Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 16:41   #2206
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

My Apr2015 Ciaz ZXI just completed 15k Km. The 4th service was in May. Ever since that, shifting of gears have become tight, engaging the reverse gear has become harder and the clutch also tight unlike what it used to be before.
Took the veh to Maruti Service centre, they are saying there's nothing unusual. Also the braking seems to have lost its zing.
In the 4th service, gear Oil & brake fluid were all changed from the same service centre.

Pls advice what i can do to escalate the matter.
Old 28th July 2017, 17:25   #2207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
My Apr2015 Ciaz ZXI just completed 15k Km. The 4th service was in May. Ever since that, shifting of gears have become tight, engaging the reverse gear has become harder and the clutch also tight unlike what it used to be before.
r.
I have an August 2015 ciaz zdi that has done 40k km. The clutch remains as light as it was on day 1. In your case, the service center guys must have messed things up.

Just visit the service manager and raise a complaint. Maruti takes complaints very seriously.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:34   #2208

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Hi Ciaz AT owners,
Could you please let me know what FE figures you're getting in the city? What can one expect to get if he's mostly going to drive in bumper to bumper traffic?

Thanks.
I own Ciaz Zxi+ AT for 1+ yr. My FE experience is -

~12-14 kmpl - City driving bumper-to-bumper traffic
~14-16 kmpl - On City highways. On ~17-19kmpl - on clear highways at 80-90kmph.

I have received ~20.17kmpl on highway drives better than 19.72 claimed by Maruti ☺️ It's a nice car.
ranjitjadhav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 19:40   #2209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Ever since that, shifting of gears have become tight, engaging the reverse gear has become harder and the clutch also tight unlike what it used to be before.

Pls advice what i can do to escalate the matter.
The petrol engines have a clutch cable. The mechanic's usually have a tendency to tighten the clutch for a better feel, although they do not realize that it is a big pain to drive a car with a heavy clutch in the city. You can get it adjusted by any FNG, barely costs Rs.50. If you are the DIY kind and don't mind the clothes getting greased, you can adjust it by yourself.

The diesel cars have a hydraulic clutch, thus no need to adjust the clutch as long as the master clutch cylinder/fluid levels are fine.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 20:02   #2210
BHPian

I drive a shvs zdi+ .. I got 26 kmpl on certain highway trips.

The average has been 18 kmpl. Most of my 60 odd kms is b2b traffic.
SDee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 08:19   #2211
BHPian

2 days old Delta Petrol. I got an avg of 24 kmpl, Blr to Hyd. Did not cross 80 kmph. I saw a few posts showing 30 kmpl. In my car, that only showed when the gear was in neutral and going by its own momentum.

The drive was effortless. Happy with this car. While I got the hang of it after several attempts, the blue tooth feature of the music system is buggy. On the look out for 3d mats and phone mount now.

Dealers charge 9k+ for basic accessories that includes mats for front, rear and boot, mud flaps, Tom tom charger, Ganesh idol, basic cleaning kit and 2 cushions. Wish I had spent this money elsewhere.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 09:20   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post

~14-16 kmpl - On City highways. On ~17-19kmpl - on clear highways at 80-90kmph.

I have received ~20.17kmpl on highway drives better than 19.72 claimed by Maruti ☺️ It's a nice car.
Thanks! Do you experience any significant lag or an under power experience while driving? I want to understand how good is the 4 speed auto gear box.
Old 31st July 2017, 18:02   #2213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I saw a few posts showing 30 kmpl. In my car, that only showed when the gear was in neutral and going by its own momentum.

Dealers charge 9k+ for basic accessories that includes mats for front, rear and boot, mud flaps, Tom tom charger, Ganesh idol, basic cleaning kit and 2 cushions. Wish I had spent this money elsewhere.
How many times should we tell in this forum to never ever drive car in neutral or with engine off :banghead:

30kmpl is the maximum value that can be shown in Ciaz MID. So, even if
Instantaneous FE calculated is more than 30, it will show 30kmpl in MID. This will happen when you are coasting in any higher gear there is almost no fuel injected due to lack of throttle input.

When I got car last year, I got all these accessories for free. This was shown as worth 3-4k in price list, which got waived off for me. I guess the 'nexa premium' got applied here too and it became 9k .

Last edited by Midas : 31st July 2017 at 18:04.
Midas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2017, 19:33   #2214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
How many times should we tell in this forum to never ever drive car in neutral or with engine off :banghead:

30kmpl is the maximum value that can be shown in Ciaz MID. So, even if
Instantaneous FE calculated is more than 30, it will show 30kmpl in MID. This will happen when you are coasting in any higher gear there is almost no fuel injected due to lack of throttle input.
25-27 KMPL is what the display shows when coasting on a flat road in 5th gear; 30 KMPL when in neutral. I am aware that savings are more when driven in gear. Don't worry that isn't my driving style.

I offset 25% of the Ciaz cost by selling my Alto to the dealer. In addition to the usual discounts, the dealer transported my Alto from Hyd to Blr at their own cost.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 13:50   #2215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
25-27 KMPL is what the display shows when coasting on a flat road in 5th gear; 30 KMPL when in neutral. I am aware that savings are more when driven in gear.
I was not telling about savings, but safety aspects. Anyway, behavior of your car seems strange. In my case, if I coast for 4-5 seconds(i.e. no accelerator input), MID would show 30kmpl even in 4th gear. Theoretically this should be the case as there is no fuel consumption and car is still covering distance
Old 1st August 2017, 14:11   #2216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitjadhav View Post

That is just amazing.

My Xcent petrol gives around 12.5 to 13 kmpl with 100% AC in city traffic. Its a manual transmission.

A petrol automatic giving upwards of 12 kmpl in city that too the segment to which this car belongs - it is just fantastic. Kudos to Maruti!
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:59   #2217
BHPian

Ciaz VXI+AT 30K Service

Car had been due for 30K service for about a month. In my previous service (20K service), I had paid around 8-10 K. Although it was a major service, I honestly did not feel that so much cost needs to be paid as Maruti is quite known of its reliable components.

I have a feeling that even the MASS Service Advisors try to somewhat inflate the customer bills by recommending too many things to replace. However all the necessary information of what needs to be done in each service (except the price) is right there in the service manual. It clearly says that engine oil and oil filter needs to be replaced. Pretty much everything else should be tightened OR inspected.
Experience at mass
The people at MASS will show as if they are always very busy and try to treat you like an illiterate chap. They said they needed the whole day for service but agreed to 2 hour service when I said I will come back some other time.
Also they recommended too many changes of components. How could the SA make the recommendation to change without first even physically looking at the condition of current ones? I did not feel like arguing too much. So just removed some of the items on his recommended list of changes but agreed on others.
Servicing started and it took them probably less than an hour to actually work on the car. After that the car went for washing. Finally the documentation and paperwork took about an hour thanks to the chaotic working environment and lack of information while people keep getting interrupted by one thing or other. Overall I did get the car in about 2.5 hours.
Total bill was about 3.7K.
Then comes a big shock later: One of the components in the bill was not actually replaced . Now I had not expected this from MASS, even though they said it was a mistake. However they promptly agreed to have a re-look at the car to make sure nothing else was missed.

Overall lessons learnt
- MASS is not a great customer experience but is better than typical unofficial workshops
- There is always loss of efficiency as some workers will be lazy (biting nails, talking on phone) and others will be overworked. This also means lot of chaos for us as consumers as no one will know what is happening and some misses will happen.
- Some people are too overworked and will sometimes recommend some changes from their experience but without even looking thoroughly at the car. These changes are not very expensive (each filter is couple hundred rupees typically), but IMHO they are a wastage nevertheless.
- It appears service advisors seem to have some incentive for more part replacements and selling things that may be pretty unnecessary. I don’t know if the overall objective is money minting or just getting rid of the customer ASAP.
- The owner’s manual is the bible for the user. I would say take a photocopy of the same and then take car for service. No one can challenge Maruti when it comes to their processes. Even the MASS person may not be fully sure of what all things need to be done. After all there are so many Maruti models, with so many checks to be done and so many service intervals.
- Ask around for discounts by calling them up beforehand. Getting 50% off of service labor fees is quite common for me in Delhi.

P.S. Later on I came to know about this guide http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...checklist.html. For the moment car is in extended warranty so I am following service manual to the T. However, once out of warranty, I will certainly consider the above link for servicing.
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:04   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaRustam View Post
[u][b]
Then comes a big shock later: One of the components in the bill was not actually replaced
Interesting. How did you realise that the component wasn't replaced?

Last edited by pathik : 3rd August 2017 at 12:18.
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:36   #2219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaRustam View Post
Ciaz VXI+AT 30K Service
The owner’s manual is the bible for the user. Even the MASS person may not be fully sure of what all things need to be done.
+1. I take my WagonR to a MASS - a small one which does work quite decently. For the first two services, told them to stick to the manual and now they don't push for anything other than essentials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
My service station puts all replaced components into the boot. I can easily check the life of parts like cabin filters and take a call on whether to change or not the next time.
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:53   #2220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Accidentally actually. I just thought why not clean up the cabin filter myself and get my hands dirty. On taking it out I saw accumulated dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
+1.
My service station puts all replaced components into the boot. I can easily check the life of parts like cabin filters and take a call on whether to change or not the next time.

Great idea. Will tell them next time. Although some things such as oil will still be tricky to validate.
Unfortunately the level of faith in MASS that you can have up here in North, particularly in Delhi NCR, is very different from what you have in, say, Mumbai.

Last edited by ChupaRustam : 3rd August 2017 at 13:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks