Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 13:35   #1081
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
Sathya, this hybrid model has a lithium ion battery which would be expensive to replace.The added fuel efficiency advantage is minimal.you are not missing much
Actually Li-ion would have made it extremely expensive although it will have a longer life than the Lead-acid ones. It is a high capacity Exide Lead Acid Battery that is coming with Ciaz.

I am on side with Sathya on his decision especially once the decision is made and formalities done then no point in looking back. I can understand how it feels especially Maruti priced the new car lower than the outgoing, I should say that is industry first!! So none of us could have second guessed this move, almost impossible. I wish you a very many many happy miles with your Ciaz and Ciaz has very good FE figures already so no worries there.

However, for people who are on the forum for sheer understanding of the tech, 2kmpl gain is in ARAI figures, while 26 to 28 kmpl jump might not seem much for us, usually hybrids(whether this mild hybrid meets that formula only real world test will tell) are designed to give good mileage numbers in stop & go traffic. Now the 2kmpl difference, with a tank capacity of say 40litres 2kmpl difference translates to 80km additional range and that comes free. Suppose this very same difference if applicable within the City and say the current Ciaz gives 15kmpl and the new SHVS gives 18kmpl its a big change as this could mean a week of commute comes free for an avg 20km commute for example. Ideal hybrid will try to give best FE in both City as well as highway. I suppose that's the goal of hybridization a mid path to get higher efficiency. But only reviews and user reports can give any clue on the real world standings. Sorry about my ramble!
Old 7th September 2015, 09:30   #1082
BHPian

Has anyone experienced the ownership of blaupunkt sun films. Am about to delivery and my dealer says he will install them @4000 rs. After market rates are around 6.5k. Are they better / as good as 3m ?
Old 8th September 2015, 03:01   #1083
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I have not heard of blaupaunkt sun films. I would rather go for 3M. Have you checked the prices at 3 M outlet?

How did you get to know that the aftermarket rates are high for Blaupunkt?? Usually the dealership charges way too more than aftermarket.
Old 8th September 2015, 08:03   #1084
BHPian

Infact I checked on the rates outside. Around 7.5k for 3m and 6.5k for blaupunkt. Even the after market guy suggested blaupunkt over 3 m saying its VFM.
Old 8th September 2015, 10:50   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Has anyone experienced the ownership of blaupunkt sun films.
Refer this link for the discussions on Blaupunkt sun films.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 10:55   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
^^ I have not heard of blaupaunkt sun films. I would rather go for 3M. Have you checked the prices at 3 M outlet?

How did you get to know that the aftermarket rates are high for Blaupunkt?? Usually the dealership charges way too more than aftermarket.
Quote:
Has anyone experienced the ownership of blaupunkt sun films. Am about to delivery and my dealer says he will install them @4000 rs. After market rates are around 6.5k. Are they better / as good as 3m ?

Aren't the sun films banned across India ? Am I missing something here ?
Old 9th September 2015, 16:43   #1087
BHPian

Quick query:,Ciaz SHVS had a very silent cabin at all speeds. Hard to tell from ignition on or off and till 125, it revved well.
Is it an improvement from the one which is reviewed here?
Can anyone please confirm?
Old 10th September 2015, 05:57   #1088
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Aren't the sun films banned across India ? Am I missing something here ?

Like many other things it is banned until some cop decides to pull you over and ask you to remove it or draw a chalan. There is no strict implementation of this ban. It was surely enacted after the Nirbhaya episode !
Old 10th September 2015, 23:31   #1089
BHPian

With the price cut of Ciaz SVHS, I am more confused

Ciaz ZDI + is for 10.18
whereas
S Cross Zeta 1.3 is for 9.99

A price difference of just 20K .... I have not test drove either yet - would be buying it in early 2016. Which one are you suggesting ?!!
Old 11th September 2015, 10:10   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
With the price cut of Ciaz SVHS, I am more confused

Ciaz ZDI + is for 10.18
whereas
S Cross Zeta 1.3 is for 9.99

A price difference of just 20K .... I have not test drove either yet - would be buying it in early 2016. Which one are you suggesting ?!!
It is based on your requirements rather than anyone's suggestion. Both would serve you well. The Ciaz has more boot space and legroom whereas the S cross has better interiors and underthigh support. The Ciaz has a better power to weight ratio where the S Cross has more features. Comparing the two is difficult unless you factor in your requirements.

Some of the questions below would help you take the decision:

Do you travel alone?
Is the car used on city or highway? if both what ratio?
How much cargo capacity do you actually need?

Further with the Ciaz you get the top of the line ZDI+ whereas you get the Zeta in the S cross which means no leather seats or leather steering wheel which is present in the Ciaz. Again do you need these?

Answering these questions would help you take the decision quickly. Both cars are fairly equipped and won't disappoint you. In the end the driving experience would also be a deciding factor in finalizing what you want.

Hope I cleared your confusion. Wish you luck on your new car purchase

Cheers
Old 11th September 2015, 10:27   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
It is based on your requirements rather than anyone's suggestion. Both would serve you well. The Ciaz has more boot space and legroom whereas the S cross has better interiors and underthigh support. The Ciaz has a better power to weight ratio where the S Cross has more features. Comparing the two is difficult unless you factor in your requirements.

Some of the questions below would help you take the decision:

Do you travel alone?
Is the car used on city or highway? if both what ratio?
How much cargo capacity do you actually need?

Further with the Ciaz you get the top of the line ZDI+ whereas you get the Zeta in the S cross which means no leather seats or leather steering wheel which is present in the Ciaz. Again do you need these?

Answering these questions would help you take the decision quickly. Both cars are fairly equipped and won't disappoint you. In the end the driving experience would also be a deciding factor in finalizing what you want.

Hope I cleared your confusion. Wish you luck on your new car purchase

Cheers

Thanks for the reply !

Yes, for 5 days a week - its me alone. Home > Office > Home .
Weekend is family loaded.
Highway trip ~500/~700 kms once every couple of months.
Cargo is needed for sure - with my present SX4, I attach rooftop carrier for luggage (4 adults + 1 kid translates to at-least 5 bags + misc items ) !

With above points, Ciaz do tick - the only drawback I see is negative comments by multiple regarding "small" engine, lack of power and all. For me, my RPM band stays at 2000/2500 max - doubt if Ciaz will feel underpowered.

Test drive is needed
Hope to get some Dec discounts before booking.
Old 11th September 2015, 10:33   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
- the only drawback I see is negative comments by multiple regarding "small" engine, lack of power and all. For me, my RPM band stays at 2000/2500 max - doubt if Ciaz will feel underpowered.

Test drive is needed
Hope to get some Dec discounts before booking.
Don't worry about the power. It's more than adequate in the powerband that you are suggesting. I have driven the zdi for close to 200 kms and i can say that the car easily cruises at good speeds all day long. The light clutch and slick gearbox makes shifting an easy task. Yes, you would have to use that gearbox in the ciaz a bit more than the competition but it would be the same with the S cross as well.
Old 11th September 2015, 14:29   #1093
BHPian

Hi all. Am taking delivery of my ciaz tomorrow. Looking for putting the 3M nomads .however one of the after market dealer outside is suggesting some durasoft mats similar to the 3m nomads it seems . its 190 per sft. Nomads are 250 in 3m Carr OMR .
Any one has experience with this one.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th September 2015 at 21:39.
Old 11th September 2015, 21:40   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all. Am taking delivery of my ciaz tomorrow. Looking for putting the 3M nomads .however one of the after market dealer outside is suggesting some durabond mats similar to the 3m nomads it seems . its 190 per sft. Nomads are 250 in 3m Carr OMR .
Any one has experience with this one.
I got similar stuff mats @ Rs.70/sq. ft. from a wholesale shop at JC rd in Blr. Costed me 1300 Rs. for my Fiesta.
Old 11th September 2015, 23:31   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I got similar stuff mats @ Rs.70/sq. ft. from a wholesale shop at JC rd in Blr. Costed me 1300 Rs. for my Fiesta.
Great. Hope it is serving the purpose well. Please share your feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks