Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 08:53   #841
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Using a simple racechip on this engine has made it a pleasure to drive, so I am sure your dual channel box will make it give a very good experience indeed.
Does the Racechip make the engine clatter more under hard acceleration? And smoke levels? If it does not clatter or smoke more, then I would be very happy to hear that. Nice to meet another chipped DDiS 200 user
Old 8th April 2015, 09:27   #842
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Does the Racechip make the engine clatter more under hard acceleration? And smoke levels? If it does not clatter or smoke more, then I would be very happy to hear that.
Clatter I can't comment but it will smoke excessively under hard acceleration which is seen in non-racechipped cars.

Gradual acceleration shouldn't get the smoking issue that is noticed with diesel engines.
Old 9th April 2015, 15:43   #843
BHPian

After getting the metal sound while going heavy on the speed hump sorted out and the glove compartment vibration partly sorted out, the next problem showed itself.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150406_173739.jpg

Is it me or everyone can notice the difference?

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150406_174217.jpg

Anyone else with the same color, please let me know. Can you please post a photo of you car with the rear bumper view?

An old photo of the car for comparison.

Attachment 1358758

The service adviser stands on ends saying that its because of fiber bumper the paint reflection is lesser so you will notice the color difference in any car if you detail (polish) the car.
Whom should I contact next, higher in Maruti ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20141225_154957.jpg  

Last edited by Visaster : 9th April 2015 at 15:47.
Old 9th April 2015, 15:53   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Anyone else with the same color, please let me know. Can you please post a photo of you car with the rear bumper view?

The service stands on ends saying that its because of fiber bumper the paint reflection is lesser so you will notice the color difference in any car if you detail (polish) the car.
I used to observe this very carefully on my Ertiga as well whenever I would have parked it under sun and noticed the difference and then accepted that it is absolutely normal due to nature of materials (Metal Vs Paint resulting in different levels of glossiness).

Be assured that is is normal and the shade being darker.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-second-row_pass2.jpg

Notice the area where the rear bumper and the rear quarter panel meet. It is indeed due to the material and not due to difference in shades of paint.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 10:23   #845
BHPian

My Ciaz ZDi - Now RD'd
I installed the Dieseltronic Dual Channel tuning box successfully. Installing it is a fairly simple affair on this engine because the boost connector and the fuel rail connector are located close to each other towards the behind of the engine. So the harness wires can also be tucked away neatly towards the firewall without hanging out of place. The only finicky part was that it took me a long time to figure out how to remove the original connectors. There is a yellow locking slider that has to be pulled out to allow you to push the clip to remove. Without pulling out this slider the clip is locked in place and no amount of pushing and pulling will make it budge. Also the engine cover needs to be removed to access the fuel rail connector hidden away beneath it.

These are the locations of the connectors:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150410_084514.jpg

After installing all the connectors and connecting the box, I prayed and pushed the Start Stop button. The engine fired up at once and sounded as if nothing had happened. Was the box working? I checked the LED indicators on the box and they were lit up bright and clear. Tried changing the mode from S to E and P1 and P2. Each time the mode was changed, the engine note changes ever so slightly and the rpm fluctuates. Bingo! The box was well and truly online.

Now for the drive. Tucked away the box into a corner and gingerly took out the car from the garage.

Stock Mode:
It looks like nothing has changed here. The car behaves normally as if there was no box installed.

Economy Mode:
This was the first mode that I tried and there is quite a difference in power but towards the minus side. There is no turbo kick at 2000 rpm like in stock and a mild kick shows itself at 2500 rpm. Yet to see how good this mode is at fuel economy.

P1 mode:
This mode pulls quite well. Maybe a little more than stock. The main difference is that the engine has become smoother and gearshifts are very seamless. Absolutely no jerks.

P2 mode:
This is the star of the show. In stock the power is delivered in 2 steps. One is at 2000 rpm and another kick at 2500 rpm. The kick at 2000 rpm and at 2500 rpm is amplified almost twice from that in stock. To know the real difference I tried accelerating in 2nd gear in stock mode and at about 2500 rpm switched to P2 mode. When the mode got switched the front end lifted up and the car took off like an angry cheetah! I did not notice any smoke or extra clatter in this mode too. Waiting to try this out on highways.

Overall I am happy with the performance of the box on this engine. It performs much better than it used to on the 1.4 CRDi. Lets give some time and see hows the ADSL function fine tunes itself to the driving style. I came back from the drive and placed the box atop the battery and tied it in place and installed the engine cover back in place. The harness is tucked away neatly behind the engine. Could not install the plastic positive terminal cover on the battery because power connector of the box is sticking out in its way. Need to make some adjustments on the cover itself sometime.

Picture of the box on the battery:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150410_084527.jpg

Overall engine bay view after installing the box:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150410_084543.jpg

Still need to figure out where to keep the remote. Presently attached it to the key:
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150410_093059.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Is it me or everyone can notice the difference?

An old photo of the car for comparison.
I feel this has been painted Visaster. A difference in shade between the metal body and fibre bumper is to be expected on any car this side of black. But it should not be this way. The bumper will be usually darker because the black fibre will show through the thin paint coat they do at the factory. In your case it seems to be a case of repainting with a colour mismatch. Because the bumper is actually lighter than the body! It should have been the other way round. Try investigating to see if they crashed the bumper and repainted it when you gave it for service. Compare with an older photo of your car when you bought it and see if you can make out what I'm saying. Or I may be wrong too. It could be a play of light.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th April 2015 at 00:41. Reason: Merging Posts
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 11:09   #846
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Crazy Driver! It completely slipped my mind that yours was a 90HP. Your review was one of the reasons why I got this box for my i20 but even though the product is good and it did make a difference to its power output I found it lacking the perfection that I was expecting. At times it would make the engine stall and the low and high end delivery was still lacking for me even in P2 mode along with more clatter.
Sorry mate, but I never faced these issues in my Punto. May be its the stock maps, or the RD maps were not tuned to perfection for the i20. But I believe another member had it on a i20 for a long time.

Quote:
Overall I am happy with the performance of the box on this engine. It performs much better than it used to on the 1.4 CRDi.
But thats a relief. Hope the experience gets better once the box starts 'learning'.

Also, please keep an eye on the turbo with proper idling before and after use. The FGT on the Swift had issues with tuning boxes / remaps earlier I guess.
Old 10th April 2015, 14:29   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Ciaz ZDi - Now RD'd

Picture of the box on the battery:
Attachment 1359065

Overall engine bay view after installing the box:
Attachment 1359066
Wish I had this on my Ertiga! Glad to know this little box can turn this engine to something else. Just wanted to bring to your attention the string you've used to secure your box to the battery. These little things can pose a huge fire hazard when the hood heats up. Just wanted to make sure you've taken that into consideration.
Old 11th April 2015, 18:29   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Racechip make the engine clatter more under hard acceleration? And smoke levels? If it does not clatter or smoke more, then I would be very happy to hear that. Nice to meet another chipped DDiS 200 user

No extra clatter at all. However, under hard acceleration above 2500 rpm, it does smoke, a lot.

Plus, as the above user has installed his chip near the battery, I chose a cavity on the opposite side and put it in a plastic box wrapped in a plastic ziplock bag to prevent water ingress.
Old 11th April 2015, 18:56   #849
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post

No extra clatter at all. However, under hard acceleration above 2500 rpm, it does smoke, a lot.

Plus, as the above user has installed his chip near the battery, I chose a cavity on the opposite side and put it in a plastic box wrapped in a plastic ziplock bag to prevent water ingress.
Smoking under hard acceleration that post 2500 rpm is natural for a diesel engine and moreover with an a RD Box.

Do you feel that the zip lock bag are safer? IMO you should have put in the box and left it.
Old 11th April 2015, 23:28   #850
BHPian

Anybody else hearing some sort of clatter/noise from the dashboard on their CIAZ ?
Glovebox change was also not of help. Dont want the service engineers to open up the full dashboard until can be sure of the fix
Old 12th April 2015, 11:07   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Smoking under hard acceleration that post 2500 rpm is natural for a diesel engine and moreover with an a RD Box.

Do you feel that the zip lock bag are safer? IMO you should have put in the box and left it.
Honestly, it was first time I was trying a chip out and wanted to be double sure that no moisture enters the unit from any angle. hence milled out the entry hole for the cabling out of a idle plastic box and then put it in the zip lock as well.
Old 15th April 2015, 18:08   #852
BHPian

Finally, The long wait comes to an end. Took Delivery of my Pearl Snow white Ciaz ZDI+
Expecting to write an ownership review as soon as things settle down. In the meanwhile a click of the beauty!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img_20150415_165924-2.jpg  

Last edited by neethi_raj : 15th April 2015 at 18:16.
neethi_raj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 18:47   #853
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post
Finally, The long wait comes to an end. Took Delivery of my Pearl Snow white Ciaz ZDI+

Expecting to write an ownership review as soon as things settle down. In the meanwhile a click of the beauty!!
Hearty Congratulations on acquiring the Ciaz!

Awaiting the ownership thread of the car. Happy mile clocking.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 22:29   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
Anybody else hearing some sort of clatter/noise from the dashboard on their CIAZ ?
Glovebox change was also not of help. Dont want the service engineers to open up the full dashboard until can be sure of the fix
The noise from glove box cannot be rectified because the replacement unit is also defective.Its a shame that maruthi overlooked this matter when they positioned ciaz in premium segment. They will have to redesign the hinge part of the glove box,recall all the vehicles and replace it. Let us see whether they have that level of commitment towards the customer!
Old 16th April 2015, 07:49   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiondrive View Post
The noise from glove box cannot be rectified because the replacement unit is also defective.Its a shame that maruthi overlooked this matter when they positioned ciaz in premium segment. They will have to redesign the hinge part of the glove box,recall all the vehicles and replace it. Let us see whether they have that level of commitment towards the customer!
That's disheartening. I had taken up the matter with Maruti and they have assured me that it would be rectified. I have been asked to drop the vehicle at workshop and leave it there for a few days. Will update as soon as i get the time to do the same

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks