Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2014, 12:02   #481
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
I basically do not get your point. For an informed buyer who values reliabillity, after sales and resale would choose to go forward with a Maruti anyday, period.
For each his own .

Talking about resale value we are jumping way ahead of ourselves even before we started spotting the car on roads. Yes, if someone who is already spending 10-12 lakhs on a car believes wringing out a km or two extra from FE standpoint is critical, good luck.

I am not against this car. I am one of those who probaly doesn't belong to the customer segment MSIL is trying to target within Mid-sized sedan buyer community.

Last edited by bhaskaracs : 27th November 2014 at 12:03.
Old 27th November 2014, 12:27   #482
BANNED

How many people commenting against the Ciaz or for that matter Maruti as a manufacturer actually have owned one in their car owning history. Judgements about a car can be passed, but not right to be judgmental about others choice. I like a car, I buy it. Period. Most people do not like the car I buy, but that is the top selling car in the segment. Agreed it does not have any safety features, but so does about 80% of the mid variant cars sold here.

Not every one who would buy a Ciaz is a so called "car enthusiast" who will put pedal to metal from day one. Most of them would be using the car in the city for day to day errands in bumper to bumper traffic. For that occasional trip with family, this car is also perfect. Why such hypocrisy against the buyer and the manufacturer. All I am saying is, you do not like the car then good that you did not buy it but do not make a statement about why others should not buy it. One can pass their opinion and should leave it at that.
ILTDrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 12:56   #483
BHPian

Question- Where are all those 6,500 odd Ciaz that Maruti shipped in October ? Answer- hiding in plain sight. You might have seen a few, without realizing what you are looking at.

*True story*
Old 27th November 2014, 17:58   #484
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What suspension? Definitely better than the Verna and to the likes of the City. That's what they meant when the spoke about benchmarks. It's impossible to give the suspension of a fiesta or the rapid, the engine of the Verna, equipment from all the cars combined, space like a D segment sedan, gearbox like the swift, and still sell it at a price that the common man will accept a Maruti product at. According to your description, the car is like a write off Speaking about gearshift, give em maruti gearboxes some time to seat.
Just add, Maruti should sell it at M800 price

Even big Germans - Merc, Audi, BMW - have their faults even after paying amounts north of atleast 30L.

Regards,

JLS
Old 27th November 2014, 18:39   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Question- Where are all those 6,500 odd Ciaz that Maruti shipped in October ? Answer- hiding in plain sight. You might have seen a few, without realizing what you are looking at.

*True story*
From my home to office I cross 2 Maruti Dealership and everyday, especially on Wednesday, Friday and other auspicious days, I see many taking deliveries of Ciaz. Also I see many cars on the road. I really don't know how are you complaining.

It may be just that so far none of T-bhpians felt like writing a ownership thread considering this thread becoming a Maruti basher. Since they liked the car and bought it they would not not like to read this thread.

Personally I will not buy the car anyway. It does not suit my taste.
Old 27th November 2014, 22:19   #486
BHPian

Going by the stats and specifically when I was talking on generic terms, any informed person would know Maruti/Hyundai to command better resale value than other brands.

Fuel efficiency may not be of prime importance for a car buyer of 10-12 lacs but reliability does. By that I am not saying that other brands are not reliable by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
For each his own .

Talking about resale value we are jumping way ahead of ourselves even before we started spotting the car on roads. Yes, if someone who is already spending 10-12 lakhs on a car believes wringing out a km or two extra from FE standpoint is critical, good luck.

I am not against this car. I am one of those who probaly doesn't belong to the customer segment MSIL is trying to target within Mid-sized sedan buyer community.
Old 28th November 2014, 00:25   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

*True story*
Indirectly, you are saying that you haven't spotted much of them around. I agree with that. Even I haven't seen much till date. But there have been a lot of deliveries which I am aware of. For example, a dealer in Bangalore made news delivering more than 20(forgot the actual number) in one day.

Speaking of road presence, not very eye catching except for a beautiful front. You can spot an SX4 in the crowd due to its obese body and height. The Ciaz on the other hand is much conservative, to suit a wider range of age groups. I liked the brown colour a lot. The shade makes the Honda city in similar colour very boring. My neighbour has that brownish city(not sure of the exact shade) but it doesn't look so appealing compared to the Brown shade offered on Ciaz.

On the other hand, silver looks very plain on this car and its hardly noticeable. The blue one shown in the scoop images will also be a nice offering. Personally I would prefer brown, white and blue in the order of my preference.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 01:06   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the delivery times now? Also has they started delivering the ZDi+ variants?
Old 28th November 2014, 08:00   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are not seeing many a Ciaz because of twoobvious reasons. Both are due to hiding from plain sight of two counts.
One is white and silver Ciazs are not spotted easily in crowded city traffic as it doesn't have a fantastic presence.
Second reason is main buyers of Ciaz are those who had purchased the car but is keeping it for weekend use or once-in-a-month outing kinda use and car kept under wraps at home for most of the time as a precious Maruti gem.

Simply put the group that moves in their cars most of the time, are not yet impressed with it.

Last edited by rajeev k : 28th November 2014 at 08:01.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 10:37   #490
BANNED

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post

Second reason is main buyers of Ciaz are those who had purchased the car but is keeping it for weekend use or once-in-a-month outing kinda use and car kept under wraps at home for most of the time as a precious Maruti gem.

Simply put the group that moves in their cars most of the time, are not yet impressed with it.

How many emoticons are we allowed to use again? I wish I had more really. Am sure Rajeev you have a very good database of customer profiling and buying values to support that. I don't doubt it at all. At all.

Some excerpts from ownership threads on automotiveindia reads the following;

"2. Petrol Engine is not at all underpowered. (This was my apprehension since there was NO Petrol Test Drive Vehicle)

3. Average displayed is 18.1 KM/PL on Highway, City 17.2 KM/PL

4. Very Very Very Spacious & Comfortable (Did drive from Nagpur to Mumbai in 16 Hrs Non-Stop)"

" I had already driven 1400 KM & being through worst road patch, but Ciaz did not scraped under any circumstance, till date. Maruti had done the homework right & passed in exam too".

They sound fairly impressed to me Rajeev. Because of the nature of my work, I have to drive close to 70kms a day. Some of the cars I have owned and/or driven include Lamborghini Diablo, 350z, Mustang GT, Infiniti G35, Corolla, Altima, Optra, Jetta, Ikon, Polo etc. (in no particular order). I guess one can't call me less travelled. But come February, I will take the Ciaz and drive it. Be rest assured, it's not going to lie in my basement parking until weekends.

I think you missed out on a large part of why this thread has come back to life again. We are imploring the members to not be judgemental about one's buying preference or decision.

Last edited by methecupid : 28th November 2014 at 10:41.
methecupid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 14:14   #491
BHPian

Took a test drive of the Ciaz ZDi today. Could only manage city limits, though.

+ves:
1. Even with 4 people on board, the car is pretty drivable. The turbo lag is nowhere as bad as it is made out to be. Tuned brilliantly given the 1.3L capacity.
2. The build quality seems to be good. Doors shut with a nice and quiet thud.
3. Refinement is superb. Hardly any noise seeps in to the cabin. Start/stop is extremely smooth.
4. High RPM (around 3500-4000) is nowhere uncomfortable. In fact, I found it quite pleasing. I didn't go above 4000 RPM.
5. Very soft and short clutch, short gear throws, and city-friendly light steering.
6. Suspension seems quite decent for city. Did not try out the highway.
7. Good legroom both at front and rear.

-ves:
1. Rear head room is bad. Being an average 5'9", there was hardly a 1/2 inch gap above my head. A hump/bounce will be "Ouch"!
2. Raw torque is missing, quite sedate in behaviour for this segment. Enthusiasts in this segment can definitely give it a miss.
3. I found the under thigh support to be not too good, both in the front and rear.

Last edited by PearlJam : 28th November 2014 at 14:18.
Old 28th November 2014, 14:30   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
Going by the stats and specifically when I was talking on generic terms, any informed person would know Maruti/Hyundai to command better resale value than other brands.
Maruti cars have not commanded good resale value in C2 segment. Also both Maruti and Hyundai have models which have low resale value. In C2 segment Honda City has been the leader and commanding high resale value also. Whether Ciaz will be able to replace Honda City - only future can provide the answer. But I think all participants in this thread are trying to answer that question from their own perspective today itself.
Old 29th November 2014, 18:03   #493
BHPian

Surprising that we don't get to see a lot of these on road in a city like Bangalore, even the ones I have seen do not stand out in the crowd like a brand new design should. There seems to be something missing with this design, can't figure out what :what:
Old 29th November 2014, 21:34   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
How many people commenting against the Ciaz or for that matter Maruti as a manufacturer actually have owned one in their car owning history. Judgements about a car can be passed, but not right to be judgmental about others choice. I like a car, I buy it. Period. Most people do not like the car I buy, but that is the top selling car in the segment. Agreed it does not have any safety features, but so does about 80% of the mid variant cars sold here.

Not every one who would buy a Ciaz is a so called "car enthusiast" who will put pedal to metal from day one. Most of them would be using the car in the city for day to day errands in bumper to bumper traffic. For that occasional trip with family, this car is also perfect. Why such hypocrisy against the buyer and the manufacturer. All I am saying is, you do not like the car then good that you did not buy it but do not make a statement about why others should not buy it. One can pass their opinion and should leave it at that.
Good for you! I own the Manza and feel the same! Forza Manza!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 11:01   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz would sell 5000+ units on average /month. The initial month was more probably due to the display units sent to dealers.

November sales of Ciaz stands at 5232.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/mccode/n...=1241505&num=0

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st December 2014 at 11:05.

Most Viewed