Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 13:07   #1456
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Even i got the upgrade done. Got 28k for sale of 4nos 15" OEM alloy with tyre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
got a buyback of 27k for my OE 15" alloys and goodyear tyres, could have got 2k more if I had mrf tyres.
Would guys be able to speculate as to how much I might get only for the 15" OEM alloys? I would be willing to buy the 16" OEMs from the same showroom

I plan on getting the 16" OEMs as well. But my 15" MRFs have done little under 30k. So not expecting much (probably nothing) for the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
I am looking to buy Ciaz 16" alloys for my Swift ZXI. The dealer quoted 5800 each, is there any other way I can get those alloys for a lesser price?
Also MercFan, if you're by any remote chance interested in the 15" alloys, let me know. Let's try and figure out price and logistics.

Last edited by Jeevith : 31st March 2016 at 13:10. Reason: Inclusion of one more quote.
Old 31st March 2016, 14:25   #1457
BHPian

@jeevith
The alloys when new would fetch around 14k. Not really sure what you would be able to get now.
superboy44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 15:26   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
@jeevith
The alloys when new would fetch around 14k. Not really sure what you would be able to get now.
Hmm....I guess i'll be out of pocket by about 40k net after the tyre upgrade.
Old 31st March 2016, 21:17   #1459
BHPian

Booked Ciaz ZDI - Dignity Brown from Mandovi motors. After haggling for more than 2 weeks with various dealers, got a good deal (thanks to TBHP suggestion regarding new car purchase)

- Completed PDI, Jan 2016 Manufactured vehicle.
- Purchased insurance online.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 11:38   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Also MercFan, if you're by any remote chance interested in the 15" alloys, let me know. Let's try and figure out price and logistics.
Swift comes with 15" bro, looking to up-size 16". Loved Ciaz stock alloys, hence checking if someone has upgraded their stock alloys and willing to sell the removed ones.
Old 1st April 2016, 21:20   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Maruti has silently introduced the AT option for the ZXi+ variant

Earlier, the Ciaz had AT options only for the VXi+ and ZXi trims.

My first suspicions arose when I saw the new Ciaz Automatic TVC. It features the autobox in a ZXi+ trim.

I got the latest pricelist when I went to checkout the Brezza. This is what I see. Kindly click to ZOOM.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20160401_211306.jpg

However the presence of such a variant has not been updated on Maruti's site yet, so I think, its a recent introduction.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 21:53   #1462
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Looks like Maruti has silently introduced the AT option for the ZXi+ variant

Earlier, the Ciaz had AT options only for the VXi+ and ZXi trims.

My first suspicions arose when I saw the new Ciaz Automatic TVC. It features the autobox in a ZXi+ trim.

However the presence of such a variant has not been updated on Maruti's site yet, so I think, its a recent introduction.

Regards,
Shashi
This trim was launched more than a month ago-

http://overdrive.in/news/maruti-suzu...rs-10-19-lakh/

Was reported right here too-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3920390
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:42   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Would guys be able to speculate as to how much I might get only for the 15" OEM alloys? I would be willing to buy the 16" OEMs from the same showroom

I plan on getting the 16" OEMs as well. But my 15" MRFs have done little under 30k. So not expecting much (probably nothing) for the tyres.
You will get maximum 15k on the 15" alloy unless you sell it online.
You will definitely get Rs300-500 per tyre at 30k km.
Are you sure you want only the OEM 16" alloy, why don't you try something which makes your car stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
- Completed PDI, Jan 2016 Manufactured vehicle.
- Purchased insurance online.
Congrats on your new car. How much was the final on-road price for the model?
How did you buy insurance online with the MIL mafia system in place. Is your dealer a new player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post

Also please advice, Swift running on bigger 16" will effect the mileage. Thanks in advance.
16" alloy of Ciaz will be very difficult to get in the market, it would affect the mileage marginally.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:55   #1464
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
From this pricelist, it is very clear that Maruti is charging a premium(1.2 lakhs) for the automatic variant. Doesn't look too VFM for a 4-Speed automatic.
Old 4th April 2016, 13:03   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post

Congrats on your new car. How much was the final on-road price for the model?
How did you buy insurance online with the MIL mafia system in place. Is your dealer a new player?

Onroad price in Bangalore for ZDI Variant - 11,93,xxx

Got below discounts

1. Consumer offer - 10k
2. Corporate offer - 10k
3. Fame discount from Govt. of India. 13k
4. Exchange bonus - 25k
5. Basic accessories kit - free
6. Additional Accessories worth 10k
7. Saved around 5-6k for buying insurance online, actually the sales advisor was honest and straight forward, he told me, i can buy insurance from anywhere but if i buy from their showroom, i would get hassle free claims.
8. Got loan approved within 15 hrs from State bank of Hyderabad and no processing fees or any other fees (paid only stamp charges)
9. Not sure if you guys are aware of this, since Ciaz is a Hybrid vehicle (as per GOI), there was no additional tax on this car after the budget hike! whereas cars like honda city had a hike of around 50,000

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...need-know.html)

+ My old car was worth around 80k in market(based on quotes from olx and other similar sites) for 10 year old Tata indica xeta (it was in very good condition)

Initially pratham motors quoted 65k, other dealers quoted around 80k, i started bargaining a lot and finally Mandovi offered 1 lakh + Exchange bonus of 25k.
Sri Vathsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 06:42   #1466
BHPian

Did My First Highwary drive in the ZXi+
Hyderabad-Nagpur @500kms.Took @6.5hrs.
FE tank full ti tank full 17.25km/l which I hope will improve as time passes. Being a solo drive was expecting a higher FE. Total Kms covered before the trip was about 1600kms.
The drive is very conformable, eats up rough patches without getting unsettled not that I encountered any really bad patches NH7 till the border is superb.
A/C is a gem works beautifully even at 43C . Sound insulation on good surfaces is fine but an issue on rough patches. The engine growl does filter in but no complaints here Love it!! The steering feels well weighted but have to be a bit careful at higher speeds because of the oversteer.

The only issue faced is at 90-100kmph , just befor120kmph & about 135kmph hit a wobble. Had earlier on a trip to the Samshabad airport faced it, had got the tyres balanced during the first service found no issue.
It becomes very uncomfortable to drive with the wobble at these speeds. At 110kmph wobble dissappeared. So for most of the drive was holding on to between 100 to 110. Will be taking it up with Maruti soon.
All in all fell in love with the Ciaz again!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-studio_20160403_122530.jpg  

rdhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:18   #1467
BHPian

Note from Moderator: Removing all off topic posts. Kindly stay on topic, use the relevant thread to discuss grammar.

Also, Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Furthermore, please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by .anshuman : 7th April 2016 at 11:52. Reason: See note in the post
rdhan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2016, 12:17   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
Finally my brother in law who owns a car accessory store here in Pune helped we with a few contacts and directed me towards a seat cover manufacturing unit in dhairi. They did everything in house and it took a good 1 whole day to finish up the car. Adding a few snaps taken from my phone. Hope you guys like it
Nice seat covers there. I guess you did this from Shree Ashtavinayak Enterprises, if I am not wrong. How much did it cost you?
Old 9th April 2016, 10:38   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Nice seat covers there. I guess you did this from Shree Ashtavinayak Enterprises, if I am not wrong. How much did it cost you?

Thank you . Yes that is correct. I got it done for 10k got a good discount, since my brother in law is connected to them for business purposes.
Old 12th April 2016, 11:12   #1470
BHPian

Finally found time to click a photo but not in the best of the places.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20160411_173349.jpg

Roof, mirror, windscreen shade gloss black wrap and front grill matt black wrap.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20160411_173158.jpg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20160411_181511.jpg
Visaster is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed