Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 15:31   #496
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Just heard that Maruti Suzuki has recalled some 3800 units of ciaz for replacing some part of the clutch. Any updates as to what really is the problem?
Old 1st December 2014, 16:18   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Just heard that Maruti Suzuki has recalled some 3800 units of ciaz for replacing some part of the clutch. Any updates as to what really is the problem?
Hi JASMEET MATTOO,

Maruti suspects a problem with the clutch operation system of the Ciaz with manual transmission for both, the petrol and diesel engines, and the manufacturer is going to replace the relevant part free of cost. The carmaker has said that cars made till November 7, 2014 may have this problem, and will set up a service campaign to resolve the issue.

More info available in the link below:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...on-391957.aspx
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 21:33   #498
BHPian

As I had mentioneda week back the owners have asked to bring in the car back for changing some component of the clutch. The parts are not yet at the A.S.S., have been informed that as soon as that part comes they will call the owners to come and get it changed or changed during their service period. Even the service.person was not very clear of what problem they have faced and why they are asked to change. Guess something minor but they had to do kinds. With the amount of outsourcing and low cost parts such things are going to happen more often with all cars. They should improve quality control. Its such a bad publicity for Ciaz which cant afford it at this junction. Half minded new City owners must be a tad happier. Even I belong to the marginal ciaz-city buyer, mind at work.
Old 1st December 2014, 22:02   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Such recalls are quite common with all "New" Marutis(not the 'all-new' facelifts). Swift had clutch issues and a few other issues in the first batch, later the same with SX4, Ertiga did have a TSB on some engine component if I can remember correctly. Hence same issue repeats with the Ciaz too. However not an issue to be worried of since the rectifications have been successful in all models and long term reliablity isn't of a concern.
Old 3rd December 2014, 09:44   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Question- Where are all those 6,500 odd Ciaz that Maruti shipped in October ? Answer- hiding in plain sight. You might have seen a few, without realizing what you are looking at.

*True story*
You must be joking. Maruti and numbers. I don't question. They sell more than the sum of their next 3 competitors put together. initial reviews are on the good n bas of the car for the targeted customers. Numbers come much later.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid typing...like...this. Take some time out to pen your post in accordance with the rules of the Forum. Please read the Announcements before proceeding. Also, let's keep the discussions civil, please. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd December 2014 at 10:45.
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:55   #501
BHPian

[quote=ponniah_ashok;3594108]You must be joking. Maruti and numbers. I don't question. They sell more than the sum of their next 3 competitors put together. initial reviews are on the good n bas of the car for the targeted customers. Numbers come much later.

The question here is not about whether MSIL is the # 1 OEM or not. It is about the complete lack of transperancy in the entire delivery process coupled with the general lack of Chutzpah/oomph with the car. The latter is not so important. But as a prospective buyer I was excited about Ciaz and paid the booking amount on Sept 1 and then waited for 72 days before cancelling my booking. The car which was marked for me - an ZXI AT, was right in front my eyes in the show room. But what a pity it could not be delivered because MSIL hadnt taken the necesary RTO approvals to have this AT car ply on Chennai roads. I was asked to wait another 15 days (with no commitment on delivery date). I felt cheated and cancelled my booking he next day. As a # 1 car maker you have to display integrity towards your customers. Asking them to wait for such long durations stopping them in their strides (due to the general curiosity associated with any new launch) to go ahead and pursue other alternatives can be (and is) interpreted as malicious thinking than poor planning. The latter cannot an excuse in this ultra competitive world.
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:29   #502

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th December 2014 at 12:22.
ponniah_ashok is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:31   #503
BANNED

Quote:
Question- Where are all those 6,500 odd Ciaz that Maruti shipped in October ? Answer- hiding in plain sight.
That's because the "density" of older cars on road is more than that of Ciaz now. (Eg: consider Ventos selling 1K units per month for last 2 years. Then, total Ventos on road is 24,000. Total number of Ciaz on road now will be 6500 + 5500 = 12,000.) So, there are more chances of seeing a Vento on road than a Ciaz. Wait for another 6 months; the number game will change, and you can spot more of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
The car which was marked for me - an ZXI AT, was right in front my eyes in the show room. But what a pity it could not be delivered because MSIL hadnt taken the necesary RTO approvals to have this AT car ply on Chennai roads. I was asked to wait another 15 days (with no commitment on delivery date). I felt cheated and cancelled my booking he next day.
Will you afford if they had delivered the car on time but a defective one? will you afford if they had delivered the product on time but without the "offered" equipments? Will you afford if they had delivered the car on time but has not received the necessary permissions to run on road?

Whether Maruti was well-prepared for the launch or the Z versions had any issue, is another question. Something may be preventing them from making the actual reason public.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd December 2014 at 11:45.
Old 3rd December 2014, 12:14   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponniah_ashok View Post
You must be joking. Maruti and numbers. I don't question. They sell more than the sum of their next 3 competitors put together. initial reviews are on the good n bas of the car for the targeted customers. Numbers come much later.
It was light hearted comment, also known as joke in some parts of the world. Did you not get it ? It was on looks of the car (plain jane). How on earth did you read that as 'questioning MAruti's claimed numbers' ?
Old 3rd December 2014, 12:38   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Will you afford if they had delivered the car on time but a defective one? will you afford if they had delivered the product on time but without the "offered" equipments? Will you afford if they had delivered the car on time but has not received the necessary permissions to run on road?
From the recall that Maruti announced, it seems defective cars were delivered. But this can be condoned as new models will have few niggles

From bhaskaracs perspective, his waiting was different case. He saw the car in flesh but not able to take delivery. Definitely one can understand the eagerness of a new car buyer and his disappointment. It is a clear case where Maruti planning had failed. The checklist for new launch should have included RTO approval.
Old 3rd December 2014, 14:15   #506
BHPian

In the highly competitive Indian Auto Market, with so many manufacturers and models competing on marketshare by segment, every mfr. wants to put the cart before the horse. Therefore, you have no choice but to have patience, if you want to buy a newly launched car that attracts you, unless some valuable deadline is missed out due to the delay (like birthday. etc). Though highly frustrating, a 15/20 days delay should not change the decision on selection of a car. We live in India! That is my opinion. Think about it.
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:48   #507

Quote:
It was light hearted comment, also known as joke in some parts of the world. Did you not get it ? It was on looks of the car (plain jane). How on earth did you read that as 'questioning MAruti's claimed numbers' ?
Ciaz is 'plain jane.... '...out of all the production models of maruti ciaz must be the most exciting change over from the plain jane. not sure how this is plain jane. The rear of the car is so damn resembles city. The projected h/l are so prominent in the front. Itz so bulky, unless someone is so car ignorant, you cant miss one on the road.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid typing..like...this... This is your final warning.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd December 2014 at 16:48.
Old 3rd December 2014, 16:26   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
From the recall that Maruti announced, it seems defective cars were delivered. But this can be condoned as new models will have few niggles

Definitely one can understand the eagerness of a new car buyer and his disappointment. It is a clear case where Maruti planning had failed. The checklist for new launch should have included RTO approval.
We are not in 1970s and 80s when folks used to pay Rs 100 advance and book their Rajdoots and Vespas and then wait for six months to get their lot picked. The entire Ciaz launch is quite reminiscent of that per my father who eventually cancelled his Yezdi booking after waiting for four months as he took that Rs 150ish back to run errands. The entire Ciaz delivery exercise has become a bit of a joke. I wonder if this is a case globally where folks wait for their cars to be delivered for months after launch or is it just us Indians who are taken for a ride regularly by these MNCs selling average grade products and positioning them as world class (no where to be).

OT, I just did my math - with 15000 Ciazs booked and hardly a few delivered, the total cumulative interest (at the rate of 10% for each 21K that was paid and with an average waiting time of 75 days) is more than INR 65 lakhs. Where has this money gone? Is Maruti running a NBFC through its dealer network?
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:12   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
OT, I just did my math - with 15000 Ciazs booked and hardly a few delivered, the total cumulative interest (at the rate of 10% for each 21K that was paid and with an average waiting time of 75 days) is more than INR 65 lakhs. Where has this money gone? Is Maruti running a NBFC through its dealer network?
I don't think that the problem is limited to Maruti only.

Please see the list below:

1. Hyundai (i20 Elite, i10 Grand, Xcent)
2. Ford (Ecosport),
3. Honda (2014 City),
4. Skoda (Octavia),
5. Toyota (Innova)
6. And of course some Maruti Suzuki cars too;

These are some of the cars which I can recall having long waiting periods. Why single out Maruti for retaining your funds? A buyer puts in his money knowing this before hand. Dealers are desperate to make the sale anyway and won't turn down the customer citing long waiting periods. Who knows, we may even terms them as arrogant for that telling us that they cannot take more bookings because they have a long list of customers! So, all companies are running so called NBFCs then.

My only grouse is that companies should not invite bookings without stating complete specifications of the model. In fact, many a times I am dumbstruck watching how people book million rupee cars without having the spec sheet in hand, and at times, even without knowing how would the car look like when finally launched? No offence meant to people who book in advance, but this is my personal opinion.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 17:05   #510
BHPian

I had booked the Ciaz ZDI model in the second week of Sept and now its going to be 80+ days. No sign of the car. No call from the sale executive or the dealer. Maruti customer care do not have any information on the delivery of new cars or anything related to it.
Totally pathetic taken for granted attitude. After all days I walk into the showroom to find out that the car has been in transit for over good 30 days now. When I asked them what does that mean, they causally tell me that the car has reached Bangalore a long while ago, but the dealer does not have funds to pay Maruti and get the car shifted to Chennai.
Next they tell me to pay the whole sum of 11.5 Lakhs as advance so the car will reach Chennai in another 10 days.
What the hell, seriously. I called the customer care to complaint about this type of handling by the dealer and I was told the "No problem sir, dealer can take payment anytime they want."

Just 3 more weeks in December I have decided to wait and see whether they plan to ever get the car to Chennai by investing some of their own money to do their business.
21K itself was too much for nothing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks