Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 10:45   #1741
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
The wheels appear to be the culprit, please physically examine each wheel closely, and I am sure you will be able to identify the rogue tyre/wheel (s)
I found out the driver side wheel had some rough patches along the edges (will post pic later) and that tyre had bit of uneven wear and a small cut as well. This went back to rear left while balancing. However, per the alignment and MASS, that wheel is perfect :-)

Quote:
And of course, one or more of your tyres could be a culprit too, if the MRF are replacement tyres, please check the date/month of manufacture of each tyre, Old tyres get hard and contribute to uncomfortable rides!
Tyres are almost 2 years old. In my 20K service, shall check if alignment/balancing could solve the problem. Else will change the tyres and see.
Old 1st August 2016, 11:20   #1742
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I found out the driver side wheel had some rough patches along the edges (will post pic later) and that tyre had bit of uneven wear and a small cut as well. This went back to rear left while balancing.
It is too early for the tires to wear out normally, however, uneven wear on front RH wheel is a matter of concern. Did you, by any chance, ever go into a very sharp pothole/concrete block/over a block of stone etc at speeds above 40kmph?

It would not be a bad idea to get the front RH suspension checked for bush condition and functioning.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 11:57   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
It is too early for the tires to wear out normally, however, uneven wear on front RH wheel is a matter of concern. Did you, by any chance, ever go into a very sharp pothole/concrete block/over a block of stone etc at speeds above 40kmph?

It would not be a bad idea to get the front RH suspension checked for bush condition and functioning.
Nope. AFAIK, I havent run onto any pothole/block at speed. I will ask them to do a through check of the suspension components during the next service.
Old 1st August 2016, 17:28   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Tyres are almost 2 years old. In my 20K service, shall check if alignment/balancing could solve the problem. Else will change the tyres and see.
When I bought my SX4 VDi, I swapped the original 15" steel wheels and 195X65/R15 tyres with Maruti OE 16" alloys from Mandovi and JK Vectra 205X60/ R16 from Madhus respectively.

For the first 2000 km, I did not exceed 80 kmph, except for short bursts, just to bed the engine.

Post 2000 km when I started opening up (100 to 140 kmph), I could feel the car shuddering uncontrollably beyond 120 kmph.

None of the analysis on the suspension, steering geometry, helped. Ultimately, the problem was diagnosed to two OLD tyres, Madhus had installed in the front (the rear tyres were brand new, but the front tyres were more than 3 years old).

Needless to say, I fought tooth and nail and had the front tyres replaced with brand new ones. The shuddering just stopped and the ride became ultra-smooth, as designed!

That's why I hinted you need to check the age of the tyres!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 18:17   #1745
BHPian

Quote:

Needless to say, I fought tooth and nail and had the front tyres replaced with brand new ones. The shuddering just stopped and the ride became ultra-smooth, as designed!

That's why I hinted you need to check the age of the tyres!
Now I understand where you are coming from. Let me go and check the dates for individual tyres.
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:18   #1746
BHPian

Good News for those of you who are actively pursuing the Monthly sales competition of Ciaz vs City, it is a wonderful news !!!
July 2016 Month Sales:
Ciaz : 5162 units
City : 4317 units
Ciaz wins Hands down this month
Sarath_MoJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:42   #1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarath_MoJa View Post
Good News for those of you who are actively pursuing the Monthly sales competition of Ciaz vs City, it is a wonderful news !!!
July 2016 Month Sales:
Ciaz : 5162 units
City : 4317 units
Ciaz wins Hands down this month
Top 10 selling cars in July 2016: Maruti Ciaz sales surge 146%

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst

Top 10 selling cars in July-2016; Maruti Ciaz sales surge 146%!!

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/53521877.cms

May the Ciaz tribe keep growing!

Read more at:

Read more at:

Mod Note: Please edit within the forum editor. Copy-pasting from an external edit can impact the formatting and tags.

Last edited by ampere : 25th August 2016 at 08:02. Reason: Fixed Tags
Old 6th August 2016, 15:01   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Car went in for an express 2nd service, actually the 2nd checkup. Only involves water wash, general checkup and wheel rotation. costed me Rs30 and 2 hours of my time.
Hi Visaster, I guess this service to be the 5000Kms/2nd free service. Have you skipped wheel alignment at MASS? I was charged Rs. 600/+ for the second free service, which includes wheel alignment and grease for the brake calipers.

After the wheel rotation and alignment I could feel a mild vibration with the steering above 80kmph. Before the service, steering was absolutely perfect at higher speeds. Moreover, the ride quality has gone down now at higher speeds. I think MASS guys messed up the alignment or balancing.

At times my Ciaz nosedives while releasing the clutch pedal in 2nd gear. When reported during the service, I was told clutch bleeding should solve the problem. Even after bleeding the problem persists. Does anyone face this issue?
Old 7th August 2016, 09:06   #1749
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a March 16 ciaz ZDI which has done about 11k kms as of today. I am pretty satisfied with the way its performing though there is one particular thing that's bothering me.
I got the second service done around 5k kms which was just an inspection, so around 8500 kms i lifted up the bonnet to find that the coolant level was at its lower mark. I checked this after i had been using the car, so i went to the service center who just topped it up with water and said it was nothing to worry about.
Next i kept a regular eye on the level till i got the third 10k kms service done at around 9500kms and the level of the coolant did come down just a bit and checked this after the car had been at rest for the night and on level ground.
At this 10k kms service car was checked for leaks and none were found. Now after about 1500 kms the coolant level has come down just a bit.
Just wanted to know if this is normal behavior or is there something that needs to be checked out.
Have been using the AC regularly and have no issues with overheating or anything.

Last edited by superboy44 : 7th August 2016 at 09:07.
Old 7th August 2016, 12:05   #1750
BHPian

Got the car checked at the service station and by the time I reached there it was back to its normal level.
They say some amount of variation can be there though it should not be a significant amount.
They said that if the level of the coolant drops again they will probe it further.
Got the wind noise issue when the car was doing highway speeds fixed to my satisfaction.
Also have put in a concern regarding the fragile finish of the console below the handbrake which is prone to getting scratched even though I make it a point to not keep anything there.
Let's see if I get a positive resolution for the same.
Old 12th August 2016, 09:48   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post
Hi Visaster, I guess this service to be the 5000Kms/2nd free service. Have you skipped wheel alignment at MASS??
I got the wheel rotation done at the MASS. I never do the wheel alignment at MASS, most of the times they don't do it, but charge you. Wheel being the most important contact to the road, I don't take that risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
Have been using the AC regularly and have no issues with overheating or anything.
I think it is totally normal to have some variation in level unless it is getting empty. Coolants last a long time, but I usually empty the old coolant and add a fresh one every 10000km, not just topup.

Car has managed to finish more than 5000km, but I am still struggling with low mileage compared the numbers quoted by other members here. May be my driving skill, road traffic and the outside weather is to be blamed. None of it is in my control I have tried my best to change my technique but not helping. So I am finally settling for 15km/l inside city and 20km/l on Highway.
No more going to be worried about it.

Looking to get white lights for the car. Can someone HELP me with the bulb type which produces white light. Want to change the twin beam, parking and fog lamps to all white.
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 20:06   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I got the wheel rotation done at the MASS. I never do the wheel alignment at MASS, most of the times they don't do it, but charge you.

Car has managed to finish more than 5000km, but I am still struggling with low mileage compared the numbers quoted by other members here. May be my driving skill, road traffic and the outside weather is to be blamed. None of it is in my control I have tried my best to change my technique but not helping. So I am finally settling for 15km/l inside city and 20km/l on Highway.
No more going to be worried about it.
Even, I am nearing 2nd service for my ciaz, hate to get wheel aligned at mass, if I get that done outside they might find that as a reason to void warranty in future (already have replaced one Tyre in warranty)

I have the same issue with 15kmpl in city(zdi) + Bangalore traffic + ac always on, but managed to get around 20kmpl with very sedate driving (but can't maintain that day in and day out).

You can try this once, Reset mileage calculator after tank up and up shift a bit early irrespective of what the gear indicator says but make sure that you don't knock the engine. Press acceleration pedal very gently especially in the lower gears.

My service advisor has strongly recommend me not to change the engine oil before 10 k service and follow Maruthi recommended oil change intervals, he says the modern engines would not have wear and tear as much as previous generation engines for same time period (1000 kms).
Old 19th August 2016, 17:28   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post

My service advisor has strongly recommend me not to change the engine oil before 10 k service and follow Maruthi recommended oil change intervals, he says the modern engines would not have wear and tear as much as previous generation engines for same time period (1000 kms).
Even my said the the same but i got it changed at first service and i saw a big jump in mileage. For the first 1000kms maximum was 17.5kmpl that too on highways without even reaching 3 digit speeds. After the oil change it reached to 22-23 on the highway.
Old 19th August 2016, 18:04   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Vathsa View Post
Even, I am nearing 2nd service for my ciaz, hate to get wheel aligned at mass, if I get that done outside they might find that as a reason to void warranty in future (already have replaced one Tyre in warranty)

Getting the wheel alignment done outside ideally should not void warranty. An independent tyre shop is always the better bet when doing a wheel alignment/balancing work.
Old 25th August 2016, 07:59   #1755
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz facelift expected early 2017, will get an engine upgrade. Likely to be sold through Nexa?

Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz is having a fantastic run in its monthly sales figures so far and to keep up the momentum the facelift of Ciaz is expected shortly.

Quote:
The Ciaz facelift will sport cosmetic changes done to the exterior which will include new bumper designs and resigned front and rear fascias along with additional chrome inserts to make the car look more premium than the current one. The interior too could also get updates done to dashboard and new upholstery to keep things fresh.
The already feature rich Ciaz is rumored to also get more features such as Sunroof and Cruise control inline with the competition.

Mechanicals will see a big change in the Ciaz facelift with the brand new 1.5 litre M15A Petrol engine giving out 109bhp and 138NM of torque along with a 6 speed automatic gearbox thus ditching the old 4 speed auto on the current car.

M15A Engine details of S Cross ( released in Indonesia in MT and 6 speed AT) for reference but could be tuned differently for Ciaz,
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-capture.jpg

The diesel burner will continue to be the trusted 1.3 DDis motor with 90 bhp and 200 Nm of torque and will be offered only in MT.

This M15A engine is likely to come in the S Cross(for India) and could power more of Maruti Suzuki vehicles.

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th August 2016 at 08:07.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks