Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 13:35   #616
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Okay so that makes sense. I was wondering if I should go for the underbody and paint protection offered by my dealer at the time of booking my car. They were quoting 7.5K for that. Although I doubt they will use original 3M Teflon. I'm a bit confused in this.
Old 12th January 2015, 14:08   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Okay so that makes sense. I was wondering if I should go for the underbody and paint protection offered by my dealer at the time of booking my car. They were quoting 7.5K for that. Although I doubt they will use original 3M Teflon. I'm a bit confused in this.
I heard from the dealer that they use MGA teflon polish. I am very sorry to have got this done on my car because it caused swirl marks all over the body which was visible in bright light. In the end I had to take the car to a professional paint shop and get the whole body buffed to bring back the shine. The dealer bore the cost for this. So I feel the risk of going for a teflon polish is not worth taking on a new car.
Underbody coating is really not required because the car already is sprayed with sealants. But I got it done anyway as I do on all my cars just for the additional layer of protection. I do not feel it will give any additional benefits.

Last edited by alphahere : 12th January 2015 at 14:11.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 15:31   #618
BHPian

I am not sure whether this has been covered in the review section, so here it is what I found to my surprise in the glove compartment when I gave it for service. A remote for the audio system.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150112_091513.jpg

The rear view mirror adjusting nob is so flimsy that it came off the console this morning. Too early for things to start falling apart.

Was hoping that it will happen only after 30000km. Got to live with it, after all a machine.

Last edited by Visaster : 12th January 2015 at 15:33.
Old 12th January 2015, 16:23   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
The rear view mirror adjusting nob is so flimsy that it came off the console this morning. Too early for things to start falling apart
D you mean the one used for Left -Idle-Right knob that controls the ORVMs? I initially thought of the IRVM and was not clear as it had no knobs attached. If it is the ORVM control knob then I suppose the Maruti ASS might replace it.
Old 12th January 2015, 16:26   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to disable the O/D Off button on the automatic gear lever? Our driver somehow always manages to press it accidently.
Also, how does one activate the hidden menu to set the door unlock when the car is turned off?

My car is due for it's very service at 1000km, what exactly is covered in this ?
Old 12th January 2015, 17:03   #621
BHPian

Another feature that was not mentioned in the review and not really publicized in the brochure is that the Z and higher versions come with pretensioners on the front seatbelts. It was a surprise when I noted the word "PRE" mentioned on the tag next to the seatbelt mechanism. Do not know if any of the V variants have this. My guess is that airbag equipped versions have it.Other manufacturers mention this specifically in their ads if their vehicles have it.
Old 12th January 2015, 20:10   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Thanks for sharing. I was wondering about the bumper or door protectors....
The bumper protector are stuck with 3m tape. I am not sure if new tape can be stuck to the original protectors or brand new ones are needed. Dint really think about this:-D maybe people who experienced 3m tape on metal body can throw some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Congrats on your new car. Wish you many happy miles. Thanks for sharing these nice pics. Did you do any paint protection/underbody at the time of delivery. If yes then howmuch did it cost. Will wait for a review soon.
I got underbody coating done by the dealer, not sure which brand it was but it comes with 3 years warranty and costed me 3k rupees. I am interested in doing a paint protection job but difficult to get good detailers in Goa, still hunting around.

It will be difficult for me to maintain a ownership thread since this is dad's car and i Will be preoccupied with work,but will try and see what i can wring out:-D
Old 12th January 2015, 21:07   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The bumper protector are stuck with 3m tape. I am not sure if new tape can be stuck to the original protectors or brand new ones are needed. Dint really think about this:-D maybe people who experienced 3m tape on metal body can throw some light.
How much did you pay for the bumper protector? From your image it doesn't look body coloured, is there any option for that?
Old 12th January 2015, 21:23   #624
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
The stock 15 inch alloys that I got were printed with 5J. I do not know if I misread it or what. And they looked thin too. Cannot check it out now cos its no longer with me. Would you be able to provide what is the offset value of the stock rims if possible?
It's 5 1/2 J which looks like 5J on the sticker. Not sure of the offset , will try and check.

Quote:
I heard from the dealer that they use MGA teflon polish. I am very sorry to have got this done on my car because it caused swirl marks all over the body which was visible in bright light. In the end I had to take the car to a professional paint shop and get the whole body buffed to bring back the shine. The dealer bore the cost for this. So I feel the risk of going for a teflon polish is not worth taking on a new car.
Underbody coating is really not required because the car already is sprayed with sealants. But I got it done anyway as I do on all my cars just for the additional layer of protection. I do not feel it will give any additional benefits.

Even my car had swirl marks all over on delivery day. The idiots at the dealers park the vehicles at the stockyard for so many days and then just wipe off the dust accumulated on delivery day. I tried removing them myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I am not sure whether this has been covered in the review section, so here it is what I found to my surprise in the glove compartment when I gave it for service. A remote for the audio system.

Attachment 1327268

The rear view mirror adjusting nob is so flimsy that it came off the console this morning. Too early for things to start falling apart.

Was hoping that it will happen only after 30000km. Got to live with it, after all a machine.

Just remembered there is a remote not sure on where is it now. Have to check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is there a way to disable the O/D Off button on the automatic gear lever? Our driver somehow always manages to press it accidently.

Also, how does one activate the hidden menu to set the door unlock when the car is turned off?

My car is due for it's very service at 1000km, what exactly is covered in this ?

Sahil , there are instructions in the manual , somehow I didn't do them right. Asked the MASS to change settings for me during first service

While I haven't done the door unlock feature , but I have changed the settings of the footwell lights which used to remain on whenever parking lights / headlights were on. I have to changed them to remain on only when I open the doors / switch off ignition.

Also changed the lane change indicator to blink 4 times instead of the default 3 times. I rarely use the turn indicators now , it's the lane change tap on the stalk that's sufficient

First service is more about general checkup. Mine took less than 2 hours which included concealing the DVR cables inside the dashboard.

Last edited by speedsatya : 12th January 2015 at 21:24.
Old 12th January 2015, 22:58   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, I got a TD today of the ZDi version. Have to say, I am IMPRESSED! The TD car had done 6600 kms and there was NOT a single squeak!! We went for TD in a really battered road, went at some decent speed thru those and loved the way the suspension behaved - super silent.

What I loved
  • Peppy engine - this gains speed quickly, raises thru the RPMs (3K) without any hesitation.
  • Turbo thrust - after 2500 rpm; memories of the Swift D is back.
  • Silent cabin - though you can hear the engine when revved hard, doesn't sound like a diesel. The engine is almost silent when driven neatly.
  • Suspension - soaks up well, and silent too
  • Quality - quite ok for the price; especially when compared to City. As said, NOT a single squeak in 6600 kms say it's screwed in well too.
  • Space - Quite a lot of space
  • Gear throw - Loved the short stick and the shift quality too. I do NOT mind keep shifting the gear, just so that I can grab the stick.
  • Front seat - those offered good support.

What I didn't like
  • Those cheap power window / window lock / electric mirror buttons!! Maruti - for heaven sake, please find a better quality part! It looks extremely out of place right from the previous gen Swift!
  • Under thigh support - I am 6'2" and there are hardly any cars that satisfy me - Safari / Storme being the best out there.
  • Horizontal movement - Felt a bit of horizontal movement when going thru bad roads.
  • Boot metal thickness - this is a piece of aluminium foil (exaggerated) shaped into a boot door - felt pathetic against rest of the car. And the lack of cladding on the inside of the boot door.
I personally think that this car can surely keep the ladies in the family comfortable and happy, in the rear seat. This car makes a lot of sense at the price offered. If I was in the market, I most probably would have picked this up against a City (yet to drive one, but has been driven and I don't like the premium positioning of this product). As I wrote earlier, Honda has lost the focus on quality and I ain't gonna pay for their "halo" feeling. Damn the brand, I believe in product! Gimme a product worth the money - I'll pick it; doesn't matter whether it's Indian, Korean, Japanese or American!

And looks like the demand has slowed down; I was told that the dealer (Popular, Kottayam) has almost all variants / colors in stock! The guy somehow didn't want to accept that the shipment numbers have been coming down progressively.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th January 2015 at 23:10.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 10:10   #626
BHPian

Quote:
1. Turn ignition to "ON" with engine off.
2. Set the display to show odo first (not AFE or Range)
3. Keep the right side stalk on the meter console pressed till "door" appears. Release the stalk.
4. Press the right stalk once more to enter "door" function.
5. Turn the right stalk clockwise slightly with 2 fingers till "d3" displays(not tilt it). You can feel it click like a button.
6. Press the right stalk to enter "d3" menu.
7. Turn the right stalk till "SL2" (for automatic transmission) or "SL3" displays.
8. Press the right stalk to save it. You are done. The door should unlock automatically when ignition is switched off.

If "SL1" is saved the doors do not unlock automatically when ignition is switched off. I have enabled the auto unlock function in this way on my ZDi. It was disabled by default.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 10:53   #627
Team-BHP Support

Guys, the owner's manual is available online. Download it and keep it for reference sakes - Link
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 11:21   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
D you mean the one used for Left -Idle-Right knob that controls the ORVMs?
Yeah I am talking about the controls, its not broken but the knob is snap fit, you pull it and off it comes and you can snap back in. I am not sure it is designed like that or my switch is broken. Happened only after I got it back from first service. Damn these service guys. Every time I go to A.S.S. I end up fighting with some one for manhandling/roughing the car.

Quote:
They basically do nothing. They stand far and see whether any manufacturing defect, oil leak, all screws in place, no niggles, supposedly top up fluids, wash the car, dirty the interiors and give it back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
The bumper protector are stuck with 3m tape. maybe people who experienced 3m tape on metal body can throw some light.

I got underbody coating done by the dealer, not sure which brand it was but it comes with 3 years warranty and costed me 3k rupees.
3M tapes on a long run does not come off easily, it is close to impossible to remove the residue that, you have to end up painting. The bumper protector most commonly gets damaged by the time you remove it.
How much did you pay for it? Can we have a clearer image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

What I loved

What I didn't like

I personally think that this car can surely keep the ladies in the family comfortable and happy, in the rear seat. This car makes a lot of sense at the price offered.
And looks like the demand has slowed down.
You are bang on right at every point you have mentioned both the refinement and the flaws, how happy it keeps the whole family, easy on the pocket and sad brand value. Sales have dipped big time, discounts to flow in another 3 months.

Last edited by Visaster : 13th January 2015 at 11:22.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 13:02   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Turn ignition to "ON" with engine off.
2. Set the display to show odo first (not AFE or Range)
3. Keep the right side stalk on the meter console pressed till "door" appears. Release the stalk.
4. Press the right stalk once more to enter "door" function.
5. Turn the right stalk clockwise slightly with 2 fingers till "d3" displays(not tilt it). You can feel it click like a button.
6. Press the right stalk to enter "d3" menu.
7. Turn the right stalk till "SL2" (for automatic transmission) or "SL3" displays.
8. Press the right stalk to save it. You are done. The door should unlock automatically when ignition is switched off.

If "SL1" is saved the doors do not unlock automatically when ignition is switched off. I have enabled the auto unlock function in this way on my ZDi. It was disabled by default.
Damn, that's some complicated stuff. Wonder why couldn't they just create a simple menu that can be operated from the steering buttons.
How do I reset the time?
Old 13th January 2015, 13:09   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Damn, that's some complicated stuff. Wonder why couldn't they just create a simple menu that can be operated from the steering buttons.
How do I reset the time?
If you feel that's complicated, see bluetooth operational setting.
This is the place where having a LCD display makes things user friendly.

Adjust the clock by fiddling around the 2 knobs on the speedometer console, one of it can be twisted.

Hope they do something about this rear view mirror auto fold. I am having a tough time to switch off the A/C, then the fan, then audio system, then mirror and then the door unlock button, every time I get off the car and the same routine when I get in. What a pain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks