Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 17:12   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post

Just 3 more weeks in December I have decided to wait and see whether they plan to ever get the car to Chennai by investing some of their own money to do their business.
21K itself was too much for nothing.

Just a tip, lodge a complaint with customer care instead of asking them for updates. Inform them that you would like to lodge a complaint regarding this. Thats when things heat up in Maruti CC. If not, you can only expect standard replies.

Last edited by audioholic : 4th December 2014 at 17:23.
Old 4th December 2014, 17:24   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
After all days I walk into the showroom to find out that the car has been in transit for over good 30 days now. When I asked them what does that mean, they causally tell me that the car has reached
In addition to what audioholic mentioned, on what basis are they informing you that car is in transit ?
Since the car is yet to be assigned in your name, only thing they have is a car which matches your booking. Say you booked a ZDi variant of white color and lets say that they have two cars matching that criterion in their yard (or any other location). Now, they may have assigned one of the car based on VIN number on your name only for their internal transaction. Remember you have paid only booking amount.

My suggestion, irrespective of car coming soon or later, tell them you will pay the remaining amount only after you do PDI. If they say they don't have money to pay Maruti, then that is their problem.

Anyways, delaying the already delayed process by few weeks is not going to hurt you. You can plan for a 2015 year vehicle later in that case.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 11:34   #513
BHPian

The only reason I am not pushing the dealer is I have had enough waiting, and learnt to live without the need to have the Ciaz. Intial enthusiasm has died. And yeah with the year ending I prefer the car be registered in 2015. But I doubt the car will take that long to reach the dealer if they say its on transit, but you never know Maruti.
I am in talks with another dealer who also has confirmed a car reaching them in 10 days, so I have my option of switching. But seriously Ciaz is a dead craving already.
Old 5th December 2014, 23:41   #514
BHPian

I took a test drive of Ciaz Zdi white color today and came back impressed with the ride quality and small car like manners of the car. The steering is light and turning is not a problem in narrow and twisty lanes in spite of the length. The engine is quiet compared to diesel standards and there is absolutely no vibration in the car either in still or while accelerating.
The seating position is sedanesque, controls are in easy reach and very easy to operate. The buttons are of good quality and the wood finish on the dash and the doors looks very nice and add a premium touch. The sound system is good and audio controls on the steering are light and easy. The aircon and the auto cc is very effective. One thing which impressed me was that even at speed of about 100 there was no tyre noise inside the cabin. Pick up is not something to get excited about but is not a slacker either. I found braking to be effective.
I was talking to the executive about delivery issues and he acknowledged that there are some problems but was not ready to share the details. They have over 18000 bookings but have been able to deliver about 1000 only. He hoped that soon these will get resolved.
I hope that all TBHPians who have booked their Ciaz get delivery soon. I will decide next month whether to go for it or not after taking test drives of competitor cars.
Old 9th December 2014, 15:38   #515

The Glistening Grey Ciaz VDI+ comes home.

A little Background;

I have my Zen Estilo from 2006 which is doing its duties diligently, without any fuss all these years. Just spent few bucks for her new footwear when it was just 10000 on the odo and some more to get the front shock absorbers replaced , other than that regular visits to the ASS for service have kept her in good knick all this while. The daily running was not that much and could only clock around 40,000 in 6 years, including some trips to native place, Udaipur by road.

Cut to 2014, changed jobs, new office is close to 35 KM one way, from residence. Started thinking of a diesel mill to do the daily run, but by then the petrol prices have stabilized somewhat and the gap between petrol and diesel have been narrowed substantially. Does it make sense to go for diesel now ? This was the question I was seeking to answer. Everytime the urge to buy a new car got strong, I resorted to oft repeated solace, its a depreciating asset, you have a car why you require new one etc. The itch has always been there, but never could muster enough guts to scratch it.

The Shove:
So far I was happy, with my Zen, fill it shut it and forget it, though the filling was too frequent for my taste. Still it was giving a good 17 KMPL in city conditions and I was not complaining. But, then people will not let you live in peace. The Traffic police jumps into the picture. Now, I am stopped every other day, to/fro my office. So my routine goes like this, start the engine, pray that there is no traffic, and the cops have better things to do, drive. But, god works in mysterious ways; so there will always be cops on lookout for outstation cars, and my instinct goes like this, let me hide behind a truck, he is looking the other way, floor the Accelerator, oh damn the traffic, "kya haal hai sir, kal toh roka tha, aaj phir". This sounds fun, but its everything except that. Reason for the drama, you see, my car is registered in Rajasthan, and this somehow seems to make cops Happy. "humara bhi target hota hai na" you can not argue on that one !

During an evening telephonic chat with my Dad mentioned this, just off the cuff, and all hell broke loose. WHAT !!!! you hide from the cops ! everyday ! are you a thief? did you rob someone? have you become a smuggler ? He is a Army men you see, and Izzat is paramount. You send the car to me pronto. You want to buy a new car, good ! if no, buy a bicycle for all I care, but you are not hiding from those *#$*%$, non-negotiable, and you have a weeks time, or else I will have to come down myself. I put down the phone after getting a good scolding, didn't realise that my Kindergarten going son who was by my side all this while, is grinning ear to ear, the shoe is on the other foot this time. Discussed with wifey, she agree with father in law. A new car it is then.

And the Push:
So, the search begins, its mid November. TDed Elite I20, Tata Zest, and Honda City. My mind is made up for Elite i20, Asta CRDi for a fat 9 OTR. I loved Zest, but somehow Elite pulled at the heartstrings. One evening, after negotiating the cops successfully, was heading home, discussing with a friend whom I picked up midway, on the car and the pain etc, and we thought of checking the Ciaz as well. I was not sure whether i would go for it, but still thought to give it a try. I did go through the official review on Team-bhp and did not find anything pathbreaking or aspirational. My apprehension was that it will be same like City, noisy engine, very average interior trims, but was sure that it can't be as ghastly as the new City with its Chrome Mustache. Can someone, please kick the designer and tell him that people are getting killed for far less. Anyhow, I reached the showroom and there it was in all its glory in Glistening Gray. It was not exactly love at first sight but, it did feel warm somewhere, might be a bad HVAC, I dont know. I sat in the captain's seat, it was a good feeling, this oozes luxury (mind you, I am coming from a Estilo), the faux wood trim adds to that feeling of luxury. All in all, I was happy, but apprehensive at the same time as to whether it will fit the budget. I always wanted to go with the top level trim with not only all bells and whistles but balloons (Airbags) and other safety features as well. The ZDI was way over my budget, VDI+ was in a striking distance at 10.06 on road. Still unsure, bid my good nights to the Sales Associate and was on my way. This was Thursday. Got a call next day from SA telling me that they have a VDI+ on way from the Maruti plant and can be handed over in 15 days time, but you will have to book it today and make the payments before end of November. Why so hurry ? sir, "we also have targets to meet". This was not the first time i am hearing this, but this time it was way more polite. I told the SA that I will let him know. I was still inclined towards the Elite i20 Asta. Call from elder brother, "so you decided to get a car" I told him my predicament, but he was clear, go get yourself the Ciaz. Called the Hyundai dealer, how soon can you deliver the car ? Not before Feb 2015, max. I was in no mood to wait. Called Maruti, booked a test ride. The test drive sealed it. In the cabin, car is silent, period. Its unlike City's IDTec which was really noisy. The ciaz might not have the instant power but it does not disappoint too much if you are willing to make some compromises. I was happy with the car overall. But, if i have to wait well into December, I might as well wait till January 2015 and try to get a 2015 car, told as much to the SA. Sir, please wait, i will get back to you. Got a call back from SA, sir we have a car in our Yard in the color you wish (Glistening Grey) in the trim you wish (VDI+). Somewhere, the bells starts ringing. Really, are you serious ? are you serious ? are you serious ? are you nuts ?

Reached showroom in the evening, sat across the table with the SA, the conversation;

Me: Whats the catch ?
SA: Excuse me ?
Me: Till yesterday it was taking 15 days, today its here, does it grow wings ?
SA: No Sir, we have one car in stock.
Me: Is it the same which was in the showroom ?
SA: Sir, that was ZXI.
Me: OK. Is it a display vehicle, is it used as test drive vehicle.
SA: No sir, its mint condition new car. You can check yourself.
Me: You know who am I ? I am a member of Team-Bhp !! I can see through your mischievous design. Come you out with the Truth. Now !!
SA: Sir, please check for yourself, i will get the car in showroom tomorrow.
Me: No. you won't. I will see it as is where is, that means in the yard itself.
SA: Ok. As you wish. I will get it ready.
Me: No I want to see it with all the dirt and grim. Wait, ok, get it cleaned.

And so we parted.

Reached the yard at agreed hour, with the PDI checklist from Team-Bhp along with the offspring in tow. There it was, center of attention in the service center. First thing, opened the bonnet, checked the manufacturing date, it was KE (October 2014). The car looks new with all the plastic seat covers etc in place, no dirt in the engine bay, tires do not show any wearing off, neither does the ABC pedals, no Bluetooth paired in the unit. I was satisfied, but why the October manufacturing date (someone please tell me its fine). I was happy with the car and am close to sure that its not used/old vehicle. Gave my go ahead to the SA.

In the meantime, ICICI approved my loan, within 24 hours, and asked for details of the dealer for disbursal. I was not very happy with the No prepayment clause. Told the SA that I am talking with IDBI for car loan, but they will take a weeks time for the paperwork, so cant do it before November 30. Sir, please wait for 5 minutes. Got a call from dealer, this time their finance guy, sir would you be comfortable with SBI ? Me: Yes i would be, but then the loan processing will take a month or two and the kind of documents they ask for is amazing, might as well give them my annual medical exam reports stating that both the kidneys are in place and sale worthy! Dealer Finance guy: Dont worry sir, please collect all your documents which you gave to ICICI and reach the xyz branch, rest is taken care of. Ha ha ha, you know today is Saturday, and last time i went to a govt. bank on Saturday, I had to fight with the security guard, and only managed to save myself due to strong legs. How dare you even thought of coming to bank on a Saturday?? Dealer Fiance Guy: Sir, the branch manager will call you. So he did. It was a shock, the loan was cleared in 3 hours flat. No there is no typo error, it still read 3 hours flat, with a good ROI, processing fee waived off, no prepayment charges. "Sir you can repay the loan tomorrow if you wish, without any penalty." Yeah sure, the tree in my house only have ten rupee notes yet, let it grow to 1000.

I asked the loan guy, his answer " sir, we have targets to meet" Me happy. Targets are not that bad after-all.

All set, to take the delivery of Car on Friday. So in a weeks time, I managed to dodge traffic cops, 14 times and landed myself a new car with loan from SBI. Isn't it surreal ?

Took leave from office, took a AC bus to the nearest junction for dealer, idea was to take a rick for rest of the journey, which should be about 3 km, but no one was ready. So armed with the customer docket under one arm, started my road march. While halfway and panting, someone honked from behind, the entire road is empty and this tin head is still honking. Kept on walking. Again, honk and this time the car was biting at my legs. What the F#$%. Sir, please sit. Am i being kidnapped ? No sir, I am from Automotive, this is our test drive car, please sit. So I did, thanking him profusely and impressed at the same time. How did you know, i am going to Automotive ? sir, from the docket you are carrying.

Reached the dealer in time, got the documentation completed, checked the car again, noticed a nick near front door, brought to notice of SA, will be taken care during first Service, customary pooja and some dakshina to pandit ji, collected the fuel coupon, said my thanks to the SA and was on my way.

Zen made way for Ciaz in the parking. My car cleaning cum watchman is also very happy. Why. "Sahab ab bada gaadi dhoenge to paisa bhi toh zyada lenge"

Drive so far:

Driven about 300 km till date.

Fit and Finish: The plastic quality is good. No uneven gaps. Instrument panel with white light looks classy. Umpteen storage space. Under dashboard storage with soft closing keeps the knick knacks hidden and helps maintain a Swatch cabin.

Engine and Refinement: Top class. every one, and I mean every one, who sat in the car or driven the car agrees that it does not feel like a diesel engine. No dearth of pull power, though still in running in period, did a sprint to 120 flat in a distance of about 400 meters.

Fuel Efficiency: When last checked the average consumption is showing 19.3 kmpl with AC on all the time. I would rather wait to do my own calculation on fill up to fill up.

Braking: Good. A bit more bite would not have been out of place, still its good. The ABS does its work diligently.

Climate Control: Works like a charm. Cools the cabin in no time. The rear vent is helpful and works.

Handling and Steering: Steering weighs up nicely on speed. Drive on highway stretches (Thane-Belapur, Palm beach road and Eastern expressway) inspires confidence. Minimal rolling. Car remains planted on curves at normal speed.

Connectivity and Audio: Audio is good, though a little shrill for my liking, I think will do some tweaks in Bass and treble. Read from USB, AUX effortlessly. In Bluetooth, audio quality remains good, voice clarity on the other end is also good, no echo, and since the cabin is silent, ambient noise also don't interfere. No voice commands for call in the VDI+ trim. Though the phonebook is available but needs too many steps to make call. Only using to take calls, making calls from phone is easier than going through the unit. Button quality is good, same can't be said about power windows control, neither are they illuminated in night except driver window. I did manage to give the SA a feel of cut throat competition, while he was showing me the controls, his head was inside the window, rest of his body was still soaking sun, when i decided to check the power windows control He is still alive, but now he dont give demo.

Boot: My son want to travel only in the boot, along with his friends, who are as willing. There will still be some space left for the luggage, its that big.

Drive: BMC would not be happy looking at happy faces of ciaz owners, gliding over strategically placed potholes. But, they would still be pinning their hopes on Monsoon, "potholes, try to find the road first." Till date, the underbelly has not come into contact with tarmac or any other surface, despite the manmade geographical abrasions, which they call speed breakers. Thanks to ample ground clearance.

Bells and Whistles: Parking sensor is good, no visual cues though, only audio (beeps). ORVM: a size small, IRVM: average, not autochromatic. Electric boot release is useful. Doors auto locks at speed of 20 kmph, can be adjusted.

Presence: Its is a big car. Actually big. The stance, is low which helps the stability.

Accessories: 3D Mats (dealer), seat cover - art leather from Orchis, steering cover in pure leather - Orchis.

Verdict: Am i happy, sure I am. The best part was, when I took a strategic pit stop to check the tire pressure, where two gentleman from the traffic law enforcement, who I am now well acquainted with, due to our recent past involving a certain RJ registered vehicle came forward to check out the car. They looked at me, and the car, and me again and then "nayyi gaadi?" Me: Gaadi toh theek hai, number naya hai.

I have not driven the vehicle extensively and hence there would be some good and not so good aspect of the machine which will come to fore, but as of now, I am pretty puffed up with my new acquisition and ciaz is not letting me down either. Planning for a longish trip, will update whenever that materializes. The NH8 trip to Udaipur is certainly on cards, but will have to wait till Holi.

Apologies, not enough photos, will upload some on ASAP.

Thanks for bearing the gibberish.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-imag0199.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-imag0201.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-imag0202.jpg  

Rajuputana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 16:36   #516
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajuputana View Post
Congrats! Everything (car, finance) fall in line with you so easily! Enjoyed your witty writing as well. Any comparison with your short listed cars?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th December 2014 at 17:03.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 16:52   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Rajputana

Congrats!!

The Car looks stunning but loved the way you have penned down your review.

Extremely witty and inspite of a hectic schedule in office, I had a huge smile after reading this "fresh" review.

Wish you many happy miles and smiles with your Ciaz!!
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 17:05   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Congrats! Everything (car, finance) falls in line with you so easily! Enjoyed your witty writing as well. Any comparison with your short listed cars?
Thanks Romeomidhun. Indeed, sometimes things just fall in place. I did not do any formal comparison, it was just the gut feeling and feeling of the lightness on pocket which were main consideration. I would have gone for Verna, one of my dear friend have it, and it was always on the shortlist, but with new Verna on the horizon didn't want to buy a car which will become old per se within two to three months, on that i was told by the dealer that the 1.4 CX version which would have been in reach, has been discontinued, didn't help either. The City was a let down for me, with the NVH level and very basic trim, the quality seems to have gone down and on that the horrendous looking chrome, it was too much to bear. So, it all zeroed down to Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@Rajputana

Congrats!!

The Car looks stunning but loved the way you have penned down your review.

Extremely witty and inspite of a hectic schedule in office, I had a huge smile after reading this "fresh" review.

Wish you many happy miles and smiles with your Ciaz!!
Thanks Arnabchak.
Old 9th December 2014, 17:37   #519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Glistening Grey Ciaz VDI+ comes home
Many congratulations! Looks like the first Ciaz ownership on the forum? Please start an ownership thread. Would be delighted to go through an individual owner’s perspective of the Ciaz. I am not sure if the deliveries are pending or the response from the crowd is lukewarm but I was barely able to spot 3-4 Ciazs here in Surat over the last 2 months.

Quote:
Me: You know who am I ?
Old 9th December 2014, 17:50   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Many congratulations! Looks like the first Ciaz ownership on the forum? Please start an ownership thread. Would be delighted to go through an individual owner’s perspective of the Ciaz. I am not sure if the deliveries are pending or the response from the crowd is lukewarm but I was barely able to spot 3-4 Ciaz here in Surat over the last 2 months.

Thanks Gannu. I agree, not many Ciaz are seen on the road, I didn't see any myself during my daily commute of 70 Km from Navi Mumbai to Mumbai, not sure why. As for the ownership thread, I being a newbie on the forum, thought of playing it safe, stuck in some corner!!. But would be glad, if i can hive off the post onto a ownership thread.
Old 9th December 2014, 19:14   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the glistening ride Rajputana. Wishing you many miles of happiness.

Quote:
I almost fell off my chair in office reading your 'gibberish'. I will be hooked to your ownership report just for your style of writing.
Old 10th December 2014, 01:01   #522
BHPian

Quote:

Your gibberish post made me do a crazy thing today.

Im about to logout from office when I came across your post. Read it till the SHOVE and got glued. A call from home forced me to stop. I need to reach home and unwillingly shutdown the laptop and started home. I got stuck at a traffic signal which gave me 60 secs of idle time. The disappointment of not reading your post completely gave way to a new thought. Immediately accessed your post on mobile and copied PUSH section onwards to Talk app (text to voice app) and let it played on voice while driving back home.

Awesome post mate. Enjoyed a lot reading knock knock, i should say listening to your post.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:06   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wonderful short review. Please pen a separate thread and post a few more pictures. It will be good to hear from the owners about the latest launch in the country. This and the Fiesta have a dearth of reviews in the forum.

Wishing you many more happy miles of driving
Old 10th December 2014, 09:21   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats on the glistening ride Rajputana. Wishing you many miles of happiness.

I almost fell off my chair in office reading your 'gibberish'. I will be hooked to your ownership report just for your style of writing.
@ Uday.ere: Glad you like it. Let me see if I can put enough words together for an ownership thread, will do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Your gibberish post made me do a crazy thing today.

Im about to logout from office when I came across your post. Read it till the SHOVE and got glued. A call from home forced me to stop. I need to reach home and unwillingly shutdown the laptop and started home. I got stuck at a traffic signal which gave me 60 secs of idle time. The disappointment of not reading your post completely gave way to a new thought. Immediately accessed your post on mobile and copied PUSH section onwards to Talk app (text to voice app) and let it played on voice while driving back home.

Awesome post mate. Enjoyed a lot reading knock knock, i should say listening to your post.
@ MrBaddy: Well, that's new. I would love to give the "read out: a try myself. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Wonderful short review. Please pen a separate thread and post a few more pictures. It will be good to hear from the owners about the latest launch in the country. This and the Fiesta have a dearth of reviews in the forum.

Wishing you many more happy miles of driving
@ SchumiFan: Thanks. Its kind of strange that no one else on the forum have got their respective Ciaz delivered yet, or may be they have, but are reluctant to share some nuggets off their experience, or may be people are waiting for the new year, anyways, i will try and post as many relevant details as possible from my experience on the new car.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:38   #525
BHPian

@rajputana - What a review! You have to write a detailed ownership post and even some travelogues. It was a joy to read you review. I think the Ciaz may have not started deliveries in the earnest and hence the low visibility on the roads. Also, people may be waiting to get their cars registered in the new year instead of the end of the year. Wait till Jan/Feb and you'd see a lot more of her siblings on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks