Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2018, 21:17   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Hello Ciaz AT owners,
I'm posting a few questions on behalf of a family member. We got a new Ciaz AT at home. Does the car roll back on inclines when the transmission is in D?

Do you need to use L to start off on the inclines in Bangalore?

TIA
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:21   #2342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Do you need to use L to start off on the inclines in Bangalore?
1. Depending on the incline the car will roll back, CIAZ does not have hill hold function.
2. I have never had to use "2" or "L" even when parked on the exit ramp of Malls in Noida. The car will easily pull from a standing start on most inclines in "D".

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2018 at 21:03. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
vijit.gangwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2018, 15:36   #2343
BHPian

Recently my ciaz diesel shvs has been giving me starting issues. I think the battery has gone weak. My ciaz has run 45k kms and its 2.5yr old. Is it too early for a battery failure?. Has anyone faced similar issues.
Old 7th April 2018, 15:43   #2344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Recently my ciaz diesel shvs has been giving me starting issues. I think the battery has gone weak. My ciaz has run 45k kms and its 2.5yr old. Is it too early for a battery failure?. Has anyone faced similar issues.
Mine is about 35k kms, Oct 2015 model - SHVS.
No issues with battery so far, but usage and health of each battery is different. Get the battery tested, or probably get it changed. Its always better to have it replaced on time, rather than getting stranded somewhere - because in all of my cars in the past 15 years, batteries have died all of a sudden!
Old 7th April 2018, 20:49   #2345

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
I faced battery failure when my ciaz Zdi was just 14 months old.
Even before the battery completely failed the stop/start feature was not working properly. In February the battery completely died and i had to jump start the car. When i took it to D.D motors they ran some tests on the battery to check if the current was leaking or not. They kept the car for 2 days and sent the battery to an EXIDE service station.

However, when I got my car back, they had not changed the battery but attached a report with the bill which stated that the specific gravity of 5 cells was very low and that they had fixed the issue. Since then, I have not faced any other battery-related issues.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screenshot_20180407202011__01.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 7th April 2018 at 21:04.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:25   #2346
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been contemplating over the last couple of months to buy a new car. I was fixated to buy the dzire. However, seeing the discounts that are currently up on the ciaz petrol, I wanted to give it a shot and hence went out to take a test drive of the vehicle from Nexa showroom at Kavuri Hills, Madhapur, Hyderabad.

I already own a Celerio VXI AMT - 2014 model with ~34000 kms on the ODO.

I am looking to buy the ciaz by exchanging the celerio. I believe I have got a good offer for my old car

Rs. 3,50,000 for the old car + 50,000 (Exchange bonus) + 30,000 (Consumer + corporate discounts available to anyone) = Overall cash discount 4,30,000/-

Apart from this, the sales advisor informed that I could avail 10,000 worth of accessories for free.

Now the confusion:

I was in the market to purchase the Maruti dzire ZXI variant (either Manual or AMT). The manual would cost ~8,45,000 and the one with AMT would cost ~ 8,90,000 in Hyderabad.

However with all the discount running on ciaz, I was wondering whether it would be a better buy in comparison to the dzire.

The variant that I am looking to purchase is the CIAZ delta variant with an on road price of 10,12,000/-. The confusion began after the test drive of the ciaz vehicle.

1) I found the vehicle to not have the zippy feeling that I found with Dzire k-series petrol engine.
2) The rear view of the vehicle was extremely poor despite being 5ft 8 inch tall.
3) Also the sales advisor suggested that real world city mileage would be close to 14 kmpl. However, I seriously doubt those figures.
4) I am aware of the upcoming facelift. Dwindling thoughts of whether I should wait for it.
5) When we get discounts without much bargain, I know I should be happy. But a portion of my mind is also getting suspicious and worried If I am missing something.
6) Few carwale reviews suggest that the diesel is a much better vehicle on the ciaz when compared to the petrol variants. But for my running, a petrol would be sufficient and does not warrant the ~ 2L premium that is charged for diesel car (promoting these variants to be hybrid).

In all, I am super confused if i should just stick to dzire or buy the ciaz instead given that If I buy the dzire, I don't get a penny discount. Also, I need to wait 8-10 weeks for the vehicle to be delivered.

Looking forward to hear back on suggestions from the forum members here.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:53   #2347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
6) Few carwale reviews suggest that the diesel is a much better vehicle on the ciaz when compared to the petrol variants. But for my running, a petrol would be sufficient and does not warrant the ~ 2L premium that is charged for diesel car (promoting these variants to be hybrid).
Try both versions, with full load at least. This will give you an indication if the petrol is sufficient. But the diesel may be better. The power that the petrol has may look sufficient today, but can come out as only okay-ish tomorrow.
Old 13th April 2018, 13:14   #2348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1) I found the vehicle to not have the zippy feeling that I found with Dzire k-series petrol engine.
The 1.4L Petrol Motor on the Ciaz is mediocre in terms of outright performance and that is a well accepted fact.

Secondly, when you compare that with the beautiful 1.2 K Series, you have experienced what anyone else would. But if you compare this with a Ciaz Diesel, strictly keeping in mind your city runs, the Petrol fares better to Diesel due to the characteristics (Turbo Lag) of the Diesel Engine.

Quote:
3) Also the sales advisor suggested that real world city mileage would be close to 14 kmpl. However, I seriously doubt those figures.
Reality will be anywhere between 12-14 KMPL depending on the type of traffic you drive in the city.

However, on the highway, even with speeds of 90-100 KMPH, the Petrol will easily return at least 16-17 KMPL and we have enough testimonials on this on many Ciaz Petrol and Ertiga Petrol ownership threads.

Quote:
6) Few carwale reviews suggest that the diesel is a much better vehicle on the ciaz when compared to the petrol variants.
On a highway when you compare the Petrol with the Diesel, you will realise that the Diesel is a locomotive, keeps chugging above 3 digit speeds without much ado. I may not want to mention this but due to the weight factor (and the gearing) the Ciaz Diesel also has the best top end when you compare that with any other DDiS equipped engine.

If my requirement if regular highway drives, I would pick the Diesel for its better highway performance; for everything else, the Petrol would be sufficient.
Old 13th April 2018, 13:45   #2349
BHPian

Quote:

I am based in Hyderabad also and exactly a year ago I was confused between the Diesel and Petrol Ciaz. I finally went for the Diesel Alpha Hybrid after driving both petrol and diesel versions. Pickup I felt is much better in the diesel (higher torque numbers 200 Nm vs 130 Nm), highway performance and also fuel efficiency (in the city I get minimum of 16-17 on highway trips 24-26), better resale value. If your budget permits go for the Diesel.
Old 13th April 2018, 17:27   #2350
BHPian

Hi,
I have been searching this thread to find out whether the Ciaz(top variant) has auto folding ORVM, but couldn't trace any posts. Will the mirrors auto-fold/open when i lock/un-lock the car respectively using the key-fob?
My friend's car doesn't seem to have this function, but he says it can be configured in the MID.
Old 17th April 2018, 22:37   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Hi,
I have been searching this thread to find out whether the Ciaz(top variant) has auto folding ORVM, but couldn't trace any posts. Will the mirrors auto-fold/open when i lock/un-lock the car respectively using the key-fob?
My friend's car doesn't seem to have this function, but he says it can be configured in the MID.
As far as I know, none of the maruti cars have this feature, like hyundai does. However, you can do that by one touch of a button provided on the driver side door.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 23:11   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Hi,

Feature not available - and can't be configured through MID as well.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 19:49   #2353
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, what upgrades / accessories do you suggest for a SH Zeta diesel ?

Friend is getting his car next week. He has asked to upgrade the HU to the one on the top end.
Old 19th April 2018, 20:15   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Folks, what upgrades / accessories do you suggest for a SH Zeta diesel ?

Friend is getting his car next week. He has asked to upgrade the HU to the one on the top end.
Zeta comes fully loaded. Avoid Maruti's basic accessories kit. You will need Foot mats , trunk mat, cleaning products, door and bumper protectors.

Stock headlights and fog lamps are adequate.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 20:44   #2355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Stock headlights and fog lamps are adequate.
Thanks ! Wanted to ask this part too.

Btw, how are the stock speakers ?

We are avoding the basic stuff, but the mats - yes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks