Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 15:16   #1216
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Quick question. The manual says recommended engine oil is FS 0W20 which is available at around 400/ltr in the service stations but most of the owners here I see are filling in FS 5W40 which costs around 1000/ltr which is 2.5 times the price.

So we are going against what the manufacture recommends and we are also paying 2.5 times what is recommended. Is the 5W40 really that much better or am I missing something obvious ? Or are the service stations having a gala time pushing something that is not needed.
If I am not mistaken, its -

0W40 is Full Synthetic for Petrol Engine
5W40 is Full Synthetic for Diesel Engine

0W20 is Semi Synthetic for Petrol and
5W30 is Semi Synthetic for Diesel.
Old 17th November 2015, 16:36   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
If I am not mistaken, its -

0W40 is Full Synthetic for Petrol Engine
5W40 is Full Synthetic for Diesel Engine

0W20 is Semi Synthetic for Petrol and
5W30 is Semi Synthetic for Diesel.
Not really. Shell has collaborated with MS to come up with a 0W20 FS to be sold as MGA at a really reasonable price to keep cost of ownership less.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150606_104938.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20151001132751.jpg

And that's why I am confused if I am missing something as the manual suggests 0W20 and MGA has also collaborated with Shell to sell a 0w20 FS for quite a reasonable price but still most of us are going for the more expensive 5W40 against the manual recommendation. I was wondering if I am missing something.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3815971

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st December 2015 at 08:29. Reason: Inserting images as attachments.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:55   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. Shell has collaborated with MS to come up with a 0W20 FS to be sold as MGA at a really reasonable price to keep cost of ownership less.
Decoding Engine Oil Grade - Sample 5W-30
5W - Here W is Winter Grade. 5W is Viscosity Grade of Cold Start and 0W indicates that Vehicle can start easily in even Coldest or Freezing Conditions. Had it been 10W-30 - it would have implied 10W for conditions where temperature remains a bit higher

Low Winter (W) viscosity lets Oil flows in Engine in colder conditions much quickly with lesser dry running. Less dry running means much less engine wear.

30 in 5w-30 determines the thickness of Oil at Engine Temperature of 100 Degree C. Its best to follow the recommendation as per Owner Manual on thickness on maximum operating temperature. 30c is a thin Oil than 40 in maximum operating temperature of Engine.

Now, from Ciaz Owner's Manual,

For Petrol Engine Model >
SAE 0W-20 (1) is the best choice for good fuel economy, and good starting in cold weather.

For Diesel Engine Model >
SAE 5W-30 (1) is the best choice for good fuel economy, and good starting in cold weather.

Go by what Manual Says !
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 12:35   #1219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey, Any update on the issue and have you sent any email to Maruti regarding the issue?!

Have you received any reply?
I received a call from the Team leader and Customer Relations Manager from the dealership asking me why did I write a mail directly to Maruti instead of writing an email to them. Post that discussion he agreed that they will work towards fixing the issue and have the Motor ready to pump out the water when ever it rains.

Received an email from Maruti stating the below.

Quote:
We regret the inconvenience caused to you during post-sales process.

We assure you to continue to serve you to the best of our ability. Thank you for your patience with us. We hope to serve you better in future.
Old 18th November 2015, 12:48   #1220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
Post that discussion he agreed that they will work towards fixing the issue and have the Motor ready to pump out the water when ever it rains.
LOL to the reply and their future actions. Good that they have woken up. IIRC wasn't your car in that submerged lot too?

What about your car and the long term damage due to standing in water stagnation?

Any reply on that?
Old 18th November 2015, 13:16   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
I received a call from the Team leader and Customer Relations Manager from the dealership asking me why did I write a mail directly to Maruti instead of writing an email to them. Post that discussion he agreed that they will work towards fixing the issue and have the Motor ready to pump out the water when ever it rains.

Received an email from Maruti stating the below.
I took delivery from Poplar Vehicles Chennai, on Monday, last week. It had started raining, the first of the heavy spells and had already started flooding. Thankfully, the yard wasn't flooded at that time. The rain continued on, through out the week, causing massive floodings in and around Chennai. I wonder what will be the fate of the cars scheduled for delivery this week.

This issue needs to be taken up with the top brass of Maruti. Since you have the photographs, you could send a detailed mail to prominent magazines like Autocar. They will take up the issue with the manufacturer and get the matter resolved.
Old 18th November 2015, 13:28   #1222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
LOL to the reply and their future actions. Good that they have woken up. IIRC wasn't your car in that submerged lot too?

What about your car and the long term damage due to standing in water stagnation?

Any reply on that?
No No..Our car was not submerged..It was parked inside the Garage which I have also mentioned in my earlier post
Old 18th November 2015, 22:15   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I have not yet done an official photo-shot, I doubt it will happen also. Anyways here is one shot with my phone camera. Many more changes are yet to come-in with the days to come. Will do constant update. It sure will be one of a kind CIAZ.
Love your upgrades.
I m in the process of a ZDI+ delivery and would like to upgrade to 205/55 R16 tires.
Love the looks and I am ok with a slight drop in efficiency.
However, I am concerned about a few issues about the tire upgrade:
1. Wheel well scraping during full weight or speed bumps?
2. Is there a drop in acceleration?
3. Has the tire noise increased or reduced?

Would be very grateful if you can reply to before I take delivery in a couple of days.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st November 2015, 16:45   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question. The manual says recommended engine oil is FS 0W20 which is available at around 400/ltr in the service stations but most of the owners here I see are filling in FS 5W40 which costs around 1000/ltr which is 2.5 times the price.

So we are going against what the manufacture recommends and we are also paying 2.5 times what is recommended. Is the 5W40 really that much better or am I missing something obvious ? Or are the service stations having a gala time pushing something that is not needed.
Hi Abhishek,

I see how I may have cause a stir. But yea, the 5W40 oil was out of ignorance rather than choice. All I told the service rep was "I need petrol engine oil" (pretty miffed with Pratham right now).

A little research does suggest that 0W20 would be sufficient for our cars. The "20" rating for 100 degree viscosity seems about acceptable for temperatures in India. Though it's a little strange that a "0W" is the recommended cold temperature viscosity (For a country like India which does not have too many ultra cold months).

Bottom line being manufacturer knows best. On that note, could you please give a contact person / reference at Suraksha? I'm assuming I don't HAVE to have my third free service done at Pratham itself.
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 01:17   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi All
Wanted to update the group on the issue I had with my smartplay infotainment. Had lots of lag and rear camera getting frozen most times. Took the car to MASS today as the manager had mentioned it needed a software update. Debated with him why such software updates are available only when customers have issue and not on a periodic basis. Simple response, " Sir , MARUTI has instructed us to do so".

So with regards to the update it was quite simple. The manager had a pen drive with the update, plug in and the infotainnment started downloading the files. Took 20 minutes to complete. Voila!! . now the touch response is butter smooth and no more lags.

Checked on the updates for the navigation system as well. Manager mentioned that I will get a call from them whenever there is an update. Not sure though!

But came back satisfied and without any teething issues with the infotainment. The only pic I could take in the otherwise busy conversations.
Does the System shows the name of FM station or only frequency. Would appreciate your reply
Old 1st December 2015, 09:31   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Does the System shows the name of FM station or only frequency. Would appreciate your reply
Just the frequency. I also enquired about the new upgrade available in Baleno. No response from Maruti
Old 5th December 2015, 20:53   #1227
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz to go premium with facelift in 2016, will join Nexa!

Maruti is getting ready to give a mild-facelift to its Ciaz sedan in the country and the model will also be upgraded as a premium offering to be sold through Nexa.

Quote:
The changes in the facelifted avatar of Ciaz would be limited to visual modifications and the model is expected be launched in February, around the 2016 Auto Expo. Maruti is expected to give Ciaz a premium touch both inside and outside.
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/scoop-marut...in-nexa-658064
Old 5th December 2015, 21:46   #1228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Ciaz to go premium with facelift in 2016, will join Nexa
This has to happen anyway. Hope we have better ways to handle customers and faster delivery with the "real premium" experience.

Hope Maruti doesn't plonk the 1.6L DDiS in the Ciaz as a limited edition just to get rid of the engine inventory. :(
Old 6th December 2015, 11:25   #1229
BHPian

Looks Like the Facelift Ciaz 2016 will have all black Interior like Ciaz RS.
Old 6th December 2015, 22:43   #1230
BHPian

I went for Ciaz test drive today. There is no offers on the car even though it's year end. He claims that it's the best selling car in the segment. I told him Honda City sales is consistently more than that of Ciaz. His reply "No. This is the best selling car saar. Lot of demand saar. No discount or offers".

Moreover, he told there will be ~30k price hike next month. Anyone heard of such a price hike OR is he just trying to get a quick booking?
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks