Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 14:32   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
In fact, the Ciaz petrol is lighter than the Dzire diesel!

Never noticed the figures from that angle! Wow! Thats an achievement indeed. But how does the build quality feel against the main rival - the 2014 Honda City?

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2014 at 14:58. Reason: Corrected: The Ciaz petrol is lighter than the Dzire diesel
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:33   #32
BHPian

Decent car. Hyped only because it's Maruti. Take away the badge and this is another Sunny, uninspiring engine, uninspiring looks, just practical workhorse. Unlike Sunny in fact, it is a an unproven, new product. But hey, what the heck, it's a Maruti, who cares.

Anyway, there was a lot of discussion on Ciaz's weight and safety earlier. Any thoughts by reviewers on that? Sorry if I missed those lines (or between those lines), but wanted to check-
(a) if the light weight is noticeable at high speed on the highways, on corners or overtaking? Does the car feel like it is about to be air borne shortly ?
(b) Does it feel planted in its ride? Don't think can be compared to a Vento, but compared to a Verna or a City ?
(c) Does the build quality seem flimsy ? Do the doors shut with a thud or a thunk ?

Thanks !
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
The Maruti Ciaz has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 6.99 - 9.80 lakhs (ex-Delhi).
Awesome review, Aditya.

I went to ABT motors here in Chennai yesterday with a friend, who is in hunt for a new car. SA showed us the car, he did not open the car and allow us to sit, but he let us peek into the car. Car sure does look nice. SA has asked us to come today after 4PM for a test car drive. Looking forward to see how it measures up against the new Honda City.

Regards,
Amit

Last edited by Eddy : 6th October 2014 at 15:30. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability for our small screen users.
Old 6th October 2014, 14:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Very detailed review from TBHP as usual. By far the most informative review of this car as compared to other auto sites. However, I missed 'small but significant things' section.

Is it possible to post the picture of small pocket as mentioned below?

Quote:
Interior - Front

What's unique is the small pocket sewn onto the front seat where one can park a smartphone or the odd item.
It is a definite 5 star rated thread!
Old 6th October 2014, 15:01   #35
BHPian

An almost complete review ; hope the rest of it is coming. I'd have loved to hear more about that petrol engine, though it's gonna be along the lines of ertiga most probably and a direct comparison with Honda City the current market leader. This is perhaps the most awaited review after Tata Zest.

Maruti really has a winner here. To everyone who's wishing for a more powerful Maruti, Dream on buddy..

Maruti has a success formula for India and they're never going to mess with that. A reasonably well built and priced car that is vfm, solid service and A$$ backup and fuel efficiency. This car is primarily aimed at the backseat babus and it does fit whatever they need. Spacious interiors, loaded with bells and whistles and fancy gadgets to show off, oodles of chrome and top class fuel efficiency. It doesn't matter if the car hits 100 in 10 seconds or 25. Even with a remap this is not a car an enthusiast would like to enjoy driving. Other than the 80odd thousand members in our forum, of which a few thousand are true blooded enthusiasts everyone else would like to own one.

Like Aditya pointed out the missing cladding in the rear hatch has become a worrying trend. And the reason why the GC was restricted was probably to reduce the vertical wobble experienced on uneven roads. Another thing I wanted to know was if cruise control was offered in the top variants. About airbags and ABS, is maruti continuing it's trend of offering these only in the highest trim? And is there a rear view camera provided and if not is it compatible with the 7" screen?

Thanks
Sunny
Autodoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:02   #36
BHPian

If looks & segment aren't the criteria, the Honda Amaze 1.2AT at 8L is 2.25L cheaper than the VXi+ AT variant with the same power displacement of around 90PS and a better 5 speed auto box. The Honda's steering is also spot on whenever I have driven it. No doubt the Amaze interiors are lousy but it can really make it difficult for many buyers with a very tight budget. Am not bringing the Xcent AT here because of the lousy 4-AT.

Will have to see the Ciaz in flesh to decide.
Old 6th October 2014, 15:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review & the attention to detail is exemplary! Pricing is spot on, but are they really introductory prices?

The interior seem a lot like my 2007 City GXi, albeit the electronics! Seems like an honest effort and the result should do well in our markets. Offering safety at the VX trim as well, needs to be applauded!

With these choice of engines & the ample space offered, they seem to be targeting the taxi segment big time. The Verito/Manza/Sunny will give way to Ciaz!
Old 6th October 2014, 15:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review.

Full specifications can be seen in the brochure.

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...al_brocher.pdf

Mods: Brochure size is 8.1MB and I am not able to attach it (max size limit 3MB).

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 6th October 2014 at 15:07.
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:07   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Decent car. Hyped only because it's Maruti. Take away the badge and this is another Sunny, uninspiring engine, uninspiring looks, just practical workhorse. Unlike Sunny in fact, it is a an unproven, new product. But hey, what the heck, it's a Maruti, who cares.
Quite unfortunate that this -
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-17.jpg

is being compared to this -
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiaz05.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Come on, talk about equipment
Forget equipments also, lets talk about proportions.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:10   #40
BHPian

Thank you Aditya for the review!

I find Ciaz boring and overpriced. Maruti is indeed milking Indian customers for its brand value and making a fool out of them.

TATA Zest has everything Ciaz has at a much cheaper pricing. It has some features which even Ciaz doesn't have like DRLs. Yes space is less but 2.5 lakhs for that? Too much I say.

C'mon maruti. Stop taking us for granted.

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2014 at 18:49. Reason: Typos
StepUP! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:12   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Is it possible to post the picture of small pocket as mentioned below?
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-maruticiazindialaunch14.jpg

Courtesy - Rush Lane

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th October 2014 at 15:36.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, there was a lot of discussion on Ciaz's weight and safety earlier. Any thoughts by reviewers on that? Sorry if I missed those lines (or between those lines), but wanted to check-
(a) if the light weight is noticeable at high speed on the highways, on corners or overtaking? Does the car feel like it is about to be air borne shortly ?
(b) Does it feel planted in its ride? Don't think can be compared to a Vento, but compared to a Verna or a City ?
(c) Does the build quality seem flimsy ? Do the doors shut with a thud or a thunk ?

Thanks !
Looks like you've missed the opening post itself and came directly to comment!

Quote:

What you won't:

• Uninvolving to drive. Steering & dynamics aren't to an enthusiast's taste
• Light build quality. Lacks the sheer solidity of its European rivals
Throughout the review, Aditya has compared the handling of Ciaz with that of Vento/Rapid/City. Take a moment to read through the review, please.
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
What you won't:
• 1.4L petrol has the lowest power rating in the segment. City i-VTEC & Vento TSI are in a different league
Did you testdrive the petrol as well? If so, request a few lines on refinement and power delivery. Post #5 talks about only the diesel. :(
Old 6th October 2014, 15:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The badge has a lot more value than Renault or Nissan. This badge give you twice as much as resale value than the mentioned above. Of course, I am not counting the peace of mind related to the badge.

I think the questions asked above can be explained better by test driving the car oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
If looks & segment aren't the criteria, the Honda Amaze 1.2AT at 8L is 2.25L cheaper than the VXi+ AT variant with the same power displacement of around 90PS and a better 5 speed auto box. The Honda's steering is also spot on whenever I have driven it. No doubt the Amaze interiors are lousy but it can really make it difficult for many buyers with a very tight budget. Am not bringing the Xcent AT here because of the lousy 4-AT.

Will have to see the Ciaz in flesh to decide.
If looks and segment (and interiors) aren't the criteria then it becomes extremely difficult to decide, IMO. However, I think Vento, Rapid and New Fiesta ATs are far superior than Maruti's, Honda's or Hyundai's autoboxes.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Excellent car with some excellent pricing. Maruti is spot on here & both Honda & Hyundai should be worried now. Though car has little smaller engine compared to others, it has made up with bigger space & light weight along with lots of features. Top end versions are priced very attractively when you see top ends of the City & Verna. OTR it will be less than 1.5 to 3 lacs. Ciaz has loads of features in top end model which will surely attract lots of customers. Maruti has a clear winner in hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks