Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 23:02   #1261
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Ciaz ZXI+ owners help me make a decision
I have booked a Baleno Petrol Alpha which will coat 8.5L on road & a waiting period of 2 months.
I happend to visit a Maruti showroom on impulse to check out the Petrol Ciaz. Got a quote of 10.77L on road making a difference of 2.27L between the two. What I get for the extra 2.27 is a much bigger safer car, sheet metal being much thicker than the Baleno. The point that worry me is the performance & FE of the 1.4Lt & the upcoming upgrade if any.
Should I wait for the Baleno or go with the Ciaz .Do suggest.
Old 26th December 2015, 00:49   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhan View Post
I have booked a Baleno Petrol Alpha which will coat 8.5L on road & a waiting period of 2 months.
I happend to visit a Maruti showroom on impulse to check out the Petrol Ciaz. Got a quote of 10.77L on road making a difference of 2.27L between the two. What I get for the extra 2.27 is a much bigger safer car, sheet metal being much thicker than the Baleno. The point that worry me is the performance & FE of the 1.4Lt & the upcoming upgrade if any.
The Ciaz ia going to be launched through Nexa by February 2016. I think you should buy after that.
I am not a Ciaz owner so I can't comment much on the sheet metal, but the Baleno is definitely inferior to it.
The kind of space Ciaz offers cannot be replaced by the Baleno. The Baleno's 1.2L engine might feel peppier but it is only because of the low kerb weight and you know the reason for that.
Go for the Ciaz. The 1.4L will disappoint you only if you start comparing it with the 1.5s and 1.6s in the segment. Don't worry about the FE of the 1.4. It is tuned for efficiency. And since you are considering only Suzuki, Ciaz is the perfect choice. 10.77L for such a huge car with all the bells and whistles is nothing considering what other manufacturers are charging.
But yes again, waiting till Feb would be a wise choice.
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 07:42   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
The Ciaz ia going to be launched through Nexa by February 2016. I think you should buy after that.
I am not a Ciaz owner so I can't comment much on the sheet metal, but the Baleno is definitely inferior to it.
The kind of space Ciaz offers cannot be replaced by the Baleno. The Baleno's 1.2L engine might feel peppier but it is only because of the low kerb weight and you know the reason for that.
Go for the Ciaz. The 1.4L will disappoint you only if you start comparing it with the 1.5s and 1.6s in the segment. Don't worry about the FE of the 1.4. It is tuned for efficiency. And since you are considering only Suzuki, Ciaz is the perfect choice. 10.77L for such a huge car with all the bells and whistles is nothing considering what other manufacturers are charging.
But yes again, waiting till Feb would be a wise choice.
Thanks a lot for the reply!!
Would you have any information on the updates to the Ciaz.
Will they be cosmetic or major?
Plan to visit the showroom today for a TD, will try to pull out some info from the SR.
Old 26th December 2015, 08:57   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Dont buy Baleno. It is cruder than Ciaz, when you consider the interior plastic quality and feel, and the suspension. I have always wondered why Ciaz isnt sold through Nexa, given its more premium than Baleno. And the space it offers, can' t even be compared, especially the boot. Please take a thorough test drive, before making up your mind.
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 09:11   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Plan to visit the showroom today for a TD, will try to pull out some info from the SR.
It isn't going to be anything major. But it'll definitely add to your car's value if you buy it from Nexa, and it might help you when you want to sell off the car.
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 11:26   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
1. If you are driving at sane speeds below 100 kmph, you wont find it under powered.
2. Any kind of refresh will push the price higher.
3. I found the Ciaz more VFM than the Baleno and the Scross as well.

Points which swayed the decision towards Ciaz

1. Better space management over the two vehicles
2. Boot space significantly higher
3. Rear AC vents
4. Proportionate looks
5. Biege + Black Interiors
6. Better back seat comfort. Family was more comfortable overall in the Ciaz than the other two.
7. FE
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 12:31   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Same offers in Mumbai. We are going for Zdi+ (color yet to be chosen between grey and white)
We will going for outside insurance- that will save abt 5-6k more on the vehicle

Since we are not exchanging our car, we are not eligible for the exchange bonus. We will be making the payment on Monday. Registration should be done by Friday.

It will be the Best New Year present to our family.
I have Booked Ciaz Vxi Plus - Snow White. Expecting the car to reach Goa on 28th Dec 2015. Delivery on 1st Jan 2016.

I was also in dilemma for choosing the color between White and Grey. Finally, opted for White, the car looks elegant in white.

Negotiated and got the following deal:
Exchanged Swift LDI 2008 for 2.70L incl (Exchange Bonus)
Consumer Offer:20,000/-
FREE MGA : Interior Styling Kit, Leather Steering Cover, Registration Plate and under body coating.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 22:09   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
I am being offered a Zxi+ August manufactured Silver with 50 kms done for 10.6L on road. Can be delivered tomorrow. The SR told me though it was nanufactured in August they received it only in September end /Oct. They also denied any pkans of Ciaz being sold through the Nexa network, they were quite open about the cosmetic changes on the 2016 Ciaz but not specific. They did confirm a March / April launch of the YBA at @15Ls
Post the Baleno hangover I found the CIAZ worth the 2.5L extra. A complete VFM package.
Only question left is whether a August manufactured is OK ,only doubt why it wasn't sold till date.I know cars don't have an expiry date but 4/5 months is a long gap.
Old 27th December 2015, 00:47   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
I am being offered a Zxi+ August manufactured Silver with 50 kms done for 10.6L on road. Can be delivered tomorrow. The SR told me though it was nanufactured in August they received it only in September end /Oct. They also denied any pkans of Ciaz being sold through the Nexa network, they were quite open about the cosmetic changes on the 2016 Ciaz but not specific. They did confirm a March / April launch of the YBA at @15Ls
Post the Baleno hangover I found the CIAZ worth the 2.5L extra. A complete VFM package.
Only question left is whether a August manufactured is OK ,only doubt why it wasn't sold till date.I know cars don't have an expiry date but 4/5 months is a long gap.
You havent mentioned the exact discount offered but regardless, push for as much as possible!

I was able to extract a 25k cash + 26K worth accessories on the VXi(O) variant a few days ago. This was on a December manufactured one.

Thoroughly inspect the vehicle first. There's little reason why there would still be a 4-5 month old stock of the second best selling C2 sedan still left. If the checks are clear, try to get as much cash discount as possible under the the year change and almost 6 months old already pretext.

If cash discount is something that you cant convince them on (after the car comes out clean in the checks), extract as much as accessories as possible. Or demand free extended 3&4 year warranty.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 27th December 2015 at 00:50.
MetalBuff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 07:56   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
You havent mentioned the exact discount offered but regardless, push for as much as possible!

I was able to extract a 25k cash + 26K worth accessories on the VXi(O) variant a few days ago. This was on a December manufactured one.

Thoroughly inspect the vehicle first. There's little reason why there would still be a 4-5 month old stock of the second best selling C2 sedan still left. If the checks are clear, try to get as much cash discount as possible under the the year change and almost 6 months old already pretext.

If cash discount is something that you cant convince them on (after the car comes out clean in the checks), extract as much as accessories as possible. Or demand free extended 3&4 year warranty.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
I missed on one important detail. Insist on being shown the Form 22 and internal records which mention that even though the car is Aug manufactured, it was shipped in October. That's the only way to validate what the dealer has mentioned to you and if they are right, then you can trust them ( not without doing as extensive checks as possible)!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 28th December 2015, 22:18   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
I booked Ciaz ZXi Silky Silver at another dealership. As per the SA, my car is still in transit and mostly it will be Nov/Dec manufactured vehicle (Hoping for it to be true).
Completed pre-registration checkup today. It's a November manufactured car and everything seems to be fine. Since it reached stockyard only a few days back, there is not much dust accumulated on the car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
In Goa, Following offer is available on Petrol Ciaz.

Exchange Bonus: 30000/-
Consumer Offer: 17,500/-
Free MGA worth 5K

Billing to be done before 31st December 2015.
The offer I got in Bangalore is as follows:

Original OTR : 10.72L (Including Insurance, Ext. Warranty & Basic Accessories)

Consumer Offer: 25000
Corporate discount: 10000
Free Accessories: Underbody coating, Door Visor, Door Beading, Body Cover, Door Sill Guard, Interior Styiling Kit & Basic Accessories

Final OTR Price: 10.34L

I guess I got a good deal. Only thing which I'm not 100% happy about, is the Silky Silver colour. It's a low maintenance colour, but not a sexy/head turner one. Hopefully I'll get used to it over time.
Old 29th December 2015, 00:37   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Go for Ciaz. The extra space and supreme rear seat comfort is too much for one to miss. On the 1.4L engine and its performance, I would suggest that you will get used to the drive and begin to appreciate how you can easily drive the car in a city traffic. Please book for one before it moves to Nexa stables.
Old 29th December 2015, 15:52   #1273
BHPian

We booked White Ciaz Zdi+ SHVS yesterday from Sai Service Andheri
I would have loved to book from Shivam Autozone Kandivali but they didnt have the car in White

We got 28 k discount (18 Consumer offer + 10 k Corporate discount)
Saving additional 10-12k on insurance
Old 29th December 2015, 21:38   #1274
BHPian

My cousin booked a Ciaz ZXi+ (Glistening Gray) last week in Kochi. Total price including illuminated sills, Vinyl flooring, mats and fabric seat covers is 10.95 Lakhs OTR (Standard OTR for ZXi+ is 10.80Lakhs).
Further he was able to get the below discounts
Loyalty - 30k
Exchange for his old Esteem (14.5 years old) 45k
NCB Discount carried forward from old car 9k

Total 10.11 Lakhs OTR.

The car is in transit and should arrive tomorrow or on the 31st.

The Showroom guys willingly agreed to the PDI and assured him that he can check everything out to his satisfaction.

Delivery has been scheduled for 11th January (Auspicious date).

Last edited by nmenon : 29th December 2015 at 21:40. Reason: Corrected amounts post confirmation.
Old 30th December 2015, 09:10   #1275
BHPian

Hi Guys what do you think about this headunit for ciaz? looks like an awesome investment. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1024-...rchweb201560_5

Most Viewed