Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2015, 10:46   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I have not yet done an official photo-shot, I doubt it will happen also. Anyways here is one shot with my phone camera. Many more changes are yet to come-in with the days to come. Will do constant update. It sure will be one of a kind CIAZ.
Congratulations on your new car and alloys- They look simply awesome

My cousin brother is getting delivery of his Silver ZDi on 12th January and we are confused about some points. Please guide us in the right direction.

1. Can you please tell me what is the PCD values of Ciaz??

2. What should be the ideal size(profile) for 205 section 16 inch tyres?? Any specific brand recommendation would be great, our priorities being more inclined towards comfort(quiet ride etc) rather than absolute grip.

3. What should be the ideal alloy width for 205 section tyres??

4. The dealer is suggesting for OEM 16 inchers which come with ZDI(O) spec. He says that OEMs are lighter and more robust and tested than after market alloys. Is this claim of OEMs being light and more durable true??

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 8th January 2015 at 10:48.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 14:38   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
They look simply awesome

2. What should be the ideal size(profile) for 205 section 16 inch tyres?? Any specific brand recommendation would be great, our priorities being more inclined towards comfort(quiet ride etc).

4. The dealer is suggesting OEMs being light and more durable true??

1) 4 holes 100 PCD 16inch. Very little options are there in 16inch but never opt for the 15 or the 17.
2)205/55/16 is the ideal choice and Michellin was my only choice. 10K per tyre.
Don't go for the 205/50, as the rubber is less it might damage the alloy or shocks more, in our road condition.

3)Alloy width specification - I am not sure of.
4)ZDI comes with 15" alloy and 16" is the best fit. OEM is not as light as the MOMO or any other light weight alloy. Durability of OEM is something we have to wait and see.
Thanks, I have replied in bold. If you have any other query please feel free to contact.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th January 2015 at 21:11. Reason: Please dont reply inline as our mobile users will not be able to distinguish it. Thanks
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 12:12   #603
BHPian

I have a feeling that the ZDi+ is being delayed to provide it with a 1.5 litre engine. The S-Cross is due for launch by end-March/early-April, presumably with a downsized (to 1.5 litre) Fiat engine, maybe the same engine will find it's way into the Ciaz ZDi+
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 12:41   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I have a feeling that the ZDi+ is being delayed to provide it with a 1.5 litre engine. The S-Cross is due for launch by end-March/early-April, presumably with a downsized (to 1.5 litre) Fiat engine, maybe the same engine will find it's way into the Ciaz ZDi+
That's quite a wishful thinking, but I sincerely hope its true. Engines are the jinx in Ciaz's armour.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 10th January 2015 at 12:42.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 14:46   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
I have a feeling that the ZDi+ is being delayed to provide it with a 1.5 litre engine.
That is never going to happen atleast in this gen car. It will push the car more expensive and move it out of the value for money zone, there you will have a failure.
I doubt the S-cross is anywhere close to launch, then imagine pre-launch booking, waiting period and when actual delivery will start.

Quote:
That's quite a wishful thinking, but I sincerely hope its true. Engines are the jinx in Ciaz's armour.
The 1.3 diesel engine in my opinion is well balanced for city and highway drives unless you have the racing gene wanting to drive at high acceleration between signals or stop go traffic. In all these days I have not felt the car to be underpowered at any point, to top it I have not yet crossed the 2000RPM.
It glides on the highways, with no fuss giving good fuel efficiency.
This adds to a lighter clutch and improved driving comfort.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 07:36   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
1) 4 holes 100 PCD 16inch. Very little options are there in 16inch but never opt for the 15 or the 17.
2)205/55/16 is the ideal choice and Michellin was my only choice. 10K per tyre.
Don't go for the 205/50, as the rubber is less it might damage the alloy or shocks more, in our road condition.

3)Alloy width specification - I am not sure of.
4)ZDI comes with 15" alloy and 16" is the best fit. OEM is not as light as the MOMO or any other light weight alloy. Durability of OEM is something we have to wait and see.
Thanks, I have replied in bold. If you have any other query please feel free to contact.
I had my Ciaz ZDi delivered this December. Thinking on your same lines I had replaced the 15 inch alloys to 16X6.5J with an offset of +38 and tyres to 205/55 R16. I am wondering how do I get the spare wheel to match the diameter of the new wheels. The spare is a 15 inch steel rim with 185/65 R15 tyre which matches almost perfectly with 195/55 R16 (stock size for ZDi+). 205/55 R16 is slightly bigger in diameter and I am not able to find a suitable replacement for the spare tyre in 15 inch. Have you done anything to match this? If we come across a puncture it would not be good to run a different size tyre on the spare.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 09:07   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
I had my Ciaz ZDi delivered this December. Thinking on your same lines I had replaced the 15 inch alloys to 16X6.5J with an offset of +38 and tyres to 205/55 R16. I am wondering how do I get the spare wheel to match the diameter of the new wheels. The spare is a 15 inch steel rim with 185/65 R15 tyre which matches almost perfectly with 195/55 R16 (stock size for ZDi+). 205/55 R16 is slightly bigger in diameter and I am not able to find a suitable replacement for the spare tyre in 15 inch. Have you done anything to match this? If we come across a puncture it would not be good to run a different size tyre on the spare.
Can you please share the details of which brand tyres and also a few pictures of the alloys will be great. I am also in the process to upgrade my ciaz alloys and tyres however mine is a vdi plus I guess it's fine to run a few kms on the spare wheel. Won't create a lot of problem if used with in 15 to 20 kms on a decent speed.
Old 11th January 2015, 09:14   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new car and alloys- They look simply awesome

My cousin brother is getting delivery of his Silver ZDi on 12th January and we are confused about some points. Please guide us in the right direction.

2. What should be the ideal size(profile) for 205 section 16 inch tyres?? Any specific brand recommendation would be great, our priorities being more inclined towards comfort(quiet ride etc) rather than absolute grip.

4. The dealer is suggesting for OEM 16 inchers which come with ZDI(O) spec. He says that OEMs are lighter and more robust and tested than after market alloys. Is this claim of OEMs being light and more durable true??

Regards,
Shashi
Michelin would be best but on the expensive side. Try out Yoko A Drive R1 which is more on the VFM side. They are quiet and look fab as well with a V tread. I do not know about the life as I have just started using it. Options on 205/55 are limited whereas 205/50 gives more options. But the ride may be harsher due to lesser rubber and a few mm of ground clearance would be sacrificed.

205 tyres fit really well on 6.5 or 7 inch alloys. 6 inch is also fine but it may look a bit bulged out. The stock 15 inch alloys cannot take 205 section tyres because its width is only 5 inches. See the attached image for the look. Its 16 inch with 6.5 inches width and 205/55. In the end it is a personal preference whether you like the bulged out or straight or stretched look as long as the width of the tyre/rim combo stays within safe limits.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-10376824_10205871480412457_3322012004944688026_n.jpg

I would suggest you do not go for the OEM 16 inchers because most likely they are thinner than 6.5 inches. Never been able to see one of this personally. This option was suggested to me by the dealer too but I declined. Moreover you get more options in the market and you can choose the offset such that the outer plane of the wheel comes sort of inline with the fender instead of being sunken into the wheel arches. The car looks much better this way.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 21:15   #609
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Michelin would be best but on the expensive side. Try out Yoko A Drive R1 which is more on the VFM side. They are quiet and look fab as well with a V tread. I do not know about the life as I have just started using it. Options on 205/55 are limited whereas 205/50 gives more options. But the ride may be harsher due to lesser rubber and a few mm of ground clearance would be sacrificed.

205 tyres fit really well on 6.5 or 7 inch alloys. 6 inch is also fine but it may look a bit bulged out. The stock 15 inch alloys cannot take 205 section tyres because its width is only 5 inches. See the attached image for the look. Its 16 inch with 6.5 inches width and 205/55. In the end it is a personal preference whether you like the bulged out or straight or stretched look as long as the width of the tyre/rim combo stays within safe limits.

Attachment 1326203

I would suggest you do not go for the OEM 16 inchers because most likely they are thinner than 6.5 inches. Never been able to see one of this personally. This option was suggested to me by the dealer too but I declined. Moreover you get more options in the market and you can choose the offset such that the outer plane of the wheel comes sort of inline with the fender instead of being sunken into the wheel arches. The car looks much better this way.

The stock Rims on the ZDI are 5.5 J rims. Both 195 and 205 mm tires should fit without any problems on the OE 15 inch rims

Source : http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

195/60R15 is available in Michelin 3ST while 205/60 R15 is available in Michelin XM2. Though slightly expensive , I would go for only Michelin based on previous experiences

Last edited by speedsatya : 11th January 2015 at 21:19.
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 09:15   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
The stock Rims on the ZDI are 5.5 J rims. Both 195 and 205 mm tires should fit without any problems on the OE 15 inch rims
The stock 15 inch alloys that I got were printed with 5J. I do not know if I misread it or what. And they looked thin too. Cannot check it out now cos its no longer with me. Would you be able to provide what is the offset value of the stock rims if possible?

Last edited by alphahere : 12th January 2015 at 09:21. Reason: Got posted before completing
Old 12th January 2015, 10:14   #611
BHPian

few images of our Ciaz, excuse the image quality, took them in a haste.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-pic3.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-pic2.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-pic1.jpg  

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 12th January 2015 at 10:24.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 11:33   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I was wondering about the bumper or door protectors. Even if you get some bad scratches on the protectors, to replace it, the service station recommends a panel coloring cause they say that while taking the protectors out, it might effect the paint. They do try to replace without effecting the paint though. So is the way to use it is to continue using the protectors with scratches ? I have door protectors in my Swift and I have some minor scratches on it and I have decided to ignore them. Another problem I have noticed in these protectors is if your panel (door or bumper) needs a paint job, they recommend you new set of protectors to be put again since while taking them out for painting, it spoils the original self adhesive and putting it with glue is something they do not recommend.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:14   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new car. Wish you many happy miles. Thanks for sharing these nice pics. Did you do any paint protection/underbody at the time of delivery. If yes then howmuch did it cost. Will wait for a review soon.
Old 12th January 2015, 13:11   #614
BHPian

Quote:
If we come across a puncture it would not be good to run a different size tyre on the spare.
Quote:
205/55R16 = 24.9x8.1R16
Diameter increase is only+1.6%The bigger issue is the width of the tires, but I dont see any problem running the car on spare wheel for 100+ kms at slower speed and controlled cornering. I have no plans of changing the spare rim or tire for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Did you do any paint protection/underbody at the time of delivery..
The Ciaz supposedly does not need the under body treatment as it comes with it.
Maruti has been in the Indian market long enough and knows it better than any other company. I have had no need to change/upgrade anything in the car, like the horns are loud enough, the lights are bright enough and so on. Its a fully loaded car.

Whom ever who go the VDI+ or the ZDI+, does the spare rim and tire come as 16inch steel rim with 195/60/16 or the same 15" on other cars?
Old 12th January 2015, 13:21   #615
Distinguished - BHPian

Underbody anti rust treatment on a new car is a complete waste of money in my opinion. The underbody of the all cars are factory painted and they do not need any further coating unless the underbody is scraped/ scratched or damaged. Once in a while inspection by lifting the car on the ramp should give a good idea. I will not consider such treatment at least for the first 5 years of the car given that there are no severe underbody hits.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks