Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 10:24   #1411
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway_rider View Post
Thank you all guys for your valuable suggestions and help.

I have finalized ZDI variant of Ciaz.

got my car booked today.

Congrats on the booking... hope you have a lovely experience with the car
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:05   #1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Congrats highway_rider. Would you mind sharing the discounts given by the dealer, also if it's 2015 or 2016 model?
Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Regarding the discounts.

Consumer offer: 10000
Smart City scheme(discount on hybrid by govt.): 13000
Additional Discount(unofficial, which my dealer mentioned not to disclose to the Maruti officials): 7000
Extra Inclusion: MGA basic kit worth ~3594

Making it total of 33594.

highway_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:07   #1413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Congrats on the booking... hope you have a lovely experience with the car
Thanks a lot, I will be sharing my experience with you lot definitely.

Cheers
Old 12th March 2016, 14:48   #1414
BHPian

Dad gave our Diesel ciaz for 20km servicing. There were no complaints with the car, just the usual rattles.Before giving the car for servicing i had casually reminded him not to authorize anything that is not mentioned in the manual,not even wheel alignment.
I knew maruti service wasn't cheap as its made out to be, they are kings in fooling customers into buying useless stuff.Anyways dad was a victim of their sweet talk. posting the bill for your reference.

I could have saved about 2.5k by skipping on the engine decarbon ,engine flush and by doing wheel alignment/balancing outside.According to the SA, the "service kit,new swift diesel" that is marked in red, consists of air filter and fuel filter. I wonder how much each thing cost.
Still i wonder what will the owner of a 6 lakh swift diesel feel paying the same amount as a 10 lakh ciaz. But then shouldn't this thought make me feel better?

I just wonder how much does a 20k km service of other competitors cost? I know that the old figo diesel costed 5k for 20km service with similar list of parts to be replaced and the Ecosport diesel costs around 6-7k for the 20k km service with fuel filter replacement.

Anyways. Dad has learnt his mistake, though he is not bothered much!
We have also given our 2012 alto for steering rack and bushes replacement. There too the cost is around 7k but ill post about this in the appropriate thread.

This should serve as a reminder to all owners not to get fleeced and to those who say maruti service is cheap i
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciaz-20k.jpg  

rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 16:35   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I just wonder how much does a 20k km service of other competitors cost? I know that the old figo diesel costed 5k for 20km service with similar list of parts to be replaced and the Ecosport diesel costs around 6-7k for the 20k km service with fuel filter replacement.
This is seriously day light robbery from service centers. It is there across all car service centers and if we stick to the manual then we can surely save close to 2K. Recently got my XUV serviced at 20K and the bill came up to 5800/-, but I could have saved at least 1K if the engine coating and A/C cleaning was not done.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 17:45   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Dad gave our Diesel ciaz for 20km servicing. Anyways dad was a victim of their sweet talk. posting the bill for your reference.

I could have saved about 2.5k by skipping on the engine decarbon ,engine flush and by doing wheel alignment/balancing outside.

Anyways. Dad has learnt his mistake, though he is not bothered much!

This should serve as a reminder to all owners not to get fleeced and to those who say maruti service is cheap i
This is daylight robbery ...and add to it that your Dad didnt complained is a moral boost for them to try the same tactics on next vehicle.

3 sachets of useless screen wash ?!
50rs for distilled water for battery ?!
Wheel Balancing/Alignment alone totals around 900rs+ ! Same outside, including weight costs 300 to 400 !

Looking at above strengthens my belief that I'll just get the BASIC covered in scheduled maintenance, get a note of what else to change, and get it replaced outside and half the price.

For sure I made a mistake of buying extended warranty - meaning that I'll have to stick with MASS till my 4 years complete.
Old 13th March 2016, 00:37   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
This is seriously day light robbery from service centers. It is there across all car service centers and if we stick to the manual then we can surely save close to 2K. Recently got my XUV serviced at 20K and the bill came up to 5800/-, but I could have saved at least 1K if the engine coating and A/C cleaning was not done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
This is daylight robbery ...and add to it that your Dad didnt complained is a moral boost for them to try the same tactics on next vehicle. .......
For sure I made a mistake of buying extended warranty - meaning that I'll have to stick with MASS till my 4 years complete.
I see this happening very often with Maruti and Hyundai service.Many owners dont complain since these SA with their sweet talk hoodwink people into buying useless extras on the pretext that its good for their cars.
Even though most owners are not enthusiasts, the SA fool them by reminding them that this is a once in year service and such extras will help your car be smoother and last longer, poor customers have some attachment to their cars and decide to go ahead .
Even when these customers discuss casually among their friends about their service experiance, such extras dont raise an alarm since even their friends who have marutis are billed for such extras and they think its the norm and somehow adds more value.

The extended warranties is another trap to make you stick to their service centers.I guess for any wear and tear parts like brake pads,suspension etc,should be done outside since these things hardly have any long warranty on them.

And dont get me started on Marutis labor costs. Every 6 months there is a slight increase in costs for specific labor service.Comparing the labor costs of ford, i can safely that ford is atleast 5-10 % cheaper than Maruti
sorry for Going OT, now back to the Ciaz.

As expected after a service, the Car feels slightly more refined.Nothing much has changed though before and after the service. Rattles are still present,though it occurs on bad roads and doesn't bother us much but still its not as rattle free as our 5 year old Figo!!, surprising,i know!

All in all, The Ciaz is a comfortable car for sedate drivers,excellent for backseat owners/Family,though look elsewhere if you value that smile on your face every time you floor the accelerator.

Regards
Old 13th March 2016, 19:27   #1418
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz facelift is rumored to be launched in this festive season. Likely to move to Nexa - Maruti Suzuki's premium outlet.

Quote:
The new model is likely to have modestly updated design besides addition of features such as Apple CarPlay and LED light guides. To give it an edge over competitors, Maruti Suzuki may make the 1.6-liter DDiS320 diesel engine available as an option. This motor is good for 120 bhp and 320 Nm of torque and has potential to put the Ciaz in a completely different league from what it is in now
Quote:
Interestingly, Maruti is also bringing 1.0-liter BoosterJet petrol engine in the Indian market. The Baleno RS, officially confirmed to launch in India around festive season, will be the first product to show that off under the hood. And the Ciaz could be the second. It’s a turbocharged engine that, as Maruti says, is performance oriented with 110 PS and 140 Nm of torque at in its veins. The BoosterJet powered Ciaz can well rival the likes of Volkswagen Vento TSi, Fiat Linea T-Jet and other high-spec models in the segment.
http://www.indianhoods.com/news/car-...ming-nexa-car/
Old 13th March 2016, 19:30   #1419
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope maruti starts production of 1.6 ddis in India and plonk it into more models. This engine is a gem and torque monster. Hope maruti gives stiffer springs too if they plonk 1.6 ddis in ciaz.
Old 13th March 2016, 19:57   #1420
BHPian

Maruti even didnt venture to give the 89bhp motor as an option on the baleno, when most of its competitors have more potent engines. So why should it give the 1.6 engine in Ciaz as an option.
Old 15th March 2016, 12:39   #1421
BHPian

I took the test-drive of Ciaz last week and the sales person mentioned that a 1.6L Ciaz Diesel is on the way. It will happen with the move of Ciaz into Nexa dealership and the existing models will get a minor feature upgrade like led. I am hoping that it will also get auto-headlamps and auto-rain sensing wipers.
Old 15th March 2016, 13:39   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I could have saved about 2.5k by skipping on the engine decarbon ,engine flush and by doing wheel alignment/balancing outside.
You could have saved even more. Brake cleaning too is not really required IMHO. And "nano drops" for Rs 130? Seriously? What kind of cutting edge nano technology is this?

You could have saved this:
Diesel decarbonisation: 1215
Engine flush: 600
Nano Drops: 130
Brake cleaner: 160
Service plus: 238

Labour:
Brake cleaning: 504
Service plus: 54
Decarbonising: 392

That is around 3300 Rupees. Further saving could be possible by doing wheel alignment/balancing outside.

Also note the recommendation of next service in 5K km/6 months as usual, in spite of 10K/1 year service interval
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 14:22   #1423
BHPian

2 part post:

1. I bought my ZXi AT on Jan 1st 2015 and I've been nothing but bitter about the upgrades being offered since, first it was the Plus variant, now talk of the 1.6 option with cosmetic changed. Great for new customers, but i feel like my 15 month old car is already being relegated to the "outdated" realm.

2. I'm a predominantly solo driver (no passengers), on a few occasions when I did have someone in the rear seat (seated on the left) i would hear a clunk from the rear left side of the car whenever i drove over a bump. the best way to describe the sound is the noise the sheet metal on a cars door makes when you release the pressure of leaning on it. its sort of like a "clunk". I assumed it was an issue with the rear left suspension and i had the suspension checked during my second free service. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. The issue persisted, noticeable only on the rare occasion I had a passenger in the rear on the left. When I went to drop the car off for its 3rd free service i went a step ahead and put the service engineer in the left rear seat and took him for a drive; lo and behold the sound returned. After a days investigation it appeared to be a manufacturing defect of a portion of the car under the seat (he didn't get into details). It was duly replaces for free and I have been noise free since no matter who is sitting where !

Last edited by reihem : 15th March 2016 at 14:25.
Old 15th March 2016, 15:01   #1424
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
1. I bought my ZXi AT on Jan 1st 2015 and I've been nothing but bitter about the upgrades being offered since, first it was the Plus variant, now talk of the 1.6 option with cosmetic changed. Great for new customers, but i feel like my 15 month old car is already being relegated to the "outdated" realm.
That is how the industry works mate. Automobile industry is very dynamic, perhaps only next to the smartphone industry. A 15 month old car getting updated is nothing new actually.
Be happy that you did not go for the VW Vento.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 15:51   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
That is how the industry works mate. Automobile industry is very dynamic, perhaps only next to the smartphone industry. A 15 month old car getting updated is nothing new actually.
Be happy that you did not go for the VW Vento.
Or the Polo.

Polo probably gets an update once every month!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks