Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 16:20   #1936
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Phew! Ciaz is awesome. I have been getting 24.1 kmpl on 40:60 city:highway on my non svhs ZDI. That is a 900 km tank range!

This tankful: 660 km done so far (3/4th of tank)
Range shows 280 km for remaining 1/4th tank
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20170111_15_50_22_pro-2.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20170111_15_50_01_pro-2.jpg  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 11th January 2017 at 16:23.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 19:36   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Phew! Ciaz is awesome. I have been getting 24.1 kmpl on 40:60 city:highway on my non svhs ZDI. That is a 900 km tank range!

This tankful: 660 km done so far (3/4th of tank)
Range shows 280 km for remaining 1/4th tank
What is the calculated (using tankful to tankful method) FE?
Old 11th January 2017, 22:13   #1938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
What is the calculated (using tankful to tankful method) FE?
Refilled the tank before leaving the car for 30000km service.

Actual FE came out to be 23.9 kmpl. Just 0.2 kmpl error from the trip computer. Range for this tankful stands at 850 km. Last tankful it consumed 27.5 liters of fuel to tankful for 660 km.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_ss_20170111_0001.png  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-wp_20170111_16_50_14_pro.jpg  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 11th January 2017 at 22:18.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 18:20   #1939
BHPian

Did Hyderabad -Tadoba with a bit of jungle roads which she took in her stride without any scraping. Got a FE of 20.01 tank full to tank full, luggage of @45-50kgs, a combined occupant 1+1 weight of @150kgs, not crossing @100-110 kmph couple of times hitting 130kmph.
Getting a City FE of @11 to 14 AC & nonAC. 3 services done encountered no major issues only the nagging dashboard sound specially on bad roads & a hanging music system , 11570kms done.
Overall a very happy owner of a CIAZ ZXi+
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-studio_20170115_172622.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-studio_20170115_172843.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-studio_20170115_173008.jpg  

rdhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 16:55   #1940
BHPian

I give up. Not able to solve the steering noise problem in my SHVS VDI since the past 4 months, car been to the service centre 4 times for it. The best reply the company could give is that the noise is there in all cars, why am I worried. Its one thing to try to resolve it, passing it on as it is a common problem (feature), Maruti is terrible at it.
2 other issues in the car are the glove box vibration and the front disc brake cover plate, awareness of that problem and solution has still not been spread to everyone in charge of service.
My audio system all of a sudden stopped to tune Radio station, the clarity is poor as though the antenna is not connected.

How many have this noisy steering heard while taking a turn at stop or slow speed, very irritating it is, if anyone has found a solution, please share it. Thanks.
Old 21st January 2017, 17:53   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I give up. Not able to solve the steering noise problem in my SHVS VDI since the past 4 months, car been to the service centre 4 times for it.
=======
How many have this noisy steering heard while taking a turn at stop or slow speed, very irritating it is, if anyone has found a solution, please share it. Thanks.
Would suggest that you take it up with Maruti directly and take it to another service center for a second opinion . If under warranty get the steering assembly changed. I have not come across any such noise from the steering assembly.
You should make a detailed complaint on the Maruti website. They do respond quickly and take up the matter with the concerned service centre.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th March 2017 at 13:48. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 21st January 2017, 19:10   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
The best reply the company could give is that the noise is there in all cars, why am I worried. Its one thing to try to resolve it, passing it on as it is a common problem (feature), Maruti is terrible at it.

2 other issues in the car are the glove box vibration and the front disc brake cover plate, awareness of that problem and solution has still not been spread to everyone in charge of service.
Common problem my foot . For sure there should be other Ciaz in the same service centre, have them demo this noise on their column. If not, change your service centre - plenty to choose from ! Thats the advantage we Maruti owners get.

I got my disk brake cover plate noise fixed in 10mins flat (if yours is the same noise I was getting, at every every speed breaker/bad road, there was a clank noise - it would be more prominent in a situation where brake is pressed just before suspension comes into play ,for eg hitting the break just before going over speed breaker strip) . There is a small cover which needs to be hammered back in place. Photo and details are there in my thread.

Check post #92 here >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ionship-7.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
You should make a detailed complaint on the Maruti website. They do respond quickly and take up the matter with the concerned service centre.
The problem with going through Maruti is the fact that they would get in touch with the SAME service center through which he is already following up(and gave up) - without a solution. Its not that Maruti would send in their tech's - but would just hound MASS to get the things sorted. In a way, can be beneficial - but for me, getting a second opinion from a trusted mechanic is more sane. Of course, get the parts changed via MASS through warranty claim.
(in my case, dashboard noise was not being looked after or fixed by a particular MASS. Got in touch with Maruti twice, they pulled some strings at the "same " service centre, without any result. Showed it to a nearby mechanic, he took 30rs, sprayed some "wurth" chemical spray in the small minor space/gap between dashboard and windshield - couldn't get the name properly of the spray. For now the issue is fixed - something I have been dealing since 6 months)

Last edited by ptaneja : 21st January 2017 at 19:21.
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:32   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Did Hyderabad -Tadoba with a bit of jungle roads which she took in her stride without any scraping. Got a FE of 20.01 tank full to tank full, luggage of @45-50kgs, a combined occupant 1+1 weight of @150kgs, not crossing @100-110 kmph couple of times hitting 130kmph.
Getting a City FE of @11 to 14 AC & nonAC. 3 services done encountered no major issues only the nagging dashboard sound specially on bad roads & a hanging music system , 11570kms done.
These are astonishing figures. I recently did a 5000 KM odd road trip (Pune-Chandigarh-Pune) and did not reset trip A for the whole jouney. I got a following figures.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_1482.jpg

I was happy with the them until I saw yours. I did not drive to exract mileage only as this was a fun road trip with stops at various places across the western India in Rajasthan & Gujrat. When I started my jouney first 100 KM were very economical though.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_0739.jpg
//M6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:47   #1944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M6 View Post
These are astonishing figures. I recently did a 5000 KM odd road trip (Pune-Chandigarh-Pune) and did not reset trip A for the whole jouney. I got a following figures.

Attachment 1597720

I was happy with the them until I saw yours. I did not drive to exract mileage only as this was a fun road trip with stops at various places across the western India in Rajasthan & Gujrat. When I started my jouney first 100 KM were very economical though.

Attachment 1597721
Just confirming yours is a Honda City and this is a Ciaz Thread Hope you have not got confused with the threads and assume you have put it up for a comparison between the two cars

Last edited by blackbandit : 22nd January 2017 at 16:49.
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:53   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Just confirming yours is a Honda City and this is a Ciaz Thread Hope you have not got confused with the threads and assume you have put it up for a comparison between the two cars
Yes, mine is a petrol City and I have posted it here just for the comparison between the two.
//M6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 18:53   #1946
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1597720

Attachment 1597721
The best way to calculate the FE is tank full to tank full which is very accurate. My on board FE shows @14.6 which does not reflect the true FE.
CIAZ is a 1.4L tuned for milage and if one does use a heavy foot the FE drops fast.
City having a 1.5L, slight heavier will give a lower FE but more power & torque. So win some loose some.
Old 24th January 2017, 17:13   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, mine is a petrol City and I have posted it here just for the comparison between the two.
Buddy... you can't compare a petrol City and a diesel Ciaz! Even the City diesel gives insane mileage - check out the City thread for owner feedback on the diesel and this Ciaz thread for owner feedback on the petrol version.
Old 24th January 2017, 17:40   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Buddy... you can't compare a petrol City and a diesel Ciaz! Even the City diesel gives insane mileage - check out the City thread for owner feedback on the diesel and this Ciaz thread for owner feedback on the petrol version.
He mentioned it as ZXI+ so I am assuming that its a petrol top end.
Old 24th January 2017, 17:53   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
He mentioned it as ZXI+ so I am assuming that its a petrol top end.
Lol. My bad. I missed the quote of the zxi. I thought you were comparing it to the zdi or Prasanna!
Old 7th February 2017, 10:38   #1950
BHPian

Ciaz! The Game Changer in Mid-Size

MSIL, the long term market leader for small cars in India had tasted amazing success with its highly successful sedan-Ciaz. Long back when Dzire was launched, it was a blistering success for Maruti as public and commercial taxi operators both grabbed this car with both hands, thereby making it one of the most sold value for money sub 4 meter sedan in the market. Maruti with a view to pull more premium customers to its fold had conceptualized the idea of a premium yet cost effective sedan (priced in the range of Rs 7.53 lakh to 10.52 lakh Ex-Delhi) and since October 2014 Ciaz has clocked a cummulative sales of 1,40,226 units. The rising numbers in this segment had catapulted MSIL's share in mid size segment to 41% in FY 16-17 as against of 29% in the preceeding FY.

Ciaz competes with a well established name in the market, which is Honda's City, Hyundai Verna and Vento. To keep the numbers growing and to provide better FE, MSIL had further launched Ciaz with Hybrid Diesel engine. The competition for the segment leader Maruti Ciaz is going to intensify further, as Honda is all set to launch the 5th generation City with subtle facelifts like new LED package, bigger wheels, rear spoiler and changes in ICE.

Source: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle9525093.ece

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th February 2017 at 14:48. Reason: Adding paragraph spaces
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks