Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 18:09   #2251
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Irony is, that this S version might be slower than the non S versions due to all the added weight of the body kit.
Rahulkool is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 15:17   #2252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
I got mine via MGA and these are premium seat covers from them. The quality is decent but the installation could have been better.

Attaching some photos.
I'm SO glad I saw this post. I wanted to get these seat covers for my Ciaz VXI+. I got sick of getting the fabric ones cleaned because the slightest drop of water causes the cloth seats to get an ugly stain on them. Can you let me know if these seats are the ones NEXA terms as "Premium Beige Gathering - 990J0M79MB3-190"? Premium PU or something. If yes, do these have the chemical-y smell that PU seats emit after being in the sun for too long? Also, NEXA gave me a quote of 8700 for these.
Old 18th August 2017, 17:49   #2253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I feel 6.5 to 6.8L is a fair valuation for a 2 year/46k kms run car...No?

Note that for a similar or slightly more amount, a "new" compact sedan can be purchased...
Not really! It costs 12 lakhs OTR.

I have a 2015 ciaz zdi which had done 41k km, i was offered 8.5 lakhs when I enquired 4 months ago.
Old 19th August 2017, 22:23   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Irony is, that this S version might be slower than the non S versions due to all the added weight of the body kit.
So to drive non S version even more faster I need to go on diet? :banghead:
I am not sure why people tag ciaz as "slow". The same engine in Fiat makes it a super car but ciaz a slow car. Don't understand the logic.
Old 25th August 2017, 16:04   #2255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
So to drive non S version even more faster I need to go on diet? :banghead:
I am not sure why people tag ciaz as "slow". The same engine in Fiat makes it a super car but ciaz a slow car. Don't understand the logic.

Apparently someone (I think Autocar) did a test and Ciaz was 1 second slower to reach 100kmph than City. It does not mean Ciaz is the slowest. But unfortunately the tag got stuck because only these 2 cars are selling well in the segment.

For me the surprising thing was that even the Verna which claimed 120x bhp was slower than City with 100x bhp. Dont remember the exact numbers.

Last edited by ChupaRustam : 25th August 2017 at 16:08.
Old 25th August 2017, 17:21   #2256
BHPian

China version of Ciaz gets a facelift, with exterior style tweaks!

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...n-china-405690
Old 27th August 2017, 13:28   #2257
BHPian

Just did a Bombay-Baroda and return trip in my friends 1 year old ZX auto. From the passenger seat I had very little to complain about

1. Comfy seats, no aches anywhere even after a 8 hr drive but the seats are softer than those in my T-Jet
2. Auto AC cools nicely, and the fan is nice and quiet at low to medium speeds
3. Stock music system is decent. Instruments and voices are nice and clear even at low volumes cruising at 120, and the speakers pump out a surprising amount of bass.
4. The ride was nice and composed even at speed, and not a hint of roll with the dodgem style of driving one needs to adopt on that road. No complaints from the stock MRF's which happily handled 300 odd km of constant rain on the drive to Baroda.
5. The engine is very quiet when cruising, almost as good as the Jet's and only gets noisy if you floor it.
6. Very little wind noise at 120, and with the music playing low made it a very relaxing drive.
7. We forgot to reset the trip when we started but we got an average of about 14-15 kmpl
8. No creaks and rattles from anywhere

I took the wheel for about 200km on the return trip and the Ciaz surprised me with how competent it felt compared to the Jet. Yes, the steering isn't the greatest (no self centering at all), and its down on the solid midrange power of the jet but I still had fun driving it without ever getting nervous when pushing it. The 4 speed old style gearbox shifts up and down unobtrusively, but it on occasions refused to shift down unless I lifted off briefly and floored it again. A few bad patches of road did unsettle the car, but I think it was more the crashing sound of the suspension than anything else.

It really is a great option for someone like my friend who treats a car as point to point transportation and nothing more. Well done Maruti, another preconceived notion of mine busted.
keroo1099 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 17:32   #2258
BHPian

Just did one of the most random things in my life in my three month old Ciaz Alpha Diesel.

After a very frustrating and long(avg 14-15 hours) four days at office , I took sick leave on Friday and went out to get medicine and breakfast at around 11 am. After that decided to take a long drive to Hyderabad airport (36 km from my place).

But on the way I saw a sign which said Left Hyderabad Airport, Right Mumbai, Pune.
So I decided to try something new and took a Right to drive a little along the Hyderabad - Pune - Mumbai Highway.

I ended up driving all the way to Pune, stayed the night at a friends place and then drove back today. Total distance was 1,100 km + . Mileage shown by the Display is 24.2 km/L with the AC on about 80% for the whole trip.

Surprisingly I wasn't very tired at the end of the trip despite the horrible roads from Hyderabad to Solapur. Everyone I told this story to thinks I am crazy

Last edited by Foxbat : 27th August 2017 at 17:33.
Foxbat is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 12:53   #2259

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Just did a Bombay-Baroda and return trip in my friends 1 year old ZX auto. From the passenger seat I had very little to complain about
=====
It really is a great option for someone like my friend who treats a car as point to point transportation and nothing more. Well done Maruti, another preconceived notion of mine busted.
I wish I had gotten to see this review of the automatic before I bought mine. I did not get an automatic for a TD anywhere in my city even after waiting for 20-25 days. Sales of the Automatic variant in Chandigarh are dismal. The sales guy did not even allow me to see the one they had in stock, stating that it is a slow mover so they do not offer demos or TDs. I think Maruti needs to up its ante when it comes to product info availability among sales personnel.

The salesperson I spoke to at another dealership had NO idea that maruti even makes an automatic This was non-nexa, BTW. I was absolutely not interested in getting the auto without getting the TD, so got the petrol manual.
bikerbaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 12:22   #2260
BHPian

My ciaz was partially flooded in the recent Mumbai floods. Water had entered the cabin and now the airbag light is on. I checked the code with the OBD scanner. Its reads ' Airbag control module 1st stage circuit short to power supply '. I guess my Airbag module is toast. Have opened it up and kept in the sun. Can i get it covered under insurance? Also what is the price for it if in case i need to replace it from my pocket.
Old 4th September 2017, 21:02   #2261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
My ciaz was partially flooded in the recent Mumbai floods. Water had entered the cabin and now the airbag light is on. I checked the code with the OBD scanner. Its reads ' Airbag control module 1st stage circuit short to power supply '. I guess my Airbag module is toast. Have opened it up and kept in the sun. Can i get it covered under insurance? Also what is the price for it if in case i need to replace it from my pocket.
Not sure this will be covered under warranty since this is due to the Act of God. Remember many such things during the Chennai floods and cars being refused warranty. Not sure about the price of the replacement module. I hope it is not much.
Old 4th September 2017, 21:47   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Not sure this will be covered under warranty since this is due to the Act of God. Remember many such things during the Chennai floods and cars being refused warranty. Not sure about the price of the replacement module. I hope it is not much.
I think you are getting confused between warranty & insurance. Definitely it's not covered under warranty. But, whether it's covered under issuance or not depends on the type of damage, policy, the guy who is assessing etc. For eg, following link gives some idea (I'm not sure about the accuracy of content within the article, but you'll get an idea)

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/60277649.cms
Old 6th September 2017, 12:18   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin49 View Post
My car is just a month old and I have to already strap up my right hand because of the hard steering. I think the problem is quite widespread as a quick Google search will show you other forums where folks have complained about the same. One of the core issues is the steering will not come back to the mean position automatically like a true power steering mechanism. I would like to solicit feedback from other folks on this forum as the problem is wide enough for Maruti to issue a recall.
Hey ashwin49

Did you get any solutions to the problem.
Old 9th September 2017, 23:16   #2264
BHPian

I have one query about the music system in the zeta model.
It does not display the title of folder or the song which it plays from the USB or any external device.

It this normal or it can be changed ?
Old 12th September 2017, 21:42   #2265
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi fellow Ciaz owners,

My 2 year old, 42k run Ciaz ZDI is prompting me with "low battery" icon on the console.

Isn't 2 years too early for a battery to die?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks