Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2015, 20:15   #1096
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/48936494.cms

A good move by Maruti..This move of offering ABS and Dual Airbags in more variants should be followed by other manufacturers.
Old 20th September 2015, 10:04   #1097
BHPian

There has absolutely been no reviews on Ciaz Hybrid on any of the sites or on YouTube channels. Has anyone test driven it yet ?

I went a couple if times to the dealer close to my office, but the wait time according to them was uncertain as the vehicle was on test driving rounds.
Old 20th September 2015, 20:04   #1098
BHPian

For folks who are driving diesel Ciaz, how is the ground clearance when you have 4 adults + kid + luggage in boot filled up.

I have seen my SX4 rear sag down to a large extent..forcing me to use carrier on top to evenly distributed the load on all four wheels.

Can someone share side profile photo with people tucked in ?!

with 10k kms of driving per year, and expecting to keep the car for 8 to 10 years, should I go in for ZDI or ZXI?!!
Old 20th September 2015, 20:07   #1099
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
with 10k kms of driving per year, and expecting to keep the car for 8 to 10 years, should I go in for ZDI or ZXI?!!
If the running will not increase exponentially in that period then I guess you are better off with ZXi.
Old 20th September 2015, 20:12   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
OT with 10k kms of driving per year, and expecting to keep the car for 8 to 10 years, should I go in for ZDI or ZXI?!!

If the monthly driving is less than 1500 kms, it doesn't make sense for spending the extra bucks on the Diesel engine. And with the gap between both the fuels reducing and expected to reduce even further down the years, it would be better to go in for the ZXI
Old 20th September 2015, 21:08   #1101
BHPian

Damn.....heart says diesel this time ( would be my first ), mind says petrol because of low running cost.

And of course, I don't know what future holds...maybe I change job to a place which needs 80 kms of daily travel
Old 20th September 2015, 23:14   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn.....heart says diesel this time ( would be my first ), mind says petrol because of low running cost.

And of course, I don't know what future holds...maybe I change job to a place which needs 80 kms of daily travel
If you are the type of person who is always itching to hit the road, then don't look beyond the ZDi. Initial outflow will be on the higher side, but then each time you go to the bunk to do a tank full you won't feel the pinch.
Old 20th September 2015, 23:21   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For folks who are driving diesel Ciaz, how is the ground clearance when you have 4 adults + kid + luggage in boot filled up.

I have seen my SX4 rear sag down to a large extent..forcing me to use carrier on top to evenly distributed the load on all four wheels.

Can someone share side profile photo with people tucked in ?!

5 adults and fully loaded boot does scrap the tall speedbreakers if taken carelessly, you can still get away on most of them without scrapping if done at single digit speeds

I have mentioned this earlier as well. If its petrol , nothing like the Honda City. Unlike the MJDs, petrol engine in the Ciaz is very ordinary. If its diesel , then its the Ciaz that should be your option 1
Old 20th September 2015, 23:52   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
5 adults and fully loaded boot does scrap the tall speedbreakers if taken carelessly, you can still get away on most of them without scrapping if done at single digit speeds

I have mentioned this earlier as well. If its petrol , nothing like the Honda City. Unlike the MJDs, petrol engine in the Ciaz is very ordinary. If its diesel , then its the Ciaz that should be your option 1

I think I'll be choosing from one of the Maruti stable only - additionally, my family wont allow me to go beyond Maruti. Moreover, i would need something for which spares would be available in every nook and corner !

M800 > Alto > Swift > SX4 > ???Probably CIAZ ??? !!
Old 21st September 2015, 02:07   #1105
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:

If that "may be" were to be a reality, oh yeah Zdi baby! 28kmpl; are you kidding me?

Last edited by TMRT : 21st September 2015 at 02:17.
Old 21st September 2015, 07:27   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
If that "may be" were to be a reality, oh yeah Zdi baby! 28kmpl; are you kidding me?
28 is ARAI figure - those who are running Diesel's, how much practical figures they are getting ? Around 20 or so ?

Anyone got hold of SHVS Ciaz yet ? I see no review of it anywhere
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:49   #1107
BHPian

I have a question to ZXi + owners. My cousin currently has two offers for the Ciaz ZXi and ZXi +. The Ciaz ZXi with an aftermarket touchscreen HU (from the dealer so no warranty issues) Vinyl floor, mats, fabric seat covers and underbody coating quoted at 10.40 Lakhs OTR and the ZXi + with the same extras minus the HU for 10.83 Lakhs OTR in Cochin.
Does the Built in HU in the ZXi + support video playback. And is it worth the extra 43k to go for the ZXi +?
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:39   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
I have a question to ZXi + owners. My cousin currently has two offers for the Ciaz ZXi and ZXi +. The Ciaz ZXi with an aftermarket touchscreen HU (from the dealer so no warranty issues) Vinyl floor, mats, fabric seat covers and underbody coating quoted at 10.40 Lakhs OTR and the ZXi + with the same extras minus the HU for 10.83 Lakhs OTR in Cochin.
Does the Built in HU in the ZXi + support video playback. And is it worth the extra 43k to go for the ZXi +?
The HU video playback works only when the car is on handbrake. ZXi+ comes with touch screen HU as default. Have they changed options ?
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:25   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
The HU video playback works only when the car is on handbrake. ZXi+ comes with touch screen HU as default. Have they changed options ?
Sorry if my post was confusing. The ZXi+ comes with the SmartPlay touchscreen HU as default. I meant that the extra accessories requested on the ZXi+ were only the Vinyl floor, mats and underbody coating. They quoted 22k for a Sony touchscreen HU which also had the disadvantage that the steering controls wouldn't work, that's when we got to thinking would the 43k extra over the ZXi be worth it to preserve the full functionality.

Thank you for the clairifcation that the HU does have video playback. I do understand why it would work only when stationary with the handbrake.
Old 23rd September 2015, 20:26   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Sorry if my post was confusing. The ZXi+ comes with the SmartPlay touchscreen HU as default. I meant that the extra accessories requested on the ZXi+ were only the Vinyl floor, mats and underbody coating. They quoted 22k for a Sony touchscreen HU which also had the disadvantage that the steering controls wouldn't work, that's when we got to thinking would the 43k extra over the ZXi be worth it to preserve the full functionality.

Thank you for the clairifcation that the HU does have video playback. I do understand why it would work only when stationary with the handbrake.
Ah okay. Now that I read it again, it makes sense.

Steering controls really help. ZXi also has steering controls integrated with the non touch screen HU.

Other than the HU, what you pay over ZXi for ZXi+ is 16" alloys instead of 15", all leather upholstery and a bit more of chrome as well. ZXi already has leather+fabric upholstery. Fabric over that which the dealer is providing will be loosing in a bit of leather.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks