 + 10000 Accessories, no exchange since they quoted my Swift at Rs. 1,00,000/- but I managed to sell it for Rs. 165000/- outside.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:40   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
We have a Ciaz AT at home and we are thoroughly disappointed with the suspension.

The rear sags to the floor whenever there are 2 pax or more, and even with the slightest undulations on the highway, the car bobs up and down, giving the rear passengers motion sickness and the driver jitters, to slow down the car.

The car handles decent when driven alone, or with one passenger.

I have ordered Rogerabs and going to give that a try, do we have any other Ciaz owners who are running such a setup? Would like to hear feedback.
Yes, I have a ZDI and feel that suspension is pathetic. Till 10K KMs it was supple and then starts the driver jitters. Slightest undulations make the car wobble a lot and it feels unsafe to do overtaking at 80+ speeds. I have taken the car multiple times to the service centre, to be returned by them saying all is well.

My problem is with the front left side, back seat journey is still Royal!

My car has done 25K Kms, not sure if the problem is on tyres (MRF ZVTV). My last resort is to change the tyres (replace them with Bridgestone Turenza/B290) and see how it hold.

What is this Rogerabs and how does it work?
Old 16th December 2016, 11:02   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
That is nice , from whom did u book ?, i sold my honda city 2007 for 114000 (plus 30000) exchange bonus 144000
Shivam Maruti Kandivali, where did you book it from.

They were very courteous and gave me test ride of the vehicle patiently at my door step. Also they were not pushing me to buy the vehicle as the other brands executives were doing, just the right mix of courteous and welcoming attitude. These experiences make the purchase more assuring and positive all round.

I would like to add that the Vitesse Maruti guys attitude was more lethargic or less to nil enthusiastic while showing the product (while test riding a Brezza at their showroom as initially this car was in our shortlist before test rides).

The Sai Service guys didn't respond to my requests even when I agreed to go to their showroom for test ride, the funny part was that I know the sales guy since last 6 years and have purchased various vehicles from him in our cousins and friends circle, and they were either fending off the calls stating they cannot arrange for a test ride for a week and later sending me vague sms messages for non availability of test ride vehicles, that is a little difficult to believe that they cannot have test ride vehicles for so many days.

The Spectra Maruti personnel Goregaon was very good in showing the vehicle (ciaz manual) but since I got a better deal at Shivam I went ahead with the booking with them. Shivam Maruti guys sent the vehicle within 3 hours of my call to them.

Got the booking number today via sms.
Old 16th December 2016, 11:28   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post

What is this Rogerabs and how does it work?
Please go through below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

I have ordered them, will post feedback after installation and testing.
Old 16th December 2016, 12:31   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Please go through below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

I have ordered them, will post feedback after installation and testing.
Thanks. Also, how hold is your car and how much has it clocked. I am seeing the it is deteriorating more with KMS. Wondering if the softer suspension is showing up its age much before. Wont a new set of spring/suspension help?
Old 16th December 2016, 14:57   #1916
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2016 at 21:26.
pabheda is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th December 2016, 16:06   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Thanks. Also, how hold is your car and how much has it clocked. I am seeing the it is deteriorating more with KMS. Wondering if the softer suspension is showing up its age much before. Wont a new set of spring/suspension help?
Brand new, with just 4k kms done. Ciaz ZXi AT, manufactured in August 2016.

It is this way since day 1, and since I come from European cars, I found the difference right away.
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 19:14   #1918
BHPian

Just an update to my ciaz ownership.
I got the ciaz zdi in march this year and have done about 22k kms as of today. Pretty pleased with the way it performs and it truly deserves to be at the top of the sales charts.
I regularly get upwards of 24km/l on the highway when driven sanely, pedal to the metal brings it down to 18km/l.
I got the tyres changed to continental max mc5's at the time of delivery and they are holding up well. They are a worthy alternative to michelin and perform adequately well.
I did not encounter any suspension wobble or undue behavior as mentioned here even at triple digit speeds, I feel it has a very safe handling and settled ride though nothing sporty. Best driven sedately and can handle emergency lane changes with ease.

Things that bother me with the ciaz-
* Absolutely pathetic headlights, offer no confidence in highway runs. As good as a candle in the wind. Also with the h1 h7 configuration and plastic dust caps its almost impossible to upgrade them without fiddling with the original setup.
Had put this concern upto maruti a number of times but they just don't entertain any feedback.
Any solution here would be highly appreciated.
* Dashboard has a persistent feeble rattle as pointed out by many ciaz owners, again no fix.
* Quality of plastics especially on the center panel around the gearbox and the handbrake is appalling, its highly prone to scratches and lets down the otherwise well put together interior.
* Lack of trim on the inner aspect of the boot, looks cheap.
Maruti please charge me extra for it but please provide it so that i don't cuss you every time I open the boot.
Old 20th December 2016, 20:56   #1919
BHPian

The above comment reminds me to point out - can someone please recommend a good mechanic/service center or any good soul who can diagnose the constant rattling on uneven road surface in dashboard ? Its somewhere in central console, behind the divinity idols..
Old 21st December 2016, 18:51   #1920

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
The above comment reminds me to point out - can someone please recommend a good mechanic/service center or any good soul who can diagnose the constant rattling on uneven road surface in dashboard ? Its somewhere in central console, behind the divinity idols..
In my humble opinion the cause of the rattling could possibly be on account of the ICE system. The rear screws may not have been fixed. Just a guess. Suggest that you take the car to the Maruti Service Center in Naraina, Delhi. Either the workshop guys or the associated MGA guys present there may be able to isolate the problem.

I just bought a Ciaz VXi+ and have yet to run into this problem. Yet to complete my 1000 kms. Hope to investigate the issue as and when I get it. Right now I am trying to understand why the coolant, brake oil and wiper fluid containers in the engine bay are empty and were not topped up before delivery.

Most Viewed