Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:36   #661
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Relax mate, that is not the fuel tank, nor is the fuel tank under it. It is the spare tyre well.
Oops!

Thanks for the correction. I agree, that's the spare wheel well.
Old 22nd January 2015, 17:50   #662
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi guys, i have a problem i am unable to connect Bluetooth in my ciaz vdi+ i went through the manual thrice and followed all the steps, i am unable to find the car audio as mentioned in the manual. please help me. its such a complicated system
I had the same issue. Solved it by reinitializing bluetooth on the headunit and then trying to pair the phone. Scroll through the menu options on the headunit. There will be an option to reinitialize. On the phone the unit name shows up as "CAR AUDIO" while scanning for devices.
Old 23rd January 2015, 15:41   #663
BHPian

The Z+ option has started coming to dealers in Bangalore. This was seen in the Surakshaa stockyard in electronic city. The prices post excise duty hike will be announced to the dealers in a day or two.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150123_142756.jpg

And this is what the + all about. Rest is all in the Z(O) trim.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150123_142248.jpg

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 23rd January 2015 at 15:47.
abhisheksircar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 15:32   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hello.
MID was showing 17.9kmpl....
Edit : have just one gripe with the ciaz( just renumbered :-P ), need to upgrade the headlights to either higher wattage bulbs with relay or a mor expensive option of HID.
I am getting the same mileage, have not pushed the car yet.
I am really wondering why you are having a problem with the headlight. The illumination in mine is amazing the coverage with the fog lamps illuminates the whole area and can manage high speeds even on roads without street light. May be you should try focusing the head lamp.
I have plans of getting some bluish white lights (xenon like), lets see how that turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
The Z+ option has started coming to dealers in Bangalore. The prices post excise duty hike will be announced to the dealers in a day or two.
Yeah the + have started reaching the dealership, not yet launched with price details though. I would love to have those integrated display than after market if its priced less than 30K.

I had plans of starting an ownership thread but the effort involved is a little too much with my work schedule, so will be active on this thread itself.
Old 25th January 2015, 01:02   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I am getting the same mileage, have not pushed the car yet.
I am really wondering why you are having a problem with the headlight. The illumination in mine is amazing the coverage with the fog lamps illuminates the whole area and can manage high speeds even on roads without street light. May be you should try focusing the head lamp.
I have plans of getting some bluish white lights (xenon like), lets see how that turns out.
I find the high beam throw and intensity to be poor. Low beam seems alright. Its an issue about being able to see potholes and other objects 15 to 25 meters ahead, which the high beam just lacks.Had put 90/100 bulbs in all my other cars so i guess i am used to that brighter set up.
Tried focusing , still no difference. Checked another ciaz at night and found the same result:-)

Its difficult to put higher wattage bulbs due to lack of ready made H7 wiring relay kits and scarce supply of 100 watt h7 bulbs.
Will try and source the individual holders, relays , wires and assemble my own kit:-D .Skipping HID for now, maybe down the line will upgrade to xenons.

Regarding white bulbs of same wattage, i dont feel they are worth it, looks good but not very practical. Had put 90/100 white bulbs(Phillips essential vision) in my honda city, besides the cool look i felt the yellowish same wattage bulbs(Phillips rally 4300k) illuminated better :-)

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 25th January 2015 at 01:04.
Old 25th January 2015, 13:17   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz Z+ Variant now released officially and seen in the updated MS homepage..

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-homepage173.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th January 2015 at 13:19.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2015, 15:02   #667
BHPian

Quote:
I have plans of getting some bluish white lights (xenon like)
Please don't do that. I have tried them and they are utterly usrless. Visibility drops by at least 30% compared to the OEM bulbs, and by 50% compared to an upgraded 90/100 setup.
Also, its too much for the commuters coming from the opposite side.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2015, 23:19   #668
BHPian

Maruti had priced Z+ versions at 60k premium than the Z versions.

At Chennai the prices work out to be:

ZDi+: Rs.10,83,948/- (ZDi: Rs. 10,20,817/- )
VXi+: Rs. 8,20,868/- (Vxi: Rs: 7,62,332/-)

The difference seems to HU, 16" Alloy and Navigation. Also while browsing the feature observed that there is no Audio CD playing feature in Z+ version. Not sure it is a mistake in Maruti website

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz.jpg
AshBabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2015, 23:50   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
or otherwise 22k more than the ZX(O) which is quite well priced for the HU. Will hate the taxes on it though.

Quote:
The difference seems to HU, 16" Alloy and Navigation.
Alloy (16 Inch), Leather Upholstery, Some more bling and the HU.

Quote:
Also while browsing the feature observed that there is no Audio CD playing feature in Z+ version. Not sure it is a mistake in Maruti website
I don't think it's a mistake. The smartplay demo does not show CD/DVD as a source. It's all on an USB/SD drive.

Name:  HU.png
Views: 12629
Size:  264.9 KB
Old 25th January 2015, 23:54   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
/-)

The difference seems to HU, 16" Alloy and Navigation. Also while browsing the feature observed that there is no Audio CD playing feature in Z+ version. Not sure it is a mistake in Maruti website
]
Not sure wrt which variant you are comparing, whether it is the VXi+ or Zxi.

The Zxi+ comes with the following add one for the premium over Zxi:
16inchers, Leather interiors, audio video and navigation, some chrome bits, the rear sunblind and some other stuff I have missed.

The kind of leather that is provided will cost you 30k upwards if you want the same quality outside. And a decent head unit with navigation will cost another 20k at least. I had expected greater premium and had thought that the Zxi+ will have less takers. But its quite justified Imo.

Yes the AVN unit doesn't have a CD player.

EDIT:Parallel posted. Sorry!
Old 26th January 2015, 16:06   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Tried focusing , still no difference.
Its difficult to put higher wattage bulbs due to lack of ready made H7 wiring relay kits and scarce supply of 100 watt h7 bulbs.
Will try and source the individual holders, relays , wires and assemble my own kit
Just back from a 1000km more critical analysis drive and agree with you the light is not confidence inspiring for high speed at night. Throw is lesser and focused more towards the left.
Is it that difficult to source the upgrade bulb and wiring kit?
Please update as and when you get your stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Please don't do that. I have tried them and they are utterly usrless. Visibility drops by at least 30% compared to the OEM bulbs.
Yeah i am had the same setup on my santro which looked cool inside city but had a tough time on the highways. I better plan other options.
Quote:

At Chennai the prices work out to be:

ZDi+: Rs.10,83,948/- (ZDi: Rs. 10,20,817/- )
VXi+: Rs. 8,20,868/- (Vxi: Rs: 7,62,332/-)
Any idea what is the on road price difference?

Quote:

The Zxi+ comes with the following add one for the premium over Zxi:
16inchers, Leather interiors, audio video and navigation, some chrome bits.
I am not sure how much the on-road price difference is but compared to the ZDi and ZDI plus it was totally not worth the premium, because the tax for 10L+ car is higher.

Review after my third long drive:

The initial pick up of the car is very sedate and the car is not for spirited driving. Most of the time requires down shifting and can never get the initial pull as much as you need. It takes its own time, but it is an amazing cruiser.
It returns a good avg of 22km/hr on diesel with speeds of 90-110km/hr.
The car is smooth and no engine noise even on high speed.
Cabin is well insulated from wind noise on the highway.
Steering feels a light on higher speeds even with a 205/50/16 tire, but manageable ride (not as scary as the Verna)
Audio system, speakers, bluetooth connectivity is worth the money.
Seats are very narrow for my liking.
Headlight is focused towards the left and distance of throw is less.
Already one of cabin light bulb is fused / or the switch is not working.

Last edited by Visaster : 26th January 2015 at 16:29.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 18:29   #672
BHPian

Quote:

It returns a good avg of 22km/hr on diesel with speeds of 90-110km/hr.

but manageable ride (not as scary as the Verna)
The ARAI certifies a FE of 26.xx for Ciaz diesel & 22.xx for my Verna CRDI, a difference of 4.xx km/lit. It seems it does not translates into actual improvement in FE. At speeds of 90-110 km/hr, Verna returns around 21 km/lit. We must trust BHPians more that ARAI certificates. Wonder why ARAI certificates are so inconsistent.

By the way, after upgrading to 205/55/R16 Yoko db series tyres, my Verna is not one bit scary till 120-125 km/hr. Given the road & traffic, while not concerned about FE, I constantly cruise with decent speed with entire family inside. Wife really does not realize the speed for the quietness inside.

Can any one having experienced both diesel Verna & diesel Ciaz comment on NVH of both?

Cheers

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th January 2015 at 18:38.
Old 26th January 2015, 18:33   #673
BHPian

Quote:
My mistake. Yes for petrol versions the difference between ZXi (O) and ZXi plus is 22k. Thanks for pointing this out.

Also noted that the ZDi (O) version has been removed from the price list

Quote:
Any idea what is the on road price difference?
Visaster both ZDi and ZDi+ ex.showroom price now exceeds 10L. So it attracts same higher rate of tax in Chennai. I expect the on road price difference to be about 68-70 k.
AshBabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 19:41   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz Z+ Smartplay systemvideo.

http://www.autocolumn.com/maruti-cia...ched-in-india/
Old 27th January 2015, 09:08   #675
BHPian

The dealer at ABT (chennai) insisted that the plus variants were at least 6 months away - prompting me to purchase the Zxi AT at the beginning of this month. I wonder if it will be possible to install the new touch screen system easily. my concerns are:

1. The "speak" button for the voice activated services on the plus variant is a bluetooth button on the non-plus variant; will this need to be changed ?
2. The reverse cam on the non-plus variant is hooked to a display in the IRVM and it appears it is hooked up to the touch screen unit in the plus variant
3. the information on the newly updated sight seems to suggest the SD card slot is needed for maps and navigation - is this just to load the new maps or is this a permanent requirement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks