Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 09:21   #1486
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Roof, mirror, windscreen shade gloss black wrap and front grill matt black wrap.

Attachment 1495980
I think your sticker combo looks good, especially the matt front grill. But the Suzuki Symbol on the grill should be de-stickered and allowed to shine
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:40   #1487
BHPian

THE HYBRID CURSE :

Finally after driving long enough with the hybrid diesel ciaz, I write it off as nothing but pain.

-

Hybrid functions only when seat belt is on.

In stop go traffic it is a nuisance, the car keeps getting turned off and turned on.

When the car is slowed down on neutral and gradually brought to stop at a red signal to be clutched again to slot into gear to move ahead as and when it greens immediately, in a smooth transition, the damn thing switches off and starts again killing the smooth transition.

Same problem at speed breakers. You spot a speed break so slow down the car, slot it to neutral, brake enough to climb the speed breaker on neutral and midway the damn car stops before you to clutch to gear and move ahead.

Driving in Chennai heat, without the AC is close to impossible, the very smart Hybrid switches off the AC and only blower functions, heating the car up.

Driving around with friends or family, have then confused why I keep switching off and turning the car on again.

They think I am some kind idiot trying to save fuel by stopping the car for just a fraction of second and starting it again.

Don't notice any great difference in fuel economy.

Worried about the life of Starter motor, Engine, Heavy battery and AC. I am sure these are getting damaged with the exaggerated numbers of continuous stops and starts.

Dreading that it will turn off in traffic, I find myself clutching the car more often, stopping the car in gear+clutch+break.

Good thing is there is a button to turn it off, irritating thing is there is a indicator light which stays on when you turn off hybrid mode.

After detailed evaluation and giving it due consideration, I feel it is a terrible hybrid concept, may be if the engine turned off only when the car is stationary for more than 20-15 secs it is worth while, not when every time you break in neutral gear.
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:35   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
THE HYBRID CURSE :

1.Hybrid functions only when seat belt is on.

2.In stop go traffic it is a nuisance, the car keeps getting turned off and turned on.

3.When the car is slowed down on neutral and gradually brought to stop at a red signal to be clutched again to slot into gear to move ahead as and when it greens immediately, in a smooth transition, the damn thing switches off and starts again killing the smooth transition.

4.Same problem at speed breakers. You spot a speed break so slow down the car, slot it to neutral, brake enough to climb the speed breaker on neutral and midway the damn car stops before you to clutch to gear and move ahead.

5.Driving in Chennai heat, without the AC is close to impossible, the very smart Hybrid switches off the AC and only blower functions, heating the car up.

6.Dreading that it will turn off in traffic, I find myself clutching the car more often, stopping the car in gear+clutch+break.

7.Good thing is there is a button to turn it off, irritating thing is there is a indicator light which stays on when you turn off hybrid mode.

I have numbered your issues in the quote, I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

1. If you remove your belt, the car thinks that you are planning to get out and hence the hybrid system doesn't work. And it's unsafe not wearing seat belts. The hybrid system doesn't work in case the doors or the bonnet is open.

2. Once the engine is off due to auto start stop, it won't shut the engine again unless the car moves some distance. Trials I conducted revealed this distance to be about a cars length.

3,4,6. You should never keep the gear in Neutral. Always brake in gear and bring to neutral once you are at a complete stop.

5. This is only when the AC is running without the engine being on, and incase the battery level or the brake vacuum level goes low, the car will start the engine provided it was stopped by the auto start stop system.

7. The OFF yellow light displayed in the meter console is there to make the driver aware that the system is off. Eg some cars have an option to turn off the ESC, in that case only when the ESC is off it is displayed.

Regarding the starter motor, Maruti has given a beefier one than normal. I'm sure it'll last you longer than you expect.

Last edited by blackwasp : 3rd May 2016 at 16:38.
blackwasp is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:58   #1489
AKB
BHPian

I got a Ciaz VXI+ last week and have driven close to 250 km till now. I am happy with the car even though my original choice was Baleno (I like hatchbacks more than sedans) but couldn't wait any longer, plus the family needed a car with bigger storage space.

Overall, I was able to get following discount/deals:

1. 2009 Swift VDI : INR 205000. Car had done 114,000 kms and had complete service history from Maruti Authorised Service Centers. I had checked with third party players like Cars24 and they had quoted the same amount.
2. Exchange bonus : INR 35,000
3. Corporate + Customer Offer = INR 10,000+10,000 = 20,000

However, I am facing issue with the gearbox. The reverse gear is difficult to engage most of the times. Also, the first gear has a bit of hitch when slotting. This is in complete contrast to my Swift VDI gearbox, which was smooth til 114K even though it was still running on stock clutch.

I have read few members talking about gear slotting issues earlier as well, just wanted to check:

1. If these issues can be rectified?
2. Is this a design issue or a random occurrence on some cars?
AKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:44   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
However, I am facing issue with the gearbox. The reverse gear is difficult to engage most of the times. Also, the first gear has a bit of hitch when slotting.
Congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the club

I was also about to post the same issue with reverse gear. I have been facing this issue in my Alto and it's common in that model. Never expected that I'll face same issue in one of Maruti's top end cars also.

In my case, it's not most of the time, but sometimes. Work around is is to slot in 1st gear, move forward a few inches and reverse again. This works always.

As far as I know, it will be bit difficult to engage first gear unless the car is stand still. This is by design to avoid mistakenly engaging 1st gear instead of 3rd gear while upshifting from 2nd. Considering the huge gear ratio difference between 1st and 3rd, it's good to have this feature.

I'm facing another issue with gear shift. I can feel a slight amount of friction when gear is slotting in. This happens with 3rd and 4th gear. I'm pretty sure that clutch is floored while I'm changing gears. I was hoping that gear shift will improve over time, but it's still not something that I can term as 'butter smooth'. Odo is only at 1700 now. Should I be worried about these issues?

Anyway I'll get these checked during second service which is in July 1st week. Please let me know if anyone else is facing similar issues.
Old 3rd May 2016, 22:07   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the club
==========
Anyway I'll get these checked during second service which is in July 1st week. Please let me know if anyone else is facing similar issues.
Even i have the same problem(not every time but occurs once or twice out of 5 times), my odo reading is also at 1700 kms. I had mentioned this issue at 1st service and service advisor said wait till 2nd service, if the issue doesn't get sorted we will check.
Old 3rd May 2016, 22:15   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Even i have the same problem(not every time but occurs once or twice out of 5 times)
Which problem? The one with reverse, 1st or 3rd?
Old 4th May 2016, 00:11   #1493
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz takes up No 1 position in C2 segment yet again.

April 2016 Sales Figures:
Ciaz: 5702
City: 5662
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 01:15   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post

My Car is one among that 5702.

Got my Silky Silver ZDI delivered last week on 27th April. Clocked 700 Kms. till date on a Full Tank and MID shows a range of more 129 Kms.

I am more than happy with my new acquisition compared to my previous purchases from Hyundai & Ford.
vikram.vns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:20   #1495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Which problem? The one with reverse, 1st or 3rd?
both, issues with reverse and 3rd, 4th gear. Issue with reverse gear happens rarely but 3rd and 4th gear issues are frequent
Old 4th May 2016, 14:57   #1496
BHPian

Quote:

I'm sure, Suzuki would be delighted with this. Once written off with SX4, they now return as the segment leaders, this is a tremendous come back
MercFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 19:20   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
I got a Ciaz VXI+ last week and have driven close to 250 km till now. I am happy with the car even though my original choice was Baleno (I like hatchbacks more than sedans) but couldn't wait any longer, plus the family needed a car with bigger storage space.

Overall, I was able to get following discount/deals:

1. 2009 Swift VDI : INR 205000. Car had done 114,000 kms and had complete service history from Maruti Authorised Service Centers. I had checked with third party players like Cars24 and they had quoted the same amount.
2. Exchange bonus : INR 35,000
3. Corporate + Customer Offer = INR 10,000+10,000 = 20,000

However, I am facing issue with the gearbox. The reverse gear is difficult to engage most of the times. Also, the first gear has a bit of hitch when slotting. This is in complete contrast to my Swift VDI gearbox, which was smooth til 114K even though it was still running on stock clutch.

I have read few members talking about gear slotting issues earlier as well, just wanted to check:

Congratulations A Excellent Choice!!
I too have been facing the non engaging reverse. Found a way to work round it by engaging 1st sometimes moving a few inches foward if space permits, then reverse!! But this can't be a permanent solution. I have covered about 4300kms. Plan to take it for an early second service. Will be taking it up with Maruti. Facing another issue, the car wobbles at 90, 110 & 130 kmph. First service had the wheel balancing was checked, no problem there, let's see what Maruti has to say this time round.
Got a FE of 19.42 tank to tank on the highway, In city getting @14.
Old 5th May 2016, 00:07   #1498
BHPian

Congratulations AKB for your Ciaz.

My Ciaz VXI has completed 4000kms today and is due for 2nd service next month. I am getting 15.9 - 17.3kmpl in mixed driving conditions and am happy with the choice except for the one below.

I have a strange problem, the car security system alarm's in between without any unauthorized access. I have set the security value to default. Can anyone help me to find the issue.
Old 5th May 2016, 13:03   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations AKB for your Ciaz.

My Ciaz VXI has completed 4000kms today and is due for 2nd service next month. I am getting 15.9 - 17.3kmpl in mixed driving conditions and am happy with the choice except for the one below.

I have a strange problem, the car security system alarm's in between without any unauthorized access. I have set the security value to default. Can anyone help me to find the issue.
- how long does the alarm sound? about 27.5 seconds? or it just beeps every now and then?

- have you checked if the trunk and engine hood is properly shut along with the doors?
Old 5th May 2016, 14:04   #1500
BANNED

One question to the experts:

Is Ciaz built on the Suzuki global C-platform, or on something different?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks