Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2015, 20:08   #1156
BANNED

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
The manager had a pen drive with the update, plug in and the infotainnment started downloading the files. Took 20 minutes to complete. Voila!! . now the touch response is butter smooth and no more lags.
Congratulations and I am happy that the issue has been solved.

Did you note down the firmware version? Old vs New? It will help existing and new owners of the Ciaz as they can check and get their SmartPlay updated.

AFAIK, this will be the same firmware version that is doing duty in the S-Cross as the SmartPlay isn't that troublesome, I guess.
Old 9th October 2015, 20:57   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi All
Wanted to update the group on the issue I had with my smartplay infotainment. Had lots of lag and rear camera getting frozen most times. Took the car to MASS today as the manager had mentioned it needed a software update. Debated with him why such software updates are available only when customers have issue and not on a periodic basis. Simple response, " Sir , MARUTI has instructed us to do so".

So with regards to the update it was quite simple. The manager had a pen drive with the update, plug in and the infotainnment started downloading the files. Took 20 minutes to complete. Voila!! . now the touch response is butter smooth and no more lags.

Checked on the updates for the navigation system as well. Manager mentioned that I will get a call from them whenever there is an update. Not sure though!

But came back satisfied and without any teething issues with the infotainment. The only pic I could take in the otherwise busy conversations.
Any idea on how to check the running version of firmware ? so that upon delivery of vehicle I can have the MASS guys update it ..
Old 10th October 2015, 09:21   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, I was planning to go in for 3M Nomad Floor Mats(approx 4000 to 5000 ), but came across the following -

https://paytm.com/shop/p/speedwav-an...FRUrjgodwDMJGw

For just 1200/-, I hope this would work as well ? Maybe not as good as 3M, but still difference is huge
Would suggest you to try DIY Noodle mats, it replicates the work done by 3M nomad mats and is cost effective too. Please search through the forum, have seen it in a Jazz ownership thread.
Old 11th October 2015, 23:56   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends I have posted this query on the Ciaz SHVS thread, but not sure how many of you are tracking it and if my query will be answered. Hence cross posting it over here (Mods: Please delete it if found not relevant here). I been hearing that Ciaz SHVS has better driveability than the earlier non SHVS version. Can someone who has extensively driven both the versions make out if really there is a substantial difference?

Better driveability means that the low end torque might have been improved. The peak torque of 200Nm is achieved @ 1750 rpm. Has the torque curve become more flat? I understand while accelerating there is some assistance form the battery, does this result in better driveability at low rpms, which helps mask the infamous turbo lag?
Hi, I have driven both the versions. I have given a reply to your query in the relevant thread. Cheers
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 18:07   #1160
BHPian

I did not see any posts by anyone earlier, hence asking. Any review of Ciaz SHVS, how it works and impacts on the driving pleasure ?
Old 13th October 2015, 18:31   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLife View Post
I did not see any posts by anyone earlier, hence asking. Any review of Ciaz SHVS, how it works and impacts on the driving pleasure ?

Check the following thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...unched-13.html

look for @mithunvvijayan's post in the last few pages - he did test drove both SHVS and non-SHVS models.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 00:06   #1162
BHPian

After putting the car through a lot of road time I had the first damage.

The self retracting sunshade at the back has two hooks which locks into a huge slot. Only the flimsy tip (hardly 4mm) of the hook locks in. One pull on the wrong direction and the damn tip broke on both the side.
They should have installed a better locking mechanism that to for this expensive feature.
I was all out to replace the hooks the very next day, only to know the hooks cant be replaced, needs total replacement of the screen. As shocking it sounds the cost killed me, it is Rs.5600/- plus tax for replacement.
Now iam left with 2 broken tips of a hook which is part of a expensive and useful add-on in the car.

What options do i have.
A. Superglue/feviquick the thing - but I am sure the fix will not be strong enough to take the force of the spring loaded screen.
B. Alumnium cut into the shape of the back of the hook reinforcing the rigidity which is held by a screw is what I am imagining.

I need to use both the options for a permanent fix. Will hopefully find time for the DIY.
Please feel free to suggest me better options, and be careful with your screens.

Mods: Why am i not able to upload pictures from mobile browser? Please rectify. Thanks.
Old 16th October 2015, 05:41   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
After putting the car through a lot of road time I had the first damage.

The self retracting sunshade at the back has two hooks which locks into a huge slot. Only the flimsy tip (hardly 4mm) of the hook locks in. One pull on the wrong direction and the damn tip broke on both the side.
They should have installed a better locking mechanism that to for this expensive feature.
I was all out to replace the hooks the very next day, only to know the hooks cant be replaced, needs total replacement of the screen. As shocking it sounds the cost killed me, it is Rs.5600/- plus tax for replacement.
Now iam left with 2 broken tips of a hook which is part of a expensive and useful add-on in the car.

What options do i have.
A. Superglue/feviquick the thing - but I am sure the fix will not be strong enough to take the force of the spring loaded screen.
B. Alumnium cut into the shape of the back of the hook reinforcing the rigidity which is held by a screw is what I am imagining.

I need to use both the options for a permanent fix. Will hopefully find time for the DIY.
Please feel free to suggest me better options, and be careful with your screens.

Mods: Why am i not able to upload pictures from mobile browser? Please rectify. Thanks.
Exactly same thing happened with my SX4 aftermarket screen - I think they are designed with this flaw. Though, aftermarket screens are available for a cost less than 1500.
I have not yet pulled the screen up in Ciaz knowing this drawback ...
Old 17th October 2015, 01:10   #1164
BHPian

This happened today to my neighbor's 4 months old Ciaz -

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-023.jpg

He apparently got out of the car forgetting to engage the gear and handbrake. The car rolled backwards and hit a pole. The impact looks to be a big one. Now, I'm not being judgmental here, the road outside my house is fairly level and the distance the car rolled back was about 10-15 mts. I'm pretty sure the car wouldn't have been at a great speed so the damage has really surprised me about the build quality of Maruti!

Last edited by Porschefire : 17th October 2015 at 01:13.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 01:35   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I'm pretty sure the car wouldn't have been at a great speed so the damage has really surprised me about the build quality of Maruti!
I saw a ciaz with a dent very similar to the one above around 5 pm bang opposite syndicate Bank in Vijayanagar. I'm wondering if this is the same car.

I thought he must have got rear ended by a two wheeler and the two wheeler guy disappeared. Can't believe hitting a pole at parking speeds caused this !
Old 17th October 2015, 16:03   #1166
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
the road outside my house is fairly level and the distance the car rolled back was about 10-15 mts. I'm pretty sure the car wouldn't have been at a great speed so the damage has really surprised me about the build quality of Maruti!
if it hit the pole within the first 2-3 meters, the damage would not have been much. > 10 meters is enough distance for a ~1 tonne load, slowly accelerating (without much friction) to gain enough momentum to cause such a damage. I am not surprised.
Old 17th October 2015, 16:22   #1167
BHPian

Though I know Ciaz is not built like a tank but still 10 - 15 meters is really a big distance. As venkyhere pointed out its ought to have some damage and don't forget that the bumpers are feather light (pedestrian safety).

Your neighbour is lucky to get away with only a dent and hope no one was injured. I have seen worse.
Old 17th October 2015, 16:22   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Just test drove the Ciaz A/T, and here are the observations:
- Was given a brand new Ciaz VXi - wasn't sure if it was a customer car but with a dent on the hood and 160kms on the clock, I doubt it would be. Nonetheless, didn't push the car much.
- The A/T is quite effortless in the city. There is good low-end pep to get you going to about 60-80 without complaint (took a drive within the city, so did not push the car much). Most gearshifts were shifting at around 2.5K - 3K rpm.
- Being a torque converter, the car would lurch forward and pick up speed quite quickly (with minimal accelerator input). Will definitely wear out the brake pads quickly compared to the M/T.
- Initially, just as I left the showroom, it felt as though the engine was fighting the urge to brake, but I got accustomed to this. Would have still preferred slightly more bite from the brakes.
- FE indicator was showing around 7kmpl - for the whole 160kms I am assuming. It increased marginally as I drove it around.
- Low speed ride quality was a little bumpy, but smoothened out when the speed got higher. Behaviour over undulations was better than the Verna, but I still hold that the Toyota Etios has a much better ride/handling package.
- There was a weird humming noise as I drove the car at a steady pace. Is it the NVH or could it be some other factor?
- Rear seat isn't as bad as it is made out to be. The headroom and support aren't great, but the egress and ingress is definitely better than the City IMO.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 21:02   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
This happened today to my neighbor's 4 months old Ciaz -

Attachment 1428067

He apparently got out of the car forgetting to engage the gear and handbrake. The car rolled backwards and hit a pole. The impact looks to be a big one. Now, I'm not being judgmental here, the road outside my house is fairly level and the distance the car rolled back was about 10-15 mts. I'm pretty sure the car wouldn't have been at a great speed so the damage has really surprised me about the build quality of Maruti!
Is the spot on which it got hit jinxed
Saw a ciaz in Delhi, which had a dent exactly in the same spot !!

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20151017-15.49.28.jpg
Old 17th October 2015, 21:36   #1170
BHPian

Ciaz sports edition is up next with all black interiors ( not sure what else). I saw it at dealership today when I went there to do PDI of my car. It looked fab.
So guys who are planning to buy in near future better check it out. To me, it felt like checking out a hot chick at my own wedding.
atnyia is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks