Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 12:27   #1171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Ciaz sports edition is up next with all black interiors ( not sure what else). I saw it at dealership today when I went there to do PDI of my car. It looked fab.
So guys who are planning to buy in near future better check it out. To me, it felt like checking out a hot chick at my own wedding.
Thats really good news. I have always hated beige interiors, what with the effort needed to maintain them, especially if you have kids in the house. But I think the sports edition in accordance to Maruti tradition should cost higher than the top spec version. I wish they would bring out some midspec version with black interiors. And could you post a pic here. Are there side skirts and dual paints which have become obligatory for Maruti sports editions.
Old 18th October 2015, 20:45   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
I wish they would bring out some midspec version with black interiors. And could you post a pic here. Are there side skirts and dual paints which have become obligatory for Maruti sports editions.
It was the top variant. It did have side skirts. Still nothing offensive about the design though and it looked cool to me.
It did not have any sticker job/funny looking paint anywhere. The car was displayed in Showroom so I think this will be the final version.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 14:25   #1173
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
It was the top variant. It did have side skirts. Still nothing offensive about the design though and it looked cool to me.
It did not have any sticker job/funny looking paint anywhere. The car was displayed in Showroom so I think this will be the final version.
Hello

Which dealership in Gurgaon are you alluding to? I too would like to check the car out.
Old 19th October 2015, 15:26   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Hello

Which dealership in Gurgaon are you alluding to? I too would like to check the car out.
I am buying from Sonepat.
Old 19th October 2015, 15:31   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
This happened today to my neighbor's 4 months old Ciaz -
He apparently got out of the car forgetting to engage the gear and handbrake. The car rolled backwards and hit a pole. The impact looks to be a big one. Now, I'm not being judgmental here, the road outside my house is fairly level and the distance the car rolled back was about 10-15 mts. I'm pretty sure the car wouldn't have been at a great speed so the damage has really surprised me about the build quality of Maruti!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71...ew?usp=sharing

Please check out this video. This is an at home solution for removing dents on a bumper. I haven't tried it out myself. But it seems to be an easy workaround over the standard procedure of heating the bumper to relieve a dent.
Old 19th October 2015, 15:45   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
I am buying from Sonepat.
Ok. I called up a dealership here in Gurgaon. He confirmed that such a model will be out this week. A spoiler and side skirting was all he knew about as the changes in the car.

He had earlier told me that Z+ version has 175 mm of GC - 5 mm for than the other trims due to an extra inch in the alloys. By how many mm can we expect the GC to drop by with the new skirting coming in? 10 mm?
Old 19th October 2015, 17:42   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71...ew?usp=sharing

Please check out this video. This is an at home solution for removing dents on a bumper. I haven't tried it out myself. But it seems to be an easy workaround over the standard procedure of heating the bumper to relieve a dent.
Alternatively, one may also use a hair dryer instead of hot water to heat the affected area. Slightly better control over the area being heated and you won't run out of hot air in the middle of heating.
Old 19th October 2015, 18:08   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Ciaz sports edition is up next with all black interiors ( not sure what else). I saw it at dealership today when I went there to do PDI of my car. It looked fab.
Quote:
But I think the sports edition in accordance to Maruti tradition should cost higher than the top spec version
Quote:
It was the top variant.
The new version is called CIAZ RS and has an all black interior and grey / chrome finish instrument panel.

Petrol variant: 9.2lacs ex-showroom Delhi
Diesel Hybrid variant : 10.28Lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

source : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49454363.cms
uday.ere is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 19:37   #1179
BHPian

http://www.motoroids.com/news/image-...inr-9-20-lakh/

The RS logo is a welcome (premium) change from the Z/V/X/D/i + - divide multiply

How I wish they had put in Cruise control, or atleast DRLs, or some chrome on the rear exhausts like they were in the concept car
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-marutisuzukiciazrs12.jpg  

multiloop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:08   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
The new version is called CIAZ RS and has an all black interior and grey / chrome finish instrument panel.

Petrol variant: 9.2lacs ex-showroom Delhi
Diesel Hybrid variant : 10.28Lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

source : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49454363.cms
How much is the ZXi+ now then ? The ZXi+ was around 9.5 lakhs ExShowroom. How did the ZXi+ RS end up lower by 30k. What's missing ?

Update
---------
Checked the specification in the CIAZ website. RS has everything that the ZXi+ has, plus black interiors, spoilers etc and is 30k cheaper is the new holds good. Interesting pricing. Wonder how Suzuki justifies the pricing.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-2.jpg

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 20th October 2015 at 15:30.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:33   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
How much is the ZXi+ now then ? The ZXi+ was around 9.5 lakhs ExShowroom. How did the ZXi+ RS end up lower by 30k. What's missing ?

Update
---------
Checked the specification in the CIAZ website. RS has everything that the ZXi+ has, plus black interiors, spoilers etc and is 30k cheaper is the new holds good. Interesting pricing. Wonder how Suzuki justifies the pricing.
ZXi+ is priced at 9.06lacs and the RS is priced at 9.2lacs. I feel a good price and the interiors look smashing now.

source : Ciaz website.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-rs_ciaz_slide4.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-rs_ciaz_slide5.jpg  

uday.ere is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:36   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
ZXi+ is priced at 9.06lacs and the RS is priced at 9.2lacs. I feel a good price and the interiors look smashing now.

source : Ciaz website.
I am sorry. You are right. I was comparing it to the prices in Bangalore where the ZXi+ is 9.5 Ex ShowRoom Approx.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 00:07   #1183
BHPian

Just had a short drive of my car with SHVS. In first gear, the car simply creeps forward without any accelerator input when I start leaving completely depressed clutch. Now, this is handy. But is it new, as there is no mention of this in official review?
Additionally, SHVS does help in picking up during low RPM. This is my experience. The help doesn't really compensates for the lack of turbo but nevertheless makes low end driving much more palatable.
Old 26th October 2015, 00:07   #1184
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine bought the RS version, Had a quick sneak peak, and must say black interiors look really nice! I found the rear bodykit just about to be okay, Front end was much better! Liked the RS badge too.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screen-shot-20151026-12.04.58-am.png

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-screen-shot-20151026-12.05.11-am.png
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 07:35   #1185
BHPian

The RS edition could have been the icing on the cake if it had the 1.4Tjet engine from the Punto abarth with uprated brakes and a firmer suspension with anti roll bars all around. The 1.6 DDIS engine if it were smoother could too also have been mated to this car for a 1.5 lakh premium but because of its added weight and lumpy/gruff nature I doubt whether the 1.6DDIS will ever find its way into the Ciaz. I shall be signing the cheque the day they shove in the 1.4tjet 145bhp version into the CiazRS for a Rs80000 premium. If wishes were Buffaloes , Lalu or Azam Khan would be Prime Minister. Shudder to think of the simile.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 27th October 2015 at 07:47.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks