Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2015, 09:54   #691
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carophilic View Post
So, MS is basically adding a 7" tablet to the car and charging 27k for it. Hope it has a touchscreen worth the price and is well integrated with other vehicle systems.
MS is actually charging 22k for the HU although I agree for the end user, including excise and all its 27k which I still feel is a good price considering the fact that MapMyIndia's base Dual Din navigation system (ICENAV301) cost around the same price. Should get to know soon if it's worth it or not.
Old 30th January 2015, 11:57   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carophilic View Post
So, MS is basically adding a 7" tablet to the car and charging 27k for it. Hope it has a touchscreen worth the price and is well integrated with other vehicle systems.
It cant be termed as a 7' tablet, though the functionality is the same. If this logic were to be applied,you would get Double Din head units for as less as 5k-10k. However it is not so. The cheapest touchscreen head unit costs 11k and this doesn't have Bluetooth.

The difference lies in the kind of components used. A common tablet isn't designed to withstand the environment of a car where there can be vibrations, high temperatures, and so on. This requires automotive grade components and hence is the price. The touch screen isn't what we can find on the cheapest tablet either. But these are all designed to withstand the environment of a car.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 13:04   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I shall upload a full report this weekend with more pictures and insights. If this needs to be in a different thread, please direct me to where I should be posting.
Use this link below to go to the assembly section of Team BHP. There click the button new topic. A window opens up. Before clicking the button read the two posts.

Announcement: What is the Assembly Line Section about?

Announcement: Team-BHP Rules - Please read before posting

They describe how to post your thread. All the best.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assembly-line/
Old 30th January 2015, 15:00   #694
BHPian

Has anyone information regarding whether we can play video on the integrated player which comes on the + variant?

Scratched my car today collusion with Chennai auto. Damn those idiots.

Anyways coming to its rear view mirrors, its totally inadequate it does not show the whole body of the car to check for clearance and it does not show the outer extreme when you have to change lanes.
It does not close automatically, is such a missed function.
The grey Ciaz is a dust magnet, wash it and within few minutes it starts looking dusty, bliss was to own a silver car.

No comparison to a tablet for the system in Ciaz, but really? automobile grade components are different, I doubt.
Old 31st January 2015, 06:02   #695
BHPian

Just booked my Zdi+ with the following accessories. Any opinions/ suggestions welcome:

Sport Pedals
Door Visor
Side Moulding
Bumper Corner Protector
Rubber Floor Matts
Door Sil Guard

I will also upgrade the 16" tires to Michelin assuming I can find the right size.

Any other recommended accessories? modifications?

Cheers guys!
Old 31st January 2015, 09:25   #696
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Just booked my Zdi+ with the following accessories. Any opinions/ suggestions welcome:

Sport Pedals
Door Visor
Side Moulding
Bumper Corner Protector
Rubber Floor Matts
Door Sil Guard

I will also upgrade the 16" tires to Michelin assuming I can find the right size.
Did you look at MGA list for the accessories you are looking for.

Best for the car IMO.
Old 31st January 2015, 12:31   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Has anyone information regarding whether we can play video on the integrated player which comes on the + variant?
Most required functions of the unit is present here in video. The listen one talks about mp4 and other supported formats that can be played.

Walk Through Videos of the Smart Play System
Old 1st February 2015, 03:52   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Did you look at MGA list for the accessories you are looking for.

Best for the car IMO.
Yes all these are MG Accessories sold at the dealer. I just haven't found any pictures of installed accessories anywhere. Any would be appreciated with feedback
Old 1st February 2015, 05:26   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Yes all these are MG Accessories sold at the dealer. I just haven't found any pictures of installed accessories anywhere. Any would be appreciated with feedback
MGA List Click on the Ciaz link for a PDF with the accessories list along with pictures.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 1st February 2015 at 05:32.
Old 1st February 2015, 18:41   #700
BHPian

Thanks man. I've seen the pdf. I meant on an actual owners car.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:29   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man. I've seen the pdf. I meant on an actual owners car.
That's what I have for now and both are nice.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150201_192302.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150201_192228.jpg
Old 2nd February 2015, 18:21   #702
BHPian

Sanghi motors in Mumbai claims that the illuminated door strips are not available. I wonder why?
Old 4th February 2015, 06:42   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Video works fine. Works only if hand break is engaged. This is how it is in most video players in the market for safety although there is a hack to it. Will try and update.
Old 4th February 2015, 11:04   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I have been following this thread with great enthusiasm but I have noticed that the automatic variant of the Ciaz has received very little coverage. The same holds true across other forums as well.

My purchase of the Ciaz Zxi AT was thus a decision based largely on gut instinct and 3 test drives. Nevertheless, I took delivery of a beige Ciaz Zxi AT on the 4th of January and I've been meaning to share my thoughts on the aspects of the Ciaz that are limited to the AT models ever since.
Hello Reihem and welcome to Team Bhp! Congrats on your purchase of the Ciaz Automatic. Nice to see a fellow Chennai BHPian purchase the Ciaz AT. Please do PM me as I would like to talk to you regarding the car. I am unable to PM you as it says you have chosen not to receive PMs and emails.

Few basic questions though; do you feel the car is sluggish with the 1.4L engine and the 4 speed AT? Have you tried doing higher speeds like 90-100 kmph and how does it accelerate to that speed? How does it feel when cruising? Are you happy with the AC performance? There is no AT Ciaz for TD at 2 of the dealers I checked with, hence the questions.

I thought the front centre armrest was an ergonomic mess as hardly my elbow could rest on it. The one in the new Honda City is really useless, so the Ciaz's is a shade better. Unfortunately I am so used to the convenient foldable driver seat armrest in my 2010 Verna Transform 1.6 petrol SX that this becomes very obvious in any car that does not have a properly designed or positioned armrest. Do PM me! Thanks.

---Venkat
Old 4th February 2015, 11:13   #705
BHPian

Quote:

Scratched my car today collusion with Chennai auto. Damn those idiots.

Anyways coming to its rear view mirrors, its totally inadequate it does not show the whole body of the car to check for clearance and it does not show the outer extreme when you have to change lanes.
It does not close automatically, is such a missed function.
The grey Ciaz is a dust magnet, wash it and within few minutes it starts looking dusty, bliss was to own a silver car.

No comparison to a tablet for the system in Ciaz, but really? automobile grade components are different, I doubt.
You can watch video, BUT only when the handbrake is engaged. Not sure why they have put this feature in but thats how it has been designed.

Most Viewed