Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2015, 01:13   #766
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Here are some snaps from the Ciaz Karnival.

Black ZXi Automatic:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-01-black-zxi-automatic.jpg

The Ciaz in Various Colours:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-02-lineup.jpg

Another One of the Lineup:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-03-lineup-2.jpg

The Large and Spacious Banquet Hall:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-04-banquet-hall.jpg

The Metallic Glistening Grey Ciaz:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-05-glistening-grey-ciaz.jpg

The Ciaz ZXi AT Gear Lever -- Ah Lovely!
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-06-ciaz-zxi-automatic.jpg

Another Shot of the Same:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-07-ciaz-zxi-automatic-2.jpg
VSG12777 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 14:53   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Here are some snaps from the Ciaz Karnival.

Black ZXi Automatic:
Attachment 1342266

The Ciaz in Various Colours:
Attachment 1342267

Another One of the Lineup:
Attachment 1342268

The Large and Spacious Banquet Hall:
Attachment 1342269

The Metallic Glistening Grey Ciaz:
Attachment 1342270

The Ciaz ZXi AT Gear Lever -- Ah Lovely!
Attachment 1342271

Another Shot of the Same:
Attachment 1342272
Does anybody know what is the current booking waiting period for the Ciaz AT VXi+?
Old 22nd February 2015, 20:53   #768
BHPian

Currently dealers are quoting around 6 to 8 weeks for delivery, from the time of booking. They however assure that the car could even be received in a month. This is for both VXi+ and ZXi automatic variants in Chennai.
Old 22nd February 2015, 21:12   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Mileage figures are gradually dropping, presently hovering in the range of 20km/L with average speeds below 110 on highway.

The rear AC vent is a total waste, the blow in it is terrible.

Its up for service, hope the mileage improves.
Visaster, 20kmpl is superb mileage I would say, for such a large car like Ciaz! I drove the diesel some time back and except for the diesel clatter that I just could not stand, I must say the engine was quite responsive. I am not a fan of diesels at all. I love petrol engines. But noise apart, the diesel is nice to drive and apparently it has been tuned so well in the Ciaz. I am hearing excellent fuel efficiency figures from different sources.

Also, after reading your post regarding the rear AC vents in the Ciaz, I went again to the showroom last week to check this out. I had sat in a Ciaz petrol, asked the sales guy to turn on the engine and AC, then shut off the front centre AC vents. Throw from rear vents was ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Exactly and the price difference is too much (2L) between Zxi+ and Zdi+ due to ex showroom price going above 10L. Thinking of changing the booking to Zxi+ now. Current fuel price doesnt justify 2L difference considering my running of 15K per year.

OTR price in bangalore:
ZXI+ - 11.4L
ZDI+ - 13.4L
Arunkk -- Yeah, the ZXi is a nice VFM car. However compared with the City, the engine is not a great performer. The City's 1.5L iVTEC motor is a brilliant unit and will definitely satisfy you more. I recently drove both the automatic City and Ciaz back to back. As for automatic, I would vote for the Ciaz as its torque convertor box is far more responsive than the City's terrible CVT box. Manual transmission tilts the verdict in the favour of the City a bit, but overall as a package, I would vote for the Ciaz as it is spacious, has an excellent AC, all features we need (except maybe cruise control and sunroof) and most of all, comes with the peace of mind of owning a Maruti product (though it is really a Suzuki product). The extra money for the Honda City does not really get you a better built car. The build is still kind of tinny and some cheap plastics inside. Sound insulation is also terrible. The horn can be heard so loudly inside the cabin, almost as if it was installed inside! The Ciaz was much quieter inside. I feel it is the best quality product to come out of the Maruti stable till date. Cannot be compared with Vento and Rapid, Linea etc. Those are in a league of their own.

Quote:
Ciaz does not yet demand the same premium on the road like its competition, if you are opting for petrol I would ask you to check Honda City also. If it is diesel, Ciaz scores way above, but in the petrol segment its a close call.

What is the present waiting period. I guess Ciaz has moved out of the value for money bracket when it started costing more than 10L.
Visaster -- Yes it may be a close call, but the Ciaz has a few very good things going for itself as I had mentioned above. Ultimately though it is personal preference between these 2 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Still there is a difference of more than 1.5L OTR between Ciaz and City top end. I went to two different dealerships in blr for City TD and got disappointed by the arrogant attitude of their sales staff. Also Ciaz is still the VFM option in this segment as compared to City and Verna.

Now there is no waiting period for Ciaz and in Blr even top end i20 costs close to 10L.
Arunkk -- Yes Honda IS arrogant. I felt the same too. Riding high on their brand image or whatever. I personally felt it was not worth so much extra. The Ciaz is definitely a very nice product. Go for it! :-)

Last edited by VSG12777 : 22nd February 2015 at 21:40.
Old 24th February 2015, 11:14   #770
BHPian

Has anyone been able to connect their phone to the DIN unit? I don't mean bluetooth connection which is simple enough. I am trying to connect my HTC One(Think its the same one they use in demo on the official site) through USB and mirrorlink. I tried to switch to car mode and nothing works.

If anyone can help me in getting the phone connected, it would be very helpful. The satnav is terrible to in-city(Bangalore) use.
Old 24th February 2015, 13:09   #771
BHPian

I did a test drive of the Ciaz a few days back and found the car very spacious inside, with a lot of goodies thrown in as well. Quite smart work by Maruti Suzuki folks. I drove the diesel, and perhaps I had got tuned to working my diesel i20 through its gears, I found the car to be somewhat disappointing as far as response is concerned. It needs a bigger engine! I would be happy to consider the car if they bringing in an option with a bigger engine. As of now its a nice roomy car with a weak engine (compared to cars of this size ) ... I havent driven the petrol though.

The doors appeared to be quite thin, perhaps again a smart move to increase internal space. The cabin was quite silent, and the leg room was terrific. Car was quite easy to maneouver in the city traffic too. Overall a good job by Maruti, clearly aimed towards the section of people who wanted the creature comforts a good sedan offered , but with hatchback-like fuel economy.

Last edited by Bigzero : 24th February 2015 at 13:12.
Old 24th February 2015, 17:57   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Arunkk -- Yes Honda IS arrogant. I felt the same too. Riding high on their brand image or whatever. I personally felt it was not worth so much extra. The Ciaz is definitely a very nice product. Go for it! :-)
Thanks VSG. I have changed my booking to Zxi+ and the car has been sent for registration today. Mostly I will be taking the delivery tomorrow.
Old 25th February 2015, 19:40   #773
BHPian

Say hello to the fully loaded ZDI+. Note the accessories in the pictures.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz1.jpeg

Side strip, Bumper protectors, Sun shades and 205/55 R16 Michelin Primacy 3ST Rubber

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz2.jpg

MGA Floor Matt

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz3.jpg

Illuminated Door Sills (Look Fantastic at Night!)

Overall, super happy with the car and these upgrades. The Michelin tyres improve ride quality, handling and breaking without hurting fuel efficiency at all.
Old 25th February 2015, 22:02   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Say hello to the fully loaded ZDI+. Note the accessories in the pictures

Overall, super happy with the car and these upgrades. The Michelin tyres improve ride quality, handling and breaking without hurting fuel efficiency at all.
Congratulations. Time to start an ownership thread for the ZDi+.
Old 26th February 2015, 10:14   #775
BHPian

Hi guys just wanted to confirm if a Drl setup void the warranty? Also did anyone upgrade the ICE?
Old 26th February 2015, 11:04   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Say hello to the fully loaded ZDI+. Note the accessories in the pictures.
Congrats on your new car. Like the accessories, can you tell us the cost for each? I have got the same tire upsize and having problem of some sound when i go heavy on speed breaker/potholes, please confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Hi guys just wanted to confirm if a Drl setup void the warranty? Also did anyone upgrade the ICE?
Maruti in fact encourages accessories. Fix whatever you want.

My car came back after 2nd service a useless one as usual. They took the car dirtied it (hate beige interiors), flicked couple of stuff from the car and gave it back. Took me 3 hours to clean the interiors back. I wounder what service they did to the engine, the water wash unsatisfactory. So much for ABT, Chennai.
My complaint was a metal sound when I go full on a speed breaker or pothole, no one could even figure out what was the problem.
All they said was we will list the issue to company and find out if anyone else has the same problem and call the car back in if so, until then I have to live with it. Seriously the effort put by them was totally inadequate.

Presently at 6k km on the odo, the mileage has further dropped, suspension sound is annoying, glove box door has a minor rattle.

Is anyone else facing the same sound problem with suspension ?
Old 26th February 2015, 11:12   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Presently at 6k km on the odo, the mileage has further dropped, suspension sound is annoying, glove box door has a minor rattle.

Is anyone else facing the same sound problem with suspension ?
What sound are you referring to Visaster? I hear a slight hissing sound when I go over road humps at average speed (If i slow down and take it very slowly in first, i don't hear it) I wasn't too concerned about it till i read your post!

I've only done a 1000 kms and currently my avg FE is 17.6 kmpl. (Though 60% of my drive has been on NICE road which can be considered highway).
Old 26th February 2015, 12:49   #778
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleagues picked up the ZDi last weekend and the team went out for lunch yesterday. We were 9 of us and I agreed to shuttle half (around ) of them in my GT.

So the commute was from Place A - EMC (near KR Puram) to Place B (Phoenix Mall). I drove my GT from EMC and we swapped our drive while returning.

Its not a direct comparison, but just listing out my observation:

- With 4 well built IT folks in my GT and the AC running in 'Auto', the car was just pulling away from the Ciaz, as per my colleagues in the latter car.

- This was the first time I drove a 90HP Maruti car and could not really feel the power. I did not want to push the car a lot since it was still under 1k on the ODO, but really felt quite sluggish.

- With 5 folks on board and AC running, Ciaz felt really comfortable only to cruise gently. Tried flooring it once and simply put "There Was no Action Jackson" !!

- I have not really sat inside or tried the City I-Dtech but Ciaz by far feels a lot more spacious and comfortable than anything else in its class.

- My colleague was just blown away by my GT's acceleration and I could almost see that "Head In the Hand" look on his face.

To sum it up, CIAZ is great as a product, but would I ever Trade in my GT's Fun Factor for the Business class kinda comfort...

NO SIR, NOT FOR ANOTHER 30 YRS Atleast !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 26th February 2015 at 12:51.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 14:44   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

- With 5 folks on board and AC running, Ciaz felt really comfortable only to cruise gently. Tried flooring it once and simply put "There Was no Action Jackson" !!

NO SIR, NOT FOR ANOTHER 30 YRS Atleast !!
Neatly said! The only chink in Ciaz's armour is the puny diesel engine. Not just the Ciaz but in every car they plonk it into, that's bigger than the Swift. You're hearing this from an ex-Swift and ex-Ertiga owner. Fabulous cars and excellent service in my opinion - only ruined by the engine. It's a great engine for what it is but MSIL still believe it can pull MPVs, limousines and what not, SUVs, perhaps?

Sadly, I've decided to move away from Maruti just for this one reason. Infact, I would have bought the Ertiga again if it came with a bigger engine because I really like MSIL's quality and service.

Ciaz, great car, great looks! It even gives the impression that a powerhouse is under that hood; sadly, it's only an impression.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 16:07   #780
BHPian

Took delivery of my Ciaz ZXI+ yesterday. With nearly 100kms on the odo, here are my initial impressions :
- Very comfortable for city drive due to its light steering and clutch and superior ride quality.
- Very responsive (comparable to Honda City I-Vtec) for in-city drives < 60-80 kmph. Very nice job done in tuning this engine and gear ratios for achieving this.
- Yet to take it to 100+ kmph figures to judge its handling capabilities and responsiveness at higher speeds.
- The touchscreen Nav is difficult to use compared to android map applications. The MirrorLink feature is not available in most of the smartphones now to make use of android maps in the HU display.

Last edited by arunkk : 26th February 2015 at 16:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks