Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2015, 23:34   #736
BHPian

Is anybody here planning to get their ride remapped? It can do some good numbers, say 115 ps and 250 Nm.
Old 7th February 2015, 09:18   #737
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Can one of the owners help me with this? Does Ciaz have seatbelt reminder chime for the driver seat? I remember the TD vehicle dinging when I did not wear the seatbelt. But this feature is absent in my ZDi. There is only a warning light in the meter console. I am unable to remember if I heard this dinging on a TD ZXi or ZDi. Would be great if ZXi and ZDi owners chip in with their answers. Would be strange if there is a feature difference between similar petrol and diesel variants.
No reminder chime, just the flashing light on the console.
reihem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 13:23   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Works only if hand break is engaged.
Its not of use for me if that is the case. Hope there is a work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Agreed. That is a valid point. I suspect some users use the ICE to entertain other passengers, especially young children. However, there are aftermarket solutions to address that market.
Yeah i was looking for options to entertain my kid. If a video player is going to disturb and prove dangerous so are co-passenegers talking/music audio, ...
Can you suggest a good after market solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post

Has anyone replaced their 195/55 R16 OEM tyres? I plan on replacing them with 205/55/R 16 Michelin Primacy LC to further improve ride quality and reduce rolling resistance. Michelin doesn't make a 195 R 16 tyre.

Any thoughts?
I have the same alloy and tire upgrade, the ride comfort and stability is really good. But i hear this weird metal sound when I go heavy on huge speed breakers, yet to figure out what is hitting where, but the tire does not touch anywhere. Michelin does not make 205/50/R16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
What is the max width tyre I can install sensibly ?
205/55/16 is what I have in my car, done comfortable 5000+ km already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Can one of the owners help me with this? Does Ciaz have seatbelt reminder chime for the driver seat?
No sound alert for not using seat belt. May be a door was not shut properly on your TD car. Good they did not instal a chime reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Is anybody here planning to get their ride remapped? It can do some good numbers, say 115 ps and 250 Nm.
Remapping Ciaz kills the purpose of buying it, IMHO. But would love to see someone do it.

Review back from another 1000km drive:

Car drives well, engine noise has increased, pick up has improved, mileage is maintaining at 22km/l, cruises well and does good speed, not insulated well, smoke/dust/outside smell creeps in easily.
I happened to close the door with a towel caught in between, was shocked that I could pull it out without even opening the door.

Last edited by Visaster : 10th February 2015 at 13:29.
Visaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 14:10   #739
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Its possible on this engine.
Old 12th February 2015, 18:37   #740
BHPian

Has anybody driven both the AT's,namely the Honda City CVT and Ciaz AT?

If yes how would you rate both against each other?
Old 12th February 2015, 20:50   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Facing a weird problem now. At cold start , the oil pressure light stays on for a long time ( around a minute ). Don't see this later on in the day.
]
Hi speedsatya, Did you get to the root of the issue? Any idea what oil is used in the Ciaz? Is it a 5W30 oil? Was it anything to do with the oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Bang on!

Going through the review, the only thought that comes to my mind is reducing the power of the car would certainly amount to a better FE. So is the FE of ~19-20 for Petrol (Not sure of the exact figure) really anything outstanding?

People have reported FE of 17-18 with the Honda City too, which has 30% more power than the City drive.
Do we have a realistic figure of FE for the Petrol Ciaz now both in city and highways? How does it compare with the new City?

Last edited by gopa99 : 12th February 2015 at 21:08.
Old 13th February 2015, 10:46   #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
Hi speedsatya, Did you get to the root of the issue? Any idea what oil is used in the Ciaz? Is it a 5W30 oil? Was it anything to do with the oil?

Do we have a realistic figure of FE for the Petrol Ciaz now both in city and highways? How does it compare with the new City?
Gopa99: I can quote of FE figures but for Diesel: I have done all the driving (3800 KM) in the city limits, from Navi Mumbai to Mumbai which does have good stretches along along with bumper to bumper traffic and the figure I got is 22.9 kmpl !! So seems that Maruti is not too far from its quoted ARAI figures.
Rajuputana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 13:54   #743
BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving mostly in the city, Bangalore, which means bumper to bumper traffic most of the time. When I got the delivery it was 18 kms on the odo and 4.x as the average mileage. After 450 kms of bumper to bumper city driving, average is currently at 12.1 km/ltr.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 23:44   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Finally solved !

They first changed the oil pressure switch. There was no change at all.
Oil pump changed now at 6500 kms and the problem is solved. The light goes off now in less than 10 secs

My questions :

1- why kind of PDI did Pratham ( I bought from them ) do ? This problem existed since day one !

2- the light would stay on only at cold start ( sometimes for close to 1 min). What damage wouid this have done to the engine ?

Usually Maruti would reply to all my mails. But this time , I haven't heard from them in weeks !!
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 21:24   #745
BHPian

Quick question on the security setting.

User Manual (2-44)

- Shock Sensor. Why would it be disabled as default setting ? Isn't it a good to have ?
- Shock Sensor level : I have set it at L10. Good enough considering that my parking locations are usually quite secured ?
- Full blast warning sensitivity : What is this ?
Old 14th February 2015, 22:48   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally solved !

They first changed the oil pressure switch. There was no change at all.
Oil pump changed now at 6500 kms and the problem is solved. The light goes off now in less than 10 secs

My questions :

1- why kind of PDI did Pratham ( I bought from them ) do ? This problem existed since day one !

2- the light would stay on only at cold start ( sometimes for close to 1 min). What damage wouid this have done to the engine ?

Usually Maruti would reply to all my mails. But this time , I haven't heard from them in weeks !!
Firstly, if the oil pump was really the issue initially and you did keep the engine on for a minute like that even once or twice, engine damage has already taken place. There will be too much friction inside the combustion chamber without oil circulation and hence the damage.

Secondly, no engine oil light stays on for 10 seconds EVER in any car unless you stay in minus 50 Siberian conditions. Your oil light should vanish in and around 2 seconds. If it's taking 10 seconds to build up pressure for the oil light to go off, something is definitely wrong and car should not be driven in this condition.

Last edited by humyum : 14th February 2015 at 22:50.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2015, 02:02   #747
BANNED

Quote:
1- why kind of PDI did Pratham (I bought from them) do? This problem existed since day one!
Not sure of Pratham and their PDI standards, But did you do the PDI?

As you say the light used to be there for around 1 minute since Day 1, why want it reported to them?

Did they give you any answer for this problem? Surely this is not normal.

Quote:
2- the light would stay on only at cold start (sometimes for close to 1 min). What damage wouid this have done to the engine?
The oil pressure light + glow plug + Battery indicator + EPS + airbags (of equipped) all of these go off within seconds like 1 to 2 seconds from ignition ON. 10 seconds also is long, 1 minute is too much.

Get it checked to prevent further internal damage. Raise the alarm.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2015, 08:55   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Firstly, if the oil pump was really the issue initially and you did keep the engine on for a minute like that even once or twice, engine damage has already taken place. There will be too much friction inside the combustion chamber without oil circulation and hence the damage.

Secondly, no engine oil light stays on for 10 seconds EVER in any car unless you stay in minus 50 Siberian conditions. Your oil light should vanish in and around 2 seconds. If it's taking 10 seconds to build up pressure for the oil light to go off, something is definitely wrong and car should not be driven in this condition.

The light staying on used to vary from 15 to 50 secs. Maruti MASS says this shouldn't be an issue as the light never came on when driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

As you say the light used to be there for around 1 minute since Day 1, why want it reported to them?

Did they give you any answer for this problem? Surely this is not normal.

The oil pressure light + glow plug + Battery indicator + EPS + airbags (of equipped) all of these go off within seconds like 1 to 2 seconds from ignition ON. 10 seconds also is long, 1 minute is too much.

Get it checked to prevent further internal damage. Raise the alarm.

Yes. I did my PDI , but there was no way I could find it on delivery day as the engine was already running by the time we reached the dealership.

This was reported immediately , but they asked me to continue driving as the light wasn't coming on once the engine was heated.

Now , I have written to Maruti again. But how do I find out on engine damage ?
Old 15th February 2015, 09:49   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The light staying on used to vary from 15 to 50 secs. Maruti MASS says this shouldn't be an issue as the light never came on when driving
ROFL, take this in writing from them and ask them to show this same unique feature on ANY other Ciaz on this planet.

On a serious note, go to another MASS, your car current one has no bloody clue what they are talking about. The light goes off in a second or two at max. Maximum engine damage occurs during the first cold start of the day and you need the lubricant flowing ASAP that time. 15 to 50 seconds of oil pressure not building up everytime is SUICIDE for the engine.

I say this again, don't drive the car in its current state.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2015, 15:15   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Now , I have written to Maruti again. But how do I find out on engine damage ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
ROFL, take this in writing from them and ask them to show this same unique feature on ANY other Ciaz on this planet.
t drive the car in its current state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
revent further internal damage. Raise the alarm.
I fully second to the comments given by humyum and a4anurag

If it was I in your shoes, I would have asked for a new engine replacement!

But theory says, the wear damage has, in all probability taken place in the car. Engineers can find it out by sampling the oil in the engine and testing it for wear by Ferrography and wear elemental analysis. Cant be sure if MARUTI would oblige.
But you can at-least take a written guarantee from MARUTI on the engine for next 1 lakh kilometers for this snag which you lived with for 6000 KMS.
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed