Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 13:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Excellent review. Since the D engine is the same as the Ertiga, it is very tunable, and aftermarket chips/ remaps will really make it come alive. Further with Marutis sales and support backing the product, it could make a deep impact (not dent) in the numbers of the competition. Looking forward to my own TD of this car in the next few days now.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:49   #17
BHPian

I am in love with the Ciaz!

Though I am satisfied with my ertiga, but with a tsunami of features at the same price, I feel robbed! Amazing car at an amazing price. I can already feel the heat it will generate in the market.With ACC, floor lighting, satnav and automatic tran., all under Rs.11 lacs(approx on road), its a steal! Although the engine is the same 1.3L diesel,( I wish it would have been a newer and powerful one), but its a tried and tested one and is backed up by Maruti's reliability. Could possibly become one of Maruti's bestseller soon.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:49   #18
BANNED

As a prospective buyer for the VXi+, with one of the earlier bookings, my current thought process tells me to wait till after Diwali in Delhi/NCR to pay for an pick up my car, and see how I can achieve a better deal. Thank you for a great review now to wait for reactions from the other manufacturers as well as feedback from dealers in the new car and resale market, as well as the fleet operators.

What's interesting to point out is that the booking, which is not in my name so it has not probably been "rumbled", has not elicited even a single call or contact from the dealer or the manufacturer as yet. Nor do I see a crowd of window shoppers at the Maruti dealership near my office.

Great review, thanks - though the "non-folding rear seat" has me worried. Comes down to the ropes, I am going to figure out what I want - the absolute top end Swift or the VXi Ciaz? (For those airport trips, a Versa will do very fine with the money saved, then??)
Old 6th October 2014, 13:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Am I the only one who is missing the petrol engine's review?
And a fantastic review for the new Maruti in the block. Definitely feels like a very different Maruti. The build quality looks excellent for the price in the pictures.

Though little disappointed that it lacks the stability control feature even in the top variant. Maruti could have provided the option at least in the top variant as they could have played with the price for the ZXI+/ZDI+.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 13:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think the Diesel versions are overpriced for the simple reason, there is not enough pep for the buck. I would at max pay 10 to 10.5 lakhs on road for a ZDI.

This surely deserved a 105 or 120 bhp version for the pricing they have come out with

Excellent review as always guys. A well deserved 5 star rating.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 13:54   #21
BHPian

First of all, a great Review with all details.

To me, Maruti has got it right. It seems like an excellent value for money car in that segment for a regular Indian Car buyer. i.e., non enthusiasts. Big space, Big Car, Decent styling, Fuel efficiency and above all, Maruti Service, if one does not care about thrills, power and stuff like that, this is the car for them.

Swami

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2014 at 18:44. Reason: Typos
Old 6th October 2014, 13:54   #22
BHPian

Its not very encouraging to see that Maruti is also infected with blatant cost cutting techniques and pushes out things just assuming the customers will go for it.

The Drivers footwell - dont know how much of a cost has been saved by cutting the floor carpet by a foot. But it does look like a shoddy patchwork job.
Same goes for the Boot - no cladding on the inside of the boot lid is almost like having Hush Puppies shoes - but no soles in it
GJ01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 13:57   #23
BHPian

There is no mention of petrol engine specs in the review... Please update.

Pricing is excellent, styling is pretty good. Overall very good package... But could have used 1.6l engine instead of 1.4l. Unfortunately our market is after mileage than performance
Old 6th October 2014, 13:59   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Am I the only one who is missing the petrol engine's review?
And a fantastic review for the new Maruti in the block. Definitely feels like a very different Maruti. The build quality looks excellent for the price in the pictures.

Though little disappointed that it lacks the stability control feature even in the top variant. Maruti could have provided the option at least in the top variant as they could have played with the price for the ZXI+/ZDI+.
I guess the review is still being uploaded, as some pics are still not opening completely. Plus comparo with direct rivals is also missing.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th October 2014 at 14:05.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Pricing of the Ciaz is not very extra ordinary. I'm sure by Jan 2015 or by the end of Honey moon period, they would be offering atleast 30-40k discount, then it would be reasonable to consider. Right now its thumbs down from me.
Dear Amit

Exactly my point though a Rs. 30K discount by Jan 2015 seems highly improbable.

Maruti certainly seems to have a winner on hand and if everything goes as planned, Ciaz can look at nos. of close to 5K per month.

@Aditya

Very well written review but to be honest, missed a couple of details:

1) The very informative smaller but significant details
2) Pros and cons with direct competition
3) Other points

The depth of GTOs Honda City's Official Review was missing!!

Link here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html
Rating it 4 stars for your superlative efforts!!

Last edited by GTO : 8th October 2014 at 15:52. Reason: Merging back to back posts
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:04   #26
BHPian

I like the Ciaz's looks. The only spoiler being the City-like rear. So very similar.

I was expecting the Ciaz to be atleast somewhat satisfying to the enthusiast's taste, but that remains a dream. We can't get the best of both worlds (Maruti tag + good performance), can we?

As humyum has stated, I'd have loved to see a 110-120 bhp engine being offered atleast as an option, for the not so "kitna deti hain" minded public. With that we would have been looking at a 11 lac rupee Kizashi!

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 6th October 2014 at 14:07.
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

The SX4 is replaced, and how!

Here is a car that has more than enough power to get the job done, looks bold, dominating, and add to it the road presence.

Spot-on-pricing. Two very efficient motors as well. Oh, how can I forget 'em projectors?

Does anyone really require anything more?

Say hello to the segment leader. The tagline "Men are back!" might've not worked with the SX4, but, it should surely work well with the Ciaz.

Honestly, this car is a steal at a sub 10 lakh price. Sat-Nav and the works! However, typical Maruti traits such as the the car being ductile, reeking of cost-cutting are still evident. Oh well....

Back with a bang, and how!

Last edited by FINTAIL : 6th October 2014 at 14:11.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:16   #28
BHPian

Excellent review from Aditya as always.

I personally feel the pricing in perfect.

The Base variant should come approximately around 8.3Lac on road here in Mumbai. Except for the lack of ABS and Air Bags, the Ciaz base model ticks all the boxes. And add to that the ARAI claimed full efficiency of around 20.73 kmpl . Even in real world conditions and for person with a heavy driving foot like mine, I can expect a Fuel Efficiency of around 14 - 15 a figure which even most of the premium hatchbacks can not come close too !!!

I guess considering the present fuel prices and given the astronomical fuel efficiency expected out of Ciaz (petrol motor), Maruti is targeting to achieve a major portion of the sales target of ciaz from its Petrol variants. Probably that explains the huge price difference between petrol and diesel models

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2014 at 18:46. Reason: Review is by Aditya :)
Old 6th October 2014, 14:23   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the very detailed review.

I am still wondering how they achieved 26.2kmpl on the Diesel vs 20.77 of Ertiga-DDiS. Agreed that lower weight (1105 vs 1235kg, 130kg less) and better aerodynamics would be the primary reasons, but are those enough for such a big increase?

From the review it appears that the gear ratios of the two may be same, as I see that first few gears are are shorter side and 5th gear is tall, which seems similar to ertiga.

I was thinking may be they eliminated the turbo lag, hence increasing FE, but it does not seem so from this review. Other reviews e.g., ACI's mentioned that turbo lag is not there (compared with Ertiga).

Last edited by mohan41 : 6th October 2014 at 14:26.
Old 6th October 2014, 14:29   #30
BHPian

Any news from any dealers on when deliveries will start? Bimal Auto Bangalore says that deliveries will start in 2-3 weeks time.

I have booked from Suraksha and there is no news from them on this aspect.

I am also waiting for the official review of the petrol engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks