Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2017, 13:25   #2311
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Has anyone installed 6x9 Speakers(or any speakers) on the rear tray and connected them with the rear door speakers without an amplifier?
As a suggestion, I’d advise you to get your amplifier installed & not run the 6x9’s from the rear speakers.
The overall performance from the audio upgrade won’t be satisfactory, as I had done something like that on my Tata Safari & it didn’t exactly make a big difference until I installed an amplifier for the same.
Old 30th December 2017, 14:18   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
As a suggestion, I’d advise you to get your amplifier installed & not run the 6x9’s from the rear speakers.
The overall performance from the audio upgrade won’t be satisfactory, as I had done something like that on my Tata Safari & it didn’t exactly make a big difference until I installed an amplifier for the same.

Thanks for the info.

I guess this would also depend on the head unit so wanted to know if someone had done this on the Alpha variant.

For the last 8 years I had been using these speakers connected directly to a Pioneer 5050 5 channel head unit with good results.
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:23   #2313
BHPian

Hi Ciaz AT Owners ,

I have taken a short test drive of Ciaz AT ( currently i own manual fiesta classic and grand i10) , as the drive was kind of short in city of Mumbai , I could not gather much information or rather feel of this car. The only few things i felt nice about it was it's super comfy seats and well appointed interiors. I would be grateful if you could share your experience on below points

1) Do you folks feel the 1.4 engine with 4 speed AT box to be adequate for car of this size , how is the power ?
2) How is the suspension on typical bad roads ? plush / harsh or how
3) Is the ground clearance enough for highway drives ?
4) Have you faced any specific niggles ?
Old 3rd January 2018, 18:03   #2314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
1) Do you folks feel the 1.4 engine with 4 speed AT box to be adequate for car of this size , how is the power ?
Yes, very much. It feels sprightly because of the light weight and TC AT gearbox. The lack of more number of gears is felt when on 2 laned carriageways, where the GB makes frequent downshifts and upshifts.

Quote:
2) How is the suspension on typical bad roads ? plush / harsh or how
Plush, in fact too soft in the rear, the rear sags with load.

Quote:
3) Is the ground clearance enough for highway drives ?
No problem in the highways, but at unscientific speed humps, the sagging rear may scrape when car is fully loaded.

Quote:
4) Have you faced any specific niggles ?
  • AC Compressor failure
  • Front ARB bush failure (twice, and still living with it)
  • Incorrectly fit driver seatbelt, MS had to ship a new one to the dealer to have that changed
  • Ill fitting sunglass holder
  • Couple of rattles here and there
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 20:53   #2315
BHPian

I am about to take delivery of my Ciaz Zeta Petrol in two days & wanted to install a gear lock in it since its the manual version but the RM at nexa advised against installing one . Has anyone installed a gear lock ? Does the installation ruin the interior ? can you please share some photos of the installaton .
Old 18th January 2018, 05:54   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I am about to take delivery of my Ciaz Zeta Petrol in two days & wanted to install a gear lock in it since its the manual version but the RM at nexa advised against installing one . Has anyone installed a gear lock ? Does the installation ruin the interior ? can you please share some photos of the installaton .

Why not buy a steering lock instead. I have 2 automatics and was perplexed to find out that there can be no gear lock installed. Then browsed Amazon and was able to find a decent baseball bat type steering lock which also looked good. The use of these devices is to act as a deterrent to a potential thief which this steering lock does I believe. Also get a GPS tracker installed for more safety.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 06:53   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Why not buy a steering lock instead. I have 2 automatics and was perplexed to find out that there can be no gear lock installed. Then browsed Amazon and was able to find a decent baseball bat type steering lock which also looked good. The use of these devices is to act as a deterrent to a potential thief which this steering lock does I believe. Also get a GPS tracker installed for more safety.
I agree with the GPS lock but this has to be installed very far away from your home to prove its effectiveness . We are buying the manual & the gear lock is a must in our area & I met with another owner who has an Autocop gear lock installed flawlessly .

Last edited by drift2race : 18th January 2018 at 07:06.
Old 20th January 2018, 23:58   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
The gear lock in Ciaz can be installed from any accessory shop but you need to ensure that the rear AC vent pipe that runs through the same place where the lock is installed is not cut and damaged when the plastic cover is cut.
Old 21st January 2018, 08:59   #2319

When I picked up my Ciaz, had wanted to get the gear lock installed. The dealer told me this is not possible due to the rear air vent. Subsequently, when I was getting the Autocop gear lock on my Ritz replaced, the Autocop mechanic confirmed that the rear air vent was indeed the problem and therefore Autocop does not install the gear lock in Ciaz.

As an alternate security mechanism, I find that unconventional security mechanisms work well as they can take thieves by surprise. I use a thick iron chain and a big Harrison lock to securely lock the steering wheel to the drivers seat. Works well.
Old 21st January 2018, 11:37   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone installed 6x9 Speakers(or any speakers) on the rear tray and connected them with the rear door speakers without an amplifier?
Apparently this is not possible without cutting the metal frame at least on the Alpha variant. Went to multiple Car Audio shops in Hyderabad and all of them told me the same thing.
Old 27th January 2018, 07:43   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently this is not possible without cutting the metal frame at least on the Alpha variant. Went to multiple Car Audio shops in Hyderabad and all of them told me the same thing.
I have a Zeta & want to upgrade the audio system for better audio quality , any suggestions ?
Old 27th January 2018, 12:12   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Zeta & want to upgrade the audio system for better audio quality , any suggestions ?
I'm running the stock setup of the Alpha variant, quite happy with it apart from the bass. Maybe upgrade the head unit to the Alpha one?

I think it would be better if you post in the Car Audio section.

Last edited by Foxbat : 27th January 2018 at 12:14.
Old 27th January 2018, 12:14   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
I'm running the stock setup of the Alpha variant, quite happy with it apart from the bass. Maybe upgrade the head unit to the Alpha one? Also maybe get the stock tweeters installed on the window corners.

I think it would be better if you post in the Car Audio section.
Can we actually retrofit the touchscreen unit onto the Stock one ? My RM refused saying that it's impossible . Additionally i will ask in the right section , thanks for pointing me towards it .

Last edited by drift2race : 27th January 2018 at 12:15.
Old 27th January 2018, 12:20   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Maruti has reduced the price of the infotainment unit:

Old price:

Attachment 1701723

Latest price:

Attachment 1701724
Quote:
Can we actually retrofit the touchscreen unit onto the Stock one ? My RM refused saying that it's impossible . Additionally i will ask in the right section , thanks for pointing me towards it .
I think so, see the above post. Thats why Maruti is selling it as a separate unit.
Old 27th January 2018, 13:16   #2325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think so, see the above post. Thats why Maruti is selling it as a separate unit.
It's available as a spare part. I took this picture when the infotainment unit was replaced under warranty in a friend's Ciaz.

I don't think it's advisable or feasible to try retrofitting it in a lower variant. I know someone who tried it and not all features worked in his car.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks