Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2021, 11:04   #2521
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Getting kind of bored with my 2015 Ciaz....recommend some cheap mods to keep it entertained ?

I will be probably going for following in Jan/Feb -
(All the below are installed since 2015 - no issues with them yet)
1. New Seat Covers
2. Replace Steering Wheel Leather Cover
3. Foot Mats

I was inclined with front bumpers + headlights to match with newer facelift, but being Diesel and NCR/10 year Law, I am not sure for how much longer I can keep this. Should I sell it off now with 3.5 years left, or wait till 10 years and then try selling it off in neighbourhood states.
Old 10th February 2022, 11:55   #2522
BHPian

After 4 years and 10 months the battery of my 2017 1.3 Diesel Alpha Hybrid seems to have become weak and the auto-start-stop light constantly flashes and the function does not work. Apart from that everything is working as normal (car starts on the first try despite single digit temperatures).

Does it make sense to replace the battery now or wait some time? What are my options to replace the battery? should I get an exact replacement (same brand and models as it lasted almost 5 years).
Old 13th February 2022, 12:17   #2523
BHPian

The OEM amaron battery in my 2014 model ciaz zdi lasted 7 years.I replaced it half-heartedly to avoid an unexpected breakdown.little fellow was still cranking with a little bit of hesitation. It was an amazing experience.
Passiondrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 13:08   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
After 4 years and 10 months the battery of my 2017 1.3 Diesel Alpha Hybrid seems to have become weak and the auto-start-stop light constantly flashes and the function does not work. Apart from that everything is working as normal (car starts on the first try despite single digit temperatures).
Hi, I'm facing the same issue in my 2018 Petrol MT (facelifted version) since the last fortnight. Initially, I thought it's the usual rat menace with wiring going kaput, but a quick visit to our trusted FNG confirmed wiring is intact. Couldn't check on the battery health, since he didn't have a working battery health checkup machine.
Name:  WhatsApp Video 20220225 at 12.17.25.gif
Views: 2161
Size:  2.52 MB

All other parameters and functions are normal - audio/AC/1-shelf start etc. I also see the Hybrid Battery being charged when the car is in motion. All of these do point towards the OEM battery becoming weak, will still investigate more on this when I visit MASS over the weekend.

Quote:
Does it make sense to replace the battery now or wait some time? What are my options to replace the battery? should I get an exact replacement (same brand and models as it lasted almost 5 years).
During my most recent periodic service in January '22, our SA did hint me on the OEM battery gradually becoming weak, and his battery checkup slip rated current health at 40%. Though I'm yet to confirm his suggestion, I think it's the battery that's causing the issue we're facing.

If that's so, it bothers me to know that the OEM battery lasted just over 3 years and 3 months, with the ODO reading at 27K!

Are we getting something wrong here, or that's the usual life of these conventional batteries, or the Hybrid setup somehow sucks more from the conventional battery to power itself?
Old 1st March 2022, 21:10   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
Hi, I'm facing the same issue in my 2018 Petrol MT (facelifted version) since the last fortnight. Initially, I thought it's the usual rat menace with wiring going kaput, but a quick visit to our trusted FNG confirmed wiring is intact. Couldn't check on the battery health, since he didn't have a working battery health checkup machine.
Attachment 2279200

All other parameters and functions are normal - audio/AC/1-shelf start etc. I also see the Hybrid Battery being charged when the car is in motion. All of these do point towards the OEM battery becoming weak, will still investigate more on this when I visit MASS over the weekend.

During my most recent periodic service in January '22, our SA did hint me on the OEM battery gradually becoming weak, and his battery checkup slip rated current health at 40%. Though I'm yet to confirm his suggestion, I think it's the battery that's causing the issue we're facing.

If that's so, it bothers me to know that the OEM battery lasted just over 3 years and 3 months, with the ODO reading at 27K!

Are we getting something wrong here, or that's the usual life of these conventional batteries, or the Hybrid setup somehow sucks more from the conventional battery to power itself?
I got the battery replaced with the same exact model of Exide for Rs.7000 after exchange.
The original battery lasted about 4 years and 10 months and about 27,000 km before the start-stop feature stopped working. However mine was a Diesel not sure if the petrol has the same battery.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-pxl_20220210_120952197.jpg
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:06   #2526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post

Your car battery is already inching close to 5 year mark. Time to replace it and do not take chances as the batteries now a days may die suddenly without any warning, leaving you stranded. I recommend Amaron, take as much warranty (they have multiple options from 2 to 5+ years) as your budget permits. Found them to be very long lasting but if any issue, their replacement /pro-rata warranty comes in handy.
Old 10th April 2022, 20:26   #2527
BHPian

I own a 13 month old Ciaz Alpha AT with 12k km on the odo. I don't use it very frequently but make sure that the engine runs at least 10 mins for every one week of it being stationary and take it on a drive if the stationary period extends to two week. On 1st April 2021 I drove it for a nice 85 kms with no problems with the battery whatsoever and no visible signs of it being weak. On 5th april, when I was taking it out, the car refused to turn on and started behaving rather weird. The MID started giving messages like "clean parking sensor", "Service ESP system", the gear position indicator was showing nothing but a hyphen, and every time i pressed the brakes the lights in the instrument panel went out. When I switched the ignition switch to off and pressed the brake pedal the mid displayed "shift to park and push to start" even when the car was already in park. The interior lights were flickering and within minutes after me struggling with the car, it refused to get locked, though the alarm was getting armed and buzzing just fine. Checked all the fuses and inspected the wrings, everything was fine. Finally I narrowed it down to a weak battery and asked for assistance from my neighbor and tried jump starting it with another battery and viola, it comes to life instantly. Contined to observed it daily and the battery worked just fine so decided to give a three day gap and today the battery is completely dead. Even the central locking isn't working.

I would have expected the battery to go weak if the car had stayed put for a long period of time, but that wasn't the case. The battery showed no signs of weakness and was working absolutely fine before. As the car gets parked in stilt under shade I didn't miss anything that might have left turned on which would have drained the battery.

My fellow bhpians please throw some light on what could have gone wrong.

PS: The battery wasn't dry, checked the electrolyte level, I don't use any accessory apart from windtone horns which were replaced months ago.
HEMIOrange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 15:05   #2528
BHPian

With Ertiga/XL6 getting 6AT, it is clear that s-cross will also get the similar updates with it's next iteration. Wondering why there is no news of those updates flowing into Ciaz! How can MSIL justify premium nexa sedan having 2 decades old 4AT?
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 12:43   #2529
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIOrange View Post

PS: The battery wasn't dry, checked the electrolyte level, I don't use any accessory apart from windtone horns which were replaced months ago.
Detach the security system and check for drain. The sensors might be draining a bit more than their usual.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 16:17   #2530
BHPian

I recently ran my Ritz battery flat after leaving my cabin light on. Is there something switched on in a location that you may not notice immediately? I know that cars like Brezza have a manually activated boot light. If it's turned on and you close your boot, you'll never know about it. Does Ciaz have one of those?

Quote:
I would have expected the battery to go weak if the car had stayed put for a long period of time, but that wasn't the case. The battery showed no signs of weakness and was working absolutely fine before. As the car gets parked in stilt under shade I didn't miss anything that might have left turned on which would have drained the battery.
SlowRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 16:33   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Detach the security system and check for drain. The sensors might be draining a bit more than their usual.
I also thought of it but it turned out to something very rudimentary.
Old 5th May 2022, 16:35   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
I recently ran my Ritz battery flat after leaving my cabin light on. Is there something switched on in a location that you may not notice immediately? I know that cars like Brezza have a manually activated boot light. If it's turned on and you close your boot, you'll never know about it. Does Ciaz have one of those?
Cabin lights were off and the lamp in the boot is automatic. I got it checked at A.S.S and they had a pretty hilarious way of checking it for fault.
Old 5th May 2022, 17:03   #2533
BHPian

Quote:

Sit Rep : I told my father about it and he asked me to get it boost charged (he has an engineering degree in electronics) at 14V, it might be the case that the battery may have just lost it juice, but since the car had already done a 100km trip 2-3 days back, I was pretty sure that it wasn't the case. Since the battery was dead, I unhooked it and took it to A.S.S and ask them to charge it and left it with them for 6 hours. They asked me not to put the battery in the car till next morning and get the car to the service station the next day. Since it was a small service center I took it to KTL Kanpur and told them all about my problem.
Their first doubt was a weak battery and thus cranked the car several times, but the battery didn't show any signs of weakness. The voltage under load and float were within limits.

I then asked to check for any parasitic load, and still nothing unusual was found. They even shoved a man in the boot and asked him to check if the boot lamp stays on when it is shut closed, no anomalies there.

They then concluded that the battery might be faulty and asked me to either leave the car or battery, for which I didn't consent, so they arranged for a battery pickup from my home and which they would be testing and replacing under warranty if any issues are detected.

Next day I had to go to Delhi and my return was after 4 days, so I decided to take a chance and rescheduled the pickup after my return. Came back and even before entering home I checked the car for a blinking red light of security system and to my surprise it was there, yup it mended on its own.
For me it was
Attached Images

Old 6th May 2022, 10:17   #2534
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I own a 13 month old Ciaz Alpha AT with 12k km on the odo. I don't use it very frequently but make sure that the engine runs at least 10 mins for every one week of it being stationary and take it on a drive if the stationary period extends to two week. On 1st April 2021 I drove it for a nice 85 kms with no problems with the battery whatsoever and no visible signs of it being weak. On 5th april, when I was taking it out, the car refused to turn on and started behaving rather weird. The MID started giving messages like "clean parking sensor", "Service ESP system", the gear position indicator was showing nothing but a hyphen, and every time i pressed the brakes the lights in the instrument panel went out. When I switched the ignition switch to off and pressed the brake pedal the mid displayed "shift to park and push to start" even when the car was already in park. The interior lights were flickering and within minutes after me struggling with the car, it refused to get locked, though the alarm was getting armed and buzzing just fine. Checked all the fuses and inspected the wrings, everything was fine. Finally I narrowed it down to a weak battery and asked for assistance from my neighbor and tried jump starting it with another battery and viola, it comes to life instantly. Contined to observed it daily and the battery worked just fine so decided to give a three day gap and today the battery is completely dead. Even the central locking isn't working.

My fellow bhpians please throw some light on what could have gone wrong.

I had a very similar situation with my 08 civic. After 2 days it wouldn't start. I traced it down to the power window master switch which was not oem. After replacing it with oem switches it's working just fine.
josephilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:48   #2535

I have a 2016 ciaz that was kept in idle for 2 years between 2017-2019 for some reasons. However even after being kept without use for majority of this time, it's battery didn't behave drastically the way yours is doing.

I think this is abnormal and you should get your car checked.
yuvrajsnarang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks