Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 10:04   #106
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Excellent review. The biggest letdowns to me are the engines- both petrol and diesel. The Ciaz would definitely beg for a 1.6L petrol engine and for Diesel, Maruti needs to figure out an option beyond the "national engine" for cars like Ciaz (or perhaps even for Ertiga though not as important as people who buy Ertiga look for practicality whereas Ciaz has a different level of competition and a different breed of buyers).
Car-go-man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 10:08   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carophilic View Post
@ Neethi: From where did you come to know that touchscreen won't be provided. That info is grossly incorrect. In fact the optional or z+ variants will only be available by December or early next year. Pls check your facts before posting.
I stand corrected. You are right. The Ciaz Z+ has a touchscreen which none of the city variants don't have.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:43   #108
BANNED

Arrogance on the strength of 10-12,000 bookings? And competition being faster on the uptake, ready to counter anything, as well as better.

I have received two calls so far -

A) One from a competitor manufacturer, who knew exactly which variant, fuel type, colour I had ordered in the Ciaz, and offered me a tailor-made alternative from their stable at a substantial discount. When I asked if test drive could be organised at 0730 tomorow morning, the answer was "yes" right away. On delivery, they assured me prior Diwali in 2 colours, others there would be a delay.

B) Another from Maruti, basis my online query, giving me an "apology" which means nothing, and then asking me which variant, colour and fuel type I had ordered, when all they had to do is use the same phone number they called me on in their CRM.

Here is Maruti's response on email as of this morning -

Quote:
""7 October 2014 09:56

subject: RE: Maruti Ciaz - procedure for those who have booked the car?

Dear Mr. Malik,

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.

We have received your communication regarding Maruti Suzuki Ciaz details.

We value you as a member of Maruti family and sincerely acknowledge the inconvenience you have been experiencing. At Maruti Suzuki, our customers are the biggest assets for us and any discomfort felt by our customers is our top concern.

We would like to inform you that as of now there is no official information regarding the price details of Ciaz. However, we suggest you to keep in touch with our website (www.marutisuzuki.com) for latest updates. Maruti Suzuki is committed to provide consumer friendly products to our esteem customers like you.

For more information regarding the same we request you to contact the same dealership from where you have booked your car.

However, we request you to send us the name, address and code of the Maruti authorized dealer showroom from where you have booked your car along with your car variant (Ciaz VXI TUNER / CIAZ VXI ABS A/B TUNER / CIAZ ZXI / CIAZ ZXI KLS / CIAZ AT VXI ABS A/B TUNER / CIAZ AT ZXI / CIAZ VDI TUNER / CIAZ VDI ABS A/B TUNER / CIAZ ZDI / CIAZ ZDI KLS) and date of booking of your car.

In order to get details regarding the dealer showroom, you may visit the following URL.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/dealer.aspx

This will help us to expedite your query at the earliest.

We are looking forward to receive the required information. We will do our best to assist you in best possible manner.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.
"

What should a customer do when Maruti says this, and wonder how many more cancellations they will get before they start re-thinking their arrogant "strategy"?

"“There are around 1.4 million customers in India who own either a Swift or a Dzire and may be looking at upgrading. Ciaz is for them. We think we should be able to sell around 60,000-80,000 units every year,” added Ayukawa."

We own two Swifts and an Alto, before that we have owned Vans and Zens, and we booked a Ciaz, but this is going to probably go almost along the same lines of why we went in 2004 to buy a Baleno but came back with an Optra instead.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2014 at 15:16. Reason: Please use QUOTE instead of bold for such a purpose. Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 10:58   #109
Senior - BHPian

With the hype and to some extent the understandable excitement, Ciaz will surely hit the bull's eye.

I can certainly see the death knell for some very competitive cars:

1) Ford Fiesta
2) Fiat Linea
3) Nissan Sunny/Scala(if ever Scala existed).
4) Vento

Verna will also have a great dent in sales and City may start offering some discounts now.

Maruti has certainly let out the "big cat" among the pigeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
Arrogance on the strength of 10-12,000 bookings? And competition being faster on the uptake, ready to counter anything, as well as better.

""7 October 2014 09:56

subject: RE: Maruti Ciaz - procedure for those who have booked the car?

Dear Mr. Malik,

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.

However, we request you to send us the name, address and code of the Maruti authorized dealer showroom from where you have booked your car along with your car variant (Ciaz VXI TUNER / CIAZ VXI ABS A/B TUNER / CIAZ ZXI / CIAZ ZXI KLS / CIAZ AT VXI ABS A/B TUNER / CIAZ AT ZXI / CIAZ VDI TUNER / CIAZ VDI ABS A/B TUNER / CIAZ ZDI / CIAZ ZDI KLS) and date of booking of your car.

In order to get details regarding the dealer showroom, you may visit the following URL.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/dealer.aspx

This will help us to expedite your query at the earliest.

We are looking forward to receive the required information. We will do our best to assist you in best possible manner.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.
"
Honestly speaking, did not find anything arrogant in the mail sent to you.

The tone is polite, the sentences are cordial and the entire essence is that of a request and gratitude.

Imagine a company alone selling more than most of the competition combined per month, every month for the last 20+ years.

It is not through arrogance but through trust and I know for sure that their outlook towards CRM has made a totally non Maruti believer "believe" in their products. Now happy, now converted and ever praising for their outlook!!

Last edited by Eddy : 7th October 2014 at 11:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:14   #110
BHPian

I am completely in love with the Ciaz after reading this review. The side profile is so sleek and elegant and the design is beautiful. The front looks like some of the Lexus cars from a few years back. This could be my next car. I have to keep telling myself that my Jetta is a better car and that I have no need to be jealous!

If only the Ciaz came with side airbags and ESP, it would be the perfect car.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:14   #111
BANNED

Arrogance is in the part that you have so kindly deleted, dear arnabchak, and is repeated here -

"We would like to inform you that as of now there is no official information regarding the price details of Ciaz. However, we suggest you to keep in touch with our website (www.marutisuzuki.com) for latest updates. Maruti Suzuki is committed to provide consumer friendly products to our esteem customers like you.

For more information regarding the same we request you to contact the same dealership from where you have booked your car."
"

20 hours after the price announcement, an answer like this, displays arrogance if it expects me to swallow the information provided.

Humbly submitted.
malq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:35   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

20 hours after the price announcement, an answer like this, displays arrogance if it expects me to swallow the information provided.

Humbly submitted.
I can understand the mail being ignorant. But I see no arrogance here. I would expect them to have the information handy or to have done a double check before replying to the mail.

It shows ignorance on part of the person who replied to you. But he has also requested you to come up with some more info regarding the booking. Do tell if that helped them give you the requested information.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:41   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Malq,

I am in agreement with some other FMs who see no arrogance there. I don't feel that any part of the mail is arrogant. But Ignorant - for sure as the time stamp is of today and prices were disclosed yesterday. Also, it directs you to MSIL website for latest updates where the price list is available. Though, I would not rate it as perfect protocol for such a query.

Regards,
Saket
Old 7th October 2014, 11:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

1) Ford Fiesta
2) Fiat Linea
4) Vento

Verna will also have a great dent in sales and City may start offering some discounts now.
It's not like Ford Fiesta and Fiat Linea are competing with Maruti for sales. These are not cars, usually profiled by the individuals preferring to go with a Maruti car (service reputation, reliability, cheaper to own myth, etc.). So definitely no death knell for these cars due to the launch of the Ciaz.

Could agree that it could lose further sales opportunities to Ciaz, the Sunny & Scala (as they're not exactly enthusiast preferred cars). But again, both these cars aren't having considerable sales to worry that they'll lose it to Ciaz. They're already in trouble due to non-preference in the market. Losing some more will probably make the manufacturer rethink strategy/need for these cars.

Vento is another enthusiast car which caters to different consumer. But chances do exist someone trying to stretch for the Vento may sway the Ciaz way, for features, etc.. May be negligible is my belief..

Last edited by k_ajay : 7th October 2014 at 11:47.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:45   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Humbly submitted.
Yes, even i don't see any arrogance in that mail, its a standard email/response which was send before the pricing was announced. It's a mistake from the sender. Since, you have already booked, I think the dealer should be able to assist you.

Some of the other manufacturers might bend their back to pull some of the "Waiting list" customers from the Ciaz queue. This happens always when there is a new launch, especially if there is a huge waiting period.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:52   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
It's not like Ford Fiesta and Fiat Linea are competing with Maruti for sales. These are not cars, usually profiled by the individuals preferring to go with a Maruti car (service reputation, reliability, cheaper to own myth, etc.). So definitely no death knell for these cars due to the launch of the Ciaz.

Could agree that it could lose further sales opportunities to Ciaz, the Sunny & Scala (as they're not exactly enthusiast preferred cars). But again, both these cars aren't having considerable sales to worry that they'll lose it to Ciaz.

Vento is another enthusiast car which caters to different consumer. But chances do exist someone trying to stretch for the Vento may sway the Ciaz way, for features, etc.. May be negligible is my belief..
Exactly the point Ajay.

Most of these cars Sunny/Scala/Linea and even the Fiesta are selling so low nos. that maybe even the two/three digit sales figues they achieve will be decimated.

An old saying goes this way "Boond boond se ghara bharta hain".

Ciaz can gain almost 700-800 nos. from Fiesta/Sunny/Scala/Linea combine.
That is a sizable chunk which Maruti officials will welcome with open hands.

Quote:
Arrogance is in the part that you have so kindly deleted, dear arnabchak, and is repeated here -

"We would like to inform you that as of now there is no official information regarding the price details of Ciaz. However, we suggest you to keep in touch with our website (www.marutisuzuki.com) for latest updates. Maruti Suzuki is committed to provide consumer friendly products to our esteem customers like you.

For more information regarding the same we request you to contact the same dealership from where you have booked your car."
"

Humbly submitted.

"Ignorance is Bliss".

But am I being blind. I am yet to see the arrogance!!

Sorry Malq, but I still do not feel that the mail was arrogant at any point.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th October 2014 at 17:09. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:57   #117
BANNED

I guess we have different levels of expectations from corporate service and product providors.

In my case, if a corporate chooses to make statements that imply that just because I bought one product of theirs I shall buy more, but without giving me any form of minimal expectation of decent service, then that is corporate arrogance - especially when I have booked basis blind faith in said corporate.

I do expect service, not servitude, and in addition, pleading "ignorance" that prices have been announced a solid 20 hours after the prices have been announced shows how much the said corporate cares for their potential customers. In addition, if the said corporate is unable to use its own vast CRM resources to track down the booking I made, and best advice is that I should literally chase the dealer, then I take that as arrogance, and maybe it is better for me to start thinking - this is the attitude before buying, how will it be after buying?

This is a 8-11 lakhs buying decision I am making, in a day and age when even when buying something for 800 rupees I am now getting used to receiving full details and service.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:08   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

1) Ford Fiesta
2) Fiat Linea
4) Vento
Oh c'mon. Someone who is considering a Fiesta or a Linea or a Vento won't give the Ciaz a second look. Less than a hundred horses under the hood? You gotta be kidding me... The Ciaz is strictly for "kitna deti hai" Maruti Suzuki loyalists, which of course are a large number in our mileage obsessed country. Enthusiasts will give the Ciaz a wide berth.

If I had a million rupees to spend, I'd pick up the Polo GT TSI in a jiffy. You can keep the leg room and all the fancy gizmos.
TheLizardKing is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:13   #119
Senior - BHPian

@ Lizard.

I am not comparing an apple to an orange. What I mean to say is that every one who is buying a Fiesta or a Linea may not be the well informed "enthusiast".

For him, 100 horses or 89 horses will not mean a major thing.
A car from a reputed and trusted brand like Maruti with a decent VFM tag is enough to get them to the showrooms and eventually result in a sale.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:20   #120
BHPian

Maruti will get a lot of bookings for the LDi variant for taxis and AT variants.

For personal use if we compare this to Corolla Altis diesel or even the Honda city i-Dtec, maruti scores as far as the pricing is concerned. Corolla Altis diesel is also pretty bland to drive and very overpriced.

If you are looking for workhorse for home, I think Maruti has a winner here. Even if its going to be chaffeur driven, I think they will score.

Its good they have reduced the margin between the petrol and diesel to less than 50k. Toyota and Honda will have to rethink their pricing after this.

510 liters boot space. What can I say? I have a 2009 Dzire and 99.99% of the time, the boot is empty. Anyway that is what I feel of a big boot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks