Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 19:58   #2236
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Does the Ciaz have such poor resale? Or is it because my car is black? Goa always had decent resale value so I am not sure why the low quotes.
Have you approached multiple dealers ? When I approached True value on my own, I was offered 1.7L. The Maruti dealer that facilitated the sale of my old car to True value and thereafter sold me a new car, valued it at 2.5L. May be they keep lower margins when sale of a new car is possible. Try combining it that way, may be with someone who has plans of buying a car. If not Goa, try nearby locations as well. My Maruti dealer has branches in Hyd and Blr. I handed over my KA car to them in Hyd and took delivery of new car in Blr.
vinu_h is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 19:59   #2237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
I am trying to sell my 2015 diesel ciaz , ZDI model. 46600 km covered with extended warranty till 2019 and new tyres. It's black in color.

I am getting very low quotes from dealers, 5.5 to 5.7 and from private individuals, 6.5 to 6.8
Does the Ciaz have such poor resale? Or is it because my car is black? Goa always had decent resale value so I am not sure why the low quotes.
I feel 6.5 to 6.8L is a fair valuation for a 2 year/46k kms run car...No?

Note that for a similar or slightly more amount, a "new" compact sedan can be purchased...
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 20:24   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Have you approached multiple dealers ? When I approached True value on my own, I was offered 1.7L. The Maruti dealer that facilitated the sale of my old car to True value and thereafter sold me a new car, valued it at 2.5L. May be they keep lower margins when sale of a new car is possible. Try combining it that way, may be with someone who has plans of buying a car. If not Goa, try nearby locations as well. My Maruti dealer has branches in Hyd and Blr. I handed over my KA car to them in Hyd and took delivery of new car in Blr.
I approached the same dealer from where i bought my car, i approached the hyundai and the mahindra dealer, (am upgrading to a XUV500). All three quoted low due to the 28% gst burden on them when they sell the car to another party.
I guess it will be a hassle to sell my car outside the state, hence we would wait. If we dont get a reasonable expected price, we will keep the car for mom and sell the figo, thats worst case scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I feel 6.5 to 6.8L is a fair valuation for a 2 year/46k kms run car...No?

Note that for a similar or slightly more amount, a "new" compact sedan can be purchased...
A brand new ciaz zeta model(equivalent model to the ZDI ) is 10.66 ex showroom, will be almost 12l on road and now GST prices are supposed to go up.
A basic compact diesel sedan( cheaper Ford Aspire) would cost much more than 6.5l onroad.

Anyways, always thought marutis have decent resale, 6.5l is almost 4 lakhs depreciation on a 2.5 year old diesel maruti, i wonder what would a similar vintage hyundai verna go for ,not to metion a skoda rapid/vw vento.

Sorry for going OT!

Last edited by bblost : 17th August 2017 at 17:04. Reason: Removed extra smiley.
Old 9th August 2017, 20:36   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we dont get a reasonable expected price, we will keep the car for mom and sell the figo, thats worst case scenario.

Sorry for going OT!
Usually if you try to sell any vehicle within the first 3 years you will feel that the price is very low and it is true. You have extended warranty on the car as well. So no point trying to sell a well maintained car for lesser price. Instead, as you pointed out the 6 year old petrol Figo will not feel like a pinch when you are trying to sell it. That would actually be a better option IMHO.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 13:28   #2240
BHPian

Hi fellow owners, I am looking to get seat covers for my Ciaz. Please post the pics of your seat covers and where you got them installed and the cost you paid for it.
I wish to fit something over the existing seat. If you are from Chennai it would be great to find a local shop for the job. Thanks mates.
Old 16th August 2017, 17:08   #2241

Mates,

I have booked Grey Alpha Petrol AT on 10 Aug. Have a few questions and queries:

1. The dealer had mentioned 4weeks for delivery - is this the outer limit or should it take longer?

2. Any specific things to keep in mind while taking delivery (I think I have time to build the list)

3. Any upgrades that should be done at delivery or just after delivery

Look forward to your inputs

Warm regards
Anshul
anshulkwatra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 18:47   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshulkwatra View Post
Mates,

1. The dealer had mentioned 4weeks for delivery - is this the outer limit or should it take longer?

2. Any specific things to keep in mind while taking delivery (I think I have time to build the list)

Congrats man!

1. There is no hard and fast rule and it all depends on the dealer & circumstances. Most of the time, you would get based on their promise as they might have an idea of when they will receive the next lot. But, obviously, there has been many cases where it got delayed a lot and in some other cases customers got it much earlier than promised (due to cancellations)

2. There is already a very detailed useful thread on pre-delivery inspection:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

3. Since yours is top variant, there is no need of any upgrade at the time of delivery. Use it for few weeks or months and decide whether you need a headlight & tire upgrade depending on your requirements. Some people might find the stock headlights & tire adequate whereas some might want upgrade.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 19:37   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Hi fellow owners, I am looking to get seat covers for my Ciaz. Please post the pics of your seat covers and where you got them installed and the cost you paid for it.
I wish to fit something over the existing seat. If you are from Chennai it would be great to find a local shop for the job. Thanks mates.

I got mine via MGA and these are premium seat covers from them. The quality is decent but the installation could have been better.

Attaching some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20170705_123358.jpg  

Mr.Beat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 22:00   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Mates,

Warm regards
Anshul
Door beading/protector, visor and seat covers are recommended.

The nexa basic accessories kit will be hard sold. The kit includes poor quality mats, cleaning tools, mud flaps, charging kit, perfume and cushions. These are not worth 9k and you will have most of these if you already own a car.

The loyalty card comes at a cost as well. This is avoidable too.
vinu_h is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 11:17   #2245
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti launches Ciaz S, the sportier version of the sedan.

Quote:
The sportier version of the Ciaz comes with the S variant now. The car gets a new trunk mounted, and rear underbody mounted spoiler and sportier bumper, (which is not same as the Ciaz RS bumper). It gets very aggressive and angular design. The car also gets a new front bumper and side skirtings too. The rest of the vehicle remains similar to the regular Ciaz.

The new S variant of the Ciaz also gets all-new premium black interiors, which is same as the Ciaz RS. However, the interiors look much more premium with the grey chrome inserts around the air-vents and other places. The seats are also black leather and oozes of plushness. The Ciaz S has been launched only in one variant and is available with both petrol and diesel engine options. The price of petrol variant is Rs. 9.39 lakh and diesel variant is Rs. 11.55 lakh.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-capture.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th August 2017 at 11:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 13:48   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
Guys I just booked the Alpha AT Nexa Blue.
The only after market accessory that I would want are a good set of 3D mats.

I see many brands on Amazon which is very confusion so any suggestion would be welcome.
Guys I took delivery of my new ride on the 31st July.
In terms of accessories this car, as per me, just required foot mats. Which I bought from Nexa itself @ ₹1590/- (Too lazy to source it outside).

Regarding the head lamps..
At the extreme ends there are round lights which are very dim. Are they supposed to be that dim. Can I do something to increase the brightness.
The other light which has high and low beam also needs some improvement.

Please suggest ways to increase the brightness.

Today I completed 500kms, coming from the Xylo this is an amazing car to drive. Having experienced the AT I am surprised that I had not gone for an AT car earlier. It is a boon in the bumper to bumper NCR traffic.

With my sedate driving style I feel 15KMPL is do able in city traffic. Have not driven on the highway hence cannot comment. Will do so after 1st service (yes I will change to synthetic).

For sentimental reasons I suppose I will keep the Xylo profile picture after all I had driven the car for 180k KMs.

Rest later.

Last edited by vijit.gangwar : 17th August 2017 at 13:51.
vijit.gangwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:15   #2247
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics of Ciaz S,

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazssport5.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazssport1.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazssport2.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazssport3.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazssport6.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazssport7.jpg

link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 16:49   #2248
BHPian

Quote:

Warm regards
Anshul
I forgot about one must have accessory. Due to the beige floor, you will need floor mats. I got black noodle mats from 3M the next day itself.

Apart from these, I got regular floor mat, door visor, side beading, underbody coating etc. as free accessories from Maruti, but I'm not sure whether they are worth buying. Since Ciaz has moved to Nexa now, I doubt whether they give all these for free now. Try your luck.

Last edited by Midas : 17th August 2017 at 16:50.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 17:34   #2249
BHPian

Looking at the pics above, I could have sworn I just saw one Ciaz with a similar spoiler and lights on it just last evening. I assumed it was perhaps a custom modified Ciaz. One thing though that I noticed was a "RS" badge at the back on it which somehow the pictures don't have.
Old 17th August 2017, 17:59   #2250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Looking at the pics above, I could have sworn I just saw one Ciaz with a similar spoiler and lights on it just last evening. I assumed it was perhaps a custom modified Ciaz. One thing though that I noticed was a "RS" badge at the back on it which somehow the pictures don't have.
Before the Ciaz moved to Nexa there was a RS variant with body kit and spoiler and black interiors. The S is similar to that.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks