Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 09:08   #1051
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipal0006 View Post
Yes, I have checked ! Its not the door open buzzer for sure! You see the buzzer does not sound when the door is ajar, it actually starts the moment the door is shut and the key symbol flashes on the console! It could be due to the magnetic sun shades installed ! maybe! I don't know! will try and repeat the aforesaid scenario without the sun shades and see!
I do not see how the magnetic sunshades can affect the behaviour of the system as long as the key is on the inside side of the sunshades. I hope it is not a symptom of the receiver/transmitter of the car going for a toss. If that is the case you might get stuck somewhere unable to crank after you switch off or stall. Anyway please do update your findings. It will be something all of us owners with the smart key need to be aware of.
Old 30th August 2015, 13:11   #1052
BHPian

I am getting my Ciaz ZDI in next 4-5 days. All formalities completed and just handed over my 8 Year Old Santro yesterday.

Now, I am really not sure what accessories that I should put here.

Some questions:
1) I am interested in 3M Custom mats. Per 3M it would come about 3k+ for Ciaz (at 250/sq feet). Is this right?

2) PVC floor wrap. Per 3M it is not recommended as if you were to remove it, have to tear it along with underlying carpet. Question is, only if I ever want to remove it. If it is going to lost for ever, I am fine, but will it last?

3) Sun films - Per 3M you can have sun film with 70% Visibility. Isn't it true that Supreme court ruled against any such films. If so why are these guys still selling them.
Any links/pointers/suggestions?

4) Windshield film. 3M gave me a demo. WOW! One of the films (forgot the model no) filters out heat and at the showroom it felt like it doesn't affect visibility at all. However, I am not sure if any one has done similar stuff, if so feedback please.

5) ZDI comes with 15" alloy. Keeping the looks apart, what will I gain if I upgrade to 16" Alloys and tyres. If it is stability/mileage/performance, I will go for it. Kindly suggest and recommend alloys/tyres for a 90:10 City:Highway drive.

6) DRL? I like it, but it got to be a LED and should be placed in the headlight section. MGA doesnt have a clue about it. They told me that we can get a Philips LED DRL but can be placed only alongside of Fog lamp. which for me doesnt workout (Will look like a after market which it is, I basically want a Audi/Benz/BMW type :-)) Any idea on this please?

7) Spoliers: They dont have one available for Ciaz Yet. I am not interested in after market stuff, it has to be a OEM. I will wait for it.
Apart from this, usual stuffs like steering cover, seat cover (probably later), wood finish for internal door panels, door visor, door waistline chrome, door sill gaurd.

God! For a 11 Lakhs OTR car, such add-on easily reach 1 Lakh. Buying a car sounds like buying an apartment. A 20L 2 BHK takes atleast another 2 lakhs to be livable.
Old 30th August 2015, 16:32   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I am interested in 3M Custom mats. Per 3M it would come about 3k+ for Ciaz (at 250/sq feet). Is this right?
I enquired for 3M Nomad custom mats for my Fiesta and got a quote of 6k. Went to JC rd in Bangalore and got the same thing done for Rs.1400. I suggest the same to all.
Old 30th August 2015, 19:08   #1054
BHPian

Quote:

God! For a 11 Lakhs OTR car, such add-on easily reach 1 Lakh. Buying a car sounds like buying an apartment. A 20L 2 BHK takes atleast another 2 lakhs to be livable.
I would disagree on the same. The car requires only a few accessories to make it livable. To name a few,

1) steering cover
2) matting
3) anti rust coating
4) door step guards
5) corner protectors
6) body side mouldings

And maybe a car perfume, these things shouldn't cost more than 10k. What you are referring to in the other mods is personalisation which need not be done immediately and can be done over the period of ownership.

Regarding, the 3m mats i got a similar quote as yours but from outside I got a quote of 2.4k for a similar material.

Sunflims may be used at your own risk. It is true that the newer sunfilms are almost completely transperent and still block sunlight and heat. Nevertheless, they are still against the law I would suggest waiting till the RTO passing is done before installing the sun film.

Upsizing the alloys would not give any benefit in terms of fuel efficiency but it would make the ride firmer due to the 16" tyres. I would suggest keeping the alloys the same and upsizing the tyres which give you better handling charecteristics.

Last but not the least, congratulations on the ciaz zdi. Wish you many many happy miles

Last edited by rockporiom : 30th August 2015 at 19:10.
Old 31st August 2015, 20:09   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz Home page shows the Ciaz SHVS launch countdown!

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-capture.png
Old 1st September 2015, 09:33   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Last but not the least, congratulations on the ciaz zdi. Wish you many many happy miles
Thanks a lot buddy.

Quote:
I would disagree on the same. The car requires only a few accessories to make it livable. To name a few,

1) steering cover
2) matting
3) anti rust coating
4) door step guards
5) corner protectors
6) body side mouldings

And maybe a car perfume, these things shouldn't cost more than 10k. What you are referring to in the other mods is personalisation which need not be done immediately and can be done over the period of ownership.
Yes, it just felt to me. My only car purchase before for Santro back in 2007. That time, I paid for Car+RTO. Every thing else came free (Insurance, Music System, seat covers, car cover, mats, flaps, sunfilm, Teflon coating). All in all, just paid 3.75L and took it home. Probably, I was expecting the same here :-).

Quote:
Upsizing the alloys would not give any benefit in terms of fuel efficiency but it would make the ride firmer due to the 16" tyres. I would suggest keeping the alloys the same and upsizing the tyres which give you better handling charecteristics.
Any suggestion on the tyre brand/model that sits better for ciaz on 15" Alloys?
Old 1st September 2015, 09:54   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestion on the tyre brand/model that sits better for ciaz on 15" Alloys?
I would suggest you to visit the ciaz tyre upgrade thread. I have kept my tyres stock at the moment and would upgrade only once they give way.

I would go for either michelin primacy 3st or yokohama c drive's. My experience with yoko's has been good, they are soft tyres and offer excellent grip on all conditions. Only issue that I found was that they were a bit noisy. Not sure if it was the tyre or the inadequate sound insulation in my Honda city.

Last edited by rockporiom : 1st September 2015 at 09:59.
Old 1st September 2015, 14:09   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Guys its a bit strange, no one has posted here the launch of Ciaz SHVS or is there any different thread for this purpose. Anyway, let me share the details over here (mods move this post to the appropriate thread if not found suitable here)

Source Carwale:

http://www.carwale.com/news/19926-ma...-823-lakh.html

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Ciaz Hybrid in India at Rs 8.23 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). This is the first hybrid car in the segment and will replace all the standard diesel variants of the Ciaz sedan.

The Ciaz gets SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) technology and has a claimed ARAI fuel efficiency of 28.09kmpl, making it the most efficient diesel car on sale in India. The car uses regenerative braking to charge a larger battery under the bonnet, which in turn is used for the start-stop function a.k.a ‘A Stop’ that saves fuel.

The battery also helps in developing the torque and takes some load off the engine. The diesel engine is the 1.3-litre Multijet unit (DDiS 200) that produces 91bhp and 130Nm of torque. Power is sent to the front wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox.

There are almost no changes on the cosmetic front for the Ciaz with the only major additions being SHVS badging at the rear and some changes to the instrument cluster. However, we also believe dealers will soon start offering hybrid branded accessories for those buying the car. This is expected to include stickers, scuff plates and specially branded floor mats.

Maruti Suzuki’s effort to launch this car comes on the back of subsidy being offered to hybrid vehicles under the FAME initiative. This has allowed them to competitively price the car with a price reduction across all variants.

Prices for the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid (ex-showroom Delhi)

Maruti Suzuki VDI- Rs 8.23 lakh

Maruti Suzuki VDI (o) - Rs 8.37 lakh

Maruti Suzuki VDI +- Rs 8.81 lakh

Maruti Suzuki ZDI – Rs 9.52 lakh

Maruti Suzuki ZDI+- Rs 10.17 lakh
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 14:18   #1059
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Guys its a bit strange, no one has posted here the launch of Ciaz SHVS or is there any different thread for this purpose.
Check this thread and my post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3792103
Old 1st September 2015, 14:28   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is how prices of Ciaz Diesel (SHVS) stack against competition.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 6377
Size:  23.0 KB
Prices - ex-Del

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-397206.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st September 2015 at 14:30.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 15:04   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aditya,

One query: Ciaz looks to be a good car for that segment. Then what could be the reason behind sales of just 3700 & 2100 in June and July, against 5200 & 4200 for Honda City? Why is it selling that much less compared to City?
Old 1st September 2015, 15:27   #1062
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
One query: Ciaz looks to be a good car for that segment. Why is it selling that much less compared to City?
That's brand value and the name created by the Honda City since it's early days.

People have got that faith in that car and it is reliable (except for the current generation City). This has been instilled well in the minds of the customers and all the sales figures that you notice for the Honda City are the customers who are buying it from the word - of - mouth and also many older generation customers upgrading.

The same can't be said for Ciaz as Maruti Suzuki had not had any good sedans that sold well after Esteem and Baleno (Partially). SX4 was almost a dud so the Ciaz was a daring move from Maruti Suzuki in the C segment competing against the leader.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:58   #1063
BHPian

I must say that Maruti has surely added the much awaited Safety packages in segments other than the top variant. The inclusion of Driver's airbag in all variants is another pleasant change.
All in all, I must say this should make the Ciaz a great alternative to the City.
Also this should encourage other manufacturers to take the Hybrid route.
deathucider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:10   #1064
BHPian

If Maruti is really serious about safety they should be adding both driver and passenger airbags in all variants with upto 6 airbags in the top variant. It is at that point that it becomes compelling against competition. Otherwise it will never get that premium brand.
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:46   #1065
BHPian

Hi BHPians . Booked the last available ZDI + dignity brown in Chennai. With discounts adding close to 90k including exchange bonus. Getting delivery on Saturday. Did a PDI of the car which was in the yard for 2months. Heard about the mirror link option on the NAV /AV instrument. Can someone throw light on that .and is LG Nexus5 compatible. .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks