Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2015, 10:29   #646
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
NP. ��

Its Kalyani Motors. It's on the Rind road - Mysore road junction pretty close to my home. My SA's name is Bharat and he's pretty helpful.
It's funny. I just spoke with the Kalyani motors guys in Mysore road junction and even they are denying on the ZXi+ availability. They say, manufacturing has not started yet. We have no clue when it will be available.
Old 19th January 2015, 07:17   #647
BHPian

Hi guys, i have a problem i am unable to connect Bluetooth in my ciaz vdi+ i went through the manual thrice and followed all the steps, i am unable to find the car audio as mentioned in the manual. please help me. its such a complicated system
Old 19th January 2015, 09:46   #648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi guys, i have a problem i am unable to connect Bluetooth in my ciaz vdi+ i went through the manual thrice and followed all the steps, i am unable to find the car audio as mentioned in the manual. please help me. its such a complicated system
Do delete the 'pairing' from your mobile and retry. What is the error displayed, if any.

If nothing works then is there anyway to reset the HU only? If yes, do reset it and retry.
Old 19th January 2015, 15:57   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
I had the same problem when I tried in the TD car. Even after multiple times it never worked, I wonder why. But in my car it pretty much happened by itself, just tapped the bluetooth on steering, pairing on and searched for it on the phone, added it. Try resetting the audio system.
It streams everything from the phone, just turn the bluetooth on, even in-between calls and immediately the sound comes over the car speakers.
Having audio even from video player to be streamed sure helps to watch phone videos on surround sound. Such a boon feature.

ZDI/VXI(0) model just at 30k extra sure is a good deal, I was initially told the difference will be a minimum of 50k.

Just back from a blissful 1000k drive on traffic jammed highways, loved the way the car performed all through high speeds, bad roads, tight corners, chaotic lanes, crazy braking. Its not a head turner but sure is well appreciated by all groups of people for its size, looks, space, comfort, drive ability and cost factor.

Has anyone installed a video player in the car? I am looking for options to add video display, mostly a tablet. Is anyone else thinking in the same lines, we could share ideas, thanks.
Old 21st January 2015, 15:09   #650
BHPian

Visaster - I had seen the front seat head-rest mounted player with screen that can play USB and SD cards in VW showroom.

I am sure something similar is available in Maruti showroom or in the accessory shop. The VW SA told me it can be connected to the car speakers or you can have headset for that unit.
Old 21st January 2015, 15:47   #651
BHPian

Hello.
The car has done 800 km.Got a mileage reading of 18.9 kmpl using tankfull method. MID was showing 17.9kmpl.... Great mileage figures for a brand new car . Dint push the engine past 3k rpm since dad was running in the engine but dint really baby it also, more or less the normal way we drive with speeds upto 130kmph and quick over takes but making sure we dont breach the 3k rpm mark.

Besides the good mileage , we are really happy with the ride quality, no squeaks and rattles or anything untowardly to report. As the days go by, steadily seeing more ciazs on the road :-D

Edit : have just one gripe with the ciaz( just renumbered :-P ), need to upgrade the headlights to either higher wattage bulbs with relay or a mor expensive option of HID.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 21st January 2015 at 16:06.
Old 21st January 2015, 16:03   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hello.
The car has done 800 km.Got a mileage reading of 18.9 kmpl using tankfull method. MID was showing 17.9kmpl.... Great mileage figures for a brand new car :-P . Dint push the engine past 3k rpm since dad was running in the engine but dint really baby it also, more or less the normal way we drive with speeds upto 130kmph and quick over takes but making sure we dont breach the 3k rpm mark.

Besides the good mileage , we are really happy with the ride quality, no squeaks and rattles or anything untowardly to report. As the days go by, steadily seeing more ciazs on the road :-D
Is yours a diesel?

My AT petrol Ciaz has covered 1400kms now and the MID shows 9.8kmpl, car has been driven under mumbai traffic conditions with AC. I am hoping this will up to 11-12kmpl in the long run.
On the highway the MID showed 14kmpl
Old 21st January 2015, 16:26   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is yours a diesel?

My AT petrol Ciaz has covered 1400kms now and the MID shows 9.8kmpl, car has been driven under mumbai traffic conditions with AC. I am hoping this will up to 11-12kmpl in the long run.
Yes, its s diesel. Forgot to mention.

I am sure your mileage will improve. Have read about the dct new fiesta and city cvt give 11 to 12 in traffic. I am sure, even though the ciaz AT is only a 4 speed box, due to the lighter weight of the car and smaller engine compared to the city and fiesta , should give you about 11-12.

Will you be putting up an ownership thread? Not a single one on the ciaz exist. Since i am very busy and don't have access to the car all the time ( dads personal vehicle) ,it would be difficult foot me to maintain a thread.:-(

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 21st January 2015 at 16:31.
Old 22nd January 2015, 00:59   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is yours a diesel?

Hi Sahil,
These are disappointing figures. I was hoping to see much higher and hope that in due course they will go up. My petrol SX4 AT gives 8 to 8.5 in the city and 13 on the highway so, as of now, no big difference.
Looks like the headlights are also poor (similar to the SX4) as mentioned in another post by Rabo101.
Think I'll hang on to my SX4's for a while.
Regards,
SS
Old 22nd January 2015, 02:06   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post

Will you be putting up an ownership thread? Not a single one on the ciaz exist. Since i am very busy and don't have access to the car all the time ( dads personal vehicle) ,it would be difficult foot me to maintain a thread.:-(
I too don't have access to the car all the time. We bought two of them however it's not for home use, they are being used by the two of our senior management members. I just happen to be stealing the car when one of them is traveling

Hence the FE is a concern as we got to foot the fuel bills
Old 22nd January 2015, 06:24   #656
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the Ciaz launched for the Egyptian market produces 107hp from the 1.4L petrol engine, compared to our 91hp.

Also comes with all black interiors.
Old 22nd January 2015, 09:07   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the Ciaz launched for the Egyptian market produces 107hp from the 1.4L petrol engine, compared to our 91hp.

We are a mileage, chrome and beige-starved customer base, aren't we?
We got what we deserve!
cpbopanna is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:07   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

170 mm of ground clearance raises concerns (due to long wheelbase & soft suspension). Conventionally located fuel tank:

Is that the rear tow hook actually placed ON the Fuel tank? Safety issue? Will it not damage the tank? Or is this a common practice?

Last edited by Stratos : 22nd January 2015 at 11:12. Reason: Quote tag corrected.
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:15   #659
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post

Is that the rear tow hook actually placed ON the Fuel tank? Safety issue? Will it not damage the tank? Or is this a common practice?
The vertical part that you which has the tow hook looks like a protective cover which is connected to the chassis.

The fuel tank would be placed inside that thing. IMO that is like a protective casing.

EDIT : It is the spare wheel well!

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd January 2015 at 11:37.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:30   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

The fuel tank would be placed inside that thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Is that the rear tow hook actually placed ON the Fuel tank? Safety issue? Will it not damage the tank?
Providing a fuel tank there is like giving you a grenade that can detonate itself when someone rear ends the car

Relax mate, that is not the fuel tank, nor is the fuel tank under it. It is the spare tyre well. What lies under the boot is the spare tyre. The hook is connected to the chassis member holding the spare tyre. The fuel tank sits ahead of it, under the seat and either ahead of the rear axle or partly on top of it.. Though the tank does not have any protective cover, it is placed ahead of the spare tyre well to give some sort of protection instead of directly lying below the boot since a rear ending will be tragic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Knowing maruti, we can expect a limited edition with all black interiors BUT with the same detuned engine in a while

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd January 2015 at 11:43.
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks