Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 14:10   #466
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Ciaz has been snapped in pseudo RS avatar. Now, dont get your imagination go wild, as this would be changes would be purely cosmetic. spoilers and front and back skirts are prominent, as is the smoked alloys.
I however, wanted to see, if they throw in all black interior option.
That car looks like on testing!

Sometimes I wonder what these manufacturers test in the cars when they only make some cosmetic changes like stickers, multi-tone paint job, some cosmetic changes in the interiors etc! Do they want to make sure that the stickers they invented don't fly-off when car is in motion at varying speeds? Or they test durability of the paint job in different conditions?

If a snickered car is all they have on offering then just paste the stickers and put it on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess it will sell in reverse order

Linea<Fiesta<Vento<2015 Verna<City<Ciaz
Spot on
tbppjpr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 16:39   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess it will sell in reverse order

Linea<Fiesta<Vento<2015 Verna<City<Ciaz
Hillarious.
. I too think so. Fiat's poor attitude continues, Ford no idea why doesn't advertise the Fiesta.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 10:42   #468
BHPian

I feel all the noise around the Ciaz has already died. Its slowly starting to appeal less to everyone. Sadly it is happening even before you start spotting it on the roads. Cant even make out the difference that this is a new model on road forget it being a head turner. Maruti and its dealers have to be blamed for its slack in attitude in delivery. They expect it to sell without putting any effort like the M800. Dealers are so high headed that they don't acknowledge your prelaunch booking, they expect you to pay the full amount from the moment car is in transit, they make you wait for delayed periods. Who has 10 lakhs plus to block and has the patience for this kinda laid back behavior.

Maruti had a group delivery of 50 cars last week in Chennai at a star hotel, was supposedly a dance party.

Anyways Ciaz is slowly taking the path of other Maruti sedans, with very less takers. Walk-ins to check the Ciaz has drastically fallen down is what I hear from a major Maruti dealer.
Old 26th November 2014, 13:59   #469
BHPian

Initial ownership reviews (albiet brief) are out on websites such as Cardekho and Carwala etc. Generally it appears owners are unhappy about steering, gear box and lack of power and I am left with the conclusion (based on a limited sample size of reviews) that apart from meeting space and comfort considerations through Ciaz, MSIL hasnt really graduated to the big-boys club ala Vento, Verna and City. People having fun are likely those who are graduating to a compact sedan after driving a Wagon R or Swift. They wouldnt have driven a Polo, i10/20 or even a Brio for that matter! (In fact one of the reviewer who replaced his i20 with Ciaz was cursing himself). Ahem
Old 26th November 2014, 14:48   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Initial ownership reviews (albiet brief) are out on websites such as Cardekho and Carwala etc. Generally it appears owners are unhappy about steering, gear box and lack of power and I am left with the conclusion (based on a limited sample size of reviews) that apart from meeting space and comfort considerations through Ciaz, MSIL hasnt really graduated to the big-boys club ala Vento, Verna and City.
Thanks for the info. Team BHP still awaits first ownership thread. It sure is a long wait.
Old 26th November 2014, 14:51   #471
BHPian

Quote:
People having fun are likely those who are graduating to a compact sedan after driving a Wagon R or Swift. They wouldnt have driven a Polo, i10/20 or even a Brio for that matter! (In fact one of the reviewer who replaced his i20 with Ciaz was cursing himself). Ahem
I do not understand the point you are trying to make here. Ciaz is not a compact sedan in the first case and Swift drives and handles way better than I20. Why is the I20 ex-owner cursing Ciaz? I have taken test drive of Ciaz and it is much better then any hatch in terms of performance, ride and handling. It is in question only when you compare with a sedan. I am sorry but I feel the reviews you have gone through are misleading. My uncle has booked Ciaz and the only concern is the waiting period. It would be very helpful if someone from team-bhp can post their initial ownership.
Kratos453 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 22:40   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Initial ownership reviews (albiet brief) are out on websites such as Cardekho and Carwala etc.
It will be too early to conclude based on the reviews available presently in various forums. These reviews are brief and border on extreme emotions. Few have praised Ciaz as one of the best sedan, where as few others are critical on the performance. But no objective data has been shared by owners. If we can get detailed ownership reviews in TBHP, it could help us to come to a conclusion.
Old 27th November 2014, 00:26   #473
BANNED

I have booked the Ciaz and am really content with that. Am I happy? Probably not. But it made so much economical sense that it doesn't matter now. I see a lot members here who give the utmost importance to driving pleasure. Pleasure for me is also having nifty features and those plethora of buttons that I can play with till my office comes in half an hour.

Ciaz isn't a car I will be cornering the Palm Beach Road on (people from Mumbai will know what I am talking about). Ciaz isn't a car I will be drag racing from one signal to the other. But it does all that it promises, and that sadly is getting missed out in this hoopla about bhp, torque, cornering and speed guns. I am sorry to say this, but the majority of even amongst us don't give a damn about how we are driving unless it's the weekend. The rest of the days are plain jane suits and ties, and comfortable sedate drive to and back from office. For the people who are complaining that it's light build, I hope they know it might just be for the high tensile steel used. The guys who are complaining about under thigh support, I hope they know it can be padded up at your neighbourhood shop. The people who are complaining about the low power, I hope they know Ciaz boasts of a similar bhp/tonne figure as that of the mighty City.

I can deal with all those aforementioned on my sedate half an hour drive to work. Everyday. What I can't is my co-passengers getting nauseatic on a highway drive, or the door beads leaking in a typical Mumbai monsoon, or my passengers jostling against eachother for space because my car gives me reasons to grin because of its perfect balance of ride and handling.

Don't call me an enthusiast and probably shoot my opinion for what it's worth. I don't think I am wrong and to each his own.

Ps. Sorry for the incessant ranting, but I kinda got tired of so many people going on hearsay and putting down a car without actually putting their money where it should be. Peace out!
methecupid is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 00:49   #474
Senior - BHPian

Test Drove the Ciaz Diesel today and I just a couple of things to say

1) Since I drive a Swift Diesel, the interiors felt very Maruti and that is a comforting factor for a Maruti again buyer.

2) Looks are subjective, I think its bland and boring. Nothing you'll go wow about if you see it the first time or after a year. Its JUST a sedan which does what was advertised.

2) Space is GOOD. So is the bootspace, can be a very good vacation car or even an everyday office car.

3) Drive is BORING and so is the handling. This car should have had a 1.6 DDIS. Maruti should stop plonking the 1.3 in everything it can find. Tomorrow, they'll launch an EECO DDIS, Alto DDIS, Wagon R DDIS, Suzuki Gixxer DDIS bla bla. Enough of this 1.3 DDIS business.

I think the enthusiasm about this car will die in no time and so will the sales numbers.

My personal opinion, I would not put my 10 large on this.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 01:02   #475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post

Don't call me an enthusiast and probably shoot my opinion for what it's worth. I don't think I am wrong and to each his own.

Ps. Sorry for the incessant ranting, but I kinda got tired of so many people going on hearsay and putting down a car without actually putting their money where it should be. Peace out!
Bang-on. You nailed it sir! You spoke what i had in mind.

The only thing I hate in the Ciaz is, the 1.3L DDiS engine. This car demands a 1.6L MJD/DDiS rest everything is prefect - Better than the Honda City!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 08:49   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I have booked the Ciaz and am really content with that. Am I happy? Probably not. But it made so much economical sense that it doesn't matter now. I see a lot members here who give the utmost importance to driving pleasure. Pleasure for me is also having nifty features and those plethora of buttons that I can play with till my office comes in half an hour.

Ciaz isn't a car I will be cornering the Palm Beach Road on (people from Mumbai will know what I am talking about). Ciaz isn't a car I will be drag racing from one signal to the other. But it does all that it promises, and that sadly is getting missed out in this hoopla about bhp, torque, cornering and speed guns. I am sorry to say this, but the majority of even amongst us don't give a damn about how we are driving unless it's the weekend. The rest of the days are plain jane suits and ties, and comfortable sedate drive to and back from office. For the people who are complaining that it's light build, I hope they know it might just be for the high tensile steel used. The guys who are complaining about under thigh support, I hope they know it can be padded up at your neighbourhood shop. The people who are complaining about the low power, I hope they know Ciaz boasts of a similar bhp/tonne figure as that of the mighty City.

I can deal with all those aforementioned on my sedate half an hour drive to work. Everyday. What I can't is my co-passengers getting nauseatic on a highway drive, or the door beads leaking in a typical Mumbai monsoon, or my passengers jostling against eachother for space because my car gives me reasons to grin because of its perfect balance of ride and handling.

You are right, the ranting got just too much. But your views about the car don't go with most here. The too soft suspension, that lousy steering, poor seats make it boring to drive. This is a fact that can't be undone. My Swift's gearshift feels much smoother than the Ciaz's.
Can we really make seats of Ciaz as comfy as those in Fiesta? Can a neighbourhood shop really do that? I doubt that.
It is all about priorities and probably your priorities are different than mine. But even if I consider it as chauffer driven, I wouldn't want to sit in that rear because of that suspension being too soft and bouncy, so I fail to get it.
This, however doesn't mean that I disrespect your decision to buy this car. I just don't get it what features can make a boring to drive car more interesting. Engine power is not an issue, this car is as easy to drive in city as my Swift, full marks there. It can't match the VW's 1.5 TDi on a highway but that is just fine. Than we have remapping as a good and healthy option too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Bang-on. You nailed it sir! You spoke what i had in mind.

The only thing I hate in the Ciaz is, the 1.3L DDiS engine. This car demands a 1.6L MJD/DDiS rest everything is prefect - Better than the Honda City!

Anurag.
This is just the opposite of what I have in my mind. Engine power is really not a big issue, the car is fairly light weight and hence is agile to drive. The suspension, steering, seats are the real big let downs.
Old 27th November 2014, 09:07   #477
BHPian

I basically do not get your point. For an informed buyer who values reliabillity, after sales and resale would choose to go forward with a Maruti anyday, period. What I am trying to point is priorities differ for each individual. There are a lot of persons I know who has valued Swift more than i20. At the end of the day, we need to value our requirement - mostly priorities. If I have the moolah to spend on an enthusiast's car, I will go ahead and choose the Polo 1.5 TDi. For a sedate driver a Swift 1.3 MJD would suffice his requirement.

Quote:
Initial ownership reviews (albiet brief) are out on websites such as Cardekho and Carwala etc. Generally it appears owners are unhappy about steering, gear box and lack of power and I am left with the conclusion (based on a limited sample size of reviews) that apart from meeting space and comfort considerations through Ciaz, MSIL hasnt really graduated to the big-boys club ala Vento, Verna and City. People having fun are likely those who are graduating to a compact sedan after driving a Wagon R or Swift. They wouldnt have driven a Polo, i10/20 or even a Brio for that matter! (In fact one of the reviewer who replaced his i20 with Ciaz was cursing himself). Ahem
Old 27th November 2014, 09:39   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
You are right, the ranting got just too much. But your views about the car don't go with most here. The too soft suspension, that lousy steering, poor seats make it boring to drive. This is a fact that can't be undone. My Swift's gearshift feels much smoother than the Ciaz's..
What suspension? Definitely better than the Verna and to the likes of the City. That's what they meant when the spoke about benchmarks. It's impossible to give the suspension of a fiesta or the rapid, the engine of the Verna, equipment from all the cars combined, space like a D segment sedan, gearbox like the swift, and still sell it at a price that the common man will accept a Maruti product at. According to your description, the car is like a write off Speaking about gearshift, give em maruti gearboxes some time to seat.

Last edited by audioholic : 27th November 2014 at 09:43.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 11:02   #479
BHPian

This car says what it does and does what it says. Its not for the people who having racing in mind or torque oriented or want to put up a show.
When you upgrade from a hatchback to this car you will have nothing to complain as it does everything better.
Its feature loaded, roomy and drivable.
It comfortably does 140km/hr on the highway. I think its good that the cars engine keeps you safe from your heavy foot on Indian roads.
Seats are totally do able. Making it a head turner also is possible and torquing up is also a possibility, but I don't think that's everyone's priority.
We should not get really picky and write off this car.

Maruti should buck up and increase speed of delivery and help more market presence to make real owners give feedback of the car and rest all hypothesis by window shoppers. Dealers are just creating a pseudo hype. I believe a lot of cars have been brought till Bangalore and stocked but the southern dealers have not released payment, so is the delay in delivery.
The dealers have started asking full payment even before the car has been lifted off from there, stating its present rule from Maruti.

Words of an actual owner "its an awesome car and very satisfied with this wholesome product".
They have mentioned there is some clutch issue and Maruti is recalling and changing something. I wonder what it is.
Old 27th November 2014, 11:06   #480
BANNED

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It's impossible to give the suspension of a fiesta or the rapid, the engine of the Verna, equipment from all the cars combined, space like a D segment sedan, gearbox like the swift, and still sell it at a price that the common man will accept a Maruti product at. According to your description, the car is like a write off.

Very well said buddy. Infact that's becoming the bane of a informed community like ours. Giving a prelude to my buying decision, I had spent two sleepless months going through pages after pages of reviews and comments, spending time on the review videos on YouTube, talking to countless mates... So am I buying this car without knowing its quirks? Hell no! I hated the light steering, sluggish pick up, the paint quality, I came back home and told that I will be retaining my Polo anyway cause I feel it drive better. A long while back when I bought my Polo, I wished it had the features of the i20 or even the low maintenance of my friends Swift. Then someone who drove a Jazz told me that my car drives better. The point is, every car has its own USP. It might be short on others, but doesn't mean it was made by its manufacturers without any thought being put into. But in this quest of this perfection, we lose out on the smaller niceties of the cars we evaluate. That's thoroughly disappointing, specially coming from bhpians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
This, however doesn't mean that I disrespect your decision to buy this car. I just don't get it what features can make a boring to drive car more interesting.

I was simply sold out on those alloys and rear blinds 😋 I know, I am stupid. But honestly, I didn't find the car to be boring or sluggish for my simple daily requirements. And at 10lakhs OTR, no other car was giving me the service, the package and the carpet area that Ciaz was giving. City was a close (very close) second. It's easily the most aspirational car in the segment but I find the service guys at Honda horrendous (not the sales) and the service costs unreasonably high.

Last edited by methecupid : 27th November 2014 at 11:20.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks