Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 09:39   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
White is still a solid paint(non- metallic) for most manufactures even now. Check VW offerings!
Yes, but Ciaz's white is a nice metallic paint. With a Dzire parked right beside the TD Ciaz, white on the Ciaz was much brighter than Dzire.
Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 20th October 2014 at 09:43.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 14:17   #362
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Status of my correspondence with Maruti Suzuki for refund due to me for cancellation of booking of a Maruti Ciaz VXi+

"Your dealer's office keeps calling up and asking for a variety of documents to effect a refund.

First they said - send email asking for refund, I did so. 9 days ago.
Then they said - send signed letter asking for refund, I did so. 5 days ago.
Now they say - send original receipt for refund. Today.

What will be the next specification please, a refund that could have been sent by crossed cheque by registered post is becoming an interesting episode, next what, I will be asked to do what please?

Enough is enough. The original receipt is now with my accounts and it will stay there in my files. I have sent scanned copies of that receipt. I am sure a copy of that receipt will be in the dealer's files also.

As far as I am concerned, I gave a deposit as booking for a Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VXi+ on the specific instructions and request by Maruti to go to nearest dealer, which I did. As far as I am concerned, Maruti-Suzuki is sitting on my money, which your MgDor said will be refunded in full, in the national media.. And that refund is not happening, for whatever reason, nor will I beg for it.

If you can not effect a refund for any reason then fair enough, next step I also want to know if "Maruti Suzuki India Ltd." is a bank or a NBFC or otherwise authorised to collect interest free deposits from general public, and if so, under what authority of the Government of India. I am sure RBI and Ministry of Finance will be glad to get an RTI as well as a PG from me seeking clarity on this issue.

Maruti Suzuki wants to take things to the next level, so be it, this is the sort of behaviour it did when it was a monopoly. It didn't work even then."
malq is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 15:43   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
NOT really sure of it. We are talking about robotized dipping / painting which will have the same process / timing for painting. Why would white take more / less time compared to another one unless other colors have more number of coats comparatively.

I think the reason is white has MORE preference & acceptance than any other colors and hence the reason to produce more and sell faster.
Well I got to know from someone very close who worked in Honda that in the paint shop batches are scheduled such that it start from white then move to darker colours and black in last.
The reason is that before scheduling white again they need to clean up the paint-shop fully whereas for other colours some sort of minimal cleaning of equipment works
Old 20th October 2014, 17:55   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
Status of my correspondence with Maruti Suzuki for refund due to me for cancellation of booking of a Maruti Ciaz VXi+
Thought you had booked ZXi+ and were cancelling it because the plus variants with touchscreen is getting delayed.

Is it VXi+?
Old 20th October 2014, 18:00   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well I got to know from someone very close who worked in Honda that in the paint shop batches are scheduled such that it start from white then move to darker colours and black in last.
The reason is that before scheduling white again they need to clean up the paint-shop fully whereas for other colours some sort of minimal cleaning of equipment works
I don't think it's true. If that's the case white should be easily available color than the rest but it was the toughest to get from my own experience
Old 20th October 2014, 18:22   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thought you had booked ZXi+ and were cancelling it because the plus variants with touchscreen is getting delayed.

Is it VXi+?
Yes Sir, I had booked a VXi+ and could have considered an improvement to ZXi (the touchscreen is not important for me at all, nor are alloy wheels, though 2 airbags certainly are) but am totally put off by the whole waiting list experience. What is the big idea of "booking" something if it turns into a free-for-all with nil transparency and lots of attitude?

Trade inputs are that manufacturers are sitting on huge unsold stocks and very soon the 2015 model year cars will be on the floor.
Old 21st October 2014, 10:54   #367
BHPian

Just to went to a nearby Maruti showroom on Saturday and had a look at the Ciaz Diesel. Only the Diesel was available. Didn't take a test drive as the TD vehicle was yet to arrive. Was allowed to start the vehicle.

Here's my personal opinion on Ciaz after driving the Honda City CVT 2014 for close to 5 months:

Looks - I liked the straight front looks especially the grille and projector headlamps of the Ciaz. City's front looks from a slightly far distance made me feel Ciaz is better. All other angles I felt Honda City is better although rear looked similar.

Interior - The front AC vents looked more better and classic than the Honda City. Instrument clusters looked better in Honda City especially those fuel gauge meters, blue green ring combinations etc. Felt more futuristic. All other elements inside felt almost similar.

Seats - This is where Honda City scores more both at the front and back. I am close to 6 feet tall and felt a shortage of thigh support both at front and back. The front seat at the lowest adjustable position felt a bit higher than Honda City but lacked the comfort and the thigh support. Headroom and shoulder rooms are identical to the City. Like the City, it is difficult to get a correct seating position although finally I found a correct one for the City . I felt the rear seats have lesser length than the City, could not find difference in the width.

Build Quality - Build quality of Japanese cars cannot be compared to European cars. But I felt the doors of City more solid than the Ciaz, especially when closing. Not much of difference in the rear doors, but the front doors felt more solid in the City. Boot door felt the same light quality.

My suggestion to whoever looking for a family sedan in this price range and shortlisted both the above cars, should take a test drive taking your family before coming to a final decision.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 21st October 2014 at 10:58.
adarsh76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 11:05   #368
Senior - BHPian

One of the Kannada newspaper published today that Kalyani Motors in Bangalore has delivered 20 Ciaz cars to their customers yesterday which was the first lot rolled out from their showroom. Wish everyone who has booked in advance get the delivery on time as committed by the dealer across cities.
Old 21st October 2014, 11:23   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
One of the Kannada newspaper published today that Kalyani Motors in Bangalore has delivered 20 Ciaz cars to their customers yesterday which was the first lot rolled out from their showroom. Wish everyone who has booked in advance get the delivery on time as committed by the dealer across cities.
Last Thursday I saw one Ciaz on the road near Padmanabhanagar area in Bangalore. It was the same colour as the one used in the AD. It was the first one I saw on the road. Looks are not good enough to make heads turn, But it surely looks BIG.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 11:30   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Last Thursday I saw one Ciaz on the road near Padmanabhanagar area in Bangalore. It was the same colour as the one used in the AD. It was the first one I saw on the road. Looks are not good enough to make heads turn, But it surely looks BIG.
Yes even I had seen the Demo car which had come to our office premises. The front looks sore to the eyes and not at all attractive and rear looks OK OK, whereas from the length of the car it looks big. IMO MARUTI can make numbers only because of their brand value, if not it would have been similar to a Renault Fluence.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:51   #371
BHPian

I saw maroon ciaz couple of times while driving to my office. I would say it's not a head turner. Looking more like a Tata Indigo with it's big outline.
Started my own TDs for my planned car change. I may be getting a TD sometime this week from Mandovi Suzuki,Bangalore.
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:28   #372
BHPian

AUTO TRANSMISSION: Car was annoucned six months ago. It was launched 20 days ago. We have seen a lot of reviews on both Diesel and Petrol. Good till now. But one mystery remains - has anyone ever TD the variant with auto transmission yet? Have we come across even a short review of AT's performance somewhere online?
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:38   #373

i am planning to buy a sub 15 lakh disel .done test drive of ciaz zdi variant few days back.
i have test driven honda city IDTECH VX 1 week back.after test diving ciaz, again took test drive of honda ,just to compare..
these are my impressions:

looks exterior -
subjective, but nothing offensive here,you can adjust..road presence definitely more for new honda city .
interiors:
interiors of ciaz has better fit and finish than any other maruti car.compared to honda its almost same.but city feels more roomier inside.
build quality:
maruti is showing some improvement in this field,but still not upto the mark.
the driver seat inclination adj lever plastic bends on pulling, shame on you maruti.
in this field honda has deteriorated a lot ,cost cutting every were.
both the vehicles feels like they will develop rattles early.

equipment's:in this field maruti offers more at a lower price,zdi model has push button start but city vmt dosen't.

engine refinement:
start the vehicle even though both vehicles shakes, ciaz afterwards feels like a petrol car almost no engine sound and no vibrations in clutch or brake pedal like my old swift vdi even though it is the same engine.But in this field honda is far behind.the engine sound and vibrations are well appreciated in the cabin.

Ride and handling-

ciaz has better pickup and much fun to drive than city.suspension of ciaz feels great only next to the duster among the sub 15 lakh cars.but honda has more stiffer drive. and suspension is noisy and road noise is more in honda.
ciaz has better seating position and driving ergonomics.
gear shifting is also much better in ciaz than honda. even though sixth gear is absent.

even though ciaz is bigger than honda on paper both inside and outside honda feels bigger.
on driving the big car feel is much more for honda.

final verdict- i would like to have a car with ciaz engine and honda exterior and interior
argee9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 04:20   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argee9 View Post
final verdict- i would like to have a car with ciaz engine and honda exterior and interior
Dear agree,

I think I have the solution for this tangle.

FIAT LINEA 2014 . The tried & tested 1.3 MJD which Ciaz has & the excellent true premium interior / exterior fit & finish. This car is one looker IMO.

A link to the wonderful review put up by NKP.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html.

A Video comparison with all the competitors (except ciaz) which I personally liked which may help better visually.

Cheers,
pdma

Last edited by pdma : 25th October 2014 at 04:44.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 08:03   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
A Video comparison with all the competitors (except ciaz) which I personally liked which may help better visually.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=WuOsN6uVVTY

Cheers,
pdma
Nice comparison there, however does the Linea's big exterior dimentions translate into usable space inside? I am afraid no. That is where the Japanese shine I believe. Much better utilisation of space. Also, if one is buying a diesel, I believe including Linea into comparision wouldn't change much the DDIS is anyways tuned better in Marutis than in Fiats. So his requirement would now become (I assume) Linea's build and exterior, City's interior and Ciaz's engine.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks