Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2018, 12:53   #2386
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Today morning I noticed that the tow cover in the front bumper of my Ciaz was missing. It was loosely fitted after a hit couple of days back and probably fell off somewhere on the road. Does any one have a idea if this is available as a separate part in Maruti ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz-bumper.jpg  

Old 26th August 2018, 20:13   #2387
AKB
BHPian

Need an input from the community here. I have a 2016 VXI+ that has done only 12000 till date. My job requires extensive travel every week to other cities, don't expect the usage to increase. Wanted to check if it will be worthwhile to retain the car? I have another car which is a Baleno AT and serves well in city. Also any estimate on what price I can get?
Old 24th September 2018, 11:32   #2388
BHPian

Been facing a strange issue with my Ciaz auto (2017). Switched on the car this morning and after the usual warm up for about 10 minutes, disengaged the handbrake and slotted the lever to D mode and there! the car just wouldn't move! tried 2 and L but still the vehicle wouldn't move. Tried easing out the brakes a bit (as I parked the car after a thorough wash yesterday and hadn't driven it since) and then moved the lever to D again and then the car slowly crept forward. This is the second time I am encountering this issue. The first time this happened, the vehicle did move but with a slight 'thung' sound. Not sure where this came from.

Could it be that due to moisture the brakes did not free up properly and needed some action? or should I worry about any transmission issues?
Old 24th September 2018, 11:40   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrust View Post
Today morning I noticed that the tow cover in the front bumper of my Ciaz was missing. It was loosely fitted after a hit couple of days back and probably fell off somewhere on the road. Does any one have a idea if this is available as a separate part in Maruti ?
Yes , it is available. But I think you would have to get that painted as per car color.

Check these >

http://oriparts.com/7/50/2990/785571#item_15010626

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-cap_...umper-6783305/

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-temp.jpg
Old 24th September 2018, 11:42   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Been facing a strange issue with my Ciaz auto (2017). This is the second time I am encountering this issue. The first time this happened, the vehicle did move but with a slight 'thung' sound. Not sure where this came from.

Could it be that due to moisture the brakes did not free up properly and needed some action? or should I worry about any transmission issues?
Its normal - don't worry. This "thung" sound comes up in my manual version as well - if I wash it well, and it stays there for couple of days after water has dried up on the wheels/brakes/caliper pin assembly etc.
Old 25th September 2018, 16:33   #2391

Hello Fellow BHPians,

I am a new member to this wonderful group of enthusiasts.

Wanted to have some expert opinion on an issue I have recently started facing on my two year old Ciaz Zdi+. I have clocked close to 65k kms and have always been satisfied with the mileage (22+) on 85% city and 15% highway driving. I am a pretty sedate driver and don't push my car unnecessarily. Since last 2000 kms or so, I am observing a decline in the mileage and its now ~19. My driving style or road conditions have not changed.
Speaking to MASS has not helped either. They do not know what can be wrong and have no suggestions.

I have even tried driving my friend's car of same make and I am able to get 22+ with a tank to tank mileage reading.
Has anyone experienced it or have some suggestions that I can use?
Old 25th September 2018, 17:03   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhail View Post
Hello Fellow BHPians,

I am a new member to this wonderful group of enthusiasts.

Wanted to have some expert opinion on an issue I have recently started facing on my two year old Ciaz Zdi+. I have clocked close to 65k kms and have always been satisfied with the mileage (22+) on 85% city and 15% highway driving. I am a pretty sedate driver and don't push my car unnecessarily. Since last 2000 kms or so, I am observing a decline in the mileage and its now ~19. My driving style or road conditions have not changed.
Speaking to MASS has not helped either. They do not know what can be wrong and have no suggestions.

I have even tried driving my friend's car of same make and I am able to get 22+ with a tank to tank mileage reading.
Has anyone experienced it or have some suggestions that I can use?
Hi @Suhail

Is your car battery &/or tyres stock. If yes, you need to change these or either.

BTW the traffic in Delhi NCR is getting worst these days, with unruly 2-wheeler riders to blame to a large extent. This could also be reason - you are not getting space to get your car engine run freely (~ optimally).

Hope it helps

BTW 22kmpl for a Diesel & that too when you are sedate driver is 5-10% low (Ciaz is rated for 28+ kmpl). My Aspire gives me 21 kmpl on similar pattern with 50% AC, the only difference is that I'm not a sedate driver & often leave behind boy racers struggling in black smoke .
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 18:02   #2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @Suhail
======
BTW 22kmpl for a Diesel & that too when you are sedate driver is 5-10% low (Ciaz is rated for 28+ kmpl). My Aspire gives me 21 kmpl on similar pattern with 50% AC, the only difference is that I'm not a sedate driver & often leave behind boy racers struggling in black smoke .

Thanks CARDEEP.

Got the tyres replaced after 60k mark. I will get the battery checked to see if its nearing end.
I agree with you that 22kmpl is bit low for Ciaz. It has achieved 24+ too, but it has not been the story with every tank fill, that's why I mentioned 22.
Old 25th September 2018, 19:15   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Yes , it is available. But I think you would have to get that painted as per car color.

Check these >

http://oriparts.com/7/50/2990/785571#item_15010626

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-cap_...umper-6783305/

Attachment 1801469
Thanks for the information. Yes, you are right and it's available at the Service centre . You get it in default black colour and they charge close to Rs 800 for getting it painted as per car colour.
Old 26th September 2018, 00:22   #2395
BHPian

Warning light indicating low battery in remote (key) started to appear in my car for both keys. How long did the battery last in your case fellow members? My car will be completing 3 years only in Jan.

What's the best option for replacement battery? I'm assuming that price at service centers will be higher and may even charge for replacing it. Please let me know if you have any good reviews on any of the cr2032 batteries available in Amazon/Flipkart.
Old 27th September 2018, 16:00   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Warning light indicating low battery in remote (key) started to appear in my car for both keys. How long did the battery last in your case fellow members? My car will be completing 3 years only in Jan.

What's the best option for replacement battery? I'm assuming that price at service centers will be higher and may even charge for replacing it. Please let me know if you have any good reviews on any of the cr2032 batteries available in Amazon/Flipkart.
Costed 100rs & original battery lasted for 27 months.
(majorly depends on usage )

Check post # 203 here > https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...onship-14.html
Old 1st October 2018, 00:57   #2397
BHPian

Just a quick question.
Has anyone replaced or tried to replace the old Ciaz's headlamps with the facelifted one's or has inquired about the price of the headlamp assembly of the new Ciaz and can it be installed on the old one or not?
Old 22nd October 2018, 13:07   #2398
BANNED

I had a 400 kms drive in a pre-facelifted Maruti Ciaz zxi+ which is having the 1.4L petrol engine. The engine has good drivability at lower rpms compared to i-vtec engine, and the ride was rather plush at the back seat. But but but, the drive was extremely boring. The suspension is on the softer side and body roll was prominent. Chucking into corners at comparatively high speeds induces body roll, emergency braking induces nose dive in an uncomfortable manner. I did not felt safe at speeds higher than 70kmph, and the rear felt too much bouncy. The interiors felt no different from other Maruti cars in the lower price bracket. My brother also had the same observations, he drives a swift petrol. I always had complaints about the ride quality of my Honda City due to the stiff suspension, but I am a changed man now. Ciaz is good if I want a plush and lazy journey, but a big no if I want to drive.

The whole drive was done on Kerala roads. The highways here are having lots of twists and turns, mostly single laned. So the above observations are strictly based on these conditions and strictly based on my personal preferences.
Old 22nd October 2018, 13:07   #2399
BHPian

After my third free service (2017, Ciaz Auto), have been experiencing strong vibration in the vehicle post 80 KMPH. The vibrations are so evident that even rear passengers started to take notice of it last evening. I strongly suspect the wheel balancing is incorrect or is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Vehicle was super smooth prior to the service.
Old 22nd October 2018, 16:26   #2400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
After my third free service (2017, Ciaz Auto), have been experiencing strong vibration in the vehicle post 80 KMPH. The vibrations are so evident that even rear passengers started to take notice of it last evening. I strongly suspect the wheel balancing is incorrect or is there anything else I should be concerned about?
Wheel balancing is the first thing that comes to mind. But for safety's sake, do check if all wheels are tightened properly, if they were taken off at all. Were the tires rotated during the service?

In case wheel balancing was done at the MASS, do get it done properly at a good independent tire shop. They handle stuff like balancing and alignment much better than the ASCs.

Regards,
Saket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks