Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2019, 17:14   #2431

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Any suggestions on a good headlight upgrade for Ciaz? Low beam throw is less than satisfactory. Have tried HID and bulb upgrades, however I still am not satisfied with the results. At times, I actually like the headlights (low beam) of cars like Wagon R and Swift with stock setup.
Old 28th July 2019, 13:21   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhail View Post
Any suggestions on a good headlight upgrade for Ciaz? Low beam throw is less than satisfactory. Have tried HID and bulb upgrades, however I still am not satisfied with the results. At times, I actually like the headlights (low beam) of cars like Wagon R and Swift with stock setup.
I am really tired of the headlights myself. Driving in the rain is a pain. Updated the fogs to micro xp projectors but again they have shitty after sales and i will not recommend buying.
gargashwin06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 14:11   #2433

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
I am really tired of the headlights myself. Driving in the rain is a pain. Updated the fogs to micro xp projectors but again they have shitty after sales and i will not recommend buying.

I agree and share the pain. Ironically, MASS and even the local mechanics do not have any solution to the problem. Looks like this issue can only be resolved if you change your car.
Old 30th July 2019, 11:44   #2434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhail View Post
I agree and share the pain. Ironically, MASS and even the local mechanics do not have any solution to the problem. Looks like this issue can only be resolved if you change your car.
Actually its not just the headlamps and their power. The seating position plays a big part. In cars like Ciaz you sit very low in relation to the ground & thus the forward visibility is impacted. It gets compounded further since the lights are also lower and the light from the oncoming traffic blinds you further adding rock-salt to the injury.

Its one of the key reasons why compact SUVs with higher seating position are suddenly selling more than sedans. They serve this vital purpose of visibility on poor & unsafe Indian roads.

Last edited by ampere : 31st July 2019 at 10:09. Reason: typo fixed
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 08:53   #2435
BHPian

Thats a good observation @Reinhard. Its not the lights being weaker, its the driving position which changes the perspective of the lights. That said, no stock lights are strong enough for the morons on the road.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 11:53   #2436
Distinguished - BHPian

For the first Generation Ciaz that came equipped with Halogen bulbs with Projectors, I had successfully upgraded the headlights of one of my friend's car to HID with a conversion Kit from Osram.

Product Link as on today : OSRAM H7 HID 4300K

I went ahead for this based on recommendation from Bhpian speedsatya who had a Ciaz then and was a regular on ghats at nights under rains and fogs that he confirmed this as a good investment for better lighting. To me, that was a reliable use case than anyone else due to the driving destinations.

This was completely a DIY with the right tools including drill bits to make bigger holes to accommodate these bulbs. The final out come was more than satisfactory.

LHS - Stock Bulbs : RHS - Osram HID Kit:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20180930_175119.jpg

Few images taken on road under complete darkness and low beams only:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20181002_192726.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20181002_192757.jpg

How clean is the installation:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20181002_185801.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20181002_185819.jpg

Post this set-up, we have done quite a few drives through the night and in rains and must say that the lighting has improved by a huge margin that you may not really require high beams for normal driving unless you want to flash and assess or indicate.

Last edited by paragsachania : 31st July 2019 at 11:58.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 14:18   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For the first Generation Ciaz that came equipped with Halogen bulbs with Projectors, I had successfully upgraded the headlights of one of my friend's car to HID with a conversion Kit from Osram.

I went ahead for this based on recommendation from Bhpian speedsatya who had a Ciaz then and was a regular on ghats at nights under rains and fogs that he confirmed this as a good investment for better lighting. To me, that was a reliable use case than anyone else due to the driving destinations.

This was completely a DIY with the right tools including drill bits to make bigger holes to accommodate these bulbs. The final out come was more than satisfactory.

LHS - Stock Bulbs : RHS - Osram HID Kit:
Attachment 1900884

Few images taken on road under complete darkness and low beams only:
Attachment 1900887
Attachment 1900888

How clean is the installation:
Attachment 1900885
Attachment 1900886

Post this set-up, we have done quite a few drives through the night and in rains and must say that the lighting has improved by a huge margin that you may not really require high beams for normal driving unless you want to flash and assess or indicate.
lot of car accessories shop have recommended these to me. output looks good can you share the diy steps if any ?
Old 6th August 2019, 14:32   #2438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
lot of car accessories shop have recommended these to me. output looks good can you share the diy steps if any ?
You will have to follow the instructions in the manual. It is plug and play along with proper brackets to hold the ballasts.

You will also have to drill circular holes on the dust caps of the headlights to pass the bulbs and later plug it with the rubber cap as seen in the images above.

For the right hand side bulb, during the DIY, we ran into a problem where the headlamp clip would not easily lock in place after the HID bulb was placed there, reason being the additional protrusion of the HID bulb base that prevented it from locking in place.

We then had to remove the right hand side headlight assembly and to be able to do that we also had to remove the bumper fully because one of the bolts that secures the headlamp assembly is behind the bumper.

My advice is to visit a professional installer than DIY this due to laborious issues that you may run into like we did. If you ignore the headlamp removal part, this DIY otherwise is absolutely straightforward.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 02:14   #2439
BHPian

Does anyone know the part number of the boot lid liner. The boot lid looks naked without it. Not sure if the current models have it factory fitted, but my 2017 car does not. Is something available off the shelf at maruti Suzuki or will it need a DIY to have a liner installed? Any leads are appreciated.
Old 20th August 2019, 17:28   #2440
BHPian

Hi ,

My 2015 Ciaz Zxi steering has been giving me trouble since it crossed 10k kms...Initially the steering felt light. Gradually it started becoming heavier and the auto centering is pathetic..whatever be the speed, it does not come back to the exact centre. During highway drives it is really frustrating as you have to keep on guiding the steering hard to keep it balanced.
I read all the posts related to the steering issues and would like to know if anything can be done about this issue as it is a real pain to the arm and every Maruti service centre I went said that's how the vehicle is and nothing can be done about it. Apparently, all the new Maruti steerings are the same. I'm almost on the verge of selling the car as it's very difficult because of the centering issue .
chembilath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 08:19   #2441
BHPian

Maruti has sent out a circular to replace the assembly for vehicles which are facing this issue. Contact your service center and they should replace it. If not, raise a complaint to Maruti and they'll take care of it.
krish3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 13:19   #2442
BHPian

Thank you, will surely check with my service center.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:27   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chembilath View Post
Thank you, will surely check with my service center.
Have you compared it with another Ciaz..?
And heavy steering is very subjective, for instance if I compare my Ciaz with just purchased Swift, then it's very heavy. If I compare Ciaz with my old SX4, then it's light.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:35   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Have you compared it with another Ciaz..?
And heavy steering is very subjective, for instance if I compare my Ciaz with just purchased Swift, then it's very heavy. If I compare Ciaz with my old SX4, then it's light.
Yes, my service centre gave me TD for two other petrol and Diesel CIAZ which had clocked 10k and 40k kms respectively and I found the steering in both vehicles to be equally difficult. Even if the acceleration is high, exact centering does not happen.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:38   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

When I check in Amazon, its says this is not compatible with Ciaz, does fitment require a lot of wire plumbing? Just curious to know if its a reliable fitment.

Most Viewed