Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2018, 02:35   #2401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
After my third free service (2017, Ciaz Auto), have been experiencing strong vibration in the vehicle post 80 KMPH. The vibrations are so evident that even rear passengers started to take notice of it last evening. I strongly suspect the wheel balancing is incorrect or is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Vehicle was super smooth prior to the service.
You are most definitely right. Also there might be wheel bulge. Check this immediately. It will also impact steering components and also safety. Had the same experience in our ANHC and it was a badly balded tyre with a bulge.
Old 28th October 2018, 09:47   #2402
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
After my third free service (2017, Ciaz Auto), have been experiencing strong vibration in the vehicle post 80 KMPH. The vibrations are so evident that even rear passengers started to take notice of it last evening. I strongly suspect the wheel balancing is incorrect or is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Try to see if only the tires are vibrating or the whole floor is vibrating and whether or not the vibrations stop after reaching certain speeds or not and does the vibrations start at 80 only or not at about close to 90?

I am asking this because my Ciaz also has a similar problem from the past 1.5 years and even 3 different MASS centers could not fix the issue.
Old 22nd November 2018, 19:59   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
One question to the experts:
Is Ciaz built on the Suzuki global C-platform, or on something different?
I was unable to trace an answer to this question and hence bumping it up again. What Platform is the Ciaz based on?
Old 22nd November 2018, 21:09   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Things to check.

1) If you have alloy wheels, check if they have got balancing done with balancing weights on both side, if only static balancing is done ( weights only on the inside), then its not right and you need to get dynamic balancing done.

2) If the nuts are tightened right, they need to be tightened in the X fashion, if you have a doubt about this, just jack the car up, loosen the nuts and retighten them back in the X fashion.

3) If the floor is vibrating, generally floor vibration is associated with rear wheels not being balanced properly but this happens at 80-100 plus speeds and you can feel the floor vibration near where you keep your legs while driving, if that is the case get dynamic balancing done.

4) Check if any of your tyres have a buldge.
Old 25th December 2018, 12:32   #2405
Senior - BHPian

Rodents have attacked our Ciaz AT and the car is not cranking now, the fuel gauge shows empty and low fuel icon flashes constantly.

Car had a full tank of petrol on the last run. Family couldn’t smell any petrol leaks as well. Checked the fuel pump related relays, they look fine. No visually bitten wires as well, other than windshield washer tubes and the sound dampening material.

Any idea what else could I check before I call for help?
Old 25th December 2018, 13:45   #2406
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Rodents have attacked our Ciaz AT and the car is not cranking now, the fuel gauge shows empty and low fuel icon flashes constantly.

Car had a full tank of petrol on the last run. Family couldn’t smell any petrol leaks as well. Checked the fuel pump related relays, they look fine. No visually bitten wires as well, other than windshield washer tubes and the sound dampening material.

Any idea what else could I check before I call for help?
Perhaps the rats sat in the space between the fuel tank and seat and bit everything there. That answers your doubt of why the fuel gauge shows empty, and the fuel pump isnt supplying fuel to the engine. Check below the rear seat. The fuel pump harness is most probably no more. The low fuel light blinks when the data from the fuel level sensor isnt correct. If not this, then you should trace the same harness from the fuel tank to the engine bay. Somewhere in between, you will definitely come across the workmanship of the rat. Also check if the fuel pump primes when you turn on the ignition.

Last edited by audioholic : 25th December 2018 at 13:48.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 14:27   #2407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Perhaps the rats sat in the space between the fuel tank and seat and bit everything there. That answers your doubt of why the fuel gauge shows empty, and the fuel pump isnt supplying fuel to the engine. Check below the rear seat. The fuel pump harness is most probably no more. The low fuel light blinks when the data from the fuel level sensor isnt correct. If not this, then you should trace the same harness from the fuel tank to the engine bay. Somewhere in between, you will definitely come across the workmanship of the rat. Also check if the fuel pump primes when you turn on the ignition.
Thank you. Makes perfect sense.

The fuel pump doesn’t prime when I turn on the ignition. Tried removing the seat squab but it was bit tricky. Shall take it to neighboring FNG and get it checked, and the wires patched up. Shall update once done.
Old 27th December 2018, 12:32   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Update: Car was taken to a known FNG since the fuel tank/wiring for fuel float/fuel pump is inaccessible from within the cabin/rear seat in the Ciaz. We removed the rear seat and found that it had full metal base and no opening. In Fiats, the tank sits flush with the cabin and once the rear seat is lifted, the wiring can be accessed.

Here in the Ciaz, there is a gap between the tank and cabin good enough for rodents to live.

Fuel tank was brought down and we found 6-7 small rodents in there along with lots of paper and random stuff. The damaged wiring was patched up as getting a new harness meant more downtime (more than 20 days). Car is running good now.

Will probably get them replaced sometime later.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-b636792e2e5c4b499e031965dee34ce8.jpeg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-afed6b80ff9347ed92e52d6743b7f27b.jpeg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-3fcd4d32474a4d97b638437f72e8f1cd.jpeg

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-081a1e1972f542e88bff0d9265bc529c.jpeg
DRIV3R is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 22:06   #2409
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Update:
Here in the Ciaz, there is a gap between the tank and cabin good enough for rodents to live.

Fuel tank was brought down and we found 6-7 small rodents in there along with lots of paper and random stuff.
wow, curious to know how rodents got in there, despite the gap between the tank upper portion and the cabin floor. Through the gaps on the inner sides of the body shell ?

While I can understand that in cars with an underbody protection plate (fiats for example) there is indeed a flat surface for the rodents to "live" there is not many electrical wires which can be accessed from there (wires mostly will be at the height of the engine head), leaving a gap like this in a place where there is less heat and which can never be known by visual inspection, is a serious problm. Looks like a serious design flaw.
Old 4th January 2019, 14:46   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Can someone provide the exact Model Number for the K&N Filter to be used for the Ciaz SmartHybrid DDIS 1.3 diesel engine based car?
Is it this one: K&N 33-2952 ? URL

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 4th January 2019 at 15:10.
Old 7th January 2019, 18:38   #2411
Senior - BHPian

After driving the Ciaz AT (my mom's car) for 500km over the past week, here are my impressions:

1. The engine is dead or flat between about 2,500-4,000 RPM. Makes driving in fast 4 lane highways and expressways difficult

2. Low end torque is excellent and performance above 4,000 RPM is good. While driving in 2 lane highways, the torque is best used to pick up speed. Overtakes are best done by slamming the pedal

3. O/D off button is hardly useful in you're driving with a light foot (<2,500 RPM) in hilly regions

4. 100 kmph comes up @ 2,600 RPM. Sweet spot for this engine is 90 kmph

5. Enough about lack of highway performance, the city performance is simply too good. Coupled with the refined engine (under 2,500 RPM) it is simply too smooth and excellent. Ranvir Singh (in the ad) wasn't lying when he claimed that "it feels like I'm not driving"

6. Rear seat room is excellent, the only thing I missed with the Innova is the height

7. Surprsingly, highway FE is not very good- 13 kmpl. City FE is 11.5 kmpl.

Overall no complaints for the usage pattern of my parents- which is about 6,000 km of city usage and 500-1,000 km of highway usage a year. I'm glad that I made them buy the Ciaz over the Baleno. Our old 2005 Getz, which had 32cc less, 4 valves lesser(12v SOHC , 4 cyl 1.3), 8 bhp and 15Nm lesser than the Ciaz performed better.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 7th January 2019 at 18:42.
Old 8th January 2019, 11:45   #2412
BHPian

Here's my latest odo reading.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-img20190107wa0004.jpg

This car has been a work horse for it's driver (who unfortunately is not me). The stock tyres have not yet been changed (but will be now ).

P.S. The car is 3 years and 6 months old.
Jeevith is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 15:30   #2413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Here's my latest odo reading.

Attachment 1834818

This car has been a work horse for it's driver (who unfortunately is not me). The stock tyres have not yet been changed (but will be now ).

P.S. The car is 3 years and 6 months old.
Stock tyres lasted for over 100,000 kms
Looking at the running, i am assuming that this is a diesel version. How is the car holding up? Any major rattles?
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 15:42   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Stock tyres lasted for over 100,000 kms
Looking at the running, i am assuming that this is a diesel version. How is the car holding up? Any major rattles?

no buddy...this is a ZXI (petrol version). Distance covered is mostly on the highways, i.e., trips from Bangalore to Coorg and back. City driving would only be around 20k out of the 100,000 km. We didn't anticipate the usage at the time of purchase (even if I did I may have still bought petrol, didn't like the diesel version).

Car's held up really well, no complaints what so ever, apart from a few rattles here and there (nothing too noticeable). One small rattle near the glove box area comes to mind. I don't drive this car any more (gave it to my dad within 10,000 km), but we're so happy with it that I went and bought another black Ciaz (facelifted model).
Jeevith is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 15:57   #2415
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
no buddy...this is a ZXI (petrol version). Distance covered is mostly on the highways, i.e., trips from Bangalore to Coorg and back. City driving would only be around 20k out of the 100,000 km. We didn't anticipate the usage at the time of purchase (even if I did I may have still bought petrol, didn't like the diesel version).
the 19.6 kmpl denotes the number for TripA/TripB or the overall odo itself ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed