Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 11:19   #1036
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I am finding it hard to get accessories price list in Chennai. I booked ZDI with Khivraj who gave me a list which didnt have items like DRL, Spoiler, window sunshade (roll up type). I am going to sit with the accessories manager in next couple of days to get the complete list.
Did any one fit Spolier to Ciaz? How much does it cost? Is that available with MGA?
The DRL costs about 6500 but I wouldn't recommend it as it looks out of place. Haven't heard of the spoiler from my accessories manager. These guys barely have any accessories for ciaz in stock. They didn'teven have matting and I had to pull out the PVC ones from my city. Later got it from the local market.

I would suggest to get the body side molding, it does look good if fit in a proper angle. Please don't allow those guys to fit it without you supervising. They put it bang in the middle of the door, luckily I intervened in my case.

The door step guard is actually not a guard it replaces the plastic panel near the door step instead of protecting the door step Had to get those from outside. But that didn't stop me from putting the illuminated ones anyway they do look good.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 12:01   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
If you are going for vdi+ then i would suggest you to wait since it would get dual airbags in the SHVS.
We have decided to replace our Santro and very much interested in Ciaz petrol for my father who will be chauffeured. We are yet to take test drive and it will only be possible after 10 days due to tight schedule of my father. The current VXI+ seems to be VFM but our only concern is absence of front passenger Airbag.

Any idea if VXI+ too will get Dual Airbags like VDI+ with SHVS ? We are in no hurry and can wait.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 24th August 2015 at 12:02.
Old 24th August 2015, 12:04   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
We have decided to replace our Santro and very much interested in Ciaz petrol for my father who will be chauffeured. We are yet to take test drive and it will only be possible after 10 days due to tight schedule of my father. The current VXI+ seems to be VFM but our only concern is no front passenger Airbag.

Any idea if VXI+ too will get Dual Airbags like VDI+ with SHVS ? We are in no hurry and can wait.
I would suggest to wait. The V+ variants most probably in both engine options will get dual airbags as even the base petrol gets 1 airbag now. But be informed that prices would increase and discounts would go to 0. Did you check out discounts on the zxi variants? Are you looking for auto or manual? Discounts are anywhere between 50-60k currently varying from dealer to dealer.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 13:04   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
But be informed that prices would increase and discounts would go to 0. Did you check out discounts on the zxi variants? Are you looking for auto or manual? Discounts are anywhere between 50-60k currently varying from dealer to dealer.
My father is very much interested in SCross since its a new vehicle from maruti and we never owned a maruti. A week back we took Test Drive of 1.3 DDIS, sadly 11.5 lacs for Zeta variant does not seem VFM, the interior space & comfort ride in my Liva is much better(not getting into argument both are from different segments). The features in Scross will be hardly used, for my father car is means of travelling from Point A to B. Our family is pushing him for Ciaz. Yesterday took quotation for Diesel variants VDI+ & ZDI and i was offered 25K from dealer side which i think is on lower side, did not ask about VXI+ & ZXI.

It was yesterday late evening i checked Ex showroom price list of VXI+ & ZXI variants for Navi Mumbai and realized VXI+ is VFM as the running would be between 8K to 10K in a year and we already have Diesel liva in our garage.

We prefer manual as the running would be 90% highway & 10% city drives. I am informed by dealer the new version would have zero discounts. My father always prefers front passenger seat and i do not want to compromise on his safety.

I am waiting for test drive to happen after which we will take a call, if ZXI with good discount is available then i see no point in waiting for VXI+ with dual airbags.
Old 24th August 2015, 13:10   #1040
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I am waiting for test drive to happen after which we will take a call, if ZXI with good discount is available then i see no point in waiting for VXI+ with dual airbags.
Go ahead for ZXi variant with the discounts. Push the dealer as much as possible for discounts. If you are a new customer for Maruti Suzuki they may not give you discounts at the first attempt. So what I feel is, take some of friends who are existing Maruti Suzuki customers along and negotiate.

They are in desperate to get off the current stocks before the new one launches so a little pressure from your side will do wonders. Trust me! I know Maruti Suzuki behavior since 1997.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 13:40   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Push the dealer as much as possible for discounts. If you are a new customer for Maruti Suzuki they may not give you discounts at the first attempt.
We have two Maruti dealers within 2 Kms , so need to negotiate & bargain hard with both of them.

My father wanted to buy a maruti product since 1984 but never had fortune to buy one, in 2006 we had decided to buy Swift and one of his good friend had some bad experience with his newly bought swift which he sold within 4-5 months of ownership, after this my father decided to go for Hyundai Getz and we ended up buying a Santro. Two years back in 2013 i spoiled the party by choosing Liva over swift. (Two of my cousins already have Swift & Dzire diesel since 2012)

This time he said its going to be Maruti
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 17:02   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
PS - There is a ZXi AT and a VX CVT in the family so no bias at play here.
Hello Reihem, could you please give what kind of mileage numbers are you getting with your Ciaz AT? City / Highway break up would be nice. Thanks!
Old 24th August 2015, 21:33   #1043
BHPian

As I leave India, one final gift to the community for this year in the form of a scoop. Enjoy

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150824_33780.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150824_44415.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150824_54765.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150824_218.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150824_1116.jpg
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150824_1892.jpg

Couldn't get any pics of the AT or the vxi+ variant but according to the SA it would also most probably come with dual airbags. The instrument cluster in the diesel gets a small makeover.

My ciaz AT has completed 700 kms today. FE rock steady at 14.5 km/L this is purely city driving. Highway would get more than 16 km/l. Expecting the FE to further improve.

Adios amigos

Last edited by rockporiom : 24th August 2015 at 21:38.
rockporiom is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 22:30   #1044
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the rear view camera setup in the ZXi/ZDi+? I understand that in the Z version, the display is in the IRVM. Since the Z+ has the touchscreen unit, doesnt the IRVM display the rear view? Or is it displayed both on the IRVM as well as touchscreen?
Old 26th August 2015, 00:31   #1045
BHPian

Rear view is displayed only in the touch screen. Not both.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 13:44   #1046
BHPian

Did my first long distance travel in the Ciaz ZDi today. Travelled from Bangalore to Chennai in the morning and back by evening. Tanked up before starting in the morning and by the end of the day there was still a quarter tank diesel left in the tank after driving 640 kms with A/C running overtime! The engine is tuned extremely well by Maruti engineers. It is very rarely that one feels a lack in punch. Only if the speed drops too low on inclines the car asks for a downshift. And the surge after 2500 rpm keeps going till 4000 rpm. Enough to make serious progress on the highway. The achievable top speed is comparable to any other car in its class having bigger engines. Except maybe the Verna due to its 6 speed transmission and that brute of an engine. The car is rock steady at high speeds. Retardation provided by the brakes is powerful and ABS never kicked in but I have upgraded the tyres to 16 inch 205/55 Yoko A Drive R1. The overall FE as shown by the MID was 20.8 km/l. Included some fast accelerations in the morning and normal driving in the evening. I have noticed that 100 to 110 km/h is the economy cruising speed for the car in 5th gear. Anything above that will start hammering the economy.

One grouse that I had was the weak headlamps for the high beam. Not very confidence inspiring after evening. And hard braking from speed does upset its composure a little bit. The nose dives too much and could feel scary but it holds its line well. Another problem I discovered towards the end of the journey was the seating position. My joints started aching and I could not find a position to nullify the ache. The ache should not have cropped up in the first place if the seating was perfect. Do not know if this is due to the MGA seat covers installed or the design of the seats themselves.

Overall impressions, the car is good when you take into account the performance given by the small DDiS with superb FE to boot. Only wish the seats were a wee bit more ergonomic.

Last edited by alphahere : 26th August 2015 at 13:46.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 14:42   #1047
BHPian

Kudos Maruti, besides making money this shows , you care for the safety as well ! Great initiative. Now Vdi(o) will even look more value for money than a Zdi or Zdi+
Old 26th August 2015, 16:56   #1048

I have noticed a peculiar trait in my CIAZ ZDI (o) over the last few months of ownership and would like to know if this is there in all vehicles or not! As soon as a door is opened and then shut after the auto locking has been armed, the moment the door is shut, the key not in car warning buzzer starts sounding and goes off after a few seconds! Anyone faced this with their vehicle?
Old 26th August 2015, 18:27   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipal0006 View Post
I have noticed a peculiar trait in my CIAZ ZDI (o) over the last few months of ownership and would like to know if this is there in all vehicles or not! As soon as a door is opened and then shut after the auto locking has been armed, the moment the door is shut, the key not in car warning buzzer starts sounding and goes off after a few seconds! Anyone faced this with their vehicle?
The keyfob battery could be running down. Check with the spare. The beep does not sound even once if the key is in the vehicle. I come across the scenario multiple times when I leave the engine running while I go to open the gates. It never beeps.
Are you sure it is the key not in car warning buzzer? If so you will also have the symbol of a key blinking in the meter console while the beep sounds. There could be a possibility that the beep you are hearing is the door open buzzer.

Last edited by alphahere : 26th August 2015 at 18:30.
Old 26th August 2015, 19:15   #1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
The keyfob battery could be running down. Check with the spare. The beep does not sound even once if the key is in the vehicle. I come across the scenario multiple times when I leave the engine running while I go to open the gates. It never beeps.
Are you sure it is the key not in car warning buzzer? If so you will also have the symbol of a key blinking in the meter console while the beep sounds. There could be a possibility that the beep you are hearing is the door open buzzer.
Yes, I have checked ! Its not the door open buzzer for sure! You see the buzzer does not sound when the door is ajar, it actually starts the moment the door is shut and the key symbol flashes on the console! It could be due to the magnetic sun shades installed ! maybe! I don't know! will try and repeat the aforesaid scenario without the sun shades and see!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks