Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2015, 01:16   #901
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hey buddy, I may try remapping my father's Zest XMA Multijet 90 PS. As it shares the same engine, if you are able to remap your Ciaz, I will have some hopes there.
will keep you posted on my progress
Old 24th May 2015, 07:56   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
will keep you posted on my progress
My experience on remapping says it does make a difference in the character of the car. But this is on diesel. Had asked the same to the tuner who worked on my other car. He was of the opinion that trying to remap without any hardware changes to extract more performance out of a normal petrol engine is not really a worthwhile exercise because it will only increase the fuel consumption without delivering much more. Unless the engine is a turbo petrol of moderate to high cc where you have much bigger field to play in. It would be interesting to hear your experience with this experiment. Please keep us updated!

Quote:
Hey buddy, I may try remapping my father's Zest XMA Multijet 90 PS. As it shares the same engine, if you are able to remap your Ciaz, I will have some hopes there.
For Zest QJD remap is very much possible with output upwards of 120hp as the 1.3 Fiat is a very 'tuner friendly' engine! Remap on my ZDi was on the cards but I have decided not to go for it at least for now as the RD Dieseltronic Dual Channel box is performing really well at increasing the output satisfactorily. No bugs seem to be surfacing at any condition too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradshiv View Post
Very good review. We purchased a Ciaz ZXI+ (petrol) recently. Managed to squeeze out 27 kmpl average. Unbelievable for a car of this size. Isn't it ?
Now that's amazing! That too on a petrol car of this size. The maximum I have managed on my ZDi is a bit above 24kmpl and that too with some real sedate driving on the highway. Might have been able to squeeze out a little more if I had timed my journeys to avoid some traffic.
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:32   #903
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Now the problem is the adapter connects fine however the app is stuck at looking for a protocol and there is some random code that it's trying to read.
Hope you are keeping the ignition on keeping the engine running when trying to use the App as it needs ignition to be ON to get the connection established with the ECU.
Old 6th June 2015, 10:14   #904
BANNED

Hardly a fortnight goes by without somebody or the other not calling up to ask if we want to consider test driving or buying a Maruti Ciaz. This is so different from what they were behaving like last winter.

That speaks the most about the whole Maruti Ciaz episode.
malq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 18:55   #905
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz could get 1.6L Muleijet diesel engine. Could use the same strategy as in the S Cross offering both the 1.3DDIS and the 1.6MJD variants.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki will first introduce this 1.6L diesel motor in the upcoming S-Cross crossover which is scheduled for a launch in Juy 2015. This engine will later replace or be sold alongside the current 1.3L diesel motor on the Ciaz sedan.
Quote:
Interestingly, it is being rumoured that the body kit version, to be called as the Ciaz RS will get this bigger engine first.

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...diesel-engine/

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th June 2015 at 18:57.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 07:17   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Ciaz could get 1.6L Muleijet diesel engine. Could use the same strategy as in the S Cross offering both the 1.3DDIS and the 1.6MJD variants.

If Ciaz RS gets a 1.6L, then it would be the first time Maruti is giving a true RS version instead of just sticker job. However, the cost would probably be going through the roof once they put the 1.6L engine. Maruti is likely to keep the lower variants on 1.3L to retain the perception of lower cost while the higher variants might be getting the 1.6L to ensure the performance numbers are on par with competition.
Old 11th June 2015, 08:38   #907
BHPian

Quote:

Great News!
Ciaz for me has been to plane jane. No issues with how is looks, but its too mainstream, a likeable ordinary product for everybody. Nothing special about it.

This move however can break this perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
If Ciaz RS gets a 1.6L, then it would be the first time Maruti is giving a true RS version instead of just sticker job. However, the cost would probably be going through the roof once they put the 1.6L engine. Maruti is likely to keep the lower variants on 1.3L to retain the perception of lower cost while the higher variants might be getting the 1.6L to ensure the performance numbers are on par with competition.
Yes, 1.6L Multijet would be a pleasant surprise for all.
And just think about remapping it to get ~150 hp out of that monster. I am loving it.
Old 11th June 2015, 09:10   #908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 1.6L Multijet would be a pleasant surprise for all.
And just think about remapping it to get ~150 hp out of that monster. I am loving it.
Maruti seem to have woken up and decides to cater to the enthusiasts too!

Come 2016, in addition to the 1.6MJD, Ciaz could get the 1.4l boosterjet petrol engine. The 1.4-liter Boosterjet is reported to produce 136 PS and 220 Nm of torque.

Quote:
This turbocharged engine can also add to the petrol mills of other Maruti cars such as Ciaz if it works well in India.
http://www.motortrend.in/autonews/68...#ixzz3cim5YhLl
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 10:04   #909
Senior - BHPian

If MSIL plants 1.6 L heart in Ciaz, it will be a shame for FIAT in India which seems to cocooning with 2 models and their higher capacity engines as well as AMT is used by competition in the market.

Either FIAT management is left with no courage to face customers to sell their cars or they are dumb enough to let other players make money on their technology just by paying some royalty.

Its a known fact the engine development is nearly 50% cost of development of new car from point zero and with continuous volatility between the competing fuels and the Indian government policies, its a wise decision to make use of engines from FIAT (Tata and Maruti both doing it)

Should we not have a Linea with 1.6 L heart along side the turbo petrol motor.

Good Job MSIL
Old 11th June 2015, 10:08   #910
BHPian

Welcome move from Maruti. My only concern is the price after all these additions.
As per the reports, the 1.6 MTJ is being imported for nearly 2Lacks a piece. If the top end Ciaz touches 15L on-road, there is no point in buying a Suzuki at that price.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th August 2015 at 02:01. Reason: Spellchecked "Maruthi"
Old 11th June 2015, 12:15   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti seem to have woken up and decides to cater to the enthusiasts too!
With the current suspension setup and the steering for the Ciaz, I really doubt that enthusiasts would really care about this upgrade.

Yes, the mass market will love it, though. But then, the mass market loves a Ciaz with a 1.3MJD anyway, going by the sales numbers!
PearlJam is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 12:26   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
With the current suspension setup and the steering for the Ciaz, I really doubt that enthusiasts would really care about this upgrade.

Yes, the mass market will love it, though. But then, the mass market loves a Ciaz with a 1.3MJD anyway, going by the sales numbers!
Wishful thinking:

If Maruti introduced an SX4 with the 1.6 MJD, I would be the first to buy one!

The best of two worlds!

It will literally be a case of having the cake and eating it along with the icing

Last edited by cpbopanna : 11th June 2015 at 12:54.
Old 11th June 2015, 12:33   #913
Senior - BHPian

Wow, a very welcome move from Maruti - may be first in their history. Offering two performance oriented engine options will surely change the perception about Ciaz, and the normal "kitna deti hai" ("how much fuel efficiency does it return") crowd can still enjoy the 1.3 MJD and current petrol (Hopefully they will not discontinue the current engines).

I have lost my faith that FIAT will use 1.6MJD in Linea or Punto, so something is better than nothing.

--Anoop

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th August 2015 at 02:00. Reason: Spellcheck "Maruthi", also please include translations if using any regional language.
Old 11th June 2015, 17:26   #914
Senior - BHPian

Pricing will be an interesting puzzle to solve for Maruti Suzuki before they launch the Ciaz 1.6 and S-Cross.
As far as the timing of this news and the launch of new vehicle is concerned, well played by Maruti I must say. They understand how Indian customers can switch across segments. Anything that puts the car's price close to SUVs or soft-roaders and you should see customers jumping off the Suzuki ship to get a Duster or Terrano or upcoming Creta. But hold on, Suzuki has a new cross-over named S-Cross, so why leave the showroom ?
Old 11th June 2015, 17:44   #915
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Pricing will be an interesting puzzle to solve for Maruti Suzuki before they launch the Ciaz 1.6 and S-Cross.
Both 1.6L Ciaz and SCross should be priced similarly, IMO.

Most Viewed