Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2015, 14:02   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Hope they do something about this rear view mirror auto fold. I am having a tough time to switch off the A/C, then the fan, then audio system, then mirror and then the door unlock button, every time I get off the car and the same routine when I get in. What a pain
Why is that? When you press the Stop button to shut down the engine won't the blower and HU turn off? And when you press the button on the door handle, the car locks itself folding the mirrors. Doesn't it work this way?
Old 14th January 2015, 00:17   #632
BHPian

Quote:
They basically do nothing. They stand far and see whether any manufacturing defect, oil leak, all screws in place, no niggles, supposedly top up fluids, wash the car, dirty the interiors and give it back to you.

3M tapes on a long run does not come off easily, it is close to impossible to remove the residue that, you have to end up painting. The bumper protector most commonly gets damaged by the time you remove it.
How much did you pay for it? Can we have a clearer image?

Ha! Ha!! Absolutely right Visaster. Especially the last part about dirtying the interior.

I had fitted new door and bumper protectors on my Nano. They fell off the next day while parked in the garage (luckily). I got the old tape cleaned off the protectors (not easy) and the doors (easier) with thinner and restuck with 3M tape. No problem after that.
Old 14th January 2015, 00:28   #633
BHPian

Quote:

3M tapes on a long run does not come off easily, it is close to impossible to remove the residue that, you have to end up painting. The bumper protector most commonly gets damaged by the time you remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much did you pay for the bumper protector? From your image it doesn't look body coloured, is there any option for that?
I paid 590 rs for the set of 4 bumper protectors. One can paint it to match the body color. I'll put some clear pics of the protectors soon:-)

Have covered about 350km till now, haven't pushed the engine yet but it feels eager to gallop as soon as i reach 2000rpm.Mileage figures are about 17.2kmpl on the MID, will do the tank full method to get a proper reading.The car behaves splendidly on bad roads, something that was found wanting in our prev gen Honda city.NVH is good compared to the new city.

slight irritants noticed are:
1. first with regards to the paint, since this car was lying uncovered at the dealer for 3 months , couple of swirl marks can be spotted, dealer promised to remove them but i feel he has only applied a wax coat without polishing it first. these marks can be removed with a good polish but dealers should take little more care especially with black colored vehicles.

2. Slight squeaking sounds can be heard coming from the drivers side dashboard, squeaks are faint and occur only on rough roads bit for a 350km car to develop any squeak however small is really annoying. Will hope that they disappear.

3. headlights definitely need a bulb upgrade especially the high beam. Throw and intensity is not up to the mark. will look at 90/100 bulbs after a couple of months.

With the SUV/pseudo SUV bug having bitten many Indians, including us we were thinking of waiting for the duster competing sx4 cross or the ix25.But thinking logically the ciaz at 10.7 lakhs on road meets most of my dads needs at a price point that will definitely be cheaper than the upcoming crossver SUV.
Hopefully maruti aggressively markets the ciaz and moderates its servicing cost(labor),which is making Ford and Honda seem cheaper.

Mods please merge my back to back post!

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th January 2015 at 02:20.
Old 14th January 2015, 12:38   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Why is that? When you press the Stop button to shut down the engine won't the blower and HU turn off? And when you press the button on the door handle, the car locks itself folding the mirrors. Doesn't it work this way?
Sure it will turn off if the engine switch is killed but then, I don't like to load the car on start with the music system and AC starting along.
I always turn it on only after few minutes of driving, its something I developed in my previous car with a fully loaded ICE.
The autofold of IRVM is a big miss even after having a motorized folding feature, works only on pressing the button and when the car is running.
Old 14th January 2015, 15:09   #635
BHPian

Just an update guys: The ZXI+ version (With Touch screen) is now being dispatched and hence available. I changed my booking from ZXI (Options) to ZXI+ today.
Abhiram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 16:21   #636
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How much did you pay for the bumper protector? From your image it doesn't look body coloured, is there any option for that?
Couple of close up pictures. Body colored protectors gel well with the car, but on our car it doesn't make much of a difference.Dealer will paint the protectors for you at an extra cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-pic01.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-pic02.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-pic03.jpg  

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 14th January 2015 at 16:25.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 17:13   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Couple of close up pictures. Body colored protectors gel well with the car, but on our car it doesn't make much of a difference.Dealer will paint the protectors for you at an extra cost.
Same pinch Asked them to paint it as shown in the brochure catalogue however they do not paint the bumper protectors as the paint does not stay on the rubber for too long.
Just got the car back from the 1000km service. Asked the advisor if it runs on synthetic oil and he confirmed that it does indeed. Hence the oil will only be changed at 10k.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-image.jpg  

Last edited by Sahil : 14th January 2015 at 17:19.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 22:59   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
Just an update guys: The ZXI+ version (With Touch screen) is now being dispatched and hence available. I changed my booking from ZXI (Options) to ZXI+ today.
Any idea what have they priced it at ?
Old 14th January 2015, 23:34   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Any idea what have they priced it at ?
30k more than zxi option.
Old 15th January 2015, 09:23   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey guys.
I booked a black ZDI ciaz to replace our 2 year 70,000km run honda city. Getting the car on pre excise duty hike rates with free extended warranty.
Wanted the zdi+ variant but maruti dont produce it yet.
Had a tough time choosing between another new petrol honda city, duster ,xuv ,elantra,corolla...will hopefully start a ownership thread.:-)
I see your booking post on 4Jan and new car pics on 12Jan. That's a 8 days delivery process which is quite cool or did you book earlier ? Did you get a 2015 model at PreExcise hike rate ? If yes, I need to talk to my dealer

Quote:
30k more than zxi option.
Thanks !! 30k makes sense. Did your dealer give an approximate time of delivery for the ZXi+ ?

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 15th January 2015 at 09:25.
Old 15th January 2015, 09:47   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks !! 30k makes sense. Did your dealer give an approximate time of delivery for the ZXi+ ?
He has 4 ZXI+'s on the way and was ready to deliver before 22nd. But the colours that were on their way were grey, brown and white. I insisted on my original choice of red and he has promised to deliver it with in 15 days.
Old 15th January 2015, 11:27   #642
BHPian

Quote:
He has 4 ZXI+'s on the way and was ready to deliver before 22nd. But the colours that were on their way were grey, brown and white. I insisted on my original choice of red and he has promised to deliver it with in 15 days.
If you don't mind, can you please share the dealer name? My dealer is vehemently denying on ZXi+ availability.
Old 15th January 2015, 11:57   #643
BHPian

Quote:
If you don't mind, can you please share the dealer name? My dealer is vehemently denying on ZXi+ availability.
NP. 😊

Its Kalyani Motors. It's on the Rind road - Mysore road junction pretty close to my home. My SA's name is Bharat and he's pretty helpful.

Note: Even Bharat was swearing up and down the length of Mysore road during my initial test drive that zxi+ won't be released any time this year despite confirmed reports that it'll be available in second half of Jan. Guess everyone just wants to complete their sale!
Abhiram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 08:44   #644
BHPian

Quote:
I see your booking post on 4Jan and new car pics on 12Jan. That's a 8 days delivery process which is quite cool or did you book earlier ? Did you get a 2015 model at PreExcise hike rate ? If yes, I need to talk to my dealer
Hey . the car was in stock at the dealer since October 2014. So the dealer was eager to push the car out and hence gave me at pre existing rates. Plus free 2 years extended warranty basic accessories.
Booked on 4th jan and got delivery on 9th:-)

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 16th January 2015 at 08:45.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 08:54   #645
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2015 at 09:57.
Abhiram is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks