Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:28   #2491
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

I am looking forward to replace my stock GoodYear 185/65/R15 tires. As Michelins are doubtful now, need recommendations for alternatives.

I have shortlisted following tiers:
  • Bridgestone : B250 @ Rs. 5,485
  • Bridgestone : B290 @ Rs. 5,780
  • Continental : UC6 @ Rs. 5,885

Looking forward to have a feedback on above alternatives + Good tire shops in Gurugram.
Aniket Verma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:39   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post
I am looking forward to replace my stock GoodYear 185/65/R15 tires.

Looking forward to have a feedback on above alternatives + Good tire shops in Gurugram.
Go for Continental from Keshav Tyre , Gurgaon.

Refer my thread here for Tyre related post #263, I changed mine in Dec end 2020.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...000-km-18.html
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 16:57   #2493
BHPian

Hi. I have been experiencing "khad khad" sound from the front sides of my Ciaz diesel especially on concrete roads. My SA says that this comes from the pin on the calipers on each side of wheels. They do some greasing but it resurfaces after 1000 kms. Any advise from anyone facing a similar problem. Thanks in advance.
Old 11th March 2021, 17:08   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Hi. I have been experiencing "khad khad" sound from the front sides of my Ciaz diesel especially on concrete roads. My SA says that this comes from the pin on the calipers on each side of wheels. They do some greasing but it resurfaces after 1000 kms. Any advise from anyone facing a similar problem. Thanks in advance.
Looks similar to what I faced, resulting in complete replacement of disk pad + cover and whole brake section.
If you go through the whole ownership thread, you'll find that I had replaced caliper multiple times, and in the end MASS replaced the whole block free of cost within warranty.

Check out here -

Post 92
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...-000-km-7.html

Post 216
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...000-km-15.html

Last edited by ptaneja : 11th March 2021 at 17:12.
Old 14th March 2021, 12:32   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
I believe you would end up replacing the disks and the brake pads. I just completed the 4th year service for my Ciaz. Had a similar issue. Ended up replacing the disks and all the four brake pads. Cost me around 5K including GST (Nexa service).

Needless to say the the quality of these parts (the ones that came with the new car) are sub-par. I give adequate importance to my car's maintenance. I have never braked hard nor used hard water unnecessarily to clean the tyres. Was surprised to see the amount of rust the disks had accumulated. My nearly 8 year old Grand i10 never had these kind of issues.
thiagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:15   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Got the rogerabs fitted today and I feel like driving a totally different car.

No more wallowing, no more rear sagging, no more ping pong on undulations. It drives like a European now.

Would update more after I test with full load on the highway.

Attachment 1819938
Below is the long term update on these spring buffers. (Rogerabs)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5025068 (Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?)
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 19:31   #2497
Distinguished - BHPian

Interested in knowing more details about the recall. Anyone here have any updates?
Details here - https://www.marutisuzuki.com/importa...N83d62fDWVle5Y
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by procrj : 24th March 2021 at 19:33.
Old 24th March 2021, 19:43   #2498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We A-Star owners also face this periodic khat khat noise by the way. My FNG mechanic gave the pin to a lathe and the car didn't emit sounds for a 1000 Km. It's right back at it again. Greasing is another option that A-Star owners go in for and it comes right back again then too.
Old 24th March 2021, 21:49   #2499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
We A-Star owners also face this periodic khat khat noise by the way.
It is a Maruti Suzuki trait exhibited across their product line since more than 2 decades .

Quote:
My FNG mechanic gave the pin to a lathe and the car didn't emit sounds for a 1000 Km. It's right back at it again.
The Lathe idea is temporary fix but it literally fixes the caliper pin into the caliper assembly in such a way that whatever limited play the caliper needs to have is gone resulting in issues with braking later. This is definitely not the recommended approach and best is to replace the caliper pins with a new set and stick to batter caliper grease like this one.

Quote:
Greasing is another option that A-Star owners go in for and it comes right back again then too.
Greasing it right and greasing it with the right grease. The MGP caliper pin grease though good doesn't last long.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 19:11   #2500
BHPian

Amazing review! This review made me decide and go for a Ciaz way back in 2017. I was not a TeamBhp member back then. Had settled down with a Ciaz Alpha in early 2017 (pre-facelift). The car has never let me down. Very reliable and involved minimal maintenance. Very disciplined, but definitely not fun to drive. No regrets overall though. I have done serious speeds on the highways and never felt nervous. It is just that one ends up working the engine to get to serious speeds.

Thank you again for the amazing review. 5 stars.
thiagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 19:45   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it seems like the sound is related to brake caliper pins as already mentioned. I had experienced it multiple times in our Dzire and Alto. I believe it is a common trait in Maruti cars. Caliper pin greasing is probably the best and cost effective solution. Once the brake pads start wearing out, the problem surfaces more frequently. I believe it is due to increased gap between the brake pads and disc which in turn increases the play ever so slighty. The moment the worn out brake pads are replaced, you will notice the issue remains elusive for a comparatively longer periods of time. Eventually caliper pins might need replacement depending on the wear and tear.

Last edited by Emvi : 11th April 2021 at 19:51.
Old 11th April 2021, 23:01   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagar View Post
Amazing review! This review made me decide and go for a Ciaz way back in 2017. I was not a TeamBhp member back then. Had settled down with a Ciaz Alpha in early 2017 (pre-facelift). The car has never let me down. Very reliable and involved minimal maintenance. Very disciplined, but definitely not fun to drive. No regrets overall though. I have done serious speeds on the highways and never felt nervous. It is just that one ends up working the engine to get to serious speeds.

Thank you again for the amazing review. 5 stars.
I also bought a Ciaz 1.3D Alpha Hybrid in April 2017 and feel exactly the same.
Only 24k done till now but never let me down once and not a single thing went wrong. It has given spectacular mileage(26-27km/l+ on highway trips) and is great at cruising but not fun to drive at all. I feel its was a good decision and I'm happy I didn't go overboard with an entry level Octavia or discontinued stock Jetta.

Last edited by Foxbat : 11th April 2021 at 23:02.
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 22:17   #2503
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Can someone pls confirm the charges attached are reasonable enough for Ciaz Diesel 60k servicing ?

I have picked up the following from manual and looking at service records at 40/50k servicing.

*Replace :*
Water Pump Drive
Engine Oil + Oil Filter + Drain plug
Engine Coolent
Fuel Filter and Water Draining
Clutch Fluid
Brake Fluid
AC Filter

*Cleaning :*
Brake pads + Drums ( no caliper cleaning )
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve
Condensor with low pressure wash
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20210714wa0015.jpg  

Old 14th July 2021, 22:32   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve
This shouldn't be charged extra. 30/60/90k PMS charges are inclusive of EGR.
Old 14th July 2021, 22:33   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
This shouldn't be charged extra. 30/60/90k PMS charges are inclusive of EGR.
Where can I find this artifact to counter them ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks