Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 12:22   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post
In my case, if a corporate chooses to make statements that imply that just because I bought one product of theirs I shall buy more, but without giving me any form of minimal expectation of decent service, then that is corporate arrogance - especially when I have booked basis blind faith in said corporate.
How will that corporate know that you area an existing customer if they do not know what variant you have booked? And why do you have blind faith on that corporate when you can get equivalent or better products from other manufacturers?

Quote:
In addition, if the said corporate is unable to use its own vast CRM resources to track down the booking I made, and best advice is that I should literally chase the dealer, then I take that as arrogance, and maybe it is better for me to start thinking - this is the attitude before buying, how will it be after buying?
I would have given them complete information based on my past experience with them. With the given amount of responses they have to give on daily basis, they tend to save time on looking for the details. That can be termed as arrogance but that is the way it is.

You already know what kind of service you will get after buying. You already are a Maruti customer and trust me the service will remain more or less same as you are getting for your cars at this point of time.

Quote:
This is a 8-11 lakhs buying decision I am making, in a day and age when even when buying something for 800 rupees I am now getting used to receiving full details and service.
The other manufacturers are poaching your details from Maruti and calling you and I suggest that you have a good look at their products and take them in case you find the overall deal better than this one.
My experience with Maruti is that they treats me the same way irrespective of the range of car I take to their service center. I would feel very annoyed and disappointed if I see them giving more respect and time to a Vitara customer than me.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:22   #122
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
maybe it is better for me to start thinking - this is the attitude before buying, how will it be after buying?

Isn't this the highlight of the usual Maruti ownership experience? They listen to customer grievances and quickly take action on most issues. Very less complaints even on this forum, which is a testament in itself considering the number of cars sold.

Compare it to other competing brands like Skoda, Volkswagen, Honda, Ford, FIAT and even Hyundai- it's miles ahead. I do not need to elaborate on VW and Skoda, Honda dealer was 'arrogant' enough to almost show us the way out without even taking our numbers just because he was getting late (that when a entire family of four visited the showroom to book the car), Ford dealer literally hung up on multiple calls regarding the Ecosport, and Hyundai dealer delayed our car delivery demanding full payment even before the vehicle was allotted (till we escalated the matter to Hyundai. I'll refrain from speaking about my car brand since it usually tends to create violence, but needless to say that it's only good in the cities.

I haven't purchased a Maruti product from the showroom in a decade, but my friend- the experiences quoted above show 'arrogance', while IMO your example shows a lack of finesse. A lack of 'class' that one expects while plonking 10 big ones on a product.

If you think Maruti is being arrogant here- and decides to shift to Skoda/ Hyundai/ Honda/ VW/ FIAT/ Ford etc just for this factor- I say 'God bless'.

Edit:

PS- Forgot to include the best incident that defines 'arrogance'. Ford dealer called me 3-4 months after I raised a query on their website. And told- they are had shortage of sales people to deal with customer queues thanks to high sales and hence the delay.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th October 2014 at 12:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:38   #123
BHPian

Maruti, did you guys start concentrating on them gadget-stuffs and started compromising for good and sturdy builds?
And yes, a sedan like Ciaz truly deserves a 1.6L engine.
I believe you'll evolve soon after getting stone-pelted by us fans.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:43   #124
BHPian

Quote:
I guess we have different levels of expectations from corporate service and product providors.

This is a 8-11 lakhs buying decision I am making, in a day and age when even when buying something for 800 rupees I am now getting used to receiving full details and service.
You are correct ! You have the right from to know the full details of the product that you are going to buy using your hard earned money. When MSIL sells so many cars with wide ASC network then they need to have enough infrastructure to support all the query that a prospect buyer is looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

I can certainly see the death knell for some very competitive cars:

1) Ford Fiesta
2) Fiat Linea
3) Nissan Sunny/Scala(if ever Scala existed).
4) Vento
I don't think that any significant dent will happen for this cars. They are picked by very less people. Fan of this car may not even consider a CIAZ TD.

Remember the price that was announced by MSIL is a introductory price. They will be increased very soon may be while delivery too. I was just wondering how the power will be with this little engine that MSIL has plonked in these big car. Also the mileage will be on reality after the car has been covered real time test after 4-5 months. However its a good upgrade from Swift or Dezire to CIAZ.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:45   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz de-coded.

Ciaz is an acronym for Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude and Zeal
Old 7th October 2014, 12:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Found this rear-side pictorial comparison of the Honda City and the Ciaz on Zig-wheels.
The first picture , both the cars look so identical , that an un-informed person will find it hard to differentiate.

Picture courtsey- ZigWheels
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciazvscitygallery06102014g3_640x480.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciazvscitygallery06102014g15_640x480.jpg  

tharian is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:52   #127
Senior - BHPian

Why did they have to copy Honda City's rear? This, I feel, goes against the brand. It is as though they were so much fixated over Honda City. And the front grill reminds me of Old Verna. From side, the car looks stretched, which is good for legroom but mars the overall looks. I am not too impressed. I would take City over it anyday.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2014 at 15:23. Reason: Typos
Old 7th October 2014, 12:54   #128
BANNED

The queries I had/have from Maruti are simple -

# What are the benefits, if any, to me, for booking a Maruti Ciaz in advance.
# What is the price going to be on road.
# When can I expect delivery.

Fine, I went to a dealer, two of them actually, and got my answers. Answer to first question is -nil- and answer to second question was as per sheet of paper shown but not provided. The dealer where I booked is not on my route so did not go there, and I expect that dealer to call me if they are interested to sell the vehicle to me, not me chase them. Buyer's market, remember? Bought enough Chetaks and Padminis in the bad old days, never going to chase dealers again, that's for sure.

Then I read that Big Boss San of Maruti Suzuki said in the press conference that people will buy Ciaz because they own Swift and D'Zire.

That is fine, if I was buying another Swift, I would look on the website, select a variant and a colour, send driver or make a call, fix appointment with salesperson to come to my home/office, negotiate best discount, get VIN number, look at vehicle, test drive specific target vehicle, if OK then pay for vehicle, collect vehicle after registration.

In this case, this Ciaz is a new, untested, untried vehicle. Big hype by my friends in motoring media is one thing and private conversations is saying another thing. Another big hype is being made about waiting list but agents are hanging around outside promising the moon on a plate. Big favour is being done about test drive to those who booked but everybody else is rocking it seems.

And then there is this form response to an email.

I agree, arrogance is a wrong word, should be something stronger!!

Willing take a small bet - in 30-45 days from now, the Maruti showroom salesmen will stand outside with Ciaz cars in all 7 colours and 14 variants, if potential buyers ask.
malq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:56   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why did they have to copy Honda City's rear? This, I feel, goes against the brand. It is as though they were so much fixated over Honda City. .
If I remember right from reading a report, the Ciaz design was conceptualized before the City was released. So, I don't think either of them knew their backsides were going to look similar.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:58   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I was just wondering how the power will be with this little engine that MSIL has plonked in these big car.
Power will be just as people expects it - right in the ballpark of the best-seller City. And a notch above the Sunny, Scala and the enthusiast cars - Linea and Fiesta. Only issue if any could be the turbo lag, but Ertiga owners dont seem to have big complaints about the way Maruti has tuned the FIAT 1.3 VGT.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-untitled1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why did they have to copy Honda City's rear? This, I feel, goes against the brand. It is as though they were so much fixated over Honda City.
Ciaz was spied way before the reveal/ launch of the Honda City. Its purely a co-incidence and would have worked the other way round if the Maruti was launched first.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th October 2014 at 13:00.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:59   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Oh c'mon. Someone who is considering a Fiesta or a Linea or a Vento won't give the Ciaz a second look. Less than a hundred horses under the hood? You gotta be kidding me... The Ciaz is strictly for "kitna deti hai" Maruti Suzuki loyalists, which of course are a large number in our mileage obsessed country. Enthusiasts will give the Ciaz a wide berth.

If I had a million rupees to spend, I'd pick up the Polo GT TSI in a jiffy. You can keep the leg room and all the fancy gizmos.
+1 to your point, My First car and last Car from Maruti was Alto and after that I have seen Hyundai and Ford not a Maruti

The chunk of people(not a big % though) who do the maths at home and months evaluating the performance and all other bits of a car will directly go and take their car out of the showroom ( may be not a Maruti) and the mass market who wish to have a Car that pleases them in every way will surely head to Maruti

The number of horses you mentioned though correct on paper, dissapoints or thrills you by the linear power delivery in the power bands. we have cars that had proved this when taken to the road from the dyno.

Though I am not going for or against Maruti Ciaz, buyers who are serious car lovers know where to head

Cheers
Old 7th October 2014, 13:00   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I was just wondering how the power will be with this little engine that MSIL has plonked in these big car. Also the mileage will be on reality after the car has been covered real time test after 4-5 months. However its a good upgrade from Swift or Dezire to CIAZ.
Not to forget that though Ciaz is a big car, at the same time, it is a very light car too. In fact, the torque to weight ratio is better than many segment leaders.

Last edited by saket77 : 7th October 2014 at 13:13.
Old 7th October 2014, 13:02   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Found this rear-side pictorial comparison of the Honda City and the Ciaz on Zig-wheels.
The first picture , both the cars look so identical , that an un-informed person will find it hard to differentiate.

Great that you put up this photo. The one thing i dislike about the City & for that same reason The Nissan Sunny's rear. See the clean line of the Ciaz merging horizontally with the rear bumper.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-ciazvscitygallery06102014g3_640x480.jpg
anilkalvani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 13:21   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

WOW! Debadge these cars and it will nearly impossible to tell them apart
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 13:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

I don't know how but if Overdrive can lay their hands on this Ciaz, i want one too!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-overdrive.jpg  

Nilesh5417 is online now   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks